PDA

View Full Version : Gresham

BigCrimson32
2/7/2006, 03:03 AM
I went to Ardmore with jermaine's brother's, josh and jimmy, i talked to jimmy at the store before signing day and he said usc, they sounded like they hated OU.. well what matters is OU sells it's self to players because of it's tradition so jermaine's mind will be seeing the sooner truth soon.. from what i saw of jermaine this year, which i've seen alot for the past two years, he's got basketball type athletic ability which is the best kinda coordination there is.. he's got great hands and good footwork.. he's a big tall target of course and he's a big build so he'll get swoll up if he just does what coach stoops and the strength and conditioning coaches tell him.. HOWEVER.. i've seen him take ONE BIG HIT in his high school career, and he went down and was never the same.. this was the game ardmore was knocked out of state.. so he's gonna have to get tough ....

i was friends with ataleo ford and he told me the first pass he caught over the middle he got laid out by a Mr. Roy Williams, ataleo said ever since he just caught the ball and went down.... jermaine will have to take some hits if he wants to play at this level and i don't know if he can do it, but if he does, he may be one of the better recievers in OU history.. now i'm trying to picture jermaine block a big 12 lineman.. lol.. he could be great, but it'll be surprising to me if he can hold his ground with the big men..

IronHorseSooner
2/7/2006, 06:13 AM
Remember, we now have Patton as his Coach! If he acts shell shocked, he pull out his ivory handled revolvers and threaten to shoot him! Jermaine will come around!

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 10:08 AM
I thought Patton was just OL? Isn't Wilson in charge of TE/FB and Sumlin WRs? Maybe I'm just confused...

IronHorseSooner
2/7/2006, 10:41 AM
It's just a "Patton" joke.

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 10:59 AM
:mack:

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 11:40 AM
Okay now I'm really confused. When is D-Day again?

C&CDean
2/7/2006, 11:52 AM
So, Ardmore High doesn't have English classes in their curriculum? Who knew?

Beef
2/7/2006, 11:58 AM
English, mother****er! Do you speak it?

Taxman71
2/7/2006, 01:36 PM
HOWEVER.. i've seen him take ONE BIG HIT in his high school career, and he went down and was never the same.. this was the game ardmore was knocked out of state.. so he's gonna have to get tough ..

So, he was never the same after his last game in high school?

Sooner47
2/7/2006, 01:56 PM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8369/patton9nl.jpg

New OL coach???

BigCrimson32
2/7/2006, 02:15 PM
jermaine took a hit against bixby and that might have been the acl tear, i'm not sure, but he was a non factor in the rest of that game..

usmc-sooner
2/7/2006, 02:17 PM
jermaine took a hit against bixby and that might have been the acl tear, i'm not sure, but he was a non factor in the rest of that game..

People tend to become non factors after they tear their acl, and break there legs

maybe it's just me.

BigCrimson32
2/7/2006, 02:23 PM
ok jackass my statement is i saw him take one big hit all year and it put him down.. so my ? is.. can he take a D1 hit?

C&CDean
2/7/2006, 03:57 PM
ok jackass my statement is i saw him take one big hit all year and it put him down.. so my ? is.. can he take a D1 hit?

And MY statement is to follow the board rules. And learn English. And then learn to type it.

mildpussy
2/7/2006, 04:08 PM

that one big hit was a chuck norris round house kick to the nuts - jg is lucky to be alive

Ardmore_Sooner
2/7/2006, 05:06 PM
So, Ardmore High doesn't have English classes in their curriculum? Who knew?

Actually I passed both my AP English Composition and English Literature Test thanks to Ardmore's English department!

C&CDean
2/7/2006, 05:21 PM
Actually I passed both my AP English Composition and English Literature Test thanks to Ardmore's English department!

Cool. So it's not Ardmore's fault some graduates didn't pay attention in class.

