PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate Names

Mjcpr
2/8/2006, 11:41 AM
Ran across this one at work: Richard Sack That's right, Dick Sack.

My apologies to anyone here who might be burdened with that name.

HoserSooner
2/8/2006, 11:48 AM
There is a small town south of here named Beeton. The one we like to use is Richard Hurtz from Beeton. :D

yermom
2/8/2006, 11:48 AM
we had Dick, Anita call for tech support a few times

crawfish
2/8/2006, 11:52 AM
I went to high school with a girl named Raisda Wong.

1stTimeCaller
2/8/2006, 11:53 AM
There was a DG or Gamma Phi when I was at OU whose name was Anita Dick. She was hawt too.

SoonerWood
2/8/2006, 11:54 AM
Richard Ball
Chip Fudge

SoonerWood
2/8/2006, 11:55 AM
There was a DG or Gamma Phi when I was at OU whose name was Anita Dick. She was hawt too.

you've got to be kidding - some cruel parents right there

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 11:58 AM
Went to school with a guy whose name was Benjamin Tovar. Ben Tovar. Yeah.

But the winar, and I challenge anyone to top this, was my Jr. High computer teacher. His name was Eaton Caulk. Middle name Harry.

1stTimeCaller
2/8/2006, 11:58 AM
nope. Her freshman year was 98 or 99. She was very good looking. VERY.

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 11:59 AM
I was at Showbiz back in the day, and the animatronic bear (Billy Bob?) started singing Happy Birthday to a kid named Rancid. Yep, Rancid.

I went to high school with a Bristol Meyers. I guess the first thing his mother saw after he was born was a bottle of aspirin. :D

I went on a prospective student tour at OU with Brandy Alexender.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2006, 12:09 PM
Went to HS with a girl with the last name Fuchs, pronounced Fox.

Melo
2/8/2006, 12:11 PM
But the winar, and I challenge anyone to top this, was my Jr. High computer teacher. His name was Eaton Caulk. Middle name Harry.

I have a name worse than that.

I know a guy actually named 'Howzit'. :eek:

What do I win?

fadada1
2/8/2006, 12:11 PM
went to high school with mike howe (say it fast) - kinda like mike hunt.

Harry Beanbag
2/8/2006, 12:12 PM
There's a guy that does commercials for his business on the radio out here, realtor or something like that. His name is Richard Black.

I remember two guys in the Navy with last names of Spray and Swallow. Since they were E-3s at the time, their first names were Seaman.

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 12:15 PM
Don't try to pronounce this unless you live in Houston: Fuqua St.

Flagstaffsooner
2/8/2006, 12:17 PM
Only texass would have a grocery store chain named after their founder, Harry E. Butts (HEB). Lets not forget Harry Hines Blvd in Dallas.

fadada1
2/8/2006, 12:19 PM
I remember two guys in the Navy with last names of Spray and Swallow. Since they were E-3s at the time, their first names were Seaman.
no lie, was in the navy with a guy whose last name was seaman. was a gunners mate, so he was seaman seaman until e-4. then, of course, he was petty officer seaman.

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2006, 12:21 PM
I went to college when a guy named Ted Head . . . his older brother was Richard.

Sooner Schemer
2/8/2006, 12:24 PM
NASCAR driver Dick Trickle

BillyBall
2/8/2006, 12:28 PM
Went to Jr. high with a guy whose mom had just married and decided to hyphenate..... Melissa Eaton-Aycock, I **** you not.

Shamrock
2/8/2006, 12:36 PM
When I was in the Army in California, there was a guy listed in the phone book as - Bang, Phuc N.

We also had two Vietnemese girls in my high school, one named Yu Can Chew and the other named Tu Can Chew.

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 12:39 PM
When I was in the Army in California, there was a guy listed in the phone book as - Bang, Phuc N.

This is plausible.

We also had two Vietnemese girls in my high school, one named Yu Can Chew and the other named Tu Can Chew.

This is not. :eddie:

bigdsooner
2/8/2006, 01:01 PM
when i was a kid, there was a little store in arkansas called Ball's food market.
grandsons name was Harry. :eek: :D

HoserSooner
2/8/2006, 01:40 PM
We were on a cruise out of Miami a couple of years ago, and there was an old guy on board, whose name was Willie Bangher. I crap you not....and obviously, he was a part of the show every night in the theatre.

