PDA

View Full Version : Gillette Fusion

Jimminy Crimson
2/7/2006, 01:13 AM
...anyone else buy one yet?

I needed some new MachIII cartridges anyways, so I decided to try out the new one.

Film at 11.

AM.

:cool:

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2006, 01:18 AM

I needed some new MachIII cartridges anyways, so I decided to try out the new one.

Film at 11.

AM.

:D

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

picasso
2/7/2006, 01:32 AM
how many frickin blades do you need? unless you're hairy like Robin Williams.

pb4ou
2/7/2006, 01:34 AM
the razor competition will eventually get to the point to when there are going to be so many blades on one razor someone will shave the side of their face right off.

White House Boy
2/7/2006, 01:40 AM
how many frickin blades do you need? unless you're hairy like Robin Williams.

Mine goes to eleven.

yermom
2/7/2006, 02:03 AM
i'm waiting for 17

chriscappel
2/7/2006, 02:15 AM
there was once a Mad TV skit about an 18 blader....it pelled off about 3 layers of skin along with the hair...

yermom
2/7/2006, 02:21 AM
yeah, 18 would be too much

chriscappel
2/7/2006, 02:27 AM

I just got the 4 blade about a month ago!!

Ike
2/7/2006, 02:52 AM
and now I'd like to introduce our revolutionary new 5 blade shaving system.

the first blade distracts the hair
the second blade puts it in a choke hold
the third punches it in the stomach
the fourth blade kicks it in the jimmy
and the fifth blade sneaks up and cuts the sucker right off.

King Crimson
2/7/2006, 03:09 AM
still using the same Atra from 9th grade.

chriscappel
2/7/2006, 03:20 AM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

OU4LIFE
2/7/2006, 08:20 AM

Film at 11.

AM.

I had this same dilema at our last shopping excusion. It went something like this:

I need some razor blades for my machIII, hmmmmm, they are 8.67 for 4 of them, damn that's rediculous. Hey, that new fusion is only 9.00 bucks for the whole razor....*outloud* Look honey, that new razor is only 9 bucks for the whole thing, and the refills for my old one are almost as much" Her: "ummm, the refills for the new one are 12.47, moran". Me: oh...ok *grabs the mach III refills*

White House Boy
2/7/2006, 08:29 AM

Dang, dude. That blade's gotta be pretty dull by now.

Sooner in Tampa
2/7/2006, 09:05 AM
The whole "razor war" is out of control...they have a damn razor that vibrates :mad: ggggaaahhhhhh...now 5 blades...no thanks.

Harry Beanbag
2/7/2006, 09:12 AM
I just use the two blade disposables. They last just as long as the new crap, and I don't have to take out a home equity loan to buy more.

Okla-homey
2/7/2006, 09:17 AM
Everyday, I use a straight razor I bought 8 years ago for fifty bucks.

just saying.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 09:20 AM

just saying.
ONE blade? What a woman.

;)

GottaHavePride
2/7/2006, 09:20 AM

just saying.
I'm using an old-school safety razor (uses double-edged razor blades). The blades cost 50 cents each and last a week. My question is this: how are you going to get a closer shave (with the Fusion) when there's still plastic bits holding the blades away from your face?

IB4OU2
2/7/2006, 09:27 AM
I find with the multi blades razors I have less nicks and cuts as compared to the old safety razors.

Mjcpr
2/7/2006, 09:39 AM
Sometimes they have store brand cartridge refills.

Beef
2/7/2006, 09:40 AM
I only have to shave twice a week, so 3 Mach 3 blades last about a year.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 09:43 AM
I tried the 3 blade once. I got a lot more ingrown hairs on my neck. I think there's such a thing as too close of a shave.

White House Boy
2/7/2006, 09:44 AM

In what Tanner stage are you?

OU4LIFE
2/7/2006, 09:50 AM

I shave 3 times a day.

heh.

I never knew beef was a chick.....wierd.

Beef
2/7/2006, 09:58 AM
I shave 3 times a day.

heh.

I never knew beef was a chick.....wierd.
A really friggin ugly chick.

John Kochtoston
2/7/2006, 09:00 PM
FWIW, I got a Fusion in the mail today as a free sample from Gillette. Will try it out tomorrow and report.

GottaHavePride
2/7/2006, 11:05 PM
I find with the multi blades razors I have less nicks and cuts as compared to the old safety razors.

Well, yeah. The cartridge holds the blades slightly away from your face. I only shifted over to the safety razor because my Braun electric razor's screen broke, I was too lazy to go get a new one, and the price of Mach 3 blades offended me.

After I shifted, though, I realized "Hey, this is a better shave!" And as a brass player, that's a really noticeable difference. ;)

King Crimson
2/7/2006, 11:32 PM
Dang, dude. That blade's gotta be pretty dull by now.

