PDA

View Full Version : OK lets get Rockin'

Blues1
2/7/2006, 12:58 PM
Sept. 2 ALABAMA-BIRMINGHAM (5-6)
Game Notes: - OU opens season with a hard fought battle from upstart AB then scores 24 in the fourth quarter - Final OU 34 - AB 7

Sept. 9 WASHINGTON (2-9)
Game Notes:- Washington plays above their heads for one half leading 14 to 7before OU opens up passing attack in 2nd half - Final OU 38 - Washington 14

Sept. 16 at Oregon (10-2)
Game Notes:- AD runs 25 Yards for a TD and then runs 3 yards for a 2 point conversion in the last 5 seconds OU pulls out Victory in Eugene 22 to 21

Sept. 23 MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE (4-7)
Game Notes: - OU back to Form - AD runs wild 303 yards - OU 55 - MTS 3

Sept. 30 Open

Oct. 7 Those who shall not be named on Tuesdays(13-0) at Dallas
Game Notes: - 2nd Overtime Victory in Oklahoma History comes at the right time - OU 34 TWSNBNOT 28 ----- :)

Oct. 14 IOWA STATE (7-5)
Game Notes: - Hangover from Dallas - Sooners win in a close one - OU 24 Iowa State 19.

Oct. 21 COLORADO (7-6)
Game Notes: - OU breaks NCAA Passing Record - OU 69 - Colorado 19....:eek:

Oct. 28 at Missouri (7-5)
Game Notes: - AD makes run for Heisman 298 yards - OU 44 -Mizzo 3

Nov. 4 at Texas A&M (5-6)
Game Notes: - The Promise of the Big Battle is a fluke - OU 48 Texas A&M 6 - AD Close's in on The Trophy...!!!

Nov. 11 TEXAS TECH (9-3)
Game Notes: - Sooners call time out on 1 inch Line with 2 seconds to go - then score's on a trick half back pass - Final OU 66 Tech 11 ---- :D

Nov. 18 at Baylor (5-6)
Game Notes: - No Overtime this Year - Sooners Move to #1 in polls - OU 54 Baylor 0

Nov. 25 at Oklahoma State (4-7)
Game Notes: - Sooners rest first string in 2nd half - Final OU 46 - osu 6

Dec. 2 Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship (Kansas City, Mo.)
Sooners vs - Iowa State
No Contest This Time around - OU 44 - Iowa State 7

Oklahoma Vs Norte Dame in "THE BIG ONE"
and The Score is ------- To be con't ------- ;)

O'Well I had Fun.......:)

Well it's long time to Late March - How did I do....:D

Still R'

FlatheadSooner
2/7/2006, 01:07 PM
Nice vision - I like it!

Somewhere around mid-season, Gut comes back to life and has a couple 100 yd games.

The Consumate Showman
2/7/2006, 01:19 PM
I like all of this, but think that OU may end up playing toSu. I would like to play the domers, but I think that they will lose a game or two before the year's over......JMO.....

NS5
2/7/2006, 01:24 PM
Blues, wake up, wake up Coffee is on..

Blues1
2/7/2006, 01:25 PM
Ah' Hellll - It was just a Dream.......!!!! - call me when the pancakes are ready.....

Partial Qualifier
2/7/2006, 01:39 PM
This is the first time I noticed so forgive me, but: we have an open date the week before TWSNBNOT?? w00t!

Desert Sapper
2/7/2006, 01:45 PM
I hope things go this way. I expect close games @Oregon, v. saxet, @aTm, and @Misery.

Oregon will be good, but not as good as this year without Ngata. It will be in Eugene, so that will make it tougher. We will win with defense and the run game.

saxet will still be struggling at QB when we meet them in the Cotton. Their defense will be diminished from this year but still good. In the end, it will boil down to determination. Strong defense, willpower and leadership will pull us over the whorns.

Misery loves company, or so they say...and these tiggers love to play up against highly ranked teams (see Colorado in '90, Nebraska in '97, and OU in '02). Next season, that will be OU. We have needed trick plays to win at Faurot when we were more established. I think even without Mr. Smith, Misery will be good enough to play well. We will have to play loose and tricky to stay on top.

aTm will reflect their struggles from this year as they search for an identity. That is, until they face us. The ags always play better against us, and Kyle is one of the toughest venues in the NCAA. I expect us to need some big defensive plays and a few breakaway AD runs for this game.

I expect to see NU in the championship. The Huskers will be better next year, and will be ready to try and step it up to the next level. We will need to take them seriously and fight hard to win. I hope, and expect this to be what OU-NU used to be. There will be a ton at stake, and both teams will be very good. OU will need big plays on both sides of the ball to win this one.

