PDA

View Full Version : It's Paris, again

Jay C. Upchurch
2/6/2006, 05:23 PM
DALLAS — Oklahoma freshman phenom Courtney Paris was named Phillips 66 Co-Big 12 Player of the Week as announced by the conference offices on Monday afternoon. LaToya Bond of Missouri, who scored 30 points in a loss to the Sooners on Saturday, shared the honor with Paris.

It marks the eighth weekly honor for Paris, which is a conference record for total awards. Paris has been Big 12 Player of the Week on three occasions, twice sharing it with another player. Paris has also been named Big 12 Rookie of the Week on five occasions. The rookie from California has won a Big 12 honor each of the last four weeks.

Paris tied a Big 12 single season record with her 20th double-double –15th consecutive. She also helped OU tie the Big 12 record for consecutive wins (9) to start a conference season. Her weekly averages were 22 points, 14 rebounds, four assists, two blocks and two steals in wins over Oklahoma State and Missouri. Against the second-place Tigers, Paris posted 27 points and 16 rebounds in 26 minutes of action. The rookie center led all players with 17 points and 12 rebounds against Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma (19-4) is in first place with a Big 12 record of 9-0, which is the best start in league history. The Sooners will host Kansas (13-6, 3-6) on Wednesday at 7 p.m. General admission and reserved level tickets remain for the contest. The game will be broadcast on KOKC (1520 AM), in addition to a live webcast on the premium O-Zone on SoonerSports.com.

The OU and Baylor game will be broadcast nationally by Fox Sports Net with Kevin Eschenfelder on play-by-play and Debbie Antonelli on color commentary. Tip time for the game has been set at 2:30 p.m.

OU SID and Big 12

CtheB
2/6/2006, 07:46 PM
Courtney Paris....career 10 point 7 board a game player in Kelvin's system. Transfers after second year. Finishes up career at San Fran Community College. Hates basketball.

Sorry, Jay, just had to throw that in for you. :)

oumartin
2/7/2006, 09:53 AM
We're not baggin' on you(Jay), the university, or the players. We're quite frustrated right now with the basketball program. Whether it be legitimate or not.

IronHorseSooner
2/7/2006, 10:13 AM
I can't wait to get back and see a Sooner Women's game. They just haven't been beating people, they've been "woodsheding" them. AND THESE AREN'T BAD TEAMS (Baylor, Mizzou, TTECH)! I agree, play the three Big 11 teams and UCONN (boy, it seems as if they and TENN play EVERY game at home) again, I ardently believe that this team wins. Anybody here wonder how far they will go in the tourney? I REALLY think that this is a Final 4 calibre team. After that, who knows? Courtney is a player who can change a game all by herself, even as a Freshman. In basketball, things like this happen (ie Melo at Syracuse) more often than football or any other sport, for that matter. She has to be an All-American, no doubt....This team has the outside shooting, defense, and point guard play to complement her inside play. If the shooters are on, it's over.

oumartin
2/7/2006, 10:19 AM
they gotta quit turning the ball over to make that final 4 run. if they can improve that I think they will definately make the final 4.

would like to see them run the big 12 and get a 1 seed. however i think the four losses (albeit early) will prevent them from going much higher in the rankings.

CtheB
2/7/2006, 10:56 AM
they gotta quit turning the ball over to make that final 4 run. if they can improve that I think they will definately make the final 4.

would like to see them run the big 12 and get a 1 seed. however i think the four losses (albeit early) will prevent them from going much higher in the rankings.

They're still a year away. Still too shaky at PG to make a run. Someone's going to cause us fits.

Next year..watch out.

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 11:05 AM
Same weakness at guards that the men have, but it's more of a talent thing than a leadership thing. Luckily, our post presence is enough that it makes up for the relatively weak guard play.

Man, I love this team. I wish I could see every game! I'm thinking about getting the O-zone just so I can see them play more.