PDA

View Full Version : Duke-Carolina

Octavian
2/7/2006, 10:33 PM
I've always enjoyed watching this rivalry. I dont know if anyone is watching this right now, but its beginning to get good in Chapel Hill. Dukies up but NC is making a run in the 2nd.

Octavian
2/7/2006, 10:37 PM
JJ takin over...

Brasky7
2/7/2006, 10:50 PM
Despite all his rage*, Coach K is still just a rat in a cage...

* not to mention Dukie V's man-crush, Redick's back-zits, and the fact that his own mother can't spell their last name correctly...

70-66 Carolina...

Phuck Dook...

Duke o Brewery
2/7/2006, 10:54 PM
This is a Great game.

Octavian
2/7/2006, 10:57 PM
heels up 2 w/ 3 to go

King Crimson
2/7/2006, 11:10 PM
those two missed FT's by Hansborough may have closed the book on the heels.

King Crimson
2/7/2006, 11:11 PM
and DOckery doing his part at the stripe to keep it a 2 possession game. and a foul. nice.

Brasky7
2/7/2006, 11:13 PM
one of my favorite signs ever...

(right up there w/ "Lee Corso is a P*nis" & "Wade Boggs once drank 64 beers on a cross country flight")

is

"JJ is Redicklous" (duke sign)

right next to it

"LY Gay" (maryland sign)

Brasky7
2/7/2006, 11:16 PM
listening to Dukie V call a Dook game reminds me of that scene in Me, Myself and Irene when Renee Zellweger walks in on Jim Carrey w/ the lotion, kleenex and her picture...

now just replace Jim w/ Dukie V and give him a picture of Redick and/or Coach K

AllAboutThe'O'
2/8/2006, 01:36 AM
Is it me, or am I the only one out there hoping to see Duke meet Gonzaga in the NCAA tourney (maybe the finals), so Redick can go one-on-one with Adam Morrison? That would be this generation's Bird vs. Magic '79 NCAA showdown.
All things considered, I still hate Duke, except for when they're playing Texas.:D

william_brasky
2/8/2006, 03:20 AM
Heck of a game. I'm so friggin' sick of Duke winnin' all the time, but damnit, they're just that good. I couldn't believe some of those late game shots by Redick. The kid is a playah.

I was thinkin' about the same Morrison/Redick matchup AATO. That would be awesome. Let's hope that happens.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 10:01 AM
one of my favorite signs ever...

(right up there w/ "Lee Corso is a P*nis" & "Wade Boggs once drank 64 beers on a cross country flight")

is

"JJ is Redicklous" (duke sign)

right next to it

"LY Gay" (maryland sign)
Here ya go:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/8771/20sd.jpg

Herr Scholz
2/8/2006, 10:07 AM
Heck of a game. I'm so friggin' sick of Duke winnin' all the time, but damnit, they're just that good.
I concur. Duke's just good. Reddick's cold blooded. Best shooter since Steve Alford. Reddick will make it in the NBA though. Sheldon Williams is a thug though. And he looks funny. Had to get that in there.

http://cache.nmn.speedera.net/pics18/200/HW/HWGDNDDCFXFLWCK.20050922171727.jpg

http://home.att.net/~sl.schofield/star_wars/admiral_ackbar_2.jpg

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 10:40 AM
I swear, I'm surprised Dick Vitale had enough time to call the game, what with his mouth all over JJ's pink thing. I think that's why I hate the kid so much.

Also, why is it Duke always chokes in the tourney if they're so good? I mean, it almost seems like Sampson's had the same amount of success. I really think the ACC has always been a bit overrated.

oumartin
2/8/2006, 10:43 AM
it would take OU a month to score the amount of points combined

Herr Scholz
2/8/2006, 11:03 AM
I mean, it almost seems like Sampson's had the same amount of success. I really think the ACC has always been a bit overrated.
I disagree with that. Both Duke and NC have numerous national titles in basketball. Those are the top 2 basketball schools right now. Coach K has 3 titles I think.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 11:07 AM
it would take OU a month to score the amount of points combined

alright, man, we get it.

Moving on :D

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 11:50 AM
I disagree with that. Both Duke and NC have numerous national titles in basketball. Those are the top 2 basketball schools right now. Coach K has 3 titles I think.

With the amount of hype they get, you'd think they'd have more. I'm not saying OU is as good a program as Duke (UNC seems to be down except for the NBA team last year) but that Coach K is just as likely to blow it in the tourney as OU is.

Sooner04
2/8/2006, 12:29 PM
With the amount of talent Dean Smith had, he should've won ten titles. He's one of the all-time Tournament underachievers.

Hell, the two titles he did win were absolute gifts.

1. Fred Brown's pass straight to James Worthy.
2. Chris Webber's infamous timeout.

SoonerDood
2/8/2006, 03:36 PM
time to fire Coach K. his teams blew 18 and 17-point leads in consecutive road games.