PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how Bob Stoops will feel......

Sooner24
2/6/2006, 09:49 PM
Beating both the Brown brothers this year. :D

shavedmarmoset
2/6/2006, 10:17 PM
pretty darn good is my guess. and now both will know what it feels like to lose to him too.

Texas Golfer
2/7/2006, 05:50 AM
Well, you know Watson will give Mack anything he needs by way of films and advice after we beat UAB.

oumartin
2/7/2006, 09:44 AM
well hopefullly we won't have to show the whole offense to beat UAB and run all our blitz packages

Bevo-Stevo
2/7/2006, 12:34 PM
It's a shame that we'll never know. Should be another classic though. Hook 'Em!!

FlatheadSooner
2/7/2006, 12:55 PM
It's a shame that we'll never know. Should be another classic though. Hook 'Em!!

5:2 odds says we will!!
:D
:mack:

ProdigyDub
2/7/2006, 02:24 PM
The funny thing is 35-40% of Sooners this past season were still predicting wins over Texas a week before the game, despite your 2 losses and your unfortunate near-miss with Tulsa.

Delusion runs rampant. Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Blues1
2/7/2006, 02:31 PM
And how many texas fans told us about your winning in the last 6 years....??? --- :D

Desert Sapper
2/7/2006, 03:00 PM

Hmmmm...for a second there I thought you were referring to the rampant UT 3-peat declarations. Oh, and your affinity for the nose candy is fairly obvious. You didn't need to mention it. Not to the non-whorn types, anyway. We know how you people live.:mack:

BASSooner
2/7/2006, 03:19 PM
The funny thing is 35-40% of Sooners this past season were still predicting wins over Texas a week before the game, despite your 2 losses and your unfortunate near-miss with Tulsa.

the cocaine just kicked in for you guys next year. Enjoy it:D

n8v_ndn
2/7/2006, 06:21 PM

Of course we were confident, considering the glass jaw psyche the Longhorns carried with them for so long.

How long did Mack and his program not live up to its potential anyway? Ya'll are *lucky* Gene Chizik arrived with enough balls for all the castrated steers on staff in Austin.

Tulsa went 9-4, and won their conference and bowl game versus a team that took USC to the wire...are you sure that's an accurate barometer?

Now that Coach Clap has learned the power of the Ipod and letting the boys dance pre-game...how will it translate to the next group?

I look forward to finding out in October...

1991SOONER
2/7/2006, 07:17 PM
Know why Oklahoma is so windy???

Because Kansas sucks and Texas blows:D

TJKDone
2/7/2006, 07:37 PM
The same way everyone who has an enchanted dream does when they wake up...like they wish they hadn't because they will never see it in reality.:D

Hook'em

1991SOONER
2/7/2006, 10:22 PM
The same way everyone who has an enchanted dream does when they wake up...like they wish they hadn't because they will never see it in reality.:D

Hook'em

For Longhorn fans, that enchanted dream is having more national titles than Oklahoma:eek:

We ALL know it ain't gonna happen in our lifetime:D

BASSooner
2/7/2006, 10:59 PM
For Longhorn fans, that enchanted dream is having more national titles than Oklahoma:eek:

We ALL know it ain't gonna happen in our lifetime:D
It will never happen as long as mankind still exsists.

suncoastsooner7
2/7/2006, 11:07 PM

I think you got that backwords.

1991SOONER
2/8/2006, 08:19 PM

How so? Even if Texas sucks and Kansas blows it will still be windy, right?

GottaHavePride
2/8/2006, 09:05 PM
How so? Even if Texas sucks and Kansas blows it will still be windy, right?

In that situation, I suggest that Kansas is not trying hard enough, because Texas is still here. ;)

goingoneight
2/8/2006, 10:47 PM
And how many texas fans told us about your winning in the last 6 years....??? --- :D

Evactly... 99.9% of all percentages and 4 out of 5 statistics are improvisational.

Who really knows what's gonna happen... I like OU's chances to whip up again when eyeing our offensive returns and recruits, but defensively I still believe our Sooners are just as bad as Kelvin Sampson's Sooners. Our D cannot fall asleep AT ALL this season like in 2005, it cost us the game against T Tech (in all reality, they should have never been on the goal line to begin with), and damn near cost us Baylor, A&M, and Nebraska, too.

People believe our D is fine, I know better. We tackled poorly, guarded the passing game poorly, and allowed for too many trick plays to be ran against us. If anything will cost us in 2006, it will be our D, unless BV can borrow some of Mike Stoops's secrets they utilized in 2000-2003. Does anyone else see this as a problem?

