PDA

View Full Version : Productive Cough

Oldnslo
2/7/2006, 01:24 PM
Is the worst. I woke up last night about drowning. In snot. My own (which I assume to be far preferable than drowning in someone else's snot, to be sure) yellow-tinged oh-my-God-when-will-it-stop-I-must-have-coughed-up-a-quart fluid.

Lung puppies. Throat oysters. Plus, of course, I've got fever. Fever in the morning, fever when it's late at night, I've got fever.

I'd say I feel like ****, but at least that stuff can float.

Oh, and the washing machine is broken. Burned out motor. yahoo.

This is the first day I haven't gone to work in... 5 or 6 years. Maybe more.

Need. More. Drugs.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 01:28 PM
Need. More. Drugs.
Just don't get them delivered by USPS. [/ducks] :D

Sounds like you do need drugs.
Remember the 3 rules:
Lord loves a workin' man.
Don't trust whitey.
See a doctor and get rid of it.

Oldnslo
2/7/2006, 01:34 PM
Just don't get them delivered by USPS. [/ducks] :D

Sounds like you do need drugs.
Remember the 3 rules:
Lord loves a workin' man.
Don't trust whitey.
See a doctor and get rid of it.
Phone something in for me, willya?

...and I'm not allergic to codiene. In fact, I favor it.

proud gonzo
2/7/2006, 01:37 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59736

Skysooner
2/7/2006, 01:39 PM
I was sick a couple of weeks ago with the same random crud. It took 3 days to feel better and then 3 more days of walking wounded at work before I felt 100% again.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 01:39 PM
Phone something in for me, willya?

...and I'm not allergic to codiene. In fact, I favor it.
Okay. It'll be at the pharmacy under the name "Ivana Tinkle".

Oldnslo
2/7/2006, 01:40 PM
just no ketchup.

soonerbrat
2/7/2006, 01:40 PM
a friend of mine had something like that last week...she was sick but decided to keep working and going to school and not resting...she passed out at school and was taken to the hospital and admitted..she had pneumonia

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 01:41 PM
a friend of mine had something like that last week...she was sick but decided to keep working and going to school and not resting...she passed out at school and was taken to the hospital and admitted..she had pneumonia
Thank you, Simone.

Mjcpr
2/7/2006, 01:42 PM
I had bronchitis.

Oldnslo
2/7/2006, 01:42 PM
Thank you for that uplifting story.

pneumonia. check. I'm sure I have all the symptoms. If not now, then after I read up on what they are.

Viking Kitten
2/7/2006, 01:43 PM
I don't know why a snot thread reminded me of this, but I have to be in Tulsa next Thursday on a work project and was thinking we ought to organize a lunch.

Oldnslo
2/7/2006, 01:44 PM
I don't know why a snot thread reminded me of this, but I have to be in Tulsa next Thursday on a work project and was thinking we ought to organize a lunch.
Thursday the 16th? Cool. I'll be there. Unless, of course, I have pneumonia and die.

Viking Kitten
2/7/2006, 01:46 PM
Please try not to die, as I get do not like to go hungry.

soonerbrat
2/7/2006, 01:46 PM
Thank you, Simone.

Simone?

i'm sure that's some kind of insult but I can't figure it out.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 01:47 PM
Simone?

i'm sure that's some kind of insult but I can't figure it out.
http://www.firsttvdrama.com/enterprise/images/teacher.jpg

Got it? :D

Viking Kitten
2/7/2006, 01:49 PM
I think you meant "Sloane."

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 01:50 PM
I think you meant "Sloane."
Sloan/e was his girlfriend. Simone was the girl in class.
I think.

soonerbrat
2/7/2006, 01:52 PM
Sloan/e was his girlfriend. Simone was the girl in class.
I think.

yep, i got it.

I thought you were referring to that lame Al Pacino movie

Viking Kitten
2/7/2006, 01:53 PM
That may just be the most arcane reference I've ever seen on the South Oval, and there have been some doozies.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 02:00 PM
That may just be the most arcane reference I've ever seen on the South Oval, and there have been some doozies.
Thank you.

soonerbrat
2/7/2006, 02:03 PM
I actually got it but i had to keep up the "i don't get it" charade

FaninAma
2/7/2006, 02:30 PM
A productive cough is your friend. In all seriousness you've got a productive cough + fever that has lasted for a week or more you probably need to see your friendly neighborhood sawbones.

Okla-homey
2/7/2006, 03:55 PM

where/when...or is this just for you and Oldnsnotty?

Viking Kitten
2/7/2006, 04:57 PM
where/when...or is this just for you and Oldnsnotty?

Even though I find phlegmy chest rattles extremely hot, I was thinking more of a Tulsa area-wide gathering since I haven't met too many 918-ers. But I don't yet have my itinerary for the day, so I will post a thread as soon as I get details.

Better yet, I will let Oldnslo be social chair since he thinks he's so much better at it than me. ;)

IB4OU2
2/7/2006, 05:05 PM
Even though I find phlegmy chest rattles extremely hot, I was thinking more of a Tulsa area-wide gathering since I haven't met too many 918-ers. But I don't yet have my itinerary for the day, so I will post a thread as soon as I get details.

Better yet, I will let Oldnslo be social chair since he thinks he's so much better at it than me. ;)

Can you drop by Perkins on the way?

Oldnslo
2/7/2006, 09:26 PM
Heh. I was going to axe a question about who the "we" was in your other post, as your Social Chair skillz have been so awexome for my various OKC ventures.

You should've been at the last lunch. I'll never look at lipstick the same way again in my life.

Okla-homey
2/7/2006, 09:30 PM
Heh. I was going to axe a question about who the "we" was in your other post, as your Social Chair skillz have been so awexome for my various OKC ventures.

You should've been at the last lunch. I'll never look at lipstick the same way again in my life.

May I suggest "Billy Sims" at "The Farm" on S. Sheridan or is that too far from downtown?

Oldnslo
2/7/2006, 09:54 PM
May I suggest "Billy Sims" at "The Farm" on S. Sheridan or is that too far from downtown?
"She" still doesn't "know" her "schedule".

And Billy Rawks, but it's a pain in the *** to get to and there are no damn seats.

GottaHavePride
2/7/2006, 11:43 PM
Mmmmm. Lung butter.

proud gonzo
2/7/2006, 11:47 PM
gwoss