PDA

View Full Version : Welp, off to be humiliated!

oumartin
2/8/2006, 11:45 AM
my 6th month cleaning is today. I hate this day.
It can work one of two ways. I get the lady that picks at me non stop for not flossing enuff or the cute one that is very polite in how she says things.
I'm guessing I get the mean lady.

critical_phil
2/8/2006, 11:47 AM
... or the cute one...

i love a good game of Elbow Tittay in the dentist chair......

Fugue
2/8/2006, 11:49 AM
I've got to go today too. :mad:

Elbow Tittay eh?

IronSooner
2/8/2006, 11:57 AM
Hmm...this game intrigues me. Sadly, I just had my last visit a month ago. And I didn't get the cute one.

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 12:00 PM
I always get the ones that pick with that sharp thing until it bleeds and then say "See this?! THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO FLOSS! If you floss this won't happen!"

Whatever you say, lady! Just stop hurting me!

Soonrboy
2/8/2006, 12:01 PM
tell 'em you're just ensuring them job security

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 12:12 PM
I always get the ones that pick with that sharp thing until it bleeds and then say "See this?! THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO FLOSS! If you floss this won't happen!"

I do floss, and that still happened to me last time. That hasn't been a problem before, but they suggested I might need to come three times a year instead of two. I guess the dentist just bought a new boat. :D

It probably won't help that I tried making an appointment for the end of this month but the earliest opening they have is at the end of freaking April.

oumartin
2/8/2006, 12:22 PM
yeah, my insurance spent an extra grand last year for 4 really deep cleaning, one where they gave me shots and gas and really got after it. it does help and I believe flossing helps.
Just some peoples immune system build plaque more than other peoples do.

Flagstaffsooner
2/8/2006, 12:26 PM
my 6th month cleaning is today. I hate this day.
It can work one of two ways. I get the lady that picks at me non stop for not flossing enuff or the cute one that is very polite in how she says things.
I'm guessing I get the mean lady.Doesn't pulling pubic hair from your teeth count as flossing?

Harry Beanbag
2/8/2006, 12:27 PM
I should go some day, it's been about 8 years or so. :O

fadada1
2/8/2006, 12:29 PM
my old man is a dentist... he's never hired a hottie. i've always made the suggestion that if he did, i'd visit more often.

critical_phil
2/8/2006, 12:29 PM
I guess the dentist just bought a new boat. :D

don't get me started.

just started my youngest in orthodontics. that makes #4.

1stTimeCaller
2/8/2006, 12:33 PM
I actually like to go to the dentist. The one I went to growing used the gas. I love that stuff. I'd always tell him that I couldn't tell a difference and then he'd come back and I'd be stoned on the gas wanting more. That trick never worked on Dr. Hall again.

Pieces Hit
2/8/2006, 12:35 PM
note on elbow tittay:

That's not a nipple on her elbow, that's just wrinkly elbow meat.

OUinFLA
2/8/2006, 01:24 PM
I do floss, and that still happened to me last time. That hasn't been a problem before, but they suggested I might need to come three times a year instead of two. I guess the dentist just bought a new boat. :D

When I followed that bit of advice, it changed things dramatically for me.
My cleanings dont hurt anymore, I hardly bleed. And I dont floss.

I dont believe I will be giving up my 3X a year schedule from now on. I dont care what the Dentist buys, as long as I dont have pain anymore.
I suggest you try it for a couple of years and see how it works for you.

Widescreen
2/8/2006, 01:31 PM
Maybe if she didn't shove that poking thing into your gums using all her weight, you wouldn't bleed either. Try telling her that next time. :D

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 01:36 PM
I suggest you try it for a couple of years and see how it works for you.

Twice a year was working just fine until my last appointment. I think the ADA has started some kind of Gingivitis Jihad. The last time I had my teeth cleaned there was a new poster on the waill detailing all the health problems that gum disease is linked to, seemingly everything from impotence to Alzheimer's Disease. A coworker noticed the same thing at her dentist's office.

oumartin
2/8/2006, 02:03 PM
yep, the last couple years its been all about peridontal(sp) disease!

well, I made it through my cleaning pretty well. Wasn't the hottie that cleaned them today either but pretty painless non the less.

same story though. "use an electric" and "you should floss more"

OUinFLA
2/8/2006, 02:17 PM
I think Flagstaff has posed a legitimate question.

