PDA

View Full Version : I predict...

NickZeppelin
2/5/2006, 05:05 PM
That this men's BBall team wins out in the regular season and atleast ends up a Sweet 16 team in the NCAA Tourney. We showed we can beat anyone on the road in the country today just didn't get it done. Our team will learn from it and beat Texas and Oklahoma State and win out.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:08 PM
thanks for a positive post.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/5/2006, 05:10 PM
Until this team and its coaches realize there are 40 minutes to a regulation game then we are in trouble.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:11 PM
It aint hard to figure that out when something like this happens.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:12 PM
this game doesn't make us a worse team. The polls will say that but we should have blown them out at there home. Even coming out with a 1 point loss wouldn't have been that bad had we not had a huge lead.

NickZeppelin
2/5/2006, 05:13 PM
The coaching wasn't the problem. Why do you think all the time outs were gone with 3 minutes left? They did all they coach coaching the game. But the players didn't know how to get it done. But this game will give em confidence. The OSU game is huge for us because OSU will play their asses off and need the win more then we do. But I say we win it then we win our home games and beat Texas on the road. I like our matchup against Texas' zone.

oumartin
2/5/2006, 05:14 PM
nick and his sense of humor

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:16 PM
I think that losing that game made us a better team than winning it big. We proably learned a lot and will come out strong. The loss will just hurt our seeding.

Sooner24
2/5/2006, 05:16 PM
Nick I will bet you a large pizza that this team neither wins out the regular season or makes the Sweet Sixteen. For you to win all they have to do is one of the two. For me to win they have to fail at both.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:18 PM
I doubt they win out the season (they might) but I think they will make it to at least the sweet sixteen.

BarryBnds
2/5/2006, 05:21 PM
I think that losing that game made us a better team than winning it big.

:eek: Was this a joke?

PrideTrombone
2/5/2006, 05:21 PM
Nick I will bet you a large pizza that this team neither wins out the regular season or makes the Sweet Sixteen. For you to win all they have to do is one of the two. For me to win they have to fail at both.

I'd like to make the same bet.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:22 PM
I think it will make us a stronger team. It sucks it happened though.

BarryBnds
2/5/2006, 05:25 PM
I think it will make us a stronger team. It sucks it happened though.

A few more of these close losses and we'll be the toughest NIT team around. I think the confidence from finally beating KU up there could've been a springboard to a nice end to the season and another first round loss in the NCAA's. Now it's a certainty that we will be bounced in the first round by a very good team instead of another Indiana school.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:32 PM
I didn't say it wouldn't hurt us I just said we could end up a better team. If we just lose one more conference game and lose in the Big 12 Tournament we would still be 23-7ish going into the NCAA tournament.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:35 PM
If we lost to Texas and won our remaining games and won the big 12 tournament we would be like 25-6 which could easily get us a 3 seed.

TripleOption14
2/5/2006, 05:38 PM

I'll double that bet and even call it in from Columbus if i lose!!

BarryBnds
2/5/2006, 05:39 PM
You are correct in everything you say. If this and If that. I just don't see us accomplishing all those If's. What has this team showed you that they could get or even deserve a 3 seed? They are barely a 3 seed in the Big XII.

CtheB
2/5/2006, 05:39 PM
That this men's BBall team wins out in the regular season and atleast ends up a Sweet 16 team in the NCAA Tourney. We showed we can beat anyone on the road in the country today just didn't get it done. Our team will learn from it and beat Texas and Oklahoma State and win out.

Before we get too optimistic, please realize this KU team came into the game with 6 losses, one of them to Gay State at home. They started three freshman and two sophomores today. Just as 2005 was the year to take the Sooners out in football, 2005-2006 was the year to take out KU in hoops. We didn't.

In other words, the losing streak will be 15 years after our next trip to Lawrence.

Sooner24
2/5/2006, 05:40 PM
Coming home from Dallas after the SMU game I predicted an 8-8 conference record. Right now I would say 9-7.

NickZeppelin
2/5/2006, 07:55 PM
Before we get too optimistic, please realize this KU team came into the game with 6 losses, one of them to Gay State at home. They started three freshman and two sophomores today. Just as 2005 was the year to take the Sooners out in football, 2005-2006 was the year to take out KU in hoops. We didn't.

In other words, the losing streak will be 15 years after our next trip to Lawrence.

In KU's last 5 games they avearged 90 points a game.

CtheB
2/5/2006, 10:10 PM
In KU's last 5 games they avearged 90 points a game.

Looks like they can win with only 59.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2006, 10:25 PM
The coaching wasn't the problem. Why do you think all the time outs were gone with 3 minutes left? They did all they coach coaching the game. But the players didn't know how to get it done. But this game will give em confidence. The OSU game is huge for us because OSU will play their asses off and need the win more then we do. But I say we win it then we win our home games and beat Texas on the road. I like our matchup against Texas' zone.

Hey are you Mork for Ork? Did you just get dropped down on earth in a fu*king egg? Is this all new to you?

Some of us have seen this for a decade or so now and can tell you it might go a little bit beyond the players on the court.

longhorn gdc
2/5/2006, 10:31 PM
I think UT will be the first school in history to be national champs in three major sports simultaneously.

CtheB
2/5/2006, 10:51 PM
gdc...once it actually happens, will you guys go away for 35 years like you did last time?

longhorn gdc
2/5/2006, 11:13 PM
heh:texan:

bigdsooner
2/6/2006, 12:38 AM
ya lucky its not tuesday whorn ;)

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/6/2006, 09:39 AM
A few more of these close losses and we'll be the toughest NIT team around. I think the confidence from finally beating KU up there could've been a springboard to a nice end to the season and another first round loss in the NCAA's. Now it's a certainty that we will be bounced in the first round by a very good team instead of another Indiana school.

Dude, did you mom drown all your kittens in flaxseed oil when you were a kid? You're ticked off about us blowing a 16 point lead and losing at KU. I'm with you. The next positive post you make though will be your first.

NickZeppelin
2/12/2006, 12:00 AM
Still 6 games to go. It looks pretty safe so far.

oumartin
2/12/2006, 12:11 AM
um, If they get by Wednesday it will look better but no way they win in Austin.

NickZeppelin
2/12/2006, 10:44 AM
I think we match up well against Texas.

stoopified
2/12/2006, 07:20 PM
Nick I will bet you a large pizza that this team neither wins out the regular season or makes the Sweet Sixteen. For you to win all they have to do is one of the two. For me to win they have to fail at both.I'll take some of that action.I think can do either or both.Maybe I'm just a homer but I have a gut feeling.

oumartin
2/12/2006, 07:35 PM
Look, just as long as they don't play a 13th seed in the first round they'll win one game in the touney

KC//CRIMSON
2/12/2006, 07:44 PM

How's he supposed to buy you a pizza? He's never worked a day in his life.

Bevo-Stevo
2/13/2006, 11:24 AM
I think we match up well against Texas.
ou will not....no way in hell, beat Texas down here. Hook 'Em!!