PDA

View Full Version : Math Wizards

85Sooner
2/7/2006, 11:21 AM
My calculator might be wrong but with a budget of
$2,770,000,000,000

and Approximately 270 million population

would that be that our governement spends 10,259.00 on every man woman and child?

Ridiculous! and thats not counting, local, state, excise, property,school taxes.

Skysooner
2/7/2006, 11:23 AM
That would be correct.

Widescreen
2/7/2006, 11:24 AM
I'll take my family's $41036 directly and handle my own security and homeland defense. I wonder if they do direct deposit.

85Sooner
2/7/2006, 12:06 PM
I wonder how much that really is when divided by the actual number of people on the government dole.

soonerscuba
2/7/2006, 12:28 PM
Meh, you have to remember that the government employs people in the private sector as well. There are plenty of entities that exist at the whim of the government (i.e. Boeing, Northrop, etc.). Plus, the thing people forget is that entitlements aren't burned in a trashcan, they are pumped back into the private economy. In actuality the number probably isn't as high as you think. If you think government is bad now, underfund it and demand the same services.

85Sooner
2/7/2006, 01:02 PM
Meh, you have to remember that the government employs people in the private sector as well. There are plenty of entities that exist at the whim of the government (i.e. Boeing, Northrop, etc.). Plus, the thing people forget is that entitlements aren't burned in a trashcan, they are pumped back into the private economy. In actuality the number probably isn't as high as you think. If you think government is bad now, underfund it and demand the same services.

I'm willing to let go welfare, workfare, medicare,medicaid, scool lunches subsidized housing, food stamps, Programs studying the flow of ketchup or why dogs bark, government grants, student loans, just as a start.

We can keep national defense and the building of national infrastructure.

soonerscuba
2/7/2006, 01:11 PM
I'm willing to let go welfare, workfare, medicare,medicaid, scool lunches subsidized housing, food stamps, Programs studying the flow of ketchup or why dogs bark, government grants, student loans, just as a start.

We can keep national defense and the building of national infrastructure.

I would love to hear about the evils of school lunches and interest generating student loans so the poor and middle class can better themselves. I imagine it is a hoot.

85Sooner
2/7/2006, 01:20 PM
I would love to hear about the evils of school lunches and interest generating student loans so the poor and middle class can better themselves. I imagine it is a hoot.

No, actually not funny at all. i worked 2 full time jobs through college in order to pay my way. By Myself.

as far as school lunches, breakfasts and bilingual ed programs. the schools want as many of these as possible because they generate more income this way. I want to see education funding totally stripped down and rebuilt because it is out of hand. Now our school district (who's super mmakes 245k per year) is flying experts in order to explain the benefits of bi-linguakl education programs while at the same time hireing illegal immigrants to teach the classes at substitute pay levels. Then they get caught and they start over acting as if they knew nothing about it. Lets just start over.