MiccoMacey
2/7/2006, 05:29 PM

What do you expect from a group of people who claim Ardmore is the best More? ;)

Bruiser53
2/7/2006, 06:26 PM
Last year in the playoffs we played Ardmore in the first round, and when our corner, who was about 6'2 or 6'3, got a little physical with him and challenged him for passes, he dropped almost every one. Also, he seemed like a guy who had no desire to block. I don't know how they think this guy will play tight end. He was just a super tall guy with good hands jumping over 5'9 corners all year.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/7/2006, 06:30 PM
Last year in the playoffs we played Ardmore in the first round, and when our corner, who was about 6'2 or 6'3, got a little physical with him and challenged him for passes, he dropped almost every one. Also, he seemed like a guy who had no desire to block. I don't know how they think this guy will play tight end. He was just a super tall guy with good hands jumping over 5'9 corners all year.

You mean Carl Albert or Bishop McGuiness?

SeattleOUstudent
2/7/2006, 06:57 PM

Exactly.
I graduated Ardmore High AND OU....and I still suck at spelling.

SeattleOUstudent
2/7/2006, 07:03 PM
What do you expect from a group of people who claim Ardmore is the best More? ;)

Oh Micco, I knew you would throw that back at me. You see, the thread title "Ardmore Is The Best More" was actually correct. Its Ardmore, not Ardmoore.:)

picasso
2/8/2006, 01:53 AM
why would you type such a brilliant question? doesn't the kid go about 240?

rainiersooner
2/8/2006, 02:45 AM

There our coaches go again...thinking they know more than someone who played back-up on his high school team: can you please come recruit for us swami?

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 10:27 AM
There our coaches go again...thinking they know more than someone who played back-up on his high school team: can you please come recruit for us swami?

The kid's said himself he doesn't really like to block and he wants to play WR. I have NO clue why the coaches wanted him so bad. They seem to want to move back to the spread, with the TE just being a big WR out there.

MiccoMacey
2/8/2006, 10:33 AM
Oh Micco, I knew you would throw that back at me. You see, the thread title "Ardmore Is The Best More" was actually correct. Its Ardmore, not Ardmoore.:)

Just a little good natured ribbing. Heck, I believe Shawnee is the best "Nee".
:)

Jason White's Third Knee
2/8/2006, 10:41 AM
Just a little good natured ribbing. Heck, I believe Shawnee is the best "Nee".
:)

What about me? Ya bastards.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/8/2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone outside of ABC's regional coverage is dead to me and can't possibly be the best "Nee"

picasso
2/8/2006, 10:52 AM
The kid's said himself he doesn't really like to block and he wants to play WR. I have NO clue why the coaches wanted him so bad. They seem to want to move back to the spread, with the TE just being a big WR out there.
yes, the coaches have been quoted as saying he'll be a large WR but has the frame to eventually play at 260ish.
I think perhaps he'll learn to block or shant play a down. you know things change in college, Antwone Savage played QB in high school.

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 11:37 AM
yes, the coaches have been quoted as saying he'll be a large WR but has the frame to eventually play at 260ish.
I think perhaps he'll learn to block or shant play a down. you know things change in college, Antwone Savage played QB in high school.

I agree. I was just defending another's opinion about the fact that this recruit is puzzling, considering how badly the coaches seemed to want him. FWIW, unless this kid is a hard worker, I don't think he sees a down of meaningful playing time.

Taxman71
2/8/2006, 11:43 AM
I think what is being said about Gresham applies to every recruit at OU...work hard, stay out of trouble and you will play and reach your potential. Fail any of the above, you shant play a down. No reason to focus this rule solely of Gresham. Besides, if going down after a knee injury makes one soft, what would Jason White be considered?

bspoke1
2/8/2006, 11:55 AM
Twice as Soft:D

sooneron
2/8/2006, 12:42 PM
Why don't we wait and see what pans out for the kid once he's on campus. Kids these days always have their eyes on the next level (seems to me, at least), maybe he was tanking b/c he didn't want to hurt his D1 chances. Not exactly a great representation of character, but we shall see.

picasso
2/8/2006, 12:54 PM
Twice as Soft:D
troll alert.

I'm guessing you have his picture on the wall and stare at it before bedtime.

shavedmarmoset
2/8/2006, 12:57 PM
Okay now I'm really confused. When is D-Day again?

October 7, 2006

Taxman71
2/8/2006, 02:20 PM
troll alert.

I'm guessing you have his picture on the wall and stare at it before bedtime.

Let's hope staring is as far as it goes.

