PDA

View Full Version : Humor on the osu Board

jdsooner
2/5/2006, 02:09 AM
They are very unhappy about the biased media coverage:
http://mb28.scout.com/fosuinsiderfrm1.showMessageRange?topicID=19407.top ic&start=1&stop=20

The gloves are off!!

The DOu is doing everything it can to counterbalance the huge OSU coverage thanks to Boone's huge donation.
The athletic village and stadium project along with an avalanche of other donations have been like pouring gasoline and lighting a fire on an ant hill as far as the Gaylord Family Sooner Machine is concerned.

Plus, the most recent, OU basketball infractions have been avoided as long as possible by OU media outlets to the point of losing even more respect as a real journalistic enterprise....as if they had any left.

They're scrambling for damage control.

The momentum switch has thrown the Sooner propaganda machine into high gear. If there's nothing positive coming in, then throw some mud OSU's way.

I would say that if the second coming of Christ was on February 2, the Daily OUklahoman would have Jesus, page 2.

There's no fairness in coverage. There never was. There never will be in OKC.
Tulsa isn't much better either.

The only way we can get back at the media bias in OKC and Tulsa is to become one force, united in our cause. Do not support Gaylord media nor it's advertisers.
Send a message to the management/owners of those businesses by voice, email or snail mail.

Until there's a significant drop in advertising revenue, nothing is going to change.

Why do some people choose OU over OSU? -- Because it's easier to spell.

IronSooner
2/5/2006, 02:38 AM
The success of such a protest, of course, assumes that there are enough literate osu-types that their boycott would be noticeable. I think this might be a bit of a stretch. They'd have a much stronger effect boycotting AutoTrader.

Octavian
2/5/2006, 02:43 AM
Maybe if they had been the most succesful college football program in America for the last 75 years, they wouldn't have to cry about so many Oklahomans (OU grads or not) wanting to see the Sooners continue w/ their success.

The University of Tulsa has a higher all-time winning percentage than Oklahoma St....in-state media coverage is the least of their problems.

RADsooner
2/5/2006, 03:01 AM
they were going to boycott SHEEP magazine once,but 2 people didnt really make a dent.:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 04:18 AM
http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

Why cant we be OU?

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 05:04 AM
ATTENTION OSU FANS:

If you thought the ou propaganda machine (Oklahoma media) was bad about oppressing oSu before you had better get ready for the biggest anti oSu football agenda ever yet by these people!

With the facilities, donations and now a stellar recruiting class after a 4-7 season you can count on ou damage control strategies being drawn up as we speak. This current ou recruiting front page BS is just a small knee jerk reaction to what is coming from them in keeping this Huge oSu football movement in check!

They may try with all the "tools" at their disposal but there is no stopping this ORANGE STORM the clouds are forming too fast for even their now nationally known homer propaganda media machine to stop at this point!

RIDE'EM COWBOYS, GO POKES GO!!
Edited by: AggieTruth (http://mb28.scout.com/bosuinsider.showUserPublicProfile?gid=aggietruth) at: 2/2/06 11:14:54 am

funny sheet!

SoonersEnFuego
2/5/2006, 09:50 AM
You'll get all the coverage you want when you start winning some games.

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 10:02 AM
You'll get all the coverage you want when you start winning some games.Like that will happen.

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/5/2006, 10:41 AM
Now some of you realize why I hate them so much.

85sooners
2/5/2006, 11:03 AM
**** osu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 11:04 AM
Anybody got a compass?? The magnetic poles may have changed. At the whorn boards there is no mention of OU, they are getting on aggie. Here we are getting on our aggie. Funny stuff.

sooneron
2/5/2006, 11:11 AM
My advice?

"Get Better" Billy Tubbs

OUGreg723
2/5/2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, the bias will always be present, but does the recruitment and signing of teenage boys rate front page headlines for any newspaper? I tend to think there are issues much more important to the citizenry of Oklahoma than football. Headlines in the sports page is fine, but headlines on the front page???? If football is the most important issue in Oklahoman's lives then this state is in sorry shape....real sorry shape. It is insulting to thinking people who would appreciate learning something about an issue of importance...something of real significance. Its nice to think your school has persuaded some high school kids to play football, but certainly not front page news. This newspaper continues to slide into the dumps of intellectual curiosity. They are lazy and stupid!

HAHAHHAHAHA!!:D What an IDIOT!

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 12:05 PM
Why does the DO cover stoolwater at all?

JohnnyMack
2/5/2006, 12:10 PM
You'll get all the coverage you want when you start winning some games.

Yup.

Oklahoma has an all-time record of 749-285-53 (.713).
Oklahoma has an all-time bowl record of 23-14-1
Oklahoma has 7 National Championships
Oklahoma has 4 Heisman Trophy Winners.
Oklahoma has 35 first round NFL Draftees.

