PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Nevel...Really?

SoonerObsession
2/5/2006, 10:37 PM
Is that the best we can do? It's the freaking Super Bowl! It's our National Anthem! Why? Can somebody tell me why this no talent arse clown gets to sing the our nations anthem at the Super Bowl? He is a terrible singer! Seriously, if someone gave an audition on American Idol with his exact voice, they would never send him through!

pb4ou
2/5/2006, 10:39 PM
did you catch that skit on SNL last night? It was a riot. Horatio Sanz does an excellent Aaron Neville.

SoonerObsession
2/5/2006, 10:48 PM
Horatio kills me when he does Aaron Neville.

pb4ou
2/5/2006, 10:52 PM
the funniest part of that skit last night is when Horatio broke character and started to laugh for a sec

BudSooner
2/5/2006, 10:52 PM
Hell I could barely hear him over Dr John, did someone kill the mic?

achiro
2/5/2006, 11:41 PM
It was the whole Motown thing, wouldn't have seemed right if some nashville star came into Detroit and sang I suppose was the thought.

It did pretty much suck though.

SoonerObsession
2/5/2006, 11:56 PM
Motown's fine. I would have rather seen just about any Motown singer out there other than Mr. Raise and Lower your pitch every other note guy.

proud gonzo
2/6/2006, 12:14 AM
what about aretha?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/6/2006, 12:19 AM
Aaron Neville is from New Orleans, and never has been part of the Motown group. I linda like him , but I don't know of a hit record he's had since "Tell It Like It Is" and "Over You" in the early 1960's. I missed the National Anthem, but I can imagine his rendition...kinda strange, eh?

proud gonzo
2/6/2006, 12:25 AM
Is that the best we can do? It's the freaking Super Bowl! It's our National Anthem! Why? Can somebody tell me why this no talent arse clown gets to sing the our nations anthem at the Super Bowl? He is a terrible singer! Seriously, if someone gave an audition on American Idol with his exact voice, they would never send him through!
so i'm guessing american idol is now the end-all authority on talent and 4 grammy awards mean nothing? :confused:

Rhino
2/6/2006, 12:33 AM
That was crappy.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/6/2006, 01:14 AM
I'd rather have Aaron Neville sing the national anthem than some "flavor of the month" who has a couple of red-hot singles under his/her belt. Like the chick that sang the anthem before the bowl game that we do not speak of. Anyone heard from her lately?

Scott D
2/6/2006, 08:14 AM
I like Aaron Neville's music but yeah, his part of the song bothered me, I was very happy when Aretha Franklin saved it.

Pieces Hit
2/6/2006, 09:23 AM
Yeah, and where was Linda Ronstadt?

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Music/9905/12/country.trio/linda.ronstadt.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
2/6/2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, and where was Linda Ronstadt?

I'm guessing Golden Corral or some other buffet :D

SoonerObsession
2/6/2006, 03:23 PM
so i'm guessing american idol is now the end-all authority on talent and 4 grammy awards mean nothing? :confused:

Actually, it's a contest of amatures, hence I think he is no better than other amatures that he would face on the show. Aaron Neville has 4 grammys? That's astounding to me. I guess there must be a lot of people out there that like to hear the most annoying sounds in the world.

OhU1
2/6/2006, 03:44 PM
I just remember the dude singing about "Cotton being the fabric of our lives" in that commerical they ran about 1000 times in the 90's. All of his songs sound like that commerical to me.

Skysooner
2/6/2006, 03:46 PM
He wasn't bad when he was part of The Neville Brothers. I got to see him and Dr. John in a benefit in New Orleans back in 1991. John Goodman was hosting. Good times.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/6/2006, 06:19 PM
I just remember the dude singing about "Cotton being the fabric of our lives" in that commerical they ran about 1000 times in the 90's. All of his songs sound like that commerical to me.HAR HAR, it was pretty lame(but VERY forgettable).

SoonerObsession
2/6/2006, 10:23 PM
"I don't know much.....but I know he sucks baaaaa aaaa aaaaa aadddd"

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/6/2006, 11:08 PM
It was the whole Motown thing, wouldn't have seemed right if some nashville star came into Detroit and sang I suppose was the thought.

I know, just like if they brought in some British band to do the halftime show in the city that's at the heart of American soul music...

Oh, wait... doh :D