We were at a wedding reception for one of my buddies from high-school a couple of summers back, and there was a name placard next to me and the name on it was B.J. Hardick. We figured it was a prank and that there would be other names on other tables that were humorous. Well, halfway though dinner this guy sits down and introduces himself as B.J. :eek: Poor bastard.

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 01:42 PM
Fag Bearings, Joplin MO

I don't even want to know. :eek:

Howzit
2/8/2006, 01:51 PM
Isn't the owner of the HEB grocery store chain named Harry Butts?

fadada1
2/8/2006, 01:52 PM
Isn't the owner of the HEB grocery store chain named Harry Butts?
Pat McCrotch.

Howzit
2/8/2006, 01:53 PM
Holden McGroin

fadada1
2/8/2006, 01:56 PM
Jack Mehof

HoserSooner
2/8/2006, 01:56 PM
Phil McKracken.

fadada1
2/8/2006, 01:58 PM
why are there so many scottish people with funked up names???

viper
2/8/2006, 02:20 PM
Once worked with a guy who went by the name P.C. Tang. I asked one day what the PC stood for-----Pun Chang.

OhU1
2/8/2006, 02:22 PM
Cocaine Mothershed. Was a QB at an OKC high school. He had a sister named Marijuana I think.

Another name I came across once in my work: Bigwhip Princess. Never met her but I knew I didn't want to make this women angry.

salth2o
2/8/2006, 02:31 PM
One of my students name is Earl Lee.

1stTimeCaller
2/8/2006, 02:35 PM
Cocaine Mothershed. Was a QB at an OKC high school. He had a sister named Marijuana I think.

Another name I came across once in my work: Bigwhip Princess. Never met her but I knew I didn't want to make this women angry.

He played at Douglass. I think he spelled it Kokaine. I had heard about his sister but never saw her name spelled.

Tear Down This Wall
2/8/2006, 02:40 PM
Ah, yes. OKC Douglass' Kokain Morthershed. Went to NEO. Wound up at Missouri Southern. What up, Koke?

Chart - Sports
Issue: 9/26/03

Mothershed overcomes obstacles of life, football
By Philip Martin

During the first half of a scrimmage, the starting quarterback took the snap and looked for an open receiver. Before he could throw the ball, two different defenders sacked him.

This is one moment Kokain Mothershed, senior quarterback, will never forget. During Mothershed's sophomore year, he did almost that exact play on the fourth play of the game for the Northeastern Oklahoma A&M Golden Norsemen. He had already thrown two touchdowns that day and was heading for a third.

"Coach Green called the option," Mothershed said. "We ran the option and the defense made me keep it. I kept it, and they couldn't bring me down. I stood up and my leg was in the pile and a linebacker came and hit me."

Mothershed had a lineman on the bottom of his leg. When the linebacker hit him, he twisted with the lineman still holding on to his leg.

When he twisted, his leg stayed, and he heard a pop.

"What is so crazy about it is when I heard it," he said.

"Because I always had ankle problems back in the history of my career, I thought it was my ankle. It didn't hurt or anything like that. I heard it pop; I thought 'Oh, my ankle.' I looked down and my leg is all twisted up and I'm like, 'OK, well that's not my ankle.'"

Mothershed laid down on the field and called for the trainers to come help him off.

"I was surprised more than anything; it hadn't hit me until I was at the hospital," Mothershed said. "I've always bounced back from injuries."

Rob Green, offensive coordinator, said Mothershed still has pins and rods in his leg from the break and operation.

Mothershed said the injury "bothers" him every now and then, but he doesn't let it show.

"After going through that, I think I have great pain tolerance," he said. "The healing process of a broken leg is crazy. I don't wish that upon anybody. Anything that breaks me down and makes me cry is painful. It hurts every now and then, and I'm not going to use that as an excuse for anything I do."

Mothershed is no exception to pain. He has gone through trials and tribulations his whole life.

"I'm not for bringing out some sad story about me, because I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me," he said. "Everything that happens to people happens for a reason. It makes you stronger; it makes you wiser; it makes you smarter about decisions that you are going to make for the rest of your life. I just take it as a blessing - the trials that I go through."

Green believes the break taught Mothershed patience on and off the field.

"Here's a young man that's getting ready to be starting quarterback his sophomore year in college and receives a huge emotional and physical setback," he said.

"Looking at that standpoint, that's the attitude of Kokain Mothershed. Here's a guy who had to overcome a lot throughout his life to get to where he is at."

