PDA

View Full Version : I just signed up for a 2-week free trial of Netflix

proud gonzo
2/4/2006, 11:51 PM
...which will probably be followed by a subscription.

I figure if i ought to be watching movies a lot as research, I probably don't want to spend a lot of money to buy copies of a lot of potentially not great movies. And I almost refuse to rent from blockbuster anymore. I thought 10 bucks a month sounded like a pretty good deal, since that'd be maybe 3 rentals from Blockbuster.

I'm starting my Oscar marathon, in yet another futile attempt to see all the major oscar nominees before the awards.

I already put 20 movies on my queue.... I'm very excited :D

Mjcpr
2/5/2006, 12:11 AM
If you watch a lot of movies...it's a good deal. We never had any problems with it. And....I think the closest return "center" is in OKC so you should get a quick turnaround on your movies.

Don't forget to include Weird Science.

proud gonzo
2/5/2006, 12:24 AM
hehe--I've seen that one several times.

I have quite a variety on my list, though, so far. the first 9 or 10 are oscar nominees and after that i have a couple of german movies, a couple of french ones, a couple of documentaries, a few john cleese movies....

Mjcpr
2/5/2006, 12:27 AM
Does this mean you're going to have even more "Locations" that I don't understand?

proud gonzo
2/5/2006, 12:41 AM
umm... probably?

Mjcpr
2/5/2006, 12:43 AM
umm... probably?

K...just wondering?

proud gonzo
2/5/2006, 12:46 AM
i thought it was perfectly understandable... but then again, I'm loony :D

Mjcpr
2/5/2006, 12:49 AM

Yeah, I usually have no idea. :O

I'm loony too but in a dumb humor sort of way. Such as....Weird Science, or Airplane or Blazing Saddles...you know, high-brow ****.

GottaHavePride
2/5/2006, 12:52 AM
Hey, Blazing Saddles is one of my favorites, too. That doesn't stop me from enjoying Blackadder. ;)

Mjcpr
2/5/2006, 01:07 AM

See...I'm not sure I've ever even seen a MP movie.

You're not going to respect me in the morning, I know. :O

proud gonzo
2/5/2006, 01:10 AM
*sigh* you really should see "monty python and the holy grail" or "life of brian"... they're classic

Mjcpr
2/5/2006, 01:13 AM
I think I've seen the Holy Grail, but if I did it was a loooong time ago and likely under the influence of alcohol. Never heard of "Life of Brian".

I need to give it another go.

proud gonzo
2/5/2006, 01:29 AM
i think it's funnier than holy grail, actually. as long as you don't get offended by somewhat blasphemous humor :D

Mjcpr
2/5/2006, 01:33 AM
i think it's funnier than holy grail, actually. as long as you don't get offended by somewhat blasphemous humor :D

I think you know me better than that. :D