PDA

View Full Version : ESPN to televise Red/White game live on 4/8 @ 1 PM

SoonerStats
2/8/2006, 01:25 PM
Just announced today. Didn't see it posted yet.

Egeo
2/8/2006, 01:45 PM
that means the game will probably suck again....

and i dont think ill be able to get in free this year... boooo

oufan1
2/8/2006, 04:43 PM
Awesome!!

opksooner
2/8/2006, 06:07 PM
I hope it's better than last year's game. After the first half I was thinking, "Stoops just doesn't want to show anything!". Yeah, right. :(

IronSooner
2/8/2006, 06:17 PM
Kickass. Better be national.

OUGreg723
2/8/2006, 07:34 PM
AWESOME!!! Thanks! I mean i could watch it on the O-zone. but espn is cool.

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2006, 07:37 PM
that means the game will probably suck again....

and i dont think ill be able to get in free this year... boooo

i bet someone here could come up with that $5 for you ;)

will be interesting to see the new backup QB get some playing time

hopefully Freeby wont get as much work as he did last spring

Flagstaffsooner
2/9/2006, 12:03 AM
Network to air Red-White game

From staff reports

ESPN (Cox 29) will televise Oklahoma’s Red-White Spring Football Game at 1 p.m., April 8, the school announced Wednesday.
It will mark ESPN’s second visit to the OU spring game. In 2003, ESPN’s spring tour was in Norman when the College GameDay crew of Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit were on hand.
“We have experienced tremendous national media interest in our football program over the past seven years and it is gratifying for us to see the respect manifest itself in other ways” Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said in a statement. “We appreciate ESPN’s continued interest in our university and the progress of our student-athletes. Sooner fans everywhere are excited about the upcoming football season and this unique venture helps us provide a bit of a ‘sneak preview’ of the prospects for the 2006 season as well as showcase our entire university to millions of people across the country.”
College GameDay has made three other visits to Norman for football (the 2000 Nebraska game, 2001 North Carolina game, 2003 Oklahoma State game).

shavedmarmoset
2/9/2006, 12:31 AM
Man, we're only gonna run like three different plays on offense and not blitz on defense just so people don't see what we're doing. Screw ESPN.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2006, 01:17 AM
Man, we're only gonna run like three different plays on offense and not blitz on defense just so people don't see what we're doing. Screw ESPN.He's right, I'll bet. It shouldnt be so exciting to watch. But, it's still good PR for the U and the football program.:meat:

RADsooner
2/9/2006, 07:28 AM
no ,now KW is the OC-I bet we open it up this year and run FOUR plays!!!!

fesperman58
2/9/2006, 08:45 AM
as well as showcase our entire university to millions of people across the country Sort of doubt that the spring game will draw millions of viewers

Flagstaffsooner
2/9/2006, 10:11 AM
Sort of doubt that the spring game will draw millions of viewersWonder if Ashley is free to do the halftime show.:O

The Consumate Showman
2/9/2006, 10:16 AM
could be nice to have them here. someone needs to break out a "Corso is a Pen!s" poster......"Herbstreit is a S<rotum"......and "Fowler is a Wanker".....These guys have dogged on OU a little too much in the past, pi$$ on them!

OU-HSV
2/9/2006, 10:17 AM
Hopefully Kornheiser and friends won't have anything to do with the broadcast.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/10/2006, 12:55 AM
Sort of doubt that the spring game will draw millions of viewersMaybe some potential recruits from far away places...

The Consumate Showman
2/10/2006, 01:05 PM
Maybe some potential recruits from far away places...

Maybe a couple of good QB's for the future........:D