Gilette kind of screwed up and made it out of metal instead of plastic.....thing will last forever. generic brand cartridge blades are about 7 bucks for 10.

Jimminy Crimson
2/8/2006, 12:24 AM
I used it this morning and didn't see any big difference from the Mach3 Turbo. I do like the blade on the back, for touching up sideburns and whatnot.

As of right now, I'll probably go back to the Mach3 Turbo, but I'll let my face get used to the new one and see if it grows on me.

OU-HSV
2/8/2006, 12:28 AM
I got one of the Fusions in the mail last week..haven't used it yet. I have been using the Mach 3 blades which do well.

chriscappel
2/8/2006, 12:49 AM
Well, yeah. The cartridge holds the blades slightly away from your face. I only shifted over to the safety razor because my Braun electric razor's screen broke, I was too lazy to go get a new one, and the price of Mach 3 blades offended me.

After I shifted, though, I realized "Hey, this is a better shave!" And as a brass player, that's a really noticeable difference. ;)

I know huh? I went to the store to get refills and the damn new Shick Quatrro POWER with the razor AND 5 cartridges was like 2 bucks less than just 3 Mach 3 blades....Insanity....so i went with the Quattro....not bad i might add...leaves my face smooth as eggs!

chriscappel
2/8/2006, 12:51 AM
I got one of the Fusions in the mail last week..haven't used it yet. I have been using the Mach 3 blades which do well.

How do you aquire such goods??

OU-HSV
2/8/2006, 12:53 AM
How do you aquire such goods??
I have no clue..it just showed up in my mail box addressed to me the other day. The only other time Gillette has sent me anything was on my 18th B-Day they sent me a razor as well. I'm about to turn 25 yrs. old, so maybe that's it? :confused:

chriscappel
2/8/2006, 12:55 AM
hmm...interesting....I didnt get anything at 18 :( iam sad now...hehe

pb4ou
2/8/2006, 12:55 AM
Maybe you have a secret admirer :eek:

mdklatt
2/8/2006, 01:01 AM
What the hell are the batteries and microchips(!) for on the newest razors?

OU-HSV
2/8/2006, 01:03 AM
hmm...interesting....I didnt get anything at 18 :( iam sad now...hehe
Yeah it was wierd to get..but I used it instead of the cheapo razors and I've been a Gillette man since..heh

OU-HSV
2/8/2006, 01:04 AM
Maybe you have a secret admirer :eek:
:eek:

bigdsooner
2/8/2006, 01:09 AM
bic disposable's. i ran out once and used one of my wifes, holy hell was that a bad move

chriscappel
2/8/2006, 01:10 AM
bic disposable's. i ran out once and used one of my wifes, holy hell was that a bad move

I can only imagine :eek:

John Kochtoston
2/8/2006, 06:33 PM
FWIW, I got a Fusion in the mail today as a free sample from Gillette. Will try it out tomorrow and report.

Color me unimpressed. It felt like it was pulling my skin off my skull. No cuts, somehow, but the Mach 3 is much better, IMHO.

NormanPride
2/8/2006, 06:52 PM
Pansy. Only the truly manly can handle a shave THAT SMOOTH.

GottaHavePride
2/8/2006, 07:19 PM
Heh. (http://www.classicshaving.com/articles/article/590351/5693.htm)

poon4heisman2006
2/8/2006, 10:17 PM
Until they make a razor that can handle the beard of Chuck Norris, I will remain unimpressed.

BigRedJed
2/8/2006, 11:46 PM
I've been using a Quattro for a few months, only because I was at the store and thought, "hmm, maybe I should check out one of these new razors and see if it's any better than the two-blade disposable I've been using for years." Well, I haven't really liked it.

So, I'm at the store on Superbowl Sunday (before I ever saw a Fusion commercial, for the record), saw a Fusion endcap and thought hmm, maybe I should check out one of these new razors and see if it's any better than the ****ty Quattro I've been using for months."

I bought it and have been using it for a few days now, and can say I definitely like it better than the Quattro. I'm not sure I'm getting a closer shave. Close enough, but not amazing. But I will say that the overall effect is much better. It seems to be more effortless. The vibrating effect seems to work much like an electric knife does, cutting through much easier. Plus, the thin single blade on the back is AWESOME for getting under my nose.

So, FWIW, I think it's a much more comfortable, easier shave than what I was using. Closer? I really can't tell.

John Kochtoston
2/9/2006, 05:40 PM
Pansy. Only the truly manly can handle a shave THAT SMOOTH.

Guilty as charged. I even use women's shave gel. Still, it felt worse than one of those $.25 jobbies found in the massive plastic bags in the discount bin.

GDC
2/9/2006, 09:35 PM
I cut off part of my lower lip this week.