PDA

View Full Version : Lendy to Safety

NormanPride
2/6/2006, 03:34 PM
Some are saying that the prolific ( ;) ) WR has joined the ranks of our 435968 safeties. Can anyone verify this? If so, is this good? Andre W. was a good corner a few years back, so who knows.

BASSooner
2/6/2006, 03:40 PM
That HAS to be just a rumor. We have too many safeties

AwaySooner
2/6/2006, 06:43 PM
We need a few more capable CBs. Maybe Reggie Smith is moving to play CB?

yermom
2/6/2006, 06:48 PM
We need a few more capable CBs. Maybe Reggie Smith is moving to play CB?

that's been a rumor for a while now

The VIIIth
2/6/2006, 11:28 PM
All I have heard simply puts him in the defensive backfield, no specific mention of safety or otherwise.

Most folks are assuming CB since the need is greater there, that would be my best guess...

CoSooner
2/6/2006, 11:46 PM
He played DB in high school and picked off a good amount of passes.

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 10:14 AM
CB would be great if he's like Woolfolk. We need CBs with good hips and instincts. Though, I think I'd cry if we started another guy with no time at the position (like DJ) again...

RacerX
2/7/2006, 10:30 AM
Some are saying that the prolific ( ;) ) WR has joined the ranks of our 435968 safeties. Can anyone verify this? If so, is this good? Andre W. was a good corner a few years back, so who knows.

I think your number is low.:mack:

Tear Down This Wall
2/7/2006, 12:50 PM
Ah, excellent move. More safeties. Just what we needed.

CU Sooner
2/7/2006, 02:07 PM
If he does move to defense it will be as a cb, he played that position in HS and at the Army AA game two years ago and did so fairly well.

NormanPride
2/7/2006, 02:44 PM
Ah, excellent move. More safeties. Just what we needed.

I was waiting for you. :) Now all this thread needs is Scott D or jkm talking about recruiting.

Desert Sapper
2/7/2006, 02:55 PM
I think if he is moving to CB, that is good. We need depth there. Speed, instincts, and hands are needed on the corners. If he is moving to safety, maybe the coaches see the need for Brodney Poole height in deep coverage area. I wouldn't mind seeing a few Oskeys in the near future.

Desert Sapper
2/7/2006, 02:55 PM
Oh, and it might be because we have unreal depth at WR for the first time in a long time.

jccouger
2/8/2006, 12:01 AM
Oh, and it might be because we have unreal depth at WR for the first time in a long time.

2 years?

Desert Sapper
2/8/2006, 11:25 AM
2 years?

It's been a long two years. ;)

Egeo
2/8/2006, 01:53 PM
i think we could use all the help we can get in the secondary...

quentin chaney at fs anyone... that might be interesting but hes probably too slow and probably cant tackle

southern sooner
2/9/2006, 11:09 AM
Didnt Lendy have a pretty good spring game last year, from what I recall he had a Return for TD. Did he have grades issues or what last year?

yermom
2/9/2006, 11:13 AM
Didnt Lendy have a pretty good spring game last year, from what I recall he had a Return for TD. Did he have grades issues or what last year?

seems like he droped a lot of balls, and never did much in the return game

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 11:45 AM
Saying Lendy didn't do much in the return game doesn't give him enough credit. He probably cost us the UCLA game by turning the ball over a few times, and then continued to drop balls the rest of the year. He did way more than "not much". ;)

yermom
2/9/2006, 11:50 AM
i didn't quite remember if he had muffed punts or not, was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt

now that i think about it, i remember thinking that the coaches though he could give them a homerun type threat since Rankins wasn't really tearing it up... Rankins's consistency would have been better than muffed punts :(

NormanPride
2/9/2006, 12:10 PM
I feel bad for J-Rain, but he was just too small. People whined when we took him out of the Sugar Bowl because he wouldn't have matched up well with their larger corners, but this past year was a perfect example of how easily guys like that get banged up.

Though, to be fair, his was an ankle injury and those can happen to anyone.