PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on our class

westcoast_sooner
2/6/2006, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking Murray, McCoy, Gresham, Tennell are going to be contributors, along with some of the OL. Overall, I think we did well, and Coach Stoops is going to be able to mold the new kids into shape. We should be set for D for the next couple of years and though we'll be young at some positions, should be able to grow into a solid team in the next year or two.

Thoughts anyone???

BASSooner
2/6/2006, 12:26 AM
the season coming up will be solid. I can see us playing for the national championship the next year

OUGreg723
2/6/2006, 07:51 PM
Just watched the film on the OZONE, which isnt much but....

Mossis Madu runs like Billy Sims

Chris Brown runs like Joe Washington

and DeMarco Murry is like REGGIE BUSH!!

THESE RB's OWN!! I CANT WAIT!!

Big John
2/7/2006, 10:11 PM
Murray- decent size (6'0" 185) and nice speed (4.5 40 time). Will be a great complement to AD in the backfield since AD is a power back that like to run out of the I and Murray is a shifty back that can catch out of the backfield.

McCoy- great size (6'4" 305) and nice speed for a defensive tackle (4.9 40 time). Will be in the DT rotation right away.

Gresham- great size (6'7" 230) and great speed for a TE (4.6 40 time). Should get some time behind Joe Jon Finley, and will play some as a possession receiver during passing situations as will JJF much like Trent Smith did.

Adron Tennell- great size (6'5" 200) and great speed (4.4 40 time). Will get playing time at receiver.

Sherrone Moore- great size (6'5" 300). Will probably compete for starting guard spot.

Brandon Walker- decent height (6'3"). Will compete for starting guard spot.

Has other players that will contribute as true freshman and many others that will make a big impact later in their careers. I think it's a pretty good class.

ArklahomaSooner
2/8/2006, 12:51 AM
Have a friend who saw two of Brandon Crow's games late in the season. He said he's got a motor that never stops, and if he adjusts to the speed of the college game he should be a contributor in 2007.
I saw Dominique Franks twice this year, he looked like the real deal to me.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/8/2006, 01:28 PM
the following are taken from about 5 clips so the accuracy rate is incredibly low.

10+ clips - chris brown reminds me of mark bradley without the blazing jets. he has pretty good awareness of how to use space as he runs. he is also able to take running angles that keep opponents from getting a good lick on him. the question is whether he will eventually get the jets because if not, he won't have breakaway speed.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/8/2006, 01:32 PM
5 clips - madu is an interesting prospect. kind of reminds me of antonn randle el the big question mark is going to be speed as he is elusive as crap.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/8/2006, 01:35 PM
6 or so clips - murray reminds me of a slower adrian peterson.

soonerdave79
2/8/2006, 02:35 PM
I see that McCoy runs a 4.5. Does anyone know what Tommie's 40 time was? Just wonderin'.

Collier11
2/8/2006, 02:53 PM
im pretty sure tommie was a 4.6
As far as our class goes, I would think that walker, moore, maybe roark can play right away on the O-line. Tennell, Murray, and Gresham could play right away on O. McCoy, Patterson, Franks could play right away on D.

Widescreen
2/8/2006, 03:44 PM
I seriously doubt McCoy really runs a 4.5.

Mjcpr
2/8/2006, 04:10 PM
I see that McCoy runs a 4.5. Does anyone know what Tommie's 40 time was? Just wonderin'.

4.25 I think; second on the team only to Lehman who ran a 4.08 at the time.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
2/8/2006, 04:28 PM
4.25 I think; second on the team only to Lehman who ran a 4.08 at the time.

that 4.08 has to be on slow turf. he could tackle guys with just the wind of his passing...

Spray
2/8/2006, 04:34 PM
that 4.08 has to be on slow turf. he could tackle guys with just the wind of his passing...

Ewwww. What was he eating?

Mjcpr
2/8/2006, 04:37 PM
Ewwww. What was he eating?

Lightning bolts and sheet metal, mostly.

Widescreen
2/8/2006, 05:15 PM
Lightning bolts and sheet metal, mostly.
Sheet metal? Pffft. Let me know when he starts eating I-Beams.

OUGreg723
2/8/2006, 07:38 PM
I heard vince young runs a 1 in the 40. HE's just so big and tall it looks like a 4.4

Widescreen
2/9/2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah? Well Texas Tech uses 5 yard splits. So there!!!!!

GottaHavePride
2/9/2006, 12:48 AM
Damn them and their 5 yard splits! But I have a cunning plan... We'll recruit siamese twins as linemen! We could, in effect, have 16 people playing offense at once!

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/9/2006, 12:52 AM
This thread is cracking me up

Hella Sideburns
2/9/2006, 01:52 AM
im pretty sure tommie was a 4.6
As far as our class goes, I would think that walker, moore, maybe roark can play right away on the O-line. Tennell, Murray, and Gresham could play right away on O. McCoy, Patterson, Franks could play right away on D.

Tommie ran a 4.7, but that sped up to a 3.2 if he was chasing a certain bitchass texas wide receiver :P

soonerdave79
2/10/2006, 06:42 PM
Note to self: Never proofread posts before submitting if you want a funny thread.

stoopified
2/11/2006, 06:27 PM
Juco ol and Qb will compete(Halzle as backup) for pt.Fr. ol Roark will go thru spring and has chance to play as well. McCoy should figure in the dt mix if he has Tommies' work ethic.Mensik the te/deep snapper should play( Rice is gone).Patterson juco lb WILL play if eligible.Franks and Nelson will have a chance at cb.Those are the contributors IMHO.

BASSooner
2/11/2006, 09:03 PM
Juco ol and Qb will compete(Halzle as backup) for pt.Fr. ol Roark will go thru spring and has chance to play as well. McCoy should figure in the dt mix if he has Tommies' work ethic.Mensik the te/deep snapper should play( Rice is gone).Patterson juco lb WILL play if eligible.Franks and Nelson will have a chance at cb.Those are the contributors IMHO.
actually Halzle is competing for the starting spot

MojoRisen
2/25/2006, 12:39 PM
6 or so clips - murray reminds me of a slower adrian peterson.

There have been rumors- that Murray hit a 4.35 in a sanctioned timed 40... Teach running technique and he is fasssst.