PDA

View Full Version : Like him or not, nice story about jj redick

Collier11
2/7/2006, 03:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060207&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

colleyvillesooner
2/7/2006, 04:07 PM
I still hate him.

Herr Scholz
2/7/2006, 04:21 PM
I hate Duke with a passion. I hate those short little annoying white guys they always have: especially Hurley, Chris Collins and Steve Wojosuck. I hate that Collins and Wojo hung around to be coaches there. I think Coach K is the biggest whiner in the history of the sport. His curled up little hobbit face when he's constantly yelling at the refs makes me want to hit him with an aluminum bat. I hate the ultra geeky Duke fans. I hate Duke basketball as much as Notre Dame football. There's an air of superiority and entitlement with both programs.

Because everybody in the country justifiably hates that ball hog Redick is not a reason to like the guy. It just reinforces my opinion. The fact that he dropped 41 on my team this season just exacerbated my feelings. Last season's regional tourney at Austin was so sweet when I was there to see Duke lose.

colleyvillesooner
2/7/2006, 04:25 PM
I hate Duke with a passion. I hate those short little annoying white guys they always have: especially Hurley, Chris Collins and Steve Wojosuck. I hate that Collins and Wojo hung around to be coaches there. I think Coach K is the biggest whiner in the history of the sport. His curled up little hobbit face when he's constantly yelling at the refs makes me want to hit him with an aluminum bat. I hate the ultra geeky Duke fans. I hate Duke basketball as much as Notre Dame football. There's an air of superiority and entitlement with both programs.

Because everybody in the country justifiably hates that ball hog Redick is not a reason to like the guy. It just reinforces my opinion. The fact that he dropped 41 on my team this season just exacerbated my feelings. Last season's regional tourney at Austin was so sweet when I was there to see Duke lose.

Translation : I ****ing hate that guy.

Herr Scholz
2/7/2006, 04:29 PM
Translation : I ****ing hate that guy.
I cheered when Georgetown beat them this year. Didn't help my team one bit but I enjoyed it. I will cheer loudly again when Duke falls in March this year. Reddick will be cold one game and absolutely shoot them out of a game because he's a black hole who doesn't know how to pass.

Besides all that, I guess he's OK.

Collier11
2/7/2006, 04:29 PM
Texas fans are dumb...you may hate the guy but he isnt a ballhog...17 shots a game for 28ppg is a pretty good ratio, not to mention he is a 50% shooter, 44% from 3 and the ncaa's all-time free throw shooter. I think the guy is a frickin stud, I just wish he was playing for OU and not DUKE

Collier11
2/7/2006, 04:31 PM
and he shoots alot because he is a SHOOTING GUARD...ha ha! Just imagine if Taj were getting 17 shots a game rather than 8, the guy would be averaging 25 easily and he should be

Herr Scholz
2/7/2006, 04:31 PM
Puleez, he's a ball hog. Watch his teammates just stand around when he has the ball. They know they have zero chance of ever seeing it again.

colleyvillesooner
2/7/2006, 04:33 PM
and he shoots alot because he is a SHOOTING GUARD...ha ha! Just imagine if Taj were getting 17 shots a game rather than 8, the guy would be averaging 25 easily and he should be

Not if those shots are from outside 10 feet. ;)

Herr Scholz
2/7/2006, 04:43 PM
I haven't seen him do it yet, but if Reddick ever pulls that BS move where the stupid Duke guard ALWAYS slaps the floor on a big defensive possession, I hope a sniper takes him out. Might happen tonight vs. UNC.

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 04:50 PM
What's clear is that he looks like what so many people associate with Duke -- unathletic white players who are pumped up illegitimately by a fawning media -- and it's safe to say that's what so many people hate.

Bingo.

colleyvillesooner
2/7/2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, cause so many people think the number 1 basketball school in the nation takes in unathletic white guys. :rolleyes:

okienole3
2/7/2006, 05:18 PM
Reddick is third on the team in assists at 2.6 per game, just behind the guy in second at 3.0.

colleyvillesooner
2/7/2006, 05:56 PM
Reddick is third on the team in assists at 2.6 per game, just behind the guy in second at 3.0.

30% of his 57 assists came in 3 games.

okienole3
2/7/2006, 06:20 PM
27% of Paulus' assists came in 3 games.