Sooner04
2/8/2006, 03:01 PM
Gresham tore his ACL against Coweta in the quarterfinals after one of the most dominating halves I've ever seen from a wideout.

Unfortunately, we want him at tight end.

MiccoMacey
2/8/2006, 04:18 PM
Gresham tore his ACL against Coweta in the quarterfinals after one of the most dominating halves I've ever seen from a wideout.

Homer. ;)

Bruiser53
2/8/2006, 05:29 PM
You mean Carl Albert or Bishop McGuiness?
I was talking about McGuinness. Look, I'm not saying OU shouldn't try to recruit him because he has loads of potential. I'm just letting you guys know what I observed. I think if the OU coaches toughen him up a little bit, he could be a great weapon. I think he might be a prospect that gets redshirted or takes a few years to adjust to the next level.

P.S.- I wan't a high school backup, I was a two year starter. Just clearing that up. I'm no football guru but I like to think I know a thing or two about football.

Sooner04
2/8/2006, 05:51 PM
Homer. ;)
Seven catches for 150 yards and three touchdowns in one half is pretty stout.

MiccoMacey
2/8/2006, 05:57 PM
Uncle Rio threw AND caught more touchdowns than that in a single quarter. ;)

WisconsinSooner
2/8/2006, 06:18 PM
English, mother****er! Do you speak it?

"what"

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/8/2006, 06:21 PM
Here is a picture of Gresham against Carl Albert....

http://www.nflyouthfootball.com/exec/nfl_flag/galleryimages/flg_girlQB.gif

GDC
2/8/2006, 10:15 PM
Tahlequah is the best Quah.

Gandalf_The_Grey
2/8/2006, 10:21 PM
http://www.speakers.co.uk/Retro/Media/Images/Speakers/5180.jpg

I think Danny Quah would beg to disagree...in your face Tahlequah!

shavedmarmoset
2/9/2006, 12:25 AM
"what"

say what one more muthaf***in time! I dare ya, I double dare ya, motherf***ah!!

Sooner04
2/9/2006, 11:12 AM
what?

CANE
2/9/2006, 01:53 PM
This year wasn't the 1st time someone got physical with Jermaine and hes backed down.

Sorry Sooner faithfull but don't expect much from this kid. First time he catches a ball in the flats and gets layed out it's over. However you did pick up some good recruits but this one I do not believe is one of them.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/9/2006, 01:54 PM
What games did you see him play, because I played with him through high school, and I'm sure anything you have to say can be validated.

CANE
2/9/2006, 02:09 PM
What games did you see him play,

All his big games. His JR year he did nothing. His Sophomore year he didn't play a whole lot but that is the year he made himself known on only about 3 or 4 catches.

He got Ardmore back in the Shawnee game in the playoffs his Sophomore year when some small white boy was matched up with a 6'7 guy. He caught a couple of 10 - 15 yard jump balls and that wa it.

Also Lawton Mac that year he did the same thing.

Never once in his highschool days did he show he could play Tight End or do good against a physical Corner.

The person who posted this message seems to know what they are talking about. He doesn't like to get physical.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/9/2006, 02:12 PM
And that's why they really didn't recruit him as a tight end. I guess you didn't read much into it though before you came over here, did you troll?

The Consumate Showman
2/9/2006, 02:19 PM
This year wasn't the 1st time someone got physical with Jermaine and hes backed down.

Sorry Sooner faithfull but don't expect much from this kid. First time he catches a ball in the flats and gets layed out it's over. However you did pick up some good recruits but this one I do not believe is one of them.

Hey jackass cane fan.......are you maybe just a little upset about the fact that your beloved Cocker U didn't get the number 1 TE in the country? If I remember correctly, Jeremy Shockey couldn't have blocked my grandmother coming out of Ada, but he worked hard, put on the weight needed and became a great TE. Do you not think that Gresham can't do the same? Also, if you read anyhting about this kid's recruitment at OU, we are looking at him being a more Trent Smith kind of TE, not so much blocking, but making BIG-TIME catches, which is what this kid is special at.

Just because your beloved canes can't hire a good coach to save their lives doesn't give you the right to vent about him not being able to land a kid close to his very own hometown in Oklahoma.