I don't know if I expect to see ND or some other team, but I think ND will be good enough to stay in the title hunt all year. If we face them in the BCSCG (not to be confused with the Fiesta Bowl), it will be a great year. I just hope we are ready if we make it to the championship game. No matter who we play, we can't afford to put up a weak showing like we did in the last two we have played in.

olevetonahill
2/7/2006, 03:06 PM
That's all well and good but where's the rockin' ;)
Blues man you missed the shutout :eek: when does that happen ?

AzianSooner
2/7/2006, 07:43 PM
I like OU kicks Those who shall not be named on Tuesdays' a..ss.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/7/2006, 09:23 PM
Hey Blue you forgot to throw in Murray running back kicks and punts for td's

Duke o Brewery
2/7/2006, 11:07 PM
The Missou game will be fairly competitive, but not a nailbiter.
We won't shut out Baylor.
The game in Dallas will be decided in the 4th, but our archrivals won't have what it takes to hold us down in the end.

Other than those things I think this season prediction is just about right.

goingoneight
2/8/2006, 11:17 PM
UAB 7
OU 42 (c'mon, do you really think after TCU that we'll even go close at a home-game season opener?)

WU 14
OU 35 (just throwing numbers out there)

UO 14
OU 21 or 24 (Bob will be wise to prepare for this game just the same as he did for the HB)

MidTenSt. (otherwise known as TBA) 0
OU 35 or 42

OU leads next opponent 14-0 throughout 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters, then wears down the Chizik D, and opens up the field for AD to run........... all day.

Iowa State 14
OU 28

Colorado 3
OU 70... j/k... how about 35 or 42 at home

Missouri 7
OU 21 or 24

aTm 14
OU 17 (the "scare" of the season)

the next game will be a very close matchup Tech fans, until the kickoff... they know its coming and they would just assume not play football in 2006, rather than entering Owen Field on an unfateful Saturday November 11. Be rady for perhaps the biggest blowout in Bob Stoops history... oh wait, we already delivered that one in 2003...
T TECH 0
OU 55 (with a controversial touchdown at the end, just to let them know they had a chance) God, I'm evil...

Baylor could honestly pull a season out of next year... nevertheless--
BU 15
OU 38

I predict a low scoring game for "Bedlam 2006."
OU 17
OSU(cks) 0 (hahahahaha)

BIG 12 Title Game:
Nebbish and OU rivalry is reborn, cut-throat finds another way to embarass the good people of Nebraska, like punching a ref or something...

OU 42
Neb 21 (hopefully)

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP... OU at NOTRE DAME!!!
ESPN says both teams are the best teams ever (big surprise), and National Title goes into triple overtime, with the "deserving Heisman winner" (initials B.Q.) throwing an interception to opponents defense.
But I don't know who will win... :)

rainiersooner
2/9/2006, 02:21 AM
I've said it elsewhere on this board and I'm going to keep saying it until September...the Huskies are so very, very bad that I see it as 56-7. They may be the worst team on the entire schedule. Also, I'm going to make a lot of money off of my UW friends up here in the rainy city.

fadada1
2/9/2006, 10:26 AM
... and Kyle is one of the toughest venues in the NCAA.
i always hate hearing about this. it's a tough place to play when a big game comes to town - but not because of the crowd, IMO. i think the kids hear all week long how the crowd this, and the crowd that... the noise is not significantly different from OU (or any other major team) in a big game. the only difference is you've got 10K sheep in the stands, 4 good looking women all getting the attention from 20K hitler youth trainees, a band that plays the SAME song every halftime show, and a coach that can't decide where he wants to coach.

Bevo-Stevo
2/9/2006, 10:37 AM
OU leads next opponent 14-0 throughout 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters, then wears down the Chizik D, and opens up the field for AD to run........... all day

With your returning O-line?? Highly doubtful. I like Texas' chances a lot here. Read some quotes here about the UT defense beng down next year....not going to happen. They will be as good if not better than this year's defense. Texas 24 - ou 10. Hook 'Em!!

Jason White's Third Knee
2/9/2006, 10:56 AM
With your returning O-line?? Highly doubtful. I like Texas' chances a lot here. Read some quotes here about the UT defense beng down next year....not going to happen. They will be as good if not better than this year's defense. Texas 24 - ou 10. Hook 'Em!!

OUr returning O line has gotten some help from 2 of the top 50 JUCO recruits in the country. Also, the injuries on that O line should be shored up by then. We won't have 5 different lines in the first five games like last year.

Texas will have a strong defense. I wouldn't get too cocky if I were you. VY is gone and that is beyond huge. OU's D will be tougher this year than last. The D line loses Dusty but gains several more bodies for rotation. Texas will have to score on OU and that will not be an easy task to say the least.

24 points my ***.