Oh, and for the record... I knew UT would take us extremely seriously in the 2005 RRS, and I expected a 70-something point-range victory over our struggling Sooners. The thing I realize, is OU this season, was no where near the challenge UT was in previous years in the RRS. And we had greater range victories while pulling our starters late in the game... Do I think someone is going down-down this year in the RRS? No. I would like to see Bob get his 33 points' scoreboard back on them, but I fully expect this year's RRS to be a 4-quarter battle, and the loudest the Cotton Bowl has heard probably ever. I'm really excited, and I truly believe the city of Dallas will kick themselves for even thinking of getting rid of this game after Oct 7, 2006.

My prediction, governed by returning Sooners and leaving whorns, OU by 7 or 14. If this game went into overtime, no surprises here. It would be nice for them to knock off tOSU and enter undefeated, as well as us with Oregon... to see who really is the best.

Mark my words and feel free to make fun if OU loses again, I just don't see it happeneing this year. But you know I'll be there to give them hell on Friday night in the west end. :)

OUTromBoNado
2/9/2006, 06:24 PM

Well, you know...south wind and all...

SoonerShark
2/9/2006, 06:40 PM

Actually, Tulsa turned out to be pretty good this past season. OU had an unsettled QB in early 2005 and AP was injured.

Of course, the way UT played against A&M, if OU and UT would have played again on Thanksgiving weekend, I would have correctly predicted a Sooner win on a neutral field with neutral referees on November 25, 2005.

Soonerman08
2/9/2006, 06:40 PM
Evactly... 99.9% of all percentages and 4 out of 5 statistics are improvisational.

Who really knows what's gonna happen... I like OU's chances to whip up again when eyeing our offensive returns and recruits, but defensively I still believe our Sooners are just as bad as Kelvin Sampson's Sooners. Our D cannot fall asleep AT ALL this season like in 2005, it cost us the game against T Tech (in all reality, they should have never been on the goal line to begin with), and damn near cost us Baylor, A&M, and Nebraska, too.

People believe our D is fine, I know better. We tackled poorly, guarded the passing game poorly, and allowed for too many trick plays to be ran against us. If anything will cost us in 2006, it will be our D, unless BV can borrow some of Mike Stoops's secrets they utilized in 2000-2003. Does anyone else see this as a problem?

Oh, and for the record... I knew UT would take us extremely seriously in the 2005 RRS, and I expected a 70-something point-range victory over our struggling Sooners. The thing I realize, is OU this season, was no where near the challenge UT was in previous years in the RRS. And we had greater range victories while pulling our starters late in the game... Do I think someone is going down-down this year in the RRS? No. I would like to see Bob get his 33 points' scoreboard back on them, but I fully expect this year's RRS to be a 4-quarter battle, and the loudest the Cotton Bowl has heard probably ever. I'm really excited, and I truly believe the city of Dallas will kick themselves for even thinking of getting rid of this game after Oct 7, 2006.

My prediction, governed by returning Sooners and leaving whorns, OU by 7 or 14. If this game went into overtime, no surprises here. It would be nice for them to knock off tOSU and enter undefeated, as well as us with Oregon... to see who really is the best.

Mark my words and feel free to make fun if OU loses again, I just don't see it happeneing this year. But you know I'll be there to give them hell on Friday night in the west end. :)

Well considering our entire defensive backfield were freshman minus Bassey, and Onyenegecha. (Need I say more????)

Your logic doesn't really hold too well, because our defense did a great job shutting down Oregon's Pass Happy Offense, and they should have never scored that second Touchdown. (That pass interference call was bogus and they should have only gotten a field goal out of it). The Defense saved the day vs. Oregon. We'll be just fine Defensively.

SoonerShark
2/9/2006, 06:43 PM
Tulsa won its conference on a hostile field 1,000 miles from home. Fresno State, which dominated USC in a game akin to the Rose Bowl's level of scoring, was clubbed by Tulsa in Memphis in December.

SoonerShark
2/9/2006, 06:44 PM
Will Texas be wearing its "One In A Row" t-shirts to the OU game this fall? Book 'em.

goingoneight
2/9/2006, 11:21 PM
Well considering our entire defensive backfield were freshman minus Bassey, and Onyenegecha. (Need I say more????)

