PDA

View Full Version : Last night's game is why I love College Football

Red October
2/6/2006, 11:49 AM
Everything sucked.

Pre-game Hype. blech. Irvin is a total ***. Those announcers are getting old. Madden needs to retire.
Officiating - It would have been a much better and closer game if SEA didnt get those crappy calls.
Commercials - The only one I thought was funny was the sheep "streaker"
Halftime show - Sorry Stones, I love listening to your CD's, but you guys need to quit playing live.
My enchiladas - blech, nevermind
National Anthem. (Carrie Underwood's versioin in Seattle was a meelion times better)
My hangover - :(

I want those 5 hours of my life back. :(

C'mon September.

SoonerStormchaser
2/6/2006, 11:50 AM
The safety word is "banana"

TUSooner
2/6/2006, 11:52 AM
Everything sucked.

Pre-game Hype. blech. Irvin is a total ***. Those announcers are getting old. Madden needs to retire.
Officiating - It would have been a much better and closer game if SEA didnt get those crappy calls.
Commercials - The only one I thought was funny was the sheep "streaker"
Halftime show - Sorry Stones, I love listening to your CD's, but you guys need to quit playing live.
My enchiladas - blech, nevermind
National Anthem. (Carrie Underwood's versioin in Seattle was a meelion times better)
My hangover - :(

I want those 5 hours of my life back. :(

C'mon September.

EXACTLY, Except I don't know about your enchiladas or your hangover.

OklahomaRed
2/6/2006, 12:00 PM
From a totally unbiased observer, who could have cared less who won, it seemed that the referees had "the fix" going for Pittsburg to cover the spread? From the push off penalty, which was obvious, but you've seen them let it go before, and they even let Pitt get away with it later in the game; to the phantom touchdown, to the holding call on the long Seattle pass deep inside the 5 yard line. It seemed every time Seattle got a good play, the refs had some kind of penalty? If I were going to fix the game, I would do it through the refs. They can basically throw a holding penalty anytime the want to. You could tell Seattle's coach was not happy, but what's he going to do? Say something and get a big fine?

Weak game. The entire process from the pre-game hype to the celebrations looked like they had been programmed and scripted.

boomersooner28
2/6/2006, 12:03 PM
Yip, it sucked.

chriscappel
2/6/2006, 12:23 PM
the National Anthem, to me, was a disgrace!

TUSooner
2/6/2006, 12:27 PM
*** The entire process from the pre-game hype to the celebrations looked like they had been programmed and scripted.

Yep.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/6/2006, 09:59 PM
The thing that really reminded me why i dont care for the pro game is after the game was over.

After Coach Cowher and his team had just got through playing the game, they do the trophy presentation and they present the trophy to the coach...to Hines Ward or Jerome Bettis...no....to a 112 year old owner that thinks it super bowl 1 and probably slept thru half the game like i did..Of course he gave it to Cowher who gave it back to him...but I think someone who was involved in the game somehow should have been presented the trophy

shavedmarmoset
2/6/2006, 10:15 PM
the National Anthem, to me, was a disgrace!

I didn't hear it. Is there an audio clip or something where i could hear it? video maybe?

CORNholio
2/6/2006, 10:39 PM
My favorite part of the NFL is when the multimillion dollar crybabies go on a "me first" tantrum and decide they want more money or more attention. But who can blame them it must be hard to get paid by the truck load to do something we all did for free as kids.