2/6/2006, 11:14 PM
Do you answer it?

blah,blah,blah, I'm happily married got kids, blah blah blah

or is it just bad news?
Yes and remember to ask for pics !
ywia

usmc-sooner
2/6/2006, 11:16 PM
she used to be hawt but if she's emailing the ex 10yrs down the road, I'm wondering if the hawtness has been lost

OUinFLA
2/6/2006, 11:17 PM
how old is "old"?

usmc-sooner
2/6/2006, 11:21 PM
how old is "old"?

probably 12 years, she would be 33

BTW, I'd never cheat on my wife, so it isn't question of trying to "hook up" more like a question of should I answer or just delete.

OUinFLA
2/6/2006, 11:22 PM
answer it, you may want to "hook up" in the future.
:D

handcrafted
2/6/2006, 11:24 PM
"Delete and killfile" gets my vote.

Jimminy Crimson
2/6/2006, 11:46 PM
if you dont hate her, i see no reason why not to respond.

just another benefit of this here innerweb; getting to connect with people from yesteryear.

william_brasky
2/6/2006, 11:49 PM
if you do reply, do you tell the wife?

proud gonzo
2/6/2006, 11:51 PM
why do people make things so difficult? :confused:

usmc-sooner
2/6/2006, 11:55 PM
if you do reply, do you tell the wife?

yeah right, maybe between coughs

soonerbrat
2/7/2006, 12:00 AM
hmmmmmmmmm

i say no.

william_brasky
2/7/2006, 12:31 AM
yeah right, maybe between coughs

heh

then, I'd go with no reply to ex.

SoonerObsession
2/7/2006, 12:35 AM
I would reply, but I would make sure she knows just how happy you are with your marriage/life. I think meeting with her would be a bad idea though.

Ike
2/7/2006, 12:39 AM
if it were me, it'd go straight to the trash bin. of course, if it were me theres no way it could be good news. it'd be something like "hey, glad I could find you. by the way, you have a kid you never knew about, and I need some money."

proud gonzo
2/7/2006, 12:40 AM
a great deal of it depends on how the breakup went, what your relationship WAS like and what it has been like--and obviously I don't know any of that stuff.

I'd reply to the email and tell my significant other about it. doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Czar Soonerov
2/7/2006, 12:43 AM
What is going on around here???? :confused:

http://www.worralls.plus.com/pics/forums/hitit21.jpg

nmsoonergirl
2/7/2006, 12:44 AM
I think it'd be pretty cool to hear from some of my exes, so I'm not sure what the problem is either. BUT, if you aren't comfortable telling your wife about it, then you definitely should NOT answer.

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2006, 12:45 AM
a great deal of it depends on how the breakup went, what your relationship WAS like and what it has been like--and obviously I don't know any of that stuff.

I'd reply to the email and tell my significant other about it. doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

bingo.

william_brasky
2/7/2006, 12:59 AM
bingo.

http://bpkatey.250free.com/doberry/people/bingo_lady.gif

BoogercountySooner
2/7/2006, 04:55 AM
Let your wife answer it for you!:)

OUHOMER
2/7/2006, 07:02 AM
well, i think it depends on what was in her email. I mean if its just hey just wanted to say Hi.. no big deal.

TUSooner
2/7/2006, 07:12 AM
why do people make things so difficult? :confused:
This post is im-pecc-able!

soonerbrat
2/7/2006, 07:57 AM
well, i think it depends on what was in her email. I mean if its just hey just wanted to say Hi.. no big deal.

right. but if you can't tell the wife you're answering it, i think it's a bad idea

Skysooner
2/7/2006, 08:57 AM
If you can't tell your wife you are answering it, you have more problems than just answering an e-mail from an old gf.

OUDoc
2/7/2006, 09:02 AM
Yes and remember to ask for pics !
ywia
Correct!

White House Boy
2/7/2006, 09:12 AM
It's a slippery slope, man. Don't even come close to making an emotional investment into a relationship (platonic, or otherwise) that has been over for years and (since you are married) should remain over.

If you're not comfortable with talking to your wife about it, then don't answer it. If you are comfortable talking to your wife about it, and she doesn't want you to answer the email, don't. If you're comfortable with talking to your wife about it, and she has no problem with you answering it, then it's up to you as to whether you want to write her back. If you do choose to write her back, though, I think you might want to let your wife read what you will be sending the old gf.

Jelousy is a bitter pill, and you don't want to bring that into your marriage.

Pieces Hit
2/7/2006, 09:21 AM
THREESOME!

SoonerAtKU
2/7/2006, 09:28 AM
My wife just got an email from one of my ex girlfriends. This can't end well.

Skysooner
2/7/2006, 09:34 AM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/hsc2047l.jpg

Soonrboy
2/7/2006, 10:29 AM
I caught up with a couple of exes...just curious about where life had taken them. Told the wife though...after about 5 or 6 emails, they dropped off the face of the earth again.

oumartin
2/7/2006, 10:37 AM
Answer it!

Never know when it might come in handy.
after a little dry spell at home nothing will guarantee action like dropping an old GF's name!

TexasLidig8r
2/7/2006, 10:44 AM
Sometimes, the trees prevent you good people from seeing the forest. He is obviously asking for.. input of a more substantive nature.

Therefore.... what you need to do.. is copy and paste the text of the email on here.. and let the residents of this respected and esteemed web community, compose a group response. You take the best from all of the suggestions, and compose a response.