Pricetag
2/8/2006, 02:29 PM
I've always been a clean freak about my teeth, really good with the brushing and flossing, but I've been able to soar to new heights in the last couple of years after I started rinsing twice a day with Listerine.

skycat
2/8/2006, 02:58 PM
Last time I went, the dentist did the whole cleaning his own self. I figured he must realize just how important of a guy I am.

My wife's appointment for later in the day was cancelled, because the hygenist was sick that day.

TexasLidig8r
2/8/2006, 04:40 PM
I just walk in.. sit down.. hottie comes in.. I say.. "I have NO pain threshhold regarding my teeth.... grab her titay in one hand and say.. you hurt me, I hurt you.. Proceed madam."

then the police came.

Some women have NO sense of humor about tittay squeezin.

Fugue
2/9/2006, 02:41 PM
I got worked over yesterday. Still hurts. And even though I competed in a great way, I failed miserably at ET. I had my elbow swingin' out like Costanza but I got nuthin'. :mad:

Fugue
4/9/2008, 09:26 AM
Elbow Tittay

I had always thought that this was holy grail of dentist office tittay but no. A couple days ago I took one right in the eye. Normally a person closes the eyes to brace for impact when an object is hurtling toward the face. Not this time. I watched that Zep all the way in. Like so > :eek: .

Condescending Sooner
4/9/2008, 10:23 AM

Whatever you say, lady! Just stop hurting me!

I once offered to switch places with a hygenist, and told her I guaranteed I could make her gums bleed with the metal hook. She declined the offer.

SoonerInKCMO
4/9/2008, 11:06 AM
I had always thought that this was holy grail of dentist office tittay but no. A couple days ago I took one right in the eye. Normally a person closes the eyes to brace for impact when an object is hurtling toward the face. Not this time. I watched that Zep all the way in. Like so > :eek: .

I'm trying to imagine how her tittay ended up that high when she was working on your mouth... but I can't. :confused:

ETA: Also, is your dentist taking new patients?

Fugue
4/9/2008, 11:18 AM
I'm trying to imagine how her tittay ended up that high when she was working on your mouth... but I can't. :confused:

ETA: Also, is your dentist taking new patients?

My hygienist is tiny and I have a BIG melon.

This is my dentist. He's Jewish.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dd/Seinfeld_s8e19.jpg/200px-Seinfeld_s8e19.jpg

jkjsooner
4/9/2008, 09:56 PM
Ugh, I have to go in a couple of weeks. I'll get the usual questions/criticisms of my diet soda intake. Unfortunately, I've been doing 2 or 3 day (down from what I used to do). I'll just lie I suppose.....

I need to learn to like coffee...

Oh, and I will not get the cute one. Somehow I've been stuck in a routine with the hideous one.

tulsaoilerfan
4/9/2008, 10:02 PM
I've had those root scalings before, and they are the suck; since i started going 3 x a year for cleanings, no root scalings and the cleanings are not as painful; i highly recommend this for everyone

tulsaoilerfan
4/9/2008, 10:04 PM

It probably won't help that I tried making an appointment for the end of this month but the earliest opening they have is at the end of freaking April.

LOL, i have to schedule 2 appts in advance to ensure i get in when i need to, and heaven forbid i have to cancel one as that pushes it back another 2-3 months

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2008, 10:26 PM
My dentist used to have a hygienist that wouldn't shut up. She would be trying to have a conversation that of course was one way because she was cleaning my teeth. I started pretending I was asleep.

The new one isn't too bad, but last time I went I had a fever blister on my lip. I told her it hurt, but she didn't listen. That was the only time I've ever had to jerk the hygienist's hand out of my mouth.

goingoneight
4/10/2008, 12:58 AM
I dated a dental "hygenist" before.

Don't do that.

'specially if you gots to get yer teef cleaned by her. :eek:

goingoneight
4/10/2008, 01:00 AM
I just walk in.. sit down.. hottie comes in.. I say.. "I have NO pain threshhold regarding my teeth.... grab her titay in one hand and say.. you hurt me, I hurt you.. Proceed madam."

then the police came.

Some women have NO sense of humor about tittay squeezin.

That's not 'eye of an eye,' Lid... that's tits fer teeth. :texan: