PDA

View Full Version : If Michael Neal makes the shot and we win...

colleyvillesooner
2/6/2006, 10:08 AM
The only complaining on here would be "I can't believe we let them come back like that, but we found a way to win. Good gutty win on the road in a place we haven't won in 10+ years. Bring on OSU"

It's amazing.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2006, 10:10 AM
If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2006, 10:10 AM
Congrats on 10k.

I guess.

:P

CtheB
2/6/2006, 10:15 AM
If grasshoppers had machine guns....

colleyvillesooner
2/6/2006, 10:16 AM
Ignore it if you want, but givin the way people act around here, you know that's how it would be.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2006, 10:25 AM
I think I'd be ****ed regardless to be honest. In the first half we build a near double digit lead and **** it away as Kelvin tightens the reigns. In the second half we build a 16 point lead and **** it away as Kelvin tightens the reigns offensively.

longhorn gdc
2/6/2006, 10:49 AM
Much of loss tied to poor coaching
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
2/6/2006

View in Print (PDF) Format

LAWRENCE, KAN. -- In the end, Kelvin Sampson stood quietly alone for several seconds on the Allen Fieldhouse floor with his arms folded. How appropriate.

Sampson had just watched his team pull what could go down as one of the biggest fold jobs in Oklahoma basketball history. In the short term, blowing a 15-point lead to Kansas in the final six minutes of Sunday's game could have a devastating effect on the Sooners the rest of this season.

These opportunities are rare. OU is now 67-16 on KU's home court. And since the Big 12 Conference was formed in 1996, South Division teams are 0-29 against the Jayhawks in their legendary arena.

The Jayhawks and history were there for OU to grab. Instead, the Sooners lost their poise and probably lost any chance of defending the Big 12 title they shared with KU last season.

A huge portion of the blame for the 59-58 loss belongs directly on Sampson. The OU coach, who is now 0-7 at Allen Fieldhouse, couldn't find a way to stop the bleeding when his panicked players looked to him for leadership and help.

The game's final play was also the final example of how KU's Bill Self outcoached Sampson in the game's final, frantic minutes.

OU had the ball under its basket with one
second on the clock. Self correctly guessed that Sampson would attempt to force the ball inside to forward Taj Gray, so the KU coach inserted his four tallest players into the lineup.

When those four surrounded Gray, the Sooners didn't have any other option but to throw to guard Michael Neal for a desperation 3-pointer that didn't even come close.

A few minutes earlier, when KU had sliced OU's 53-38 lead to 53-51, Sampson called a timeout. The two-minute break was to allow the players to calm down, while Sampson diagramed a high-percentage play that many coaches use to stem the other team's rally.

And how did OU execute the play? The Sooners looked so confused that they failed to even get a shot off before the 35-second clock had expired, creating a turnover that KU promptly turned into a game-tying basket.

Yes, OU's players also contributed to this shocking collapse. They allowed the boisterous crowed to affect them in the late stages when the Sooner guards committed critical turnovers.

Particularly disheartening was the play of OU's three seniors. Gray, Kevin Bookout and Terrell Everett had fueled OU's early run that gave the Sooners their first chance to win at KU since 1993, but they couldn't respond with critical baskets in the stretch.

Instead, it was the young Jayhawks who played like veterans. KU's top seven players, who are either freshmen or sophomores, kept their poise while the older Sooners came unraveled.

"We should have brought it in (to a timeout) and said, 'Hey, let's just calm down and let's go from here,' " Bookout said. "We still had a 10-point lead, but we didn't stay together."

Instead, the Sooners fell apart in what now is becoming a trend. The Sooners, who slipped to 14-5 overall and 5-3 in the Big 12, also blew leads in their other two conference losses.

In those narrow defeats to Nebraska and Missouri, Sampson had the understandable excuse that the Sooners were missing Neal. And that looked like a valid argument when OU ripped off five straight wins when Neal regained his health.

But Neal was healthy Sunday, as were the rest of the Sooners. So injuries can no longer be a crutch for this team as it attempts to regroup in time to put together a record that will impress the NCAA Tournament Committee when it hands out seeds on Selection Sunday.

It will be interesting to see how healthy the Sooners are mentally for Wednesday night's game at Oklahoma State. Normally, a Bedlam Series game doesn't need any extra motivation to get the teams excited. But this wasn't any normal loss.

"We were 0-2 in the conference and we won five straight, so that shows a lot about our team right there," Bookout said. "We're going to bounce back, and we'll be just fine.

"It won't be easy at Gallagher (Iba Arena). We can beat them (Cowboys), but we've got to play hard. We can beat anyone in the conference if we play hard."

After defeating Texas 10 days ago and having KU down for 34 minutes, the Sooners certainly looked capable of playing with anyone in the Big 12 and most teams in the country.

"This one is hard to handle because I thought we outplayed them for a long time," Sampson said. "And they outplayed the last six minutes."

Yup, you do have to play the entire 40 minutes. But the same goes for coaching.

In the end, OU didn't get a 40-minute effort in either area.

Dave Sittler 581-8312
[email protected].

longhorn gdc
2/6/2006, 10:55 AM
OU to face KU, what might have been
By GUERIN EMIG World Sports Writer
2/5/2006

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- The story goes that high school phenom Brandon Rush showed up in Oklahoma's gym last March, and was burned so badly by Nate Carter in a game of one-on-one that he bowed his head in shame, never to return to Norman.

Well, this much is true: Rush never returned.

Last August, after seriously considering a jump straight from Mount Zion Academy in Durham, N.C., into the NBA draft, Rush enrolled at Kansas.

Now he's not only a starting guard, but the biggest reason why the Jayhawks might be the hottest team in college basketball as they host the No. 19 Sooners at noon Sunday.

Kansas has won its last four games by an average of 24 points. Along the way, Rush has averaged 21 points and nine rebounds, giving him the team lead in both categories, as well as the highest KU freshman scoring average since Danny Manning.

But it's not just the substance, it's the style.

"Brandon Rush is a prototypical NBA guard," said coach Kelvin Sampson, whose Sooners can break a three-way tie for second place in the Big 12 Conference with their sixth straight win Sunday. "He's smooth, he can take you off the dribble, he gets out and runs the floor, he shoots 3s, pull-ups . . . Everything about his game is pro."

Said Jayhawk coach Bill Self, "He could be one of the premier players in the country. How many freshmen are shooting 52 percent from 3 and close to 80 from the line? And leading their team in rebounds?"

Rush is certainly KU's gain.

But was he OU's loss?

Rewind to Rush's recruiting visit last March. Did Carter really rock the kid's world?

"Nah, that's not true, man," Carter said. "He came out here and we played a little bit. But he did well. He's a real good player."

And he seemed to finish his visit on good terms. In fact, three months later, Rush told CBSSportsline.com he was leaning toward OU.

So what happened between then and August?

"I don't want to talk about that," Sampson said before practice Friday.

Neither does Rush, who turned down an interview request for this story.

Perhaps it was his flirtation with the NBA.

"He almost didn't go to college," Sampson said. "If he had played a little better in Chicago . . ."

That was back in June, when Rush attended the Chicago NBA predraft camp bent on convincing scouts he was worthy of a first-round selection.

Perhaps it was his flirtation with ineligibility.

Rush attended three Kansas City high schools before settling at Mount Zion. Rumors he wouldn't qualify followed him throughout the recruiting process, and even after he decided to attend KU, it was uncertain whether the NCAA Clearinghouse would declare him eligible.

The NCAA saw Rush through, and the rest is history. The cliche fits in this case, where both parties seem to have gotten what they wanted.

The Jayhawks have a rising star who has elevated them back where they feel they belong, among the Big 12, if not national, elite. As a bonus, Rush is no prima donna -- if coaches who recruited him were concerned he'd disrupt team chemistry, they needn't have.

"So many young kids come to school and feel they have an idea of what the game's all about and what they need to be doing," Self said. "This guy said, 'Hey, I don't know.' He's been a treat to coach. Brandon has been a sponge."

The Sooners, meanwhile, have carried on just fine. They enter Allen Fieldhouse 14-4 overall and on a five-game conference winning streak.

What's past, including their 0-2 Big 12 start and their courtship of Rush, means nothing anymore. They have reason to be as optimistic as the Jayhawks about their future, and reason to be gracious about both success stories.

"You pull for a kid like him," Sampson said of Rush. "He's had a lot of adversity, but good for him that he's having a great year."

Guerin Emig 581-8355
[email protected].

KABOOKIE
2/6/2006, 11:09 AM
:mad:

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2006, 11:10 AM
if if if

alot of "ifs" in that game.....you cant rely on them, and you should never let the game come down to "what could/should have been"

colleyvillesooner
2/6/2006, 11:17 AM
if if if

alot of "ifs" in that game.....you cant rely on them, and you should never let the game come down to "what could/should have been"

I agree, and I am extremely ****ed about the 16 point lead, but, to me, that happens. I was only making the point of how people would react on here giving the swing of one shot.

I don't think blowing the lead proves KS can't coach, as some would say.

Ground_Attack
2/6/2006, 11:24 AM
The only complaining on here would be "I can't believe we let them come back like that, but we found a way to win. Good gutty win on the road in a place we haven't won in 10+ years. Bring on OSU"

It's amazing.

but they didn't. In the end, **** poor play and coaching led to the loss.

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2006, 11:27 AM
I agree, and I am extremely ****ed about the 16 point lead, but, to me, that happens. I was only making the point of how people would react on here giving the swing of one shot.

I don't think blowing the lead proves KS can't coach, as some would say.

no, but think back over the years, how many times have we gone into the second half with a double digit lead, only to squander it away.....

seems to me like it happens on a regular basis....i'm no basketball expert but it seems to me like our style (Kelvins) doesnt lend itself to maintaining leads..

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 12:37 PM
no, but think back over the years, how many times have we gone into the second half with a double digit lead, only to squander it away.....

seems to me like it happens on a regular basis....i'm no basketball expert but it seems to me like our style (Kelvins) doesnt lend itself to maintaining leads..
You're exactly right.

If I have time later today here at work, I'm going to comb over SoonerStats, my press guide and my memory to show just how many nailbiters and losses have come under Sampson where we had a lead of over ten points in the second half.

My guess is it'll be a ****load.

colleyvillesooner
2/6/2006, 12:41 PM
You're exactly right.

If I have time later today here at work, I'm going to comb over SoonerStats, my press guide and my memory to show just how many nailbiters and losses have come under Sampson where we had a lead of over ten points in the second half.

My guess is it'll be a ****load.

Don't waste your time. Won't change anyone's mind. Yes it happens alot under Sampson. Players not making shots helps also. Are you ready to get a new coach since this is a recurring theme?

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 12:43 PM
I don't think Kelvin, Eddie, or Rick Barnes have ever won in AFH. None of those 3 coaches suck. It was a hard fought win for KU. But it's only one game. OU just has to beat OSU and make up for it and I think we will. Last week I said if we would be 1-2 after the next 3 games that's really good. I think we go 2-1 after that game. That is really good.

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 12:46 PM
Don't waste your time. Won't change anyone's mind. Yes it happens alot under Sampson. Players not making shots helps also. Are you ready to get a new coach since this is a recurring theme?
I'm like Barry Switzer, colley. I want to win the Big 8 (12 :) ) conference and challenge for the national.

Our scheme and philosophy would win a slew of Big 10 titles, but I don't think it lends itself to challenging for the national championship.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 12:59 PM
You mean like it didn't do so in 2002 or 2001?

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 01:04 PM
2001? What did we do?

2002? Yes, we get to the Final Four with four offensive threats on the floor, only to have another balls-to-the-wall practice in Atlanta. Nobody hits it hard in Atlanta, but we do, and Quannas shreds his ankle.

Oh, and I'm not saying Nate Carter is Ebi Ere, but the kid has offensive game and we won't play him because Kelvin is too concernced with defensive lapses. That mid-range jumper could open up everything.

GrapevineSooner
2/6/2006, 01:28 PM
Are you ready to get a new coach since this is a recurring theme?

I don't think we should change coaches for the sake of change.

But in light of these recurring themes, it needs to be explored at the very least. And I'd only be in favor of such a change if it's a high profile coach with skins on the wall or a young up-and-comer.

Which probably means I'm not in favor of a coaching change just yet. ;)

I have a feeling that train would gain a lot more steam if we have a very good regular season netting us a top 4 seed only to get bounced in the first or second round.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 01:34 PM
2001? What did we do?

2002? Yes, we get to the Final Four with four offensive threats on the floor, only to have another balls-to-the-wall practice in Atlanta. Nobody hits it hard in Atlanta, but we do, and Quannas shreds his ankle.

Oh, and I'm not saying Nate Carter is Ebi Ere, but the kid has offensive game and we won't play him because Kelvin is too concernced with defensive lapses. That mid-range jumper could open up everything.

He should be concerned with defense first. That's why he wins 23+ games every year. Billy's teams didn't worry about defense in the end and it showed. OU was bad at the end of Billy's career. And he hasn't done a thing since then.

Kelvin's style will always work because of defense first. But the offensive problems were players not executing. None of it had to do with coaching. Kelvin wanted them to push it down the floor near the end of the game. The players never did.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2006, 01:51 PM
Kelvin's style will always work because of defense first. But the offensive problems were players not executing. None of it had to do with coaching. Kelvin wanted them to push it down the floor near the end of the game. The players never did.

I'm not sure how long you've been around, but I'll say this again, offensive struggles and poor shooting have been a hallmark of Sampson era. This is nothing new.

John Kochtoston
2/6/2006, 02:20 PM
Much of loss tied to poor coaching
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Writer
2/6/2006

LAWRENCE, KAN. -- In the end, Kelvin Sampson stood quietly alone for several seconds on the Allen Fieldhouse floor with his arms folded. How appropriate.

Sampson had just watched his team pull what could go down as one of the biggest fold jobs in Oklahoma basketball history. In the short term, blowing a 15-point lead to Kansas in the final six minutes of Sunday's game could have a devastating effect on the Sooners the rest of this season.

These opportunities are rare. OU is now 67-16 on KU's home court. And since the Big 12 Conference was formed in 1996, South Division teams are 0-29 against the Jayhawks in their legendary arena.

The Jayhawks and history were there for OU to grab. Instead, the Sooners lost their poise and probably lost any chance of defending the Big 12 title they shared with KU last season.

A huge portion of the blame for the 59-58 loss belongs directly on Sampson. The OU coach, who is now 0-7 at Allen Fieldhouse, couldn't find a way to stop the bleeding when his panicked players looked to him for leadership and help.

The game's final play was also the final example of how KU's Bill Self outcoached Sampson in the game's final, frantic minutes.

OU had the ball under its basket with one
second on the clock. Self correctly guessed that Sampson would attempt to force the ball inside to forward Taj Gray, so the KU coach inserted his four tallest players into the lineup.

When those four surrounded Gray, the Sooners didn't have any other option but to throw to guard Michael Neal for a desperation 3-pointer that didn't even come close.

A few minutes earlier, when KU had sliced OU's 53-38 lead to 53-51, Sampson called a timeout. The two-minute break was to allow the players to calm down, while Sampson diagramed a high-percentage play that many coaches use to stem the other team's rally.

And how did OU execute the play? The Sooners looked so confused that they failed to even get a shot off before the 35-second clock had expired, creating a turnover that KU promptly turned into a game-tying basket.

Yes, OU's players also contributed to this shocking collapse. They allowed the boisterous crowed to affect them in the late stages when the Sooner guards committed critical turnovers.

Particularly disheartening was the play of OU's three seniors. Gray, Kevin Bookout and Terrell Everett had fueled OU's early run that gave the Sooners their first chance to win at KU since 1993, but they couldn't respond with critical baskets in the stretch.

Instead, it was the young Jayhawks who played like veterans. KU's top seven players, who are either freshmen or sophomores, kept their poise while the older Sooners came unraveled.

"We should have brought it in (to a timeout) and said, 'Hey, let's just calm down and let's go from here,' " Bookout said. "We still had a 10-point lead, but we didn't stay together."

Instead, the Sooners fell apart in what now is becoming a trend. The Sooners, who slipped to 14-5 overall and 5-3 in the Big 12, also blew leads in their other two conference losses.

In those narrow defeats to Nebraska and Missouri, Sampson had the understandable excuse that the Sooners were missing Neal. And that looked like a valid argument when OU ripped off five straight wins when Neal regained his health.

But Neal was healthy Sunday, as were the rest of the Sooners. So injuries can no longer be a crutch for this team as it attempts to regroup in time to put together a record that will impress the NCAA Tournament Committee when it hands out seeds on Selection Sunday.

It will be interesting to see how healthy the Sooners are mentally for Wednesday night's game at Oklahoma State. Normally, a Bedlam Series game doesn't need any extra motivation to get the teams excited. But this wasn't any normal loss.

"We were 0-2 in the conference and we won five straight, so that shows a lot about our team right there," Bookout said. "We're going to bounce back, and we'll be just fine.

"It won't be easy at Gallagher (Iba Arena). We can beat them (Cowboys), but we've got to play hard. We can beat anyone in the conference if we play hard."

After defeating Texas 10 days ago and having KU down for 34 minutes, the Sooners certainly looked capable of playing with anyone in the Big 12 and most teams in the country.

"This one is hard to handle because I thought we outplayed them for a long time," Sampson said. "And they outplayed the last six minutes."

Yup, you do have to play the entire 40 minutes. But the same goes for coaching.

In the end, OU didn't get a 40-minute effort in either area.

Dave Sittler 581-8312
[email protected]

Could Sittler contridict himself more in this article? He says Sampson designed the right play, and the players couldn't execute it. That's Sampson's fault how, exactly?

Plus he's just wrong when he says the final play was blown. The fact that the inbounder recognized that Gray was covered and instead went to Neal shows that.

Look, there's plenty of blame to go around here. Coaches and players can all swallow some for the loss, which is all the more bitter due to its dissapointing nature. But Sampson has gotten a lot more right that he has wrong while he's been here, and still gets little to no slack from a vocal minority. I, for one, am still willing to cut him a heck of a lot more.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 03:06 PM
I'm not sure how long you've been around, but I'll say this again, offensive struggles and poor shooting have been a hallmark of Sampson era. This is nothing new.

He's averaged 75 a game over his career here. That's not bad.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2006, 03:31 PM
He's averaged 75 a game over his career here. That's not bad.

He's also allowed countless 10+ point leads evaporate. He's also run off two McDonald's High School All-Americans. He's also woefully underachieved in the NCAA tourney. He also doesn't understand how to run a half court offense. But he does that jump up and down thing with his index fingers interlocked pretty well.

colleyvillesooner
2/6/2006, 03:36 PM
<sigh> This board is has become the football board.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/6/2006, 03:44 PM
He should be concerned with defense first. That's why he wins 23+ games every year. Billy's teams didn't worry about defense in the end and it showed. OU was bad at the end of Billy's career. And he hasn't done a thing since then.

If Billy was coaching we would score more than 17 points in a half! (ie SMU)

Ardmore_Sooner
2/6/2006, 03:46 PM
<sigh> This board is has become the football board.

You mean the delusion fan board?

longhorn gdc
2/6/2006, 03:54 PM
Frankly, most of you sound like a bunch of longhorns.

OUstud
2/6/2006, 04:47 PM
Rush>>>>>Carter. That reverse "lay-up" that was thrown over the backboard at A&M is my evidence. Unless he miraculously rebounds, he's a bust so far.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 04:53 PM
If Billy was coaching we would score more than 17 points in a half! (ie SMU)

Maybe but we would probably have lost about 10 games at this point instead of only 5.

soonervegas
2/6/2006, 04:57 PM
Agreed on the 2nd half leads. I would bet in 12 years......we have lost about 10-15 games where we have had a double digit lead at some point in the 2nd half. I think would be even more shocking is if you pulled how many times we had a double digit lead in the 2nd half only to end up wining by less than 3. I would put this number at 30-40 games. These are the games that make Kelvin think it is ok to hit the breaks on a team with a big lead.

And if anyone thinks we aren't gonna get our asses handed to us Wednesday...your crazy. This loss is going to linger. Kelvin hating is going to be at an all time high Wednesday about 10:00 pm.

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe but we would probably have lost about 10 games at this point instead of only 5.
Maybe one day you'll graduate from high school.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 05:07 PM
I've already done that.

What has a Billy Tubbs team done since 1990 when he lost in the Sweet 16? Nothing at OU since then, nothing at TCU since then nothing at Lamar since then.

JohnnyMack
2/6/2006, 05:08 PM
I'll bet there were a lot of Gary Gibbs apologists back in tha day too.

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 05:16 PM
I've already done that.
Yeah, but most do it before they turn 25.

What has a Billy Tubbs team done since 1990 when he lost in the Sweet 16? Nothing at OU since then, nothing at TCU since then nothing at Lamar since then.
Billy lost in the second round in '90.

Again, what does this have to do with Billy? Did he blow the game yesterday? No. Seems like the only defense you guys have against the loss yesterday is to put down a coach who left here nearly 12 years ago.

I just want to win. I want a team with killer instinct who doesn't dick around and lose double-digit leads with frightening regularity. I want our teams to be feared.

NickZeppelin
2/6/2006, 05:49 PM
I'll bet there were a lot of Gary Gibbs apologists back in tha day too.

You are comparing Gibbs to Sampson? That's stupid. Sampson has a better win % then any BBall coach EVER at OU. And he's won 20 games every year.

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 05:51 PM
And he's won 20 games every year.
Not at OU he hasn't.

Jimminy Crimson
2/6/2006, 05:57 PM
Oh, and I'm not saying Nate Carter is Ebi Ere...

When Nate comes marching home again, Car-ter! Car-ter!

Just doesn't have the same ring to it. :eddie:

Spot on though, 04.

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 05:58 PM
I really needed a gf back then. :)

And no, the ring isn't the same.

Cam
2/6/2006, 07:42 PM
It's not so much that we lost, it's the manner in which we lost.

Not sure I can say it any more clearly than that.

I'll give it up all day to a team who plays balls out for 40 minutes, only to get beat by a couple points.

This is not the way KS's teams play. Rarely has been, and based upon 11 years of history at OU, it rarely will.

Edit: Never say never.

CtheB
2/6/2006, 07:49 PM
There are times when this team looks like it is really getting it. Times they look really good. One time they did it for forty minutes. But with Everett, Bookout and Gray as the nucleus of team that has Michael Neal, I didn't think this team would be struggling to find itself 19 games into the season.

RacerX
2/7/2006, 12:02 AM
Wow, Nick knows as much about basketball as he does about football.

OUmillenium
2/8/2006, 09:43 AM
He's also allowed countless 10+ point leads evaporate. He's also run off two McDonald's High School All-Americans. He's also woefully underachieved in the NCAA tourney. He also doesn't understand how to run a half court offense. But he does that jump up and down thing with his index fingers interlocked pretty well.

Thanks for posting my exact thoughts on Kelvin's coaching. You are right on the money. Kelvin has done a good job but will never get over the hump IMO. He plays solid D, but does not recruit big time scorers, and does not coach the proper psychology on offense. His normal offensive philosophy mirrors the 2001 football teams offensive philosophy - don't make mistakes/turnovers and let the defense win the game.

kbsooner
2/8/2006, 03:56 PM
see below

kbsooner
2/8/2006, 03:58 PM
Kelvin on the loss: "We're one whistle away, one shot away from winning six in a row. If we were on a six-game losing streak that may apply, but we're one basket away, one point away, one whistle away, one play away from having won six in a row."

HAAHAHAHAHAHA. Whatever Sampson. This is EXACTLY why this team or any other team under Sampson has no killer instinct. Are you freakin kidding me, I'm tired of this rhetoric, you don't lose a 16 point lead with 7 minutes to go and spew out cliches like this!!! I'm done drinking that Kool-Aid.

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 04:23 PM
Kelvin on the loss: "We're one whistle away, one shot away from winning six in a row. If we were on a six-game losing streak that may apply, but we're one basket away, one point away, one whistle away, one play away from having won six in a row."

HAAHAHAHAHAHA. Whatever Sampson. This is EXACTLY why this team or any other team under Sampson has no killer instinct. Are you freakin kidding me, I'm tired of this rhetoric, you don't lose a 16 point lead with 7 minutes to go and spew out cliches like this!!! I'm done drinking that Kool-Aid.

You missed the hanging of KS by a few days. If we lose tonight, everyone will gether here 1 min after tip-off. You're more than welcome to join.

Grimey
2/8/2006, 04:27 PM

you can almost set your watch by the 5+ minute drought that we are going to go into coming out of halftime.

Grimey
2/8/2006, 04:33 PM
OU is now 67-16 on KU's home court.

That can't be right...:confused:

colleyvillesooner
2/8/2006, 04:36 PM
That can't be right...:confused:

Should read 16-67

http://www.soonerstats.com/bb/series/details.cfm?OppID=30&Location=A

jdsooner
2/8/2006, 05:08 PM
"If"

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Or should I say, "If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Big 12 Title." This team has lost 3 conference games by a total of 4 points. That's the difference between 5-3 and 8-0. The problem is that this team has let each of those 3 games slip away in the final moments.

This is a season of immense frustration and dissapointment.:(

SoonerShark
2/9/2006, 10:05 AM

You are correct, most notably we fell apart against Duke in the second half last year, Nova this year, Mizzou and NU last month, then KU this week. (Remember in the Duke game, when a technical was wrongly called on Sampson after he balled out our own player, which caused quite a shift in the game.) Of course, we must do something right to win so many games for so many straight years. It is frustrating, but it is even more so for the teams that never win 20+ more than once a decade.