PDA

View Full Version : Hey USMC...get a load of this

Sooner in Tampa
2/7/2006, 11:18 AM
Bars that are off-limits to Marines...nothing like making a rule for one set of people just because of a couple of knuckleheads.:rolleyes:

WILMINGTON -- An upset woman came to NewsChannel 3. Her boyfriend is a marine and was told he could not go to a local bar because of it.
In downtown Wilmington there's more than one bar that doesn't allow marines or other members of the military in.
Ashley Kidd says her military boyfriend was denied bar access. "They are being denied access to even enter a bar. It's just not right. It's discrimination. It's wrong," Kidd said.
Ashley Kidd's boyfriend is a marine at Camp Lejeune. She says he recently tried to get in a popular Wilmington bar and a bouncer told him "no marines allowed."
One of the managers at Rum Runners says they aren't the only bar that has strict rules about entry when dealing with the military. He says they were actually one of the last to allow them in until things started getting out of hand.

critical_phil
2/7/2006, 11:23 AM
this isn't really news.

while i don't think i was ever denied entrance to a bar or restaurant, sporting a high n tight was a sure ticket to being ignored by bartenders and waitstaff at plenty of places in SoCal (and that was 15 years ago).

Sooner in Tampa
2/7/2006, 11:26 AM
while i don't think i was ever denied entrance to a bar or restaurant, sporting a high n tight was a sure ticket to being ignored by bartenders and waitstaff at plenty of places in SoCal (and that was 15 years ago).Enough said