PDA

View Full Version : Hey, 85!

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 12:48 PM
The other TV thread got me thinkin'.
I bought a 65" Mitsubishi about 3 1/2 years ago (don't have the model # handy). When the source is cable or a video game, the picture is pretty dark. I can adjust the brightness some, but it starts to wash out the picture. DVD and OTA high-def programming have a nice, bright picture. I thought some of the problem might be the cable signal (I don't recall the same problem at my last house, 9 months ago), but that wouldn't explain the darker PS2 picture. What would you recommend starting with to try to fix/find the problem? (BTW, Cox says the signal is fine.)

Mjcpr
2/7/2006, 12:49 PM
Can we get an 85 Folder?

1stTimeCaller
2/7/2006, 12:50 PM
We have a Dungeons and Dragons forum he can use.

crawfish
2/7/2006, 12:52 PM
Can we get a 69 Folder?

:eek: :eek:

85Sooner
2/7/2006, 12:53 PM
Is it possible that the HD box and DVD are hooked up to the Componant inputs(thus by-passiong the TV internal processing?

That would mean that The cable and video game would be in composite or S video inputs and would be using the TV's internal video processing. That would ,mean that the internal video processing of the tv may have a problem.

If this seems to be the case. go rent the AVIA disc or digital video essentials disc and try the self calibration tool. Hope this helps. If it doesn't give me more info.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks! You might be on to something there! I'll give it a try.