PDA

View Full Version : Steve Williams update......

Geekboy
2/8/2006, 01:15 PM
The Doc is doing great after his cancer surgery awhile back. Had a wrestling match a couple of weeks back here in Shreveport. Is getting his weight back up.

Without question one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life. He's one of those people that would give you the shirt off his back.

yermom
2/8/2006, 01:43 PM
The Doc is doing great after his cancer surgery awhile back. Had a wrestling match a couple of weeks back here in Shreveport. Is getting his weight back up.

Without question one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life. He's one of those people that would give you the shirt off his back.

wow.

great news

Widescreen
2/8/2006, 01:48 PM
Awesome. Hope he stays in remission.

soonerlaw
2/8/2006, 01:49 PM
Dr. Death was and always will be the man.

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 04:59 PM
Slightly on topic... whatever happened to Tyrone Prothro? I can't find any recent info on him, and I hope he's doing well...

yermom
2/8/2006, 07:03 PM
i'd imagine he's still rehabbing or something, i can't imagine they will know for a while, that just a guess though

oumartin
2/8/2006, 07:12 PM
I pinned Dr. Death one time!

it was in a dream but I still did it!

oh, and i was a member of the Rock n Roll express

sooneron
2/9/2006, 09:42 PM
Slightly on topic... whatever happened to Tyrone Prothro? I can't find any recent info on him, and I hope he's doing well...
to be honest, I'm surprised that Selma hasn't given us an update every 4 frickin hours!
:texan:

Great to hear that about Dr. D! I wish him the best. His pic is down in my Sooner Lounge.

John Kochtoston
2/9/2006, 10:44 PM
I pinned Dr. Death one time!

it was in a dream but I still did it!

oh, and i was a member of the Rock n Roll express

Varsity Club like a mofo. Until they added Dan Spivey, anyway.

Tidefan36854
2/10/2006, 06:07 PM

Pro is in rehab, and said to be progressing well. It is the opinion of most insiders that he will redshirt the upcoming season, but there are doctors who are saying he may be able to this year. Translation: They don't know anything yet!

I loved watching Dr Death in the 80's. Even more off topic, has anyone heard anything about Jim Ross? Is he really sick, or was it part of the show?

Ruthie
2/12/2006, 04:52 PM
I'm a Sooner's Fan and a long time friend of Steve Williams. I've known him since the 7th grade. He took me to Homecoming our sophmore year is HS.

Just talked to him yesterday. He was "home" (Colorado) visiting and so we talked for quite some time.

He's doing great! Same ol' Steve....he's a fighter and yeah, he did wrestle awhile back and will be doing some more soon.

He's not done, yet! He's still ready to go;)

Jay C. Upchurch
2/14/2006, 11:43 AM
Jim Ross was at the OU women's basketball game Sunday. Looked like his usual self.

slickdawg
2/14/2006, 11:52 AM
Prothro is rehabbing now, after an extended hospital stay. I believe he
had a blood infection set in after the break & surgery, which prolonged
his recovery.

In other news, Eddie Sutton still looks like hell. Of course, he is from there.

#1 SOONER FAN
2/14/2006, 03:12 PM
I met Steve Williams at one of the home games this year, never talked to a nicer guy, told him how much I enjoyed watching him play football and wrestle. Super guy, hope only the best for him.