Green has known Mothershed for five years since he started coaching at NEO the same year Mothershed started college.

"I came in the spring after recruiting was done at NEO," Green said. "And when they informed me that we had a young player coming in whose first name was Kokain, I'm sure you could imagine the first thoughts that went through my mind. In fact, I made a comment to one of the other coaches sarcastically 'I'm sure we'll get along fine.'"

After Green got to know Mothershed, he said he has nothing but "the deepest amount of respect and appreciation as a person and a football player."

Mothershed said he received his name from his grandfather's nickname.

"It (my name) came from my grandfather," he said.

"His name is Clarence Fugett but they called him 'Daddy Koke.' We both have the same birthday and he's from Duncan, Okla. My family, I guess got it from him."

Mothershed said his family calls him 'Koke' after his grandfather.

Mothershed has returned from his broken leg and is returning to the quarterback position after a year as strong safety. After that year, Mothershed said he has to get back into the repetition of being the quarterback. So far this season, he has a total of 599 yards - 478 passing and 121 rushing for three games.

Mothershed is averaging 199.7 yards per game.

His mantra seems to be "everything happens for a reason."

SoonerBorn68
2/8/2006, 02:46 PM
Dick Eaton. He was listed in the OKC phone book, until recently.

Pricetag
2/8/2006, 02:52 PM
Fag Bearings, Joplin MO

I don't even want to know. :eek:
We went camping in the Ozarks a lot when we were kids, and my brothers and I always had a good laugh about that place when we'd pass it.

20 years later, we passed it on the way to the Big 12 Championship game in Kansas City, and it's still funny. I had to take a picture.

C&CDean
2/8/2006, 02:53 PM
I once had a fairly attractive student from Hawaii who went by the P.G. After a couple days in class, one of the guys asked her what P.G. stood for. With a very straight face she said "***** Good." True story.

And of course nobody has a worse name than Picasso's indian buddy. "Two Dogs ****ing."

walkoffsooner
2/8/2006, 03:01 PM
Jack Moorehead He takes it pretty good though except over P.A at walmart.

GDC
2/8/2006, 03:02 PM
There was a doctor in Tulsa named Safety First. I knew of a girl named Ophelia Dick, and had a friend named Woody Johnson. Some of the Cherokees around here have interesting name combinations involving names like Beaver, Nakedhead, Doublehead, Nohead, etc.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/8/2006, 03:12 PM
A guy in the Tulsa phone directory in the early '60's named Sequoia Mouse. I knew a guy in the Army named Fred Redslob. Too bad he didn't have a funny first name.

OhU1
2/8/2006, 03:15 PM
Another one: Steven Oral Love

How do parents choose these names?

Spray
2/8/2006, 04:26 PM

I see absolutely no humor in this. You people are just plain cruel. Bastages, all of you.

Harry Beanbag
2/8/2006, 04:27 PM
I see absolutely no humor in this. You people are just plain cruel. Bastages, all of you.

You weren't in Orlando around '93-'94 were you? ;)

Spray
2/8/2006, 04:31 PM
In high school, my buddy got a real kick out of calling my dad "Spray", me "Squirt", and my younger brother (a.k.a. Blue) "Dribble".

Hee-larious.

BeetDigger
2/8/2006, 06:09 PM
I was introduced to a guy named Dick Short. It was all I could do to keep a straight face.

I knew another guy named Peter Little.

Lastely, I knew a guy named Harris Hymen. Actually Harris Hymen IV. He went by Terry. The wives all laughed and asked who would name their kid Harry Hymen? One of them wondered if he had a brother named Buster.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/9/2006, 12:14 AM
There's a cardiologist here in OKC named Dr. Hartsuck.

AustinTXHorn
2/9/2006, 12:20 AM
Destinee Hooker
http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=51&change_well_id=17&member_id=878

There is, or at least was, a urologist in Austin named Dr. Richard Chop.

usmc-sooner
2/9/2006, 12:28 AM
I had a CO who was Major Johnson

salth2o
2/9/2006, 01:02 AM
Shi'thead Martin

proud gonzo
2/9/2006, 01:46 AM
i knew a girl whose name was prounounced "Mary-anna" (anna with an "ah" sound)

it was spelled "Marijana"

it was misspelled a lot.