And just to head you off at the pass, Cocker is a reciepient of Butch Davis's recruiting, not his own. Cocker=Schmellyburger....live with that.....;)

MojoRisen
2/9/2006, 02:20 PM
We will see- the guy is a super freak of Nature... F Miami for talking crap after they recruited him so hard..

What ever....

The Consumate Showman
2/9/2006, 02:21 PM
We will see- the guy is a super freak of Nature... F Miami for talking crap after they recruited him so hard..

What ever....

AMEN.....

Seamus
2/9/2006, 08:26 PM
what?

Mind if I have some of that delicious beverage to wash it down?

sooneron
2/9/2006, 09:50 PM
Hey jackass cane fan.......are you maybe just a little upset about the fact that your beloved Cocker U didn't get the number 1 TE in the country? If I remember correctly, Jeremy Shockey couldn't have blocked my grandmother coming out of Ada, but he worked hard, put on the weight needed and became a great TE. Do you not think that Gresham can't do the same? Also, if you read anyhting about this kid's recruitment at OU, we are looking at him being a more Trent Smith kind of TE, not so much blocking, but making BIG-TIME catches, which is what this kid is special at.

Just because your beloved canes can't hire a good coach to save their lives doesn't give you the right to vent about him not being able to land a kid close to his very own hometown in Oklahoma.

And just to head you off at the pass, Cocker is a reciepient of Butch Davis's recruiting, not his own. Cocker=Schmellyburger....live with that.....;)
Hey, this hurricocaine would be all on Gresham's jock had they landed him. We know that.

Please don't bag on Larry. He is an okie and I'm sure that many here think it's not too cool. Even if he did blow it in the 90 texas game.

GDC
2/9/2006, 09:54 PM
Coker is a very nice guy. He went to NSU and his wife is from Tahlequah. I still hate Miami, though.

bspoke1
2/9/2006, 11:52 PM
Point well taken.

william_brasky
2/10/2006, 12:08 AM
Belushi imitating Cocker

http://www.bbring.com/cocker1.jpg

WisconsinSooner
2/10/2006, 01:31 PM
Mind if I have some of that delicious beverage to wash it down?

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort!"

The Consumate Showman
2/10/2006, 02:14 PM
Coker is a very nice guy. He went to NSU and his wife is from Tahlequah. I still hate Miami, though.

Oh, I think Coker is a real nice guy and that in case is his BIGGEST problem, he is prehaps too nice and that my friends is going to get him fired at Miami. What I don't like about Coker is his management skills. He lets his thugs run all over the field doing whatever they want, i.e. Kelln Winslow, Jr., and does nothing about it. Kellen gets in the locker room and goes all postal after they got beat and what happens......nothing!

I like Larry and have a lot of respect for him. He is one of my father's old friends from this area of Oklahoma, but the guy is more like Schmellyburger every year. This year should be the telling year for Larry. He has had a couple years recruiting on his own and Butch Davis's guys are all gone or locked up, so we'll see just how well Larry is doing in the competitive environment known as Florida. Frankly, I think Urban will probably get the better of Miami this year, as will FSU.

BigCrimson32
2/10/2006, 06:20 PM
whoe whoe.. coker is nothing like shnellaturd... coker's a friendly little puppet

shmell is an old stubborn ego maniac that can't stay off the warm whiskey river and loves to run his players dry.. what an old sorry sack of nothing

william_brasky
2/10/2006, 06:41 PM
hey, there ain't nothin' wrong with the warm whiskey river. :les:

soonerdave79
2/10/2006, 06:47 PM
You can't be "too nice" and be "like ***************" too. That guy was a jack-arse.

BigCrimson32
2/11/2006, 02:41 AM
i wish this bottle of warm whiskey i'm drinking would end

BOOMER

The Consumate Showman
2/14/2006, 01:29 PM
whoe whoe.. coker is nothing like shnellaturd... coker's a friendly little puppet

shmell is an old stubborn ego maniac that can't stay off the warm whiskey river and loves to run his players dry.. what an old sorry sack of nothing

True dat.....

Scmelly is just a little too far out there.....he did give some great (laughable) quotes when he was here though......:eek: