PDA

View Full Version : So how do I get in on an IPO?

batonrougesooner
2/5/2006, 10:45 AM
I'm not a big investor by any means. I'm in the debt reduction stage of my life right now and not actively investing money with the exception of a couple mutual funds I invest in monthly through my job.

It is my understanding that most, if not all, IPO's tend to be reserved for the select few "good" customers of the various brokerage firms. How does a little guy like myself get a piece of the action?

I'm not talking Google here and I'm not looking at investing $50,000. But I read yesterday that a company I am very familiar with and use daily in my work is planning an IPO next week. I think they will fly under the radar of most investment types because they provide specific professional services in the medical industry. I think this may be one of those few "can't miss" opportunities because this company's business model is very revolutionary and proven in my personal experience.

jk the sooner fan
2/5/2006, 10:51 AM
you can have your own IPOD, everybody's buying them....

Stanley1
I'd just call a brokerage firm early next week and see if they'll let you in on their stock. They very well might, especially if you go to them with the idea.

JohnnyMack
I love IHOP, they have stuffed French toast.