Jimminy Crimson
2/9/2006, 02:15 AM
Always funny when a guy named Oral ends up in the ministry. :D

BoogercountySooner
2/9/2006, 07:31 AM
Work with a guy now named Ronnie Hyman.

Worked with vietnamese guy's in Houston one named Dong one named Hung and one named Dung!

Cam
2/9/2006, 08:18 PM
Aquarius Bright Moon

Precious Johnson

XingTheRubicon
2/9/2006, 11:20 PM
Former neighbor Mike Hunt. He goes by "john" though. I called him Mike by accident because my wife and I would spend hours upon hours laughing about his name and it slipped out. He stared at me for about 6 seconds. I attempted to apologize through telepathy, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/10/2006, 01:56 AM
Several years ago, Ole Miss had a basketball player named Edmund Fitzgerald. As in the wreck of the ....

Currently, Georgia has a basketball player named Dave Bliss. Hopefully, he doesn't hear any Baylor taunts during road games.

frankensooner
2/10/2006, 10:29 AM
When I was a kid, we had some of those boat people transfer into my school. One guy was named Wee Ha.

I also heard of a guy named Rusty Pipes, another guy was named Rusty Rust, and I had a pledge brother named Hugh Fudge.

GDC
2/10/2006, 11:00 AM
Rainwater Beaver

Uncle Rico
2/10/2006, 11:23 AM
There was a safety in the NFL that I think played for Carolina named "Harry Colon"

GDC
2/10/2006, 01:23 PM
I've got a coworker who named his boys Willie and Waylon.

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 01:28 PM

Yes, but you live near Nohead Holler so.....

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 01:33 PM
Is it still trendy to give your kid a last name as a first name?

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 02:04 PM
Had to post this here since I just heard about it. We're interviewing a guy whose name is Woody Wang. :eek:

Harry Beanbag
2/10/2006, 02:20 PM

TMI

Skysooner
2/10/2006, 02:21 PM
I knew a girl named Happy that ended up marrying Jim Guys.

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 02:23 PM
I knew a girl named Happy that ended up marrying Jim Guys.

I knew a girl named Happy. That's why she was named Happy. :texan:

pb4ou
2/10/2006, 02:27 PM
one of my friends wanted to name one of his kids Justin Case

Mjcpr
2/10/2006, 02:29 PM
one of my friends wanted to name one of his kids Justin Case

The weird thing is their last name was Hawkins.

yermom
2/10/2006, 02:31 PM
i know of a person named Gay Lawyer

i'm so not kidding

i'm not sure if she wears bowties or not

GDC
2/10/2006, 03:21 PM
i know of a person named Gay Lawyer

i'm so not kidding

i'm not sure if she wears bowties or not

Ha ha, spek!:texan:

SoonerAtKU
2/10/2006, 04:23 PM
Not unfortunate, but I knew a guy named Max Butcher, and then there's OU architecture prof Nick Harm. They should start a crimefighting league.

NormanPride
2/10/2006, 04:25 PM
Not unfortunate, but I knew a guy named Max Butcher, and then there's OU architecture prof Nick Harm. They should start a crimefighting league.

Or a lawfirm... :eek:

handcrafted
2/10/2006, 04:52 PM
What was the name of that FSU receiver? Craphonso Thorpe?

mdklatt
2/10/2006, 04:52 PM
D'brickashaw Ferguson, coming soon to an NFL team near you.

yermom
2/10/2006, 05:19 PM

i'm surprised it took this long for him to come up

royalfan5
2/10/2006, 05:25 PM
My uncle wanted to name my cousin Lancer Lawton. My aunt talked him down to Lance with R as a middle initial. Not as obvious that way.

yermom
2/10/2006, 05:49 PM
i don't get it

RacerX
2/10/2006, 07:25 PM
High School - George Goodhead, became an optometrist, has since changed his name, probably due to legal issues his dad had.

Dated a girl in high school with the last name of Loose...

At work -
Anita Mann
Pat McKracken
Bob Eubank
James Bond (an OU employee that had an office up here).

Previous place I worked -
Ed Sullivan

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/10/2006, 09:14 PM
High School - George GoodheadHe is now Dr. Goodman and works with Dr. Belardo at Advanced Laser. He has his diploma on the wall that says Goodhead though. I'd imagine you guys gave him all kinds of crap. If it weren't for him, my laser surgery wouldn't have gone so well because he had me do vision therapy.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/11/2006, 01:27 AM
There was also the FSU receiver with the last name of Fagg.