PDA

View Full Version : My coworker still isn't here

1stTimeCaller
2/6/2006, 09:48 AM
I turned his light on in his office but damn. It's 8:47. I hope he dent get fired after I left Friday.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/6/2006, 09:54 AM
Terrible that it is so "secret". I often think of the "Walk of Shame" scene from the Citadel movie. "Henceforth his name shall never be said..."

I worked at one famous place that when I was there (many moons ago) that you knew someone was fired or being fired when their name was taken off the communal mail box slots. Often, people would see it before the person got to work, their friends would call them in advance. I saw it once, saw this guy outside smoking, I said hi, how's it going and he said not too good, "I'm about to get fired." What do you say? He came up with me in the elevator and sure enough, a manager was pacing the elevator lobby waiting for him.

One guy was on extended vacation and his friends as a joke took his name off the mailbox...Hilarity ensued, except for the returning vacationee.

1stTimeCaller
2/6/2006, 10:59 AM
heh. too much fun watching the Super Bowl.

OUAndy1807
2/6/2006, 11:00 AM
8:47 is early.

longhorn gdc
2/6/2006, 11:00 AM
My hamster still hasn't shown up either.

1stTimeCaller
2/6/2006, 11:02 AM
he just rolled in. He smells like stale beer. Sucks to be him today. I don't think our boss has noticed. I hadn't seen him over by our offices today.