PDA

View Full Version : losing leads, when will this team learn?

ouradu
2/5/2006, 03:13 PM
Is this team just so mentally weak that it consistently can't figure out how to finish people off? Huge lead today blown, this after we blew a 9 point lead early. We blew leads of double digits against Villanova, Texas Tech (to barely hold on), Missouri, Nebraska, Tulsa (to barely hold on). No lead is safe with us. We just shut it down. It's like we convince ourselves the games over and the other team is goign to fold. But you'd think after so much experience we'd learn to finish people off.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/5/2006, 03:26 PM
Is this team just so mentally weak that it consistently can't figure out how to finish people off? Huge lead today blown, this after we blew a 9 point lead early. We blew leads of double digits against Villanova, Texas Tech (to barely hold on), Missouri, Nebraska, Tulsa (to barely hold on). No lead is safe with us. We just shut it down. It's like we convince ourselves the games over and the other team is goign to fold. But you'd think after so much experience we'd learn to finish people off.Well said. We were like that in football, this year, too.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 03:27 PM
When were we like that in football? That wasn't a problem.

Dio
2/5/2006, 03:42 PM
When were we like that in football? That wasn't a problem.

Baylor & A&M, just off the top of my head.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/5/2006, 04:07 PM
Baylor & A&M, just off the top of my head.Plus Nebraska and Oregon. We won those games, but had to pull them out at the last minute, and luck is always a factor when you cut it that close.

ouradu
2/5/2006, 04:11 PM
Gotta have a killer instinct to be up and still be on the attack. When they cut it to 13 you could just sense it was coming.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 05:04 PM
well. we beat them. We came back on Tech (beat them:mad:) and the Oregon game we were supposed to lose and we never blew a big lead.

Sooner Schemer
2/6/2006, 11:42 AM
It's not just this team.
I remember us blowing a 20+ lead to Texas on senior night a couple of years ago. And nearly blowing huge leads that same year at home versus KU and in the Big 12 Tournament Championship game against Missouri.

The common denominator is coaching.
Specifically, the Sampson Stall.

The backetball version of Gary Gibbs, sitting on a lead and playing not to lose