Oklahoma State has an all-time record of 470-492-49 (.489)
Oklahoma State has an all-time bowl record of 10-6
Oklahoma State has 0 National Championships.
Oklahoma State has 1 Heisman Trophy Winner.
Oklahoma State has 15 first round NFL Draftees.

What most poke fans just don't get is what an enormous power in the world of college football Oklahoma is. Or if they get it, they want to cover their ears and scream about how osu is mistreated by the media, how there is this great bias towards them.

Who do you think gets more media attention in the Big Apple, the Yankees or the Mets? Why do you think that is?

I'm not saying osu won't get better, I'm not saying that 165mm won't help further their cause. What I am saying is that OU has earned its place on the top of the heap, it has earned its place as the premier focus for college football in the state of Oklahoma.

Soonerman08
2/5/2006, 12:20 PM
Well if you ask me, they are beneath OU. That's just my opinion and 90% of every other OU fan's opinion. They sure are doing a lot of crying over there.

SkipTracer
2/5/2006, 12:27 PM
Your average internet poke fan is, in all reallity, just a hater. Osu is the Hamas of college football.

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/3595/pooraggie9pq.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 12:27 PM
They get press up north. corns and pokes (http://www.ianrpubs.unl.edu/epublic/pages/index.jsp?what=subjectAreasD&subjectAreasId=32)

Tailwind
2/5/2006, 12:43 PM
funny sheet!
The HUGE osu Football movement........
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/336829/2/istockphoto_336829_bullsh_t.jpg

NormanPride
2/5/2006, 02:02 PM
we all must give kudos to the osu. they have the most national championships of any school in the country.

on second thought, wrestling sucks. How long til they change the name to Boone State?

(this is badger, not np)

SoonerDood
2/5/2006, 02:15 PM
I guess they don't see the full-page writeups on JamesOn every day.

picasso
2/5/2006, 02:37 PM
you don't get equal time when you suck.

they're in denial to the fact that when the rest of the country thinks of our state and sports, they think of OU football.

Doged
2/5/2006, 03:25 PM
That's just bizarre. They want top billing in an OKC newspaper over a school located in that city's metro area? Next they'll be whining about no coverage in the Los Angeles Times over USuC. Dumb ****s.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2006, 03:30 PM
(this is badger, not np)

Argh! Click the "Log Out" link, you silly person!

sooneron
2/5/2006, 03:38 PM
Nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

shavedmarmoset
2/5/2006, 03:59 PM
Nowhere will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Brilliant.

And true. They hold no credibility. They are inferior to OU in almost every standard of academics, athletics and location. How can they claim a bias against them when they never do anything of worth anyway?

sooneron
2/5/2006, 04:01 PM
Brilliant.

And true. They hold no credibility. They are inferior to OU in almost every standard of academics, athletics and location. How can they claim a bias against them when they never do anything of worth anyway?
But they got all them wrasslin titles!

sooner518
2/5/2006, 04:55 PM
they're in denial to the fact that when the rest of the country thinks of our state and sports, they think of OU football.
you hit the nail right on the head there.

One of my bosses is an OSU alum who is unable to shut up about how OU "buys all their players" and how every OU football player in the 80's had an uzi hidden under their bed in Bud Wilkinson House. And how Norman is hideous compared to Stillwater (an absolute joke if you ask anyone objective). And how OU fans are the most obnoxious fans ever and if an OU fan were to go to an OSU game in Stillwater, we would be treated to no more than good-natured ribbing. I'm so sick of hearing about the Pokes.

It's just an inferiority complex because the national sports world doesn't care about OSU and for good reason

goingoneight
2/5/2006, 06:00 PM
*slaps forehead* cannot believe I actually thought this thread would actually hold something to make me laugh...
Sorry Cow-Pokers, you lived a great 90's decade when Boo-Blake ran the show, but it's no surprise that when OU's basketball team is ranked, yours isn't, OU will be seated in the articles of the DO. And when our football team pulled their heads out of a deep-water season, and yours swam for the bottom of the sea, OU will be seated in the sports page as well. Be happy that wrestling is finally getting a little recognition in the paper since you b!tched about it for so long and shut up.

GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD, I'm so tired of hearing faggies complain. Pick up a Tulsa World if you want to read about Oh Sh!t University... Look at their fancy "The State's University" billboards they're wasting money on all over Tulsa. You chose to wear orange, I applied at OU. You made your bed, so sleep in it.

goingoneight
2/5/2006, 06:10 PM
Most National Championships in the country??? hahahahaha!!! Did they check up on USC's athletic department? Even without football, there's no competition...

Southern California: 72

Oklahoma State: 46 - 34 Wrastlin' patches= less than OU...

