PDA

View Full Version : Meltdown

JohnnyMack
2/5/2006, 03:08 PM
What an epic failure of coaching AND execution.

I really tire of getting behind this team and trying to see the positives when year after year they tear my heart out with play like this.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2006, 03:09 PM
In. We had that game locked down.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2006, 03:10 PM
Damn you, gay ponies!

Eielson
2/5/2006, 03:11 PM
That reffing was pathetic. Everytime Gray went up he got the crap knocked out of him. He would get fouled like three times everytime he went up. There was also 4 points from two different charges not called.

william_brasky
2/5/2006, 03:14 PM
Blaming officiating on that loss is pathetic.

OU stopped attacking on the offensive end. Same stuff every year. Let the point man dribble around, everyone else stand around and watch the point try to make a play. I liken it to the prevent defense in football.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 03:15 PM
Did you see those charges? Did you see Gray getting fouled?

sooner518
2/5/2006, 03:16 PM
the charge on that play that had the followup dunk was absolutely atrocious.

but then again, we cant let them get that close in the first place. unbelievable

william_brasky
2/5/2006, 03:17 PM
Those "charges" you speak of could've gone either way. Just because someone falls to the floor doesn't automatically mean it's a charge.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 03:19 PM
when a guy puts his knee into you and you fall over it is a charge. there were 3 charges and 1 I thought could go either way but it was definately not a no call situation.

crawfish
2/5/2006, 03:20 PM
Listen...you're both right.

OU shouldn't have been in the position they were in. It is OU's fault they were in the position to make a no-call matter so much.

However, a couple of those charges were egregious, especially that last one. The guy doesn't get the shot off without a shove.

Frozen Sooner
2/5/2006, 03:24 PM
OU was plenty aggressive once the lead got under 10. The KU defenders got equally agressive. I'm pretty sure I saw Sascha Kuan with a knife telling Taj to hand over his money a couple of times.

Oh, well. Chalk up a tough loss and move on to Stillwater. Gotta share in the tough if you want to share in the good.

Cam
2/5/2006, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Sascha Kuan with a knife telling Taj to hand over his money a couple of times.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ruuuuuufus
2/5/2006, 03:29 PM
We're a very aggressive team inside. Today Kansas did to us what we've been doing for a long time by pushing and holding down low and getting away with it. For some reason we were having some problems doing the same thing and they got alot of offensive boards compared to a usual OU opponent. Kahn did no more to Gray than Bookout did to Aldridge last week.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 03:30 PM
I don't agree with that.

mosoon
2/5/2006, 03:32 PM
We're a very aggressive team inside. Today Kansas did to us what we've been doing for a long time by pushing and holding down low and getting away with it. For some reason we were having some problems doing the same thing and they got alot of offensive boards compared to a usual OU opponent. Kahn did no more to Gray than Bookout did to Aldridge last week.

Brilliant, really. Notice that KU really didn't get aggressive until the end. Up until that point, the way the refs called the game actually worked to OU's advantage. Self benched 3-4 of his starters around the 10 minute mark, and I'm sure he told them, "watch what's going on out there, get out there and mix it up."

Self is a heck of coach, when he was at Tulsa, they were the best team in the state. Heck, when he was at ORU I think they beat OU, or played the Sooners really close. Self>Kalvin.

Eielson
2/5/2006, 03:33 PM
A lot of Kansas fans hate Self.

mosoon
2/5/2006, 03:36 PM
A lot of Kansas fans hate Self.

Not today.

SoonerDood
2/5/2006, 03:36 PM
Self is a heck of coach, when he was at Tulsa, they were the best team in the state. Heck, when he was at ORU I think they beat OU, or played the Sooners really close. Self>Kalvin.
if by close you mean 87-53, then yeah close. No wonder you all hate Kelvin's 8-point wins at home.

JohnnyMack
2/5/2006, 03:39 PM
After the Rose Bowl :mack: made a comment to the effect that VY only became great once they stopped coaching him.

Last Saturday against Saxet our basketball team played with a very loose, freewheeling attitude. They were having fun, executed well and in the end cruised to a relatively easy win over a terrific program. Today we faced a team that although talented, is one that isn't near Saxet in terms of ability. And we lost, and looked sh*t in doing so.

I thought they looked totally overcoached today. Totally uncomfortable once they got a big lead. Kelvin put the breaks on and once again our stand around half-court offense was our demise.

And for those of you that will come at me with the argument that it wasn't Kelvin out there throwing balls away and missing shots, I'll agree with you. But that kind of play has been happening for a lot longer than the current players have been on campus.

Snyder Cyclone
2/5/2006, 03:46 PM
Will make sure I don't waste any more beautiful weekends watching this bunch of overrated underachievers blow another win. Typical OU loss. Play hard for 30 minutes, put yourself in position to win, then exhibit no killer-instinct and allow the other team to come back for the win. Great FREAKIN job, sooners. The final shot strategy of allowing one player to dribble away the final seconds while the other four sooners stand spectating does not work against good defensive teams. But Sampson allows it to happen every time.

okienole3
2/5/2006, 03:57 PM
How did we let time run down and have Everett take such a horrible shot leaving us only 1.6 seconds once we got a jump ball?

Eielson
2/5/2006, 04:55 PM
the picture on OUInsider sums the end of the game up.

Octavian
2/5/2006, 05:06 PM
Will make sure I don't waste any more beautiful weekends watching this bunch of overrated underachievers blow another win.

Im sure that'd be fine w/ those 19-22 yr old "overrated underachievers"...now you have more time to go shop for new panties or do whatever girls do on Saturdays instead of backing your favorite program.

Typical OU loss....Great FREAKIN job, sooners.

red.

Snyder Cyclone
2/5/2006, 09:49 PM
No, Octavian, that's the problem. We play like GIRLS and can't finish the game. Good teams can finish. Go play with your own panties !

bluedogok
2/5/2006, 10:04 PM
I can't stand watching the 10 minute scoring droughts anymore, so I don't watch it much anymore.

boomersooner82
2/5/2006, 10:33 PM
I burned my house down in rage... it just stopped smoldering.

Octavian
2/5/2006, 10:39 PM
We play like GIRLS and can't finish the game. Good teams can finish.

Texas is a pretty good team. We played them recently and that game is finished....short memory.

Allen Field House isnt exactly a cakewalk. We lost...its not even mid-February yet. Stop crying.

Snyder Cyclone
2/6/2006, 11:11 AM
Yeah, that was a good victory. We won because we kept the hammer down and kept the pressure on them till the end. If they couldn't win at Allen Fieldhouse against that Jayhawk team, it won't happen anytime soon. Not crying, OU's previous championship teams, wouldn't have allowed that victory to slip away.

MojoRisen
2/6/2006, 11:50 AM
The truth of the matter is we blow leads weather it is Kansas, WV, Nova, Nebraska, Mizzou.

Truth hurts- and that is coaching- can't blow leads- 5 leads blown is worse than 3 strikes your out.. I don't know if it will ever stop.. Plus we almost blew leads on A&M, Tech

That is all I have to say- blow leads yeah coach can't do anything about that...