PDA

View Full Version : I think Holmgren stiffed Cowher and...

Soonerus
2/5/2006, 10:27 PM
...ran off of the field tonight without shaking hands...maybe I missed it but did not see the traditional post game handshake....

JohnnyMack
2/5/2006, 10:28 PM
...ran off of the field tonight without shaking hands...maybe I missed it but did not see the traditional post game handshake....

I saw that too, but it looked to me like the suits herded Cowher off to one end of the field and he was straining his neck back towards the field of play to see what his players/the Seattle players/everyone else was doing.

Can't imagine Holmgen would do that, but who knows?

Soonerus
2/5/2006, 10:30 PM
I can imagine it after the poor officiating all night...still it's bad sportsmanship...

tbl
2/5/2006, 10:35 PM
It sure did seem like that. I know he was ticked about the calls, but agreed that it was in bad taste to leave Cower hanging... if that was the case.

Soonerus
2/5/2006, 10:37 PM
Notice no interviews from the losing locker room...weird...

Ground_Attack
2/5/2006, 10:38 PM
I don't know if he did or didn't but why should he be ****ed at Cowher. I can understand being ****ed at the officials, but Cowher didn't do anyting.

FlatheadSooner
2/5/2006, 10:39 PM
Holmgren had reason to be ****ed. Don't know if he was the culprit finale.

Soonerus
2/5/2006, 10:41 PM
I have a feeling we may hear more about this in the press coverage...

bluedogok
2/5/2006, 10:49 PM
Notice no interviews from the losing locker room...weird...
Maybe Paul Allen doesn't want any of those FedEx packages from the league office with requests for payment due to all of the talk of officiating from the coaches or players.

OUthunder
2/5/2006, 10:49 PM
If he doesn't mention the officiating in his post game, I'd be shocked.

Duke o Brewery
2/5/2006, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure I heard Cower say "Where's Mike?" at one point as he was walking toward midfield and straining to look around.

wishbonesooner
2/5/2006, 11:26 PM
I thought Cowher was looking for Holmgren to shake hands, I never saw it happen. Holmgren is a low class bum if he didn't shake Cowher's hand.

tbl
2/5/2006, 11:30 PM
Yet another reason why the NFL needed the Steelers to win this game. Cower is MUCH more likable than Holmgren.

RacerX
2/5/2006, 11:37 PM
Wash, rinse, repeat.

SOONER44EVER
2/6/2006, 12:19 AM
I saw that too, but it looked to me like the suits herded Cowher off to one end of the field and he was straining his neck back towards the field of play to see what his players/the Seattle players/everyone else was doing.

Can't imagine Holmgen would do that, but who knows?
Thats the way it looked to me too.

Big Red Ron
2/6/2006, 12:24 AM
The Steelers are going to be even better next season.

tennsooner
2/6/2006, 05:50 AM
The Steelers are going to be even better next season.So you are thinking they will take a ref or perhaps a line judge with their first pick?:D :) :D

snp
2/6/2006, 09:35 AM
Calm down, francis. Holmgreen went to the locker room and shook his hand afterwards. It's kinda hard to find people on that field.

picasso
2/6/2006, 10:12 AM
they weren't that good this year.

Doged
2/6/2006, 10:40 AM
Wouldn't be the first time Holmgren pouted and refused to shake after a game. He did the same thing to The King.

Big Red Ron
2/6/2006, 10:45 AM
they weren't that good this year.Just sayin' if they can win the Super Bowl before their QB has matured and their defense is still getting better....watch out in 2007.

GrapevineSooner
2/6/2006, 11:13 AM
All you people getting your panties in a bunch over Homlgren need to settle down if he met and shook hands with Cowher after the game.

I did hear him being interviewed by Jim Gray after the game and he took the higher ground by not blaming the officiating. He did say it was uncharacteristic for Seattle to have so many dropped passes and make that many mistakes. But when Jim pressed him to say that this result was more because of the mistakes Seattle created than anything Pittsburgh did, he said (paraphrasing) "I don't want to do that to the Steeler organization. They're a class act and they won".

SteelCitySooner
2/6/2006, 11:27 AM
they weren't that good this year.

Are you joking? They won 3 games on the road beating the #1, 2, and 3 seeds in the toughest conference in the league, then won the Superbowl. Steelers deserved this championship.. If they weren't "that good" they sure as hell were better than everyone else they played in the playoffs.

Duke o Brewery
2/6/2006, 05:53 PM
Are you joking? They won 3 games on the road beating the #1, 2, and 3 seeds in the toughest conference in the league, then won the Superbowl. Steelers deserved this championship.. If they weren't "that good" they sure as hell were better than everyone else they played in the playoffs.

Hear, hear!

Texas Golfer
2/7/2006, 05:44 AM

I don't know about that because they're over their salary cap and they have five free agents next year.