They know as far as revenue sports are concerned, they'll always be our bitches...

wishbonesooner
2/5/2006, 07:18 PM
Does it matter how much ole T Bone donated? Talk about zero return on your investment.

GrapevineSooner
2/5/2006, 08:21 PM
This says all I need to know about this complaint.

Edited by: AggieTruth (http://mb28.scout.com/bosuinsider.showUserPublicProfile?gid=aggietruth) at: 2/2/06 11:14:54 am

I've argued with this dope quite a bit on other boards.

To say he's a homer is a vast understatement. He's a bitter OSU partisan who loves to engage in pretzel logic and 'I'm rubber you're glue' arguments.

OUstud
2/5/2006, 10:48 PM
I especially liked the person who said that the Gaylords own us as much as Boone owns them...last I checked, Gaylord didn't evict people to build new track and tennis facilities for their subpar P.O.S. athletic program.

Aggy will always be Aggy. Same with all other State/Tech/A&M teams, excluding PSU, FSU, tOSU, and LSU.

bluedogok
2/5/2006, 11:04 PM
.... how OU fans are the most obnoxious fans ever and if an OU fan were to go to an OSU game in Stillwater, we would be treated to no more than good-natured ribbing. I'm so sick of hearing about the Pokes.I find the OKC media much more balanced than most media in other cities when it comes to "favoritism".

He evidently hasn't been around UT fans and the media here is nothing more than an outlet for the UT-SIO, the only time they cover anything other than a current UT athlete is when they are covering a former UT athlete. Well, they will mention the latest story on the College Station police blotter or scandal coming out of aTm.

sooner518
2/5/2006, 11:09 PM
He evidently hasn't been around UT fans and the media here is nothing more than an outlet for the UT-SIO, the only time they cover anything other than a current UT athlete is when they are covering a former UT athlete. Well, they will mention the latest story on the College Station police blotter or scandal coming out of aTm.

The only thing he cares about is trying to make OU look bad. I let him talk all he wants. Engaging in an intelligent argument is not an Aggy specialty

bluedogok
2/5/2006, 11:38 PM
The only thing he cares about is trying to make OU look bad. I let him talk all he wants. Engaging in an intelligent argument is not an Aggy specialty
Well, that is true. The office that I worked at in OKC (about 250 people) before moving to Austin was about 50% aggy. So I know exactly what you mean.

jdsooner
2/6/2006, 02:39 AM
And now they don't even have that many recruits from Oklahoma. I love it that OU is Oklahoma's team!

NormanPride
2/6/2006, 09:12 AM
Argh! Click the "Log Out" link, you silly person!

No kidding! I thought I had sleep-posted for a second there! :mad:

crimson&cream
2/6/2006, 12:31 PM
This says all I need to know about this complaint.

I've argued with this dope quite a bit on other boards.

To say he's a homer is a vast understatement. He's a bitter OSU partisan who loves to engage in pretzel logic and 'I'm rubber you're glue' arguments.
It appears he has a brain about like a BB in a Boxcar.
He'll be the first to sign up for the new Brokeback Cowboy VISA card because like their FB team it'll have the lowest interest rate in the state.
I think the T-World gives them as much press as OU so where's there bitch.I've also noticed when for example OU & lOSUr gear go on sale at Wally world it's not long OU stuff is nearly gone , with plenty of lOSUr stuff still available. A mini situation that shows their popularity almost ZELCH!
Forgotten was Conf Championships OU 39---- lOSUr 1 outright 1926 and a tie in 1976.
Have they ever been rated 1st in the AP or UPI polls NO! IN Fact, they've never even got to smell of an NC game.
Why borther to even dialog with lOSUr=LOSERS.

Soonerwake
2/6/2006, 07:51 PM
I am starting to dislike them more than the horns. Their fans, such as my little brother, all seem to have that "little brother' syndrome. A coincidence, I think not...

Aggies just suck. Period........

Duke o Brewery
2/6/2006, 08:44 PM
I can't dislike them more than the whorns simply because the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but they sure do make shiitey friends.

Oh, and if they can't get used to a consistant bias toward OU then maybe they should take their 25% minority and find a new state to annoy. We can train farmers and vets at East Central or something.

JLB
2/6/2006, 08:53 PM
What I want to know is how a team that goes 4-7 has a recruiting class that it does.
I hope the price of oil falls to 12 dollars a barrel so Bilbo Baggins will stop "donating" his hard earned money to football playerrr I mean the school.:texan:

Collier11
2/6/2006, 09:38 PM
It is pretty simple, the DO is based in OKC, not stillwater. The state of Oklahoma is known for the University of Oklahoma, not osu. Oklahoma is the far superior academic university, not osu. Ou is dominant at football, osu at golf and wrestling. And osu has no place at all to talk about kelvin making excessive phone calls with eddie suttons past.

