PDA

View Full Version : Back in OKC...

BillyBall
2/8/2006, 12:37 PM
So I got to come back to OKC for work this week. Kind of nice getting to come see the fam for free and get out of town for a while, especially this time of year. The CEO of the company I am analyzing asked me if I brought a sweater because there is a cold front moving in..... :eek: I tried not to laugh.

I got my list of restaurants and bars I used to hit, but would appreciate any suggestions. I try to stay near the Western Ave. area due to where I am staying. TIA.

ChickSoonerFan
2/8/2006, 01:25 PM
It is cold here..I had to scrape my windows on my car yesterday!

On North Western there is plenty to do. Have you been to Cafe Nova? Kind of swanky place. On the nights of the Hornets games, they have limo rides from there to the game (and back I would hope). VZD's is still there and Sipango's, Bin73 for wine. There are some sushi places and stuff. Not sure how long it has been since you have been back.

yermom
2/8/2006, 01:48 PM
yeah, but has it stopped snowing up there yet?

a buddy of mine just moved outside of Chicago. a few weeks ago he said when it gets up to about 30 it feels like springtime :eek:

HoserSooner
2/8/2006, 01:53 PM

a buddy of mine just moved outside of Chicago. a few weeks ago he said when it gets up to about 30 feels like springtime :eek:

I'd love to have 30 degree temperatures right now. :(

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 02:12 PM
So I got to come back to OKC for work this week. Kind of nice getting to come see the fam for free and get out of town for a while, especially this time of year. The CEO of the company I am analyzing asked me if I brought a sweater because there is a cold front moving in..... :eek: I tried not to laugh.

I got my list of restaurants and bars I used to hit, but would appreciate any suggestions. I try to stay near the Western Ave. area due to where I am staying. TIA.Cafe Nova is a nice new place on Western Ave.

Mjcpr
2/8/2006, 02:13 PM
Cafe Nova is a nice new place on Western Ave.

In American, that's Nova Cafe.

dolemitesooner
2/8/2006, 02:15 PM
EAT CRACKERS ... OKLAHOMA HAS SOME OF THE BESTEES STORE BOUGHT CRACKERS IN THE WHOLES WORLD

BillyBall
2/8/2006, 03:34 PM

a buddy of mine just moved outside of Chicago. a few weeks ago he said when it gets up to about 30 it feels like springtime :eek:

It's actually been mild in Chicago this year (20's-40 for highs). I've heard that it is going to suck for the foreseeable future though.

Your buddy is right, I was excited a few weeks ago because it got up to 41 so I could go for a run outside.

I definitely am digging the 50's here though....

BillyBall
2/8/2006, 03:38 PM
Cafe Nova is a nice new place on Western Ave.

The owner is a guy that I grew up with, I'm actually supposed to go there tomorrow night with a few friends. Based on the ownership, I'm afraid it might be ghey.....

Tonight, it's all about the **** o' the Walk. :D

Hatfield
2/8/2006, 03:43 PM
the walk serves liquor now...so that is pretty cool.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 03:57 PM
The owner is a guy that I grew up with, I'm actually supposed to go there tomorrow night with a few friends. Based on the ownership, I'm afraid it might be ghey.....

Tonight, it's all about the **** o' the Walk. :DHmmm, if JP is ghey then I'd hate to see a real ghey guy.

Hatfield
2/8/2006, 04:03 PM
if by ghey you mean way over priced swill then yes nova is ghey

ChickSoonerFan
2/8/2006, 04:14 PM
**** of the walk rocks.

JP is not ghey..he just can't be.

GottaHavePride
2/8/2006, 04:37 PM
I'd love to have 30 degree temperatures right now. :(

I'll trade. You can have our 61 degrees if we can have some ****ty cold weather. ;)

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 04:47 PM
EAT CRACKERS ... OKLAHOMA HAS SOME OF THE BESTEES STORE BOUGHT CRACKERS IN THE WHOLES WORLD

:confused:

If you keep getting high you're never going to stop driving into traffic lights.

BillyBall
2/8/2006, 04:49 PM
I was afraid that "ghey" would be taken literally.... No JP is not gay.

Let me rephrase, I am afraid that Nova will be full of people that I have tried to get away from for the past 5 years.