PDA

View Full Version : So the refs nicknames are"Phog" huh?

OU_Sooners75
2/5/2006, 03:16 PM
because they are the reason KU won that game!

mosoon
2/5/2006, 03:29 PM
coaching, pure and simple.

The way the Refs called the game worked to OU's advantage - they allowed everyone to bruise it up, which plays right in to OU's hands. Thus the 16 point lead.

Self worked his players the entire game until they started playing rough at the end. Good coaching on his part. Notice he benched 3 of his starters around the 10 minute mark and let them watch the game, I'm sure he was telling them "fellas, go mix it up."

Don't blame the refs, direct your blame were it belongs.

OU_Sooners75
2/5/2006, 03:35 PM
coaching, pure and simple.

The way the Refs called the game worked to OU's advantage - they allowed everyone to bruise it up, which plays right in to OU's hands. Thus the 16 point lead.

Self worked his players the entire game until they started playing rough at the end. Good coaching on his part. Notice he benched 3 of his starters around the 10 minute mark and let them watch the game, I'm sure he was telling them "fellas, go mix it up."

Don't blame the refs, direct your blame were it belongs.

Lets see here....

A clear charge that wasnt called, that gave KU the win.
a Foul called against KU when Gray was going for the shot...yet it was called on the floor.
Everett double teamed and ran over to get KU within 2 points.

I never seen OU flatout running people over down the stretch.

mosoon
2/5/2006, 03:39 PM
Lets see here....

a Foul called against KU when Gray was going for the shot...yet it was called on the floor.

The refs let both teams play all day. Self took advantage of it at the end. Kalvin did not. The way this game was called should have worked for OU, typically a closely called game is how OU loses in Lawrence.

Coaching. Nothing more or less.

OU_Sooners75
2/5/2006, 03:57 PM
The refs let both teams play all day. Self took advantage of it at the end. Kalvin did not. The way this game was called should have worked for OU, typically a closely called game is how OU loses in Lawrence.

If that makes you feel better, then continue to think so.

OUstud
2/5/2006, 10:56 PM
Neal appeared to be fouled on that last shot...I mean, I was in the last level of a corner in Allen Fieldhouse, but he was shooting in my corner, and it looked like a hack...

TheHumanAlphabet
2/6/2006, 12:03 AM
The last shot by KU I thought was a push off, and a charge. No call. I didn't watch more than the last minute. I thought a 16 point lead was safe.

colleyvillesooner
2/6/2006, 09:55 AM

For someone so concerned with the coaching, you might want to spell his name right. Or maybe you are spelling it wrong on purpose, which is worse.

1stTimeCaller
2/6/2006, 09:58 AM
we talkin' bout that Simpson fella?
;)

TheHumanAlphabet
2/6/2006, 10:15 AM
For someone so concerned with the coaching, you might want to spell his name right. Or maybe you are spelling it wrong on purpose, which is worse.

yeah, if you are working the inside joke... its Calvin, otherwise its Kelvin...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/6/2006, 10:18 AM
Lets see here....

I thought the game was called pretty well given it was at KU where you seldom will get a call, with the exception of the exact 3 plays you mention above, especially the push off that wasn't called.

That doesn't excuse how we blew a 16-point lead but I think it any of those calls go our way we likely win.

Sooner04
2/6/2006, 12:50 PM
You're never going to get the benefit of the calls in Allen.

All the plays you mentioned came after the team let a 16-point lead evaporate in a matter of minutes. If you're relying on a call here or there to win after blowing a lead that big then you deserve to lose.

We needed to play like we're sporting a big set of nuts but instead we played like a team whose wobblers were the size of Thanksgiving corn niblets.

GrapevineSooner
2/6/2006, 01:12 PM
It might have helped if Taj hadn't tried to go up so deep under the bucket.

As much as those no-calls late bug me, the refs were pretty consistent. And as mosoon mentioned, KU did a better job of adapting to the officiating than our guys did.

pinguinno83
2/6/2006, 05:48 PM
In case you weren't in the fourth row of the student section, like me, it might have been hard to see that the refs blew calls the entire game. The only thing that would have been fair in that case is to call it poorly both ways, which they certainly didn't do for the first 33 minutes. I'm a KU fan, and I'll be the first to admit that some of the calls late in the second half might have been blown, but the variety of missed calls favoring OU before that (goal tending, shot clock violation, missed fouls, backcourt violation, Terrell Everett doing everything possible to push off whoever was guarding him) more than made up for that. Ultimately it comes down to this: the baby hawks outplayed the OU seniors when it counted.

jayhawknation
2/6/2006, 06:30 PM
Don't blame the refs....Blowing a 16 point lead is what you should blame this on. This was a very physical game on both ends! Plenty of no calls for both teams. The refs let them play the whole game and wasn't going to decide the game on the free-throw line!
RockChalkJayhawk Go KU!!!