Octavian
2/7/2006, 12:18 AM
...eddie suttons past.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5245/booze11tu.th.png (http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=booze11tu.png)

BigCrimson32
2/7/2006, 03:30 AM
i heard on tv that osu was going for another wrestling national title.. i didn't even know wrestling was going on.. who cares about all that other crap.. football is what ppl care about in oklahoma so get that silly little pansie shish out of my face... when 85,000 ppl show up to watch 2 guys hug each other i'll just quit.. i wonder if okie state could fill up 80,000 seats in stillwater... ?hmmm

stonecoldsoonerfan
2/7/2006, 08:50 AM
you can count on ou damage control strategies being drawn up as we speak. This current ou recruiting front page BS is just a small knee jerk reaction to what is coming from them in keeping this Huge oSu football movement in check!

They may try with all the "tools" at their disposal but there is no stopping this ORANGE STORM the clouds are forming too fast for even their now nationally known homer propaganda media machine to stop at this point!

RIDE'EM COWBOYS, GO POKES GO!!

change the year, wash, rinse, repeat. couldn't tell you how many times i've heard aggy say the same thing. :eddie:

The Consumate Showman
2/7/2006, 11:44 AM
How many schools actually compete in wrestling? C'mon, it's not like football where every D-1 school participates. I think oSwho realized a long time ago that to save themselves from being called the cow school of Oklahoma, they started investing their time and efforts in other "not-so-glorified" sports like wrestling and golf. Sure they dominate at those sports at various times, but when that is your main focus, you become rather good at it, for example, OU and football; we concentrate a lot of effort into OUr program and we reap the benefits of it.

These aggies need to learn their lot in life: OU comes, we beat, we leave....simple. I mean, we have only lost to oSwho, what, 16 times in almost 100 years of "bedlam", right?(77-16-7?)

I hate the name bedlam, I rather like "dominance", how about you guys???

BigCrimson32
2/7/2006, 02:29 PM
i try to go for osu when of course they're not playing us but they make it hard to even watch.. okie state fans just might be the dumbest fans i know of, which is sad because my cousin goes there, but she knows their role, suit up, and get beat down by the crimson storm.. period

MiccoMacey
2/7/2006, 02:56 PM
How many schools actually compete in wrestling...they started investing their time and efforts in other "not-so-glorified" sports like wrestling and golf. Sure they dominate at those sports at various times, but when that is your main focus, you become rather good at it, for example, OU and football; we concentrate a lot of effort into OUr program and we reap the benefits of it.

Uhmmm, not to burst your bubble or anything, but OU has a great wrestling tradition as well.

As a matter of fact, we're more dominant and more successful in wrestling than they are in football.

We're not nearly the traditional power OSU is, but please don't knock our OU kids who compete.

MiccoMacey
2/7/2006, 03:10 PM
Also, I have stirred up a hornets nest over on the ostate.com board. They are insistant that Jack Spates is solely responsible for their lack of good seating for this upcoming NCAA meet to be held here in OKC in March.

Regardless how little evidence there is that Jack Spates has any power to pick the seating for OSU fans, or that he even cares about where OSU fans sit, these guys are emphatic that he is solely responsible.

And the sad part...my father (an OSU alum) is leading the charge. There is no reasoning with him on this issue.

IronSooner
2/7/2006, 05:17 PM
There is no reasoning with aggy.

Fixed.

MiccoMacey
2/7/2006, 05:28 PM
Also, if the paper is sooo slanted toward OU, where is the clamor for the rude treatment we give to Tulsa University? Or Langston? OSU gets more press than those two schools? Aren't they being favored?

Is this is a state paper and needs to show no favoritism towards a university, where is their uproar about the fact they receive more press than Connors State College or Rogers?

Hyp.

O.

Crits.

mdklatt
2/7/2006, 05:46 PM
there is no stopping this ORANGE STORM the clouds are forming too fast for even their now nationally known homer propaganda media machine to stop at this point

It stops being funny and starts being disturbing when you wonder if they really believe crap like this. :eek:

wishbonesooner
2/7/2006, 07:24 PM
Oh hell, there is no doubt they believe it. These are scary people. They love to tell the story about how a bunch of businessmen approached Henry Iba, and wanted to make OSU a football dynasty, way back in the 40's. He supposedly told them no way he'd cheat to win games, and threw them out of his office.(remind you of Jesus throwing the money changers from the temple?) These same businessmen then came to OU with the same offer, and OU became the national power we know today. I'm dead serious, they believe this crap.

crimson&cream
2/7/2006, 11:45 PM
Aggie Joke of the day
Know how you can tell if an Aggie is married?
There are tobacco spit stains on both sides of his pickup.!:D :confused: :D