Comedy gold will follow.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/7/2006, 10:51 AM
she used to be hawt but if she's emailing the ex 10yrs down the road, I'm wondering if the hawtness has been lost

I'm guessing she has recently had a major life change and is seeking some form of normality...

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 11:32 AM
Sometimes, the trees prevent you good people from seeing the forest. He is obviously asking for.. input of a more substantive nature.

Therefore.... what you need to do.. is copy and paste the text of the email on here.. and let the residents of this respected and esteemed web community, compose a group response. You take the best from all of the suggestions, and compose a response.

Comedy gold will follow.

This is a man who knows how to humiliate people.

Cam
2/7/2006, 10:42 PM
I've gotten a few of those. Some I've answered, some I didn't. Told my wife about each one. No biggie.

The strangest one was one that wanted to name her first boy after me. Her husband asked her where the name came from. She told him, he hit the roof, named him David. I thought it was pretty funny.

OU-HSV
2/7/2006, 11:13 PM
IMHO I find it a little odd she's emailed you out of the blue like this after not talking/seeing eachother for so long..I would think she's obviously got some intentions of meeting up w/you or trying to hook back up w/you again. But I'm a little bias cause I've had an ex gf who pulled the "out of the blue, found out I'm with someone else jealousy stunt". I don't think much good can come from starting to visit w/this girl again..but again we're all outsiders so just go with your gut feeling man.

william_brasky
2/7/2006, 11:29 PM
Maybe it's the wife setting a trap.

OU-HSV
2/7/2006, 11:35 PM
Maybe it's the wife setting a trap.
:eek: good call!

usmc-sooner
2/7/2006, 11:38 PM
I just deleted it. Told my old lady. Everythings cool. I'm a chicken and a wuss. I prefer the boring life I've got now to what I had back then. Not that I feel bored I just prefer staying home and going out every now and then to what I did 10 years ago. I'm human every now and then I miss some of the wild days of my early 20's but not that much.

proud gonzo
2/7/2006, 11:42 PM
IMHO I find it a little odd she's emailed you out of the blue like this after not talking/seeing eachother for so long..I would think she's obviously got some intentions of meeting up w/you or trying to hook back up w/you again. But I'm a little bias cause I've had an ex gf who pulled the "out of the blue, found out I'm with someone else jealousy stunt". I don't think much good can come from starting to visit w/this girl again..but again we're all outsiders so just go with your gut feeling man.

who says there has to be an ulterior motive? sometimes i randomly think of someone i haven't talked to in years and dig up their email address. i'm not arguing about this particular situation, because i don't know anything about it. but just because somebody emails out of the blue doesn't mean there's something dishonest about it. Really, if you haven't been in touch for a while, "out of the blue" is the only way you CAN contact them.

OU-HSV
2/7/2006, 11:44 PM
I just deleted it. Told my old lady. Everythings cool. I'm a chicken and a wuss. I prefer the boring life I've got now to what I had back then. Not that I feel bored I just prefer staying home and going out every now and then to what I did 10 years ago. I'm human every now and then I miss some of the wild days of my early 20's but not that much.
:eek: Damn..I'm early 20's, (actually I'll officially be mid 20's real soon), but my days aren't even wild anymore with the married life and fatherhood,etc. I still like to go out every now and then as well, the only thing I'd change in my life right now is I'd love to have more $$ (but who wouldn't). Anyways, sounds like you did the right thing man.

OU-HSV
2/7/2006, 11:47 PM
who says there has to be an ulterior motive? sometimes i randomly think of someone i haven't talked to in years and dig up their email address. i'm not arguing about this particular situation, because i don't know anything about it. but just because somebody emails out of the blue doesn't mean there's something dishonest about it. Really, if you haven't been in touch for a while, "out of the blue" is the only way you CAN contact them.
I'm saying it..but it was just my thoughts on this subject. I understand what you're saying as well though about the only way you can contact someone in that situation is "out of the blue". Did you and usmc-sooner used to date by any chance? ;)

proud gonzo
2/7/2006, 11:50 PM
I'm saying it..but it was just my thoughts on this subject. I understand what you're saying as well though about the only way you can contact someone in that situation is "out of the blue". Did you and usmc-sooner used to date by any chance? ;)

unless he dated an EIGHT-YEAR-OLD, probably not. ;)

usmc-sooner
2/7/2006, 11:51 PM
:eek: Damn..I'm early 20's, (actually I'll officially be mid 20's real soon), but my days aren't even wild anymore with the married life and fatherhood,etc. I still like to go out every now and then as well, the only thing I'd change in my life right now is I'd love to have more $$ (but who wouldn't). Anyways, sounds like you did the right thing man.

It was one of those things where my wife doesn't like her, never has and there is no way I could casually shoot the sh*& without stirring something up.

I was also thinking it would probably tick me off if she informed me she was emailing some ex boyfriend. So I just left well enough alone.

OU-HSV
2/7/2006, 11:51 PM
Oh :D

usmc-sooner
2/7/2006, 11:52 PM

are you trying to make me feel old? :D

OU-HSV
2/7/2006, 11:54 PM
It was one of those things where my wife doesn't like her, never has and there is no way I could casually shoot the sh*& without stirring something up.
Man I know exactly what you mean here

I was also thinking it would probably tick me off if she informed me she was emailing some ex boyfriend. So I just left well enough alone.
Very true.

olevetonahill
2/8/2006, 01:39 AM
Thank God for unanswered Prayers .
3 yrs ago I got a pic of My 1st tru love . I was 18 an on my way to Nam:eek:
Man that broad is ugly AND fat :(