PDA

View Full Version : T-minus 3 more days at work

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2006, 01:41 AM
So I have three more days at work. Good times at work-I've been able to say what I want to people for the last couple of days, which is working out pretty well so far.

Today, a guy walked in to my office and started going on about "that idiot out there wouldn't do this and that without asking me a bunch of questions."

I looked him in the eye and said "Sir, do you have a college degree?"

"No" he said.

"Sir, Jack has a degree in finance from SUNY and a degree in economics from UAA. While I understand that you're frustrated, you may wish to reconsider whom you call an idiot. I'll work with you to resolve your issue, but I will not have my staff insulted."

Of course, had he said that he did have one, I would have been up **** creek. But I wasn't.

picasso
2/8/2006, 02:00 AM
good one. I would have told you I had one from St. Copius.

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 02:09 AM
I'm purusing an advanced degree from the largest non-accredited university in the country based on my work experience.

Tailwind
2/8/2006, 09:02 AM
I wish it were my last day at work. There are a lot of things I'd like to get off my chest, and a lot of people I'd like to get off my back!

Mjcpr
2/8/2006, 09:02 AM
I wish it were my last day at work. There are a lot of things I'd like to get off my chest
Go ahead. Take off that itchy, itchy bra.

Harry Beanbag
2/8/2006, 09:13 AM
So because the dude has a couple of degrees he isn't an idiot? I've met plenty of morons that are college graduates.

Tailwind
2/8/2006, 09:45 AM
Go ahead. Take off that itchy, itchy bra.
Have not yet dressed for work so I'm not wearing one at the moment. Go ahead.....take your imagination for a ride. :D

1stTimeCaller
2/8/2006, 09:47 AM
So Jack needed two degrees in order to get a job at a bank?

picasso
2/8/2006, 10:19 AM
So because the dude has a couple of degrees he isn't an idiot? I've met plenty of morons that are college graduates.
well said, well spoken.

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2006, 10:23 AM

:rolleyes:

Yes, that's exactly the point.

Or maybe the point is that random *******s don't get to call people who are making an honest attempt to help them idiots.

picasso
2/8/2006, 10:29 AM

Or maybe the point is that random *******s don't get to call people who are making an honest attempt to help them idiots.
well said, well spoken.

Harry Beanbag
2/8/2006, 10:32 AM

I understand the point and agree with it, just thought the way you chose to handle it was a little peculiar and extraneous.

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 10:55 AM
Take off that itchy, itchy bra.

How would you know bras are itchy?

Look who I'm asking...never mind.

Mjcpr
2/8/2006, 11:16 AM
How would you know bras are itchy?
That's a knock off quote from some movie that I can't remember the nam of, I think.

Oldnslo
2/8/2006, 11:18 AM
You did good, Froz.

Good luck in the new jorb.