Your logic doesn't really hold too well, because our defense did a great job shutting down Oregon's Pass Happy Offense, and they should have never scored that second Touchdown. (That pass interference call was bogus and they should have only gotten a field goal out of it). The Defense saved the day vs. Oregon. We'll be just fine Defensively.

My "theory" is just as you and I will both state... and opinionated "theory."
Look at our games since Mike Stoops left, we have let several opponents back into games they should have been finished in... that's not the offense's fault! Our tackling has been poor, very poor. It allowed A&M back in the game in 2004 and in 2005 (IN NORMAN), it allowed several opponents in 2005 back into games... the list goes on.

People are ignoring the fact that our defense lacks the fire it used to have, only beacuse of the W/L ratios. I'm stating the facts, BV puts together a good rush D, but his passing D and tackling techniques (the most SIMPLE STUFF), have been lackluster since Mike Stoops left.
Saved the day vs Oregon??? Last I recall, Ingram missed the call for a blitz... Get that? missed a call for a blitz! That's pure dumb luck, more than it is good defense. Great interception, eternally grateful for it... But review YOUR logic a little more before tearing down mine...
This is sickening to compare the two, but I'll go ahead and say it. Texas had a defense that I'll say wasn't as good this season as our 2000 D was, but arguably comparable... They hit hard, actually brought opponents down, and every oppurtunity for an interception was taken advantage of. When our 2004 and 2005 D was letting passes hit them in the back of the helmet, trying to tackle with their shoulders, and blitzing at the flip of a coin, that tells me and anyone else who knows the basics, we're not so hot. You may chalk that up to youth and inexperience all you want to, but Bomar made better progress on his stupid mistakes than our D did.

All I'm saying is, this should be considered. Defense rules big games...

OU/FSU 2000
OU/TX 2001
USC/ND 2005
USC/TX 2005/6............just to name a few off the top of my head worth remembering.

bspoke1
2/10/2006, 02:13 AM
Defense wins NC. Ask free shoes u?;)

goingoneight
2/11/2006, 05:25 PM
Defense wins NC. Ask free shoes u?;)

Brain fart... Please explain this one for me...

Soonerman08
2/11/2006, 05:36 PM
My "theory" is just as you and I will both state... and opinionated "theory."
Look at our games since Mike Stoops left, we have let several opponents back into games they should have been finished in... that's not the offense's fault! Our tackling has been poor, very poor. It allowed A&M back in the game in 2004 and in 2005 (IN NORMAN), it allowed several opponents in 2005 back into games... the list goes on.

People are ignoring the fact that our defense lacks the fire it used to have, only beacuse of the W/L ratios. I'm stating the facts, BV puts together a good rush D, but his passing D and tackling techniques (the most SIMPLE STUFF), have been lackluster since Mike Stoops left.
Saved the day vs Oregon??? Last I recall, Ingram missed the call for a blitz... Get that? missed a call for a blitz! That's pure dumb luck, more than it is good defense. Great interception, eternally grateful for it... But review YOUR logic a little more before tearing down mine...
This is sickening to compare the two, but I'll go ahead and say it. Texas had a defense that I'll say wasn't as good this season as our 2000 D was, but arguably comparable... They hit hard, actually brought opponents down, and every oppurtunity for an interception was taken advantage of. When our 2004 and 2005 D was letting passes hit them in the back of the helmet, trying to tackle with their shoulders, and blitzing at the flip of a coin, that tells me and anyone else who knows the basics, we're not so hot. You may chalk that up to youth and inexperience all you want to, but Bomar made better progress on his stupid mistakes than our D did.

All I'm saying is, this should be considered. Defense rules big games...

OU/FSU 2000
OU/TX 2001
USC/ND 2005
USC/TX 2005/6............just to name a few off the top of my head worth remembering.

Let's see here......2001 Pass Defense was susceptible......a.k.a Nebraska and OSU. 2002...susceptible yet again (got torched by Reggie McNeal at A&M, and OSU again). 2000, our defense wasn't so great against A&M. Had trouble against Alabama in 2002. Our best defensive game, 2000 National Championship vs. FSU. 2003 Defense up until the Big 12 Championship was sporadic, dominate through a period Texas, OSU, Tech and A&M. We still got burned deep with Stoops at the helm of the secondary (people don't seem to recall this ever happening.) People tend to forget that yes we had a lot of interceptions, but we also missed tackles. Mike Stoops by the way was never our Defensive Coordinator. He was a Co-Defensive Coordinator with Venables. Get over it! Mike Stoops is never coming back, we'll be fine.