Octavian
2/9/2006, 10:56 AM

dude, Vince went pro.

Bevo-Stevo
2/9/2006, 11:06 AM
dude, Vince went pro.
Hence, the 24 point prediction instead of 40-plus. Freshman QB notwithstanding, Texas will be able to move the ball and certainly run the ball on most everyone. Hard to win a big game like this as a freshman QB, but Gardere, J. Brown, and Major all did it so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Hook 'Em!!

Octavian
2/9/2006, 11:49 AM
Hence, the 24 point prediction instead of 40-plus. Freshman QB notwithstanding, Texas will be able to move the ball and certainly run the ball on most everyone. Hard to win a big game like this as a freshman QB, but Gardere, J. Brown, and Major all did it so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Hook 'Em!!

Gardere...James Brown...Applewhite?

They cant help you either.

Octavian
2/9/2006, 11:52 AM
If you think Texas can beat Oklahoma w/ one dimension, you're crazy.

Whoever the frosh qb will be, he'll have to make quick reads against the most athletic D he'll have ever faced...add confusing coverage schemes and blitz packages, throw in the Cotton Bowl environment....I like OU's chances too.

OUstud
2/9/2006, 01:27 PM
Kind of like UNC 2001. Big lead at half, then pretty much quit. 38-10 OU

Sept. 9 WASHINGTON (2-9)
We beat Willingham's boys like a drum. 63-3 OU

They treat it like USC last year, get up on us 14-0, then we wear them out a la San Diego and win 28-17.

Complete and utter dismantling. 73-17 OU

Sept. 30 Open

Oct. 7 Saxet at Dallas
Gerald McCoy overwhelms Colt McCoy constantly. OU 31-9

Oct. 14 IOWA STATE (7-5)
Saxet hangover. 24-10 OU

Oct. 21 COLORADO (7-6)
CU makes a game of it after halftime, getting within 3, but OU pulls away, winning 37-20

Pinkel farewell tour...41-21 OU

Fran farewell tour...49-14 OU

Nov. 11 TEXAS TECH (9-3)
Payback from the hosejob in Lubbock... 45-7 OU

Nov. 18 at Baylor (5-6)
We kind of play half speed, win 30-7.

Deja vu for Gumby...42-14 OU

CincySooner
2/9/2006, 03:26 PM

I'd be surprised if anyone will be able to run effectively on us.

stoopified
2/9/2006, 05:10 PM
Game Notes: - OU opens season with a hard fought battle from upstart AB then scores 24 in the fourth quarter - Final OU 34 - AB 7

Sept. 9 WASHINGTON (2-9)
Game Notes:- Washington plays above their heads for one half leading 14 to 7before OU opens up passing attack in 2nd half - Final OU 38 - Washington 14

Game Notes:- AD runs 25 Yards for a TD and then runs 3 yards for a 2 point conversion in the last 5 seconds OU pulls out Victory in Eugene 22 to 21

Game Notes: - OU back to Form - AD runs wild 303 yards - OU 55 - MTS 3

Sept. 30 Open

Oct. 7 Those who shall not be named on Tuesdays(13-0) at Dallas
Game Notes: - 2nd Overtime Victory in Oklahoma History comes at the right time - OU 34 TWSNBNOT 28 ----- :)

Oct. 14 IOWA STATE (7-5)
Game Notes: - Hangover from Dallas - Sooners win in a close one - OU 24 Iowa State 19.

Oct. 21 COLORADO (7-6)
Game Notes: - OU breaks NCAA Passing Record - OU 69 - Colorado 19....:eek:

Game Notes: - AD makes run for Heisman 298 yards - OU 44 -Mizzo 3

Game Notes: - The Promise of the Big Battle is a fluke - OU 48 Texas A&M 6 - AD Close's in on The Trophy...!!!

Nov. 11 TEXAS TECH (9-3)
Game Notes: - Sooners call time out on 1 inch Line with 2 seconds to go - then score's on a trick half back pass - Final OU 66 Tech 11 ---- :D

Nov. 18 at Baylor (5-6)
Game Notes: - No Overtime this Year - Sooners Move to #1 in polls - OU 54 Baylor 0

Game Notes: - Sooners rest first string in 2nd half - Final OU 46 - osu 6

Dec. 2 Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship (Kansas City, Mo.)
Sooners vs - Iowa State
No Contest This Time around - OU 44 - Iowa State 7

Oklahoma Vs Norte Dame in "THE BIG ONE"
and The Score is ------- To be con't ------- ;)

O'Well I had Fun.......:)

Well it's long time to Late March - How did I do....:D

Still R'Not to quibble but it would be our third OT win in history UT in '96,BU in '05,UT in '06.
Otherwise I likee but reserve the right to change my opinion.After all it is a long time till Football season.