27% of Dockery's assists came in 3 games.

I guess the whole Duke team is a black hole.

okienole3
2/7/2006, 06:21 PM
Actually, Reddick only had 26% of his assists in 3 games. Either they are all ball hogs or it is the system.

TopDawg
2/7/2006, 06:58 PM
I like Duke and I think Reddick is a stud. I love watching him play.

And being a ball hog isn't an inherently bad thing. If you're averaging 28.1 ppg and shooting over 43% from behind the arc while leading your team to a 21-1 record, I'd say that's enough to get a free pass for shooting the ball.

Collier11
2/7/2006, 07:12 PM
All those bad things you guys just mentioned is exactly why Duke has been to ten final fours and won three natl titles under coach K, I could only hope we were so bad and selfish?/ you people amaze me sometimes with your arrogance

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 10:31 AM
He looked good last night, though not amazing. He just looked like the guy that got the most shot attempts. I bet if you took another kid off the bench at Duke, he'd have a similar type game. It was just a fairly high-scoring affair.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 12:29 PM
BTW, Reddick went off for 1 assist last night. ;)

Herr Scholz
2/8/2006, 12:31 PM
BTW, Reddick went off for 1 assist last night. ;)
It's the system. ;)

Collier11
2/8/2006, 02:59 PM
He looked good last night, though not amazing. He just looked like the guy that got the most shot attempts. I bet if you took another kid off the bench at Duke, he'd have a similar type game. It was just a fairly high-scoring affair.

YOu are clueless man, I understand we are OU fans but can you not even admit it when you see a great player. The guy was 12-22 and 5-10 from three for 35 at UNC, it amazes me sometimes how OU fans think. I love ya for bein a Sooner but come on now

Grimey
2/8/2006, 04:22 PM
Reddick is amazing. Im guessing most people hate him because he goes to Duke. If he went to Virginia or somewhere like that, I bet the hatred would be far less.

Collier11
2/8/2006, 04:47 PM
THis is true, just cus someone goes to another school doesnt mean you cant appreciate them. He was hitting shots lastnite that very few people could hit, and he had 4 steals

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 05:01 PM
Reddick is amazing. Im guessing most people hate him because he goes to Duke. If he went to Virginia or somewhere like that, I bet the hatred would be far less.

Yeah, because he wouldn't be shoved down our throats.

He's a great player and a oustanding shooter, but I still hate him. And Duke.

One of life's great riddles:

Do I hate Duke because they have guys like Reddick,
or
Do I hate guys like Reddick cause they play for Duke?

Collier11
2/8/2006, 05:19 PM
HATE=JEALOUSY

Herr Scholz
2/8/2006, 05:22 PM
HATE=JEALOUSY
So, you're jealous of Notre Dame, Miami, USC and Texas in football? Or do you really just hate them? All hatred isn't born out of jealousy. Hatred can be pure.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 05:33 PM
So, you're jealous of Notre Dame, Miami, USC and Texas in football? Or do you really just hate them? All hatred isn't born out of jealousy. Hatred can be pure.

Exactly.

Oh and it's been a while: **** off whorn. ;)

Collier11
2/8/2006, 05:37 PM
Hate of a person is almost always from jealousy, hate in general is originated from ignorrance
Im talking on a personal level here

Herr Scholz
2/8/2006, 05:40 PM
I don't care what I am. I still hate Duke.

Collier11
2/8/2006, 05:42 PM
well Im not gonna stick up for you cus youre a texazz fan, but I was just putting the point out there to get a discussion going. ex: I think vince young is a ****** but I dont hate the guy...see where im coming from?

Collier11
2/8/2006, 05:44 PM
;) you know what im sayin

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 05:46 PM
well Im not gonna stick up for you cus youre a texazz fan, but I was just putting the point out there to get a discussion going. ex: I think vince young is a ****** but I dont hate the guy...see where im coming from?

Oh I KNOW I hate Vince Young. :D

Collier11
2/8/2006, 05:47 PM
ha ha, I love it

Collier11
2/8/2006, 05:48 PM
I know where you are coming from but we are talking about different things I think

Herr Scholz
2/8/2006, 06:07 PM
;) you know what im sayin
Feel free to hate away. It's cathartic. ;)