PDA

View Full Version : Worst Super Bowls

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 03:04 PM
I've been lucky that since I'm pretty young. Not as many bad super bowls in the last 15 years or so.. There's a thread on the great Super Bowls. How about some all-time yawners?

Super Bowl XL-Seattle-Pittsburgh. Neither team really played well all game. Best team one but it wasn't much to watch. It was kinda close for 3 quarters. But you knew Seattle wasn't gonna drive down and score on Pittsburgh.

Super Bowl XXXV Baltimore/New York-34-7 and the Ravens still didn't play well offensively.

Super Bowl XXXIII Denver/Atlanta-It was great to see Elway in his last game but the game was pretty much over after the first 15 minutes.

Super Bowl XXXI-I hate Farve and seeing him win any games.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2006, 03:10 PM
Super Bowl XXXI-I hate Farve and seeing him win any games.

I thought you were sorta crazy, this just validates it.

NormanPride
2/6/2006, 03:35 PM
Spare him, badger, for he knows not what he says!

wishbonesooner
2/6/2006, 03:42 PM
How can you hate Favre?

NormanPride
2/6/2006, 03:43 PM
How can you hate Favre?

I bet he kicks puppies, too.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 03:47 PM
Because Farve is a jerk.

longhorn gdc
2/6/2006, 03:55 PM
Professional football sucks almost as hard as a Texas fan.

Octavian
2/6/2006, 04:08 PM
Montana and Rice making the Broncos look like a little league team...Super Bowl XXIV was over at the cointoss...

Steve Young and Rice did the same thing to the Chargers a few years later

TheGodfather889
2/6/2006, 04:20 PM
It is definetely Super Bowl XXXVII with the Buccaneers beating the Raiders.It's the worst since I'm a Raiders fan and it took me a few months to get over.

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 04:26 PM
I've been lucky that since.
I stopped reading right here.

GrapevineSooner
2/6/2006, 05:39 PM
Because Farve is a jerk.

Care to cite an example?

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 05:46 PM
Flipping off the Dallas crowd after losing to them in the early 90s is one.

BillyBall
2/6/2006, 05:57 PM
I've been lucky that since I'm pretty young. Not as many bad super bowls in the last 15 years or so.. There's a thread on the great Super Bowls. How about some all-time yawners?

Super Bowl XL-Seattle-Pittsburgh. Neither team really played well all game. Best team one.

It took me all the way until here before I gave up......

RiddlerOK
2/6/2006, 06:02 PM
My 5 worst:

1. Super Bowl XV (1981) Oakland 27 Philadelphia 10- God this game sucked! I had to endure watching this piece of junk while preparing to go into boot camp. It was the first one inside a domed stadium and Philadelphia flat-out sucked after manhandling Dallas in the NFC championship game. All Oakland had to show for it was 3 Rod Martin interceptions, the occasional gratuitious Jim Plunkett completion to Cliff Branch and a Kenny King 80 yard TD reception. Yawn!!

2. Super Bowl XXXV (2001) Baltimore 34 New York Giants 7- It's bad enough that Baltimore won with a sterling young defense and a Diler-led offense but jeez, the Giants were an absolutely unworthy opponent. Kerry Collins was pitiful and should have been booed into submission. The Giants did not deserve to be there. Maybe Saint Louis would have been a worthier opponent, if they had discovered Kurt Warner a year earlier.

3. Super Bowl VIII (1974) Miami 24 Minnesota 7- The first mistake they made was playing this game at Rice Stadium in Houston. Then the powerful Dolphins simply overwhelmed the Vikings and the game was absolutely boring from the get-go. Miami owned the football nearly the entire game and pounded the middle with Larry Csonka THIRTY-THREE times! Jeez, this game was so god-awful boring!

4. Super Bowl XXIV (1989) San Fransisco 55 Denver 10- The 49ers laid such a butt-whooping on Denver that this game rivaled the Dallas trouncing of Buffalo in SB XXXIII. John Taylor and Jerry Rice had a field day catching pass after pass from Joe Montana, who could have thrown for 1,000 yards if he wanted. John Elway must have felt like retiring by this point.

5. Super Bowl LX (2006) Pittsburgh 21 Seattle 10- How can you get up for a game which features a #6 wild card seed playing against a team that should have probably been in the game the year before? I honestly believe the Bears and the Colts would have been a much better game. Heck, even the Panthers and the Colts..... I'm sorry but, this seemed like 1982 all over again. Snowed in blue-collar city hosting a couple of no-name franchises. The only difference is that at least they gave us a show in the first one.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 06:20 PM
St. Louis did discover Warner a year before beat Tennessee is one of the best SBs ever.

What's sad about the Giants is that they won the NFCCG 41-0

chriscappel
2/6/2006, 06:31 PM
The ones where Dallas won....I hoate Dallas! :D

oumartin
2/6/2006, 06:44 PM
I'll go with this years rose bowl followed closely by the OSU-Miami Fiesta bowl.

tennsooner
2/6/2006, 09:16 PM
Care to cite an example?Bad as I hate to side with Nick (and I do) I used to work with two people who went to school with Farve and to my surprise they both labeled him as a jerk. He was a lot of money to welch on a 5 dollar bet on a game of pool.As the story goes he lost and when he was asked for the money said " I'm not going to pay and what are you going to do about it" not much class there. I know you are going to ask so I will tell you in advance,it was 5 years ago.:(