PDA

View Full Version : The stuper bowl was disgusting

Sooner Eclipse
2/5/2006, 10:08 PM
I don't have a dog in that hunt, but the officiating was absolutely terrible.
The head official is a spineless putz.

This was almost as bad as watching the Rosebowl.

Soonerus
2/5/2006, 10:10 PM
I agree with your first paragraph....

SOONER44EVER
2/5/2006, 10:10 PM
What was worse? The officiating, the National Anthem, the commercials or the game itself?

Sooner Eclipse
2/5/2006, 10:12 PM
What was worse? The officiating, the National Anthem, the commercials or the game itself?

In a word, YES.

ProdigyDub
2/5/2006, 10:12 PM
This was almost as bad as watching the Rosebowl.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sooner Eclipse
2/5/2006, 10:15 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I meant that the mere act of watching the rosebowl made me ill, not because of the game but who was in it.

I don't care for either team. (Just like the RB) But Seattle got horse****ed. Maybe Madden should put them in the horse trailer.

Ground_Attack
2/5/2006, 10:15 PM
meaning quite nauseating.

Bama/OU
2/5/2006, 10:18 PM
Seattle got f**ked badly. I guess someone had to make sure the media darlings came out victorous.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2006, 10:23 PM
National Anthem = bad.
Halftime = bad.
Officiating = bad.
Game itself = bad.
My homemade hot wings = overcooked.

:mad:

What a shi*ty evening.

rainiersooner
2/5/2006, 10:23 PM
I don't have a dog in that hunt, but the officiating was absolutely terrible.
The head official is a spineless putz.

So in addition to my job as a Sooner fan, I moonlight as a Seahawks fan. I don't really care about them that much, but being from Seattle, I did tonight. That was some **** poor officiating. The offenseive pass interference call? Really??!! The holding call when Stevens catches it at the one? Those are really bad, game changing calls. I'm glad someone else has said it, because I was afraid I was biased.

wishbonesooner
2/5/2006, 10:30 PM
So when did Ron Woods start playing more lead than Keith?

FlatheadSooner
2/5/2006, 10:31 PM
National Anthem = bad.
Halftime = bad.
Officiating = bad.
Game itself = bad.

What a shi*ty evening.

My wings were perfect. Everything else was pure bull-$%^@&!
But, that's the way things roll. Would have loved for Seattle to have won, but the better team won.
:O

RacerX
2/5/2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah Steelers!

Ground_Attack
2/5/2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah Steelers!

nice retort to questionable officiating.

tbl
2/5/2006, 10:38 PM
Questionable?!?!? How about **** poor!

RacerX
2/5/2006, 10:43 PM
nice retort to questionable officiating.

Yeah Steelers!

OUinFLA
2/5/2006, 11:11 PM
National Anthem = bad.
Halftime = bad.
Officiating = bad.
Game itself = bad.

What a shi*ty evening.

That's really sad about your wings. :(

The rest just sux.

Sooner Eclipse
2/5/2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah StEAlers!

Fixed it for ya..;)

bspoke1
2/5/2006, 11:58 PM
I'm so glad to to see that the TT-OU refs were calling the SB.NOT!!!!! IF you are a stellers fan you should feel ashamed.:confused:

Veritas
2/6/2006, 12:07 AM
I didn't care who won, but Seattle got jobbed straight up.

That aside, I like the Bus, even though he's from Notre Dame, so cool for him.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/6/2006, 12:33 AM
I'm just glad that ABC's no longer in the NFL broadcasting business.

Except for a couple of plays here and there, fairly dull game. Except for a couple of good commercials, the ads were fairly inane. ABC still has to promote the heck out of that crappy "Lost" series, especially with that Robert Palmer "Addicted to Love" bit (although the "Desperate Housewives" ad with Shaq, Leinart and Hugh Hefner was pretty clever). And all the ABC/ESPN/Disney corporate synergy was once again on full display, from the pregame shows to the ads themselves. I will say that for the most part the pregame show was pretty good, although we were subjected to a trillion Jessica Simpson shilling for Pizza Hut ads.

I can't wait for NBC to return to the NFL fold, even though they won't get the Super Bowl for another three years.

Tidefan36854
2/6/2006, 12:34 AM
So when did Ron Woods start playing more lead than Keith?

HAHA! I mentioned the same thing to my wife. I'm not even sure Keith's guitar was even on! It just didn't look right.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/6/2006, 12:39 AM
HAHA! I mentioned the same thing to my wife. I'm not even sure Keith's guitar was even on! It just didn't look right.
Did anyone else think that Mick Jagger needed a longer shirttail? Seeing him in that low-cut shirt was rather disturbing.:eek:

SOONER44EVER
2/6/2006, 12:44 AM
Did anyone else think that Mick Jagger needed a longer shirttail? Seeing him in that low-cut shirt was rather disturbing.:eek:
I hope I can still run around like that when I'm 100. :D

shavedmarmoset
2/6/2006, 02:56 AM
I really liked the emerald nuts commercial.

Eagle-eyed Machete Enthusiasts Recognize A Little Druid Networking Under The Stairs.

Just brilliant.

OKC-SLC
2/6/2006, 03:19 AM
Just a couple of comments from me:

Mick Jagger is old.

The Stones wouldn't get a gig at a whorehouse in Lubbock if they had to depend on their sound/stage presence of today and not their name.

Mick Jagger just got older, still.

NormanPride
2/6/2006, 08:51 AM
I think the thing people forget about the PI call in the endzone was that it happened right in front of an official. Good acting by the DB, bad play by the WR, and the ref right there means you usually get that call. With the arm straight out, it was pretty obvious.

No, the refs weren't perfect, but don't pretend like Seattle was just driving all over the field while the evil little refs stole everything from them. The Seattle QB didn't know what was going on, Alexander broke maybe one run over ten yards, and the WRs and TEs were dropping balls all over the place.

I'm not pro-Steelers, but hearing all the whining just irritates me. Pittsburgh played the better game last night, and the ball was just bouncing their way.

Oh, and the halftime show scared me. I think my friend's kid was crying the whole time. Zombies = bad.

mrowl
2/6/2006, 09:13 AM
That game was horrible to watch, everything was suck, boring, all of it.

SoonerGators
2/6/2006, 10:14 AM
this super bowl is further proof that college football > the nfl

BASSooner
2/6/2006, 10:35 AM
That game was more than just disgusting, it was flat out retarded.

Herr Scholz
2/6/2006, 10:41 AM
Bad game except for a few big plays. Aaron Neville was terrible. Steelers got all the calls. Mick Jagger sure can dance for a 70 year old. Keith Richards looks surprisingly lifelike in a 'Weekend at Bernie's' kind of way. I didn't even notice the wires holding him up an moving his apendages.

BASSooner
2/6/2006, 10:43 AM
plus the refs took away about 20 points away from the seahawks. I mean if they lost by 1 to the steelers...eh thats alright, well played game but wow, I though our officials were bad...

FaninAma
2/6/2006, 11:00 AM
Again, the timing of the calls were very suspicious. How many oher holding or OPI calls were made the rest of the game? It doesn't take many calls to change the complexion of the game. I was hoping the Seahawks scored a TD at the end just to see what the refs would do since the line was -4. I guarantee you that no way in hell would the Seahawks have been allowed to make the 2 point conversion.