PDA

View Full Version : Positive vibe...

CtheB
2/5/2006, 04:31 PM
I am sure proud that we built a 16 point lead today at Kansas. That was a great showing for us on a near national broadcast. That's now four quality leads and one quality win on our resume. We're going to the DANCE BABY!

Welcome to Towson State basketball.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/5/2006, 04:36 PM
Do I detect a bit of Chicken Little in your post?

Gosh, and just when I thought you had turned the corner...

CtheB
2/5/2006, 04:39 PM
Jay:

How can you say that? That's an unfair shot. I was just saying that building a 16 point lead at the Phog on a near-national broadcast was impressive, no matter what the game ended like.

I'm being as positive as I can be. :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/5/2006, 04:42 PM
The pressure is off the b-ball team, now that the football recruits have been signed.

CtheB
2/5/2006, 04:45 PM
...true, and just when I was beginning to tell all my Asshorn buddies that we were now a basketball school.

Jay C. Upchurch
2/5/2006, 04:53 PM
unfortunately, it was the "Towson State' thing that gave you away...

BarryBnds
2/5/2006, 04:59 PM

Actually it was the 16 point lead that coach Denim gave away.

birddog
2/5/2006, 05:28 PM
I see "Coach Denim" in everyone of your posts. We get it dude. It's funny. He wears a blue denim shirt... I'd rather you call him Calvin Simpson.:rolleyes:

BarryBnds
2/5/2006, 05:30 PM
I see "Coach Denim" in everyone of your posts. We get it dude. It's funny. He wears a blue denim shirt... I'd rather you call him Calvin Simpson.:rolleyes:

I'd rather him win games that he's supposed to win.

CtheB
2/5/2006, 05:33 PM

The Towson State comparison merely states that the OU program is happy with 20 win seasons, an occasional regular season or conf tourney title, and an appearance in the Big Dance. Winning it all, or advancing to the Sweet 16 more often than not, is not of importance. Just like Towson State. It's not a slam, but an accurate representation of the expectations of Sooner basketball.

NUSooner
2/6/2006, 02:49 AM
I'd rather him win games that he's supposed to win.

Not to say that we shouldn't have won once we got up by 16, because we absolutely should have...but we covered the spread, and we were underdogs...not quite a game we're "supposed to win".

jdsooner
2/6/2006, 03:00 AM
If you like Coach Sampson, you might enjoy this website:
http://www.allcoachnetwork.com/sampson/bio.html

BarryBnds
2/6/2006, 09:25 AM
Not to say that we shouldn't have won once we got up by 16, because we absolutely should have...but we covered the spread, and we were underdogs...not quite a game we're "supposed to win".

Covered the spread????? Who gives a flying F*$@ about Vegas. You give any coach the talent that he has and start the game with 8 minutes to go and say OK you have a 16 point lead and no one would squander it as fast as Kelvin. You are supposed to win a game when you are in that position. I don't care if we covered the lock of the week or whatever.

NUSooner
2/6/2006, 12:52 PM
Covered the spread????? Who gives a flying F*$@ about Vegas. You give any coach the talent that he has and start the game with 8 minutes to go and say OK you have a 16 point lead and no one would squander it as fast as Kelvin. You are supposed to win a game when you are in that position. I don't care if we covered the lock of the week or whatever.

I didn't say that we shouldn't have won when we were up 16 points. Absolutely we should have won and it was an embarrassing loss that I don't think many will forget in a long time...that's why people are upset, and it's understandable (at least for me, some can't fathom getting mad). I was just saying, we weren't projected to win the game before the game, so to say we were supposed to win might not be so accurate from that standpoint. Without the context, losing by one on the road to Kansas would not be encouraging, but understandable. Unfortunately, we all know the context.

MojoRisen
2/6/2006, 02:22 PM
What a Shiatty loss- hell if we had won by 16 people wouldn't be all over Sampson like this..

I am not going to take this opportunity to kick em after a loss like that- I am sure he f'n knows that is not acceptable. & that he screwed the pooch.

Better this way than 7-1 and thinking we have a legit shot at the final 4- we are a dangerous team- but I am not going to get my guts torn out for them - tooooooo streaky and not consistent.

That is a tough way to loose a game- winning 5 of the last 6 people wouldn't be crying to hard. I hope this loss doesn't put the team in a coma....

F'n what a way to loose a game......