PDA

View Full Version : Inanity (of the good kind) from Chocolate City

TUSooner
2/4/2006, 09:25 PM
Some of y'all may not get this, but that's just part of the deal, I guess. New Orleanians may not be industrious, or efficient, or clean, or tasteful, or even very bright, but there is a stubborn streak of irreverance that cannot be denied (for better or worse). For the select aficionadi: This comes from the keyboard of the Founder and Honcho Emeritus of Inane Morning Trivia, Earl (not the DE we know and love, another guy).

Mes Chers:
If Groundhog Day, a/k/a Imbolc, a/k/a Candlemas, a/k/a Feast of the Presentation has passed, can Fat Tuesday be far off? In keeping with tradition and in defiance of Katrina, the now-venerable Krewe du Vieux will again take to the streets of the Marigny and the Vieux Carre (pronounced "frenge quawtuz"). Our members refuse to be driven away even though hell and high water came. Our den in the Marigny survived with little damage and no flooding. All 17 sub-krewes will be participating. In fact, the krewe had to put a lid on the numbers because it was getting too big.
So come next Saturday night, Feb. 11, and observe mockery, parody (not the li'l town in St. Charles Parish), satire, and lampoon aimed at Evil Katrina and all those politicians who attempted to deal with the crises. Unfortunately, former FEMA honcho Michael "Fashion God" Brown ("You're doin' a heckuva job, Brownie.") was unable to be our monarch this year. Instead, Walter Williams, creator of "The Mr. Bill Show," will preside.
The parade starts at 7 p.m. in the Faubourg Marigny. Check out the route, a/k/a the projected path, on the web site, www.kreweduvieux.org. I and my fellow members of the sub Krewe of Underwear will adorn our corporeal persons with red long johns as we enjoy "A Day At the Breach." Mayor Ray and Gov. Kathleen will be on our float, relaxing in lounge chairs, sipping hurricanes, whilst behind them the 17th Street Canal floodwall has collapsed and water pours around the politicos. Marching along on the street with the mule, Underwearians will be in beach raiment and hats. Our sub-theme might be missed, but we wanted to make sure that everyone knows that this lovely Day at the Breach is brought to you by the Army Corpse of Engineers.
Come out early and bring the kids. This is family entertainment, suitable for the Gotti Family, the Manson Family, the Addams Family. You can explain to the judge later why you were leading the kiddies astray. Bring ya mama and 'nem too, but make sure they've had plenty to drink. This is the finest opportunity to observe bad taste as an art form.

Okla-homey
2/4/2006, 09:32 PM
Some of y'all may not get this, but that's just part of the deal, I guess. New Orleanians may not be industrious, or efficient, or clean, or tasteful, or even very bright, but there is a stubborn streak of irreverance that cannot be denied (for better or worse). For the select aficionadi: This comes from the keyboard of the Founder and Honcho Emeritus of Inane Morning Trivia, Earl (not the DE we know and love, another guy).

Mes Chers:
If Groundhog Day, a/k/a Imbolc, a/k/a Candlemas, a/k/a Feast of the Presentation has passed, can Fat Tuesday be far off? In keeping with tradition and in defiance of Katrina, the now-venerable Krewe du Vieux will again take to the streets of the Marigny and the Vieux Carre (pronounced "frenge quawtuz"). Our members refuse to be driven away even though hell and high water came. Our den in the Marigny survived with little damage and no flooding. All 17 sub-krewes will be participating. In fact, the krewe had to put a lid on the numbers because it was getting too big.
So come next Saturday night, Feb. 11, and observe mockery, parody (not the li'l town in St. Charles Parish), satire, and lampoon aimed at Evil Katrina and all those politicians who attempted to deal with the crises. Unfortunately, former FEMA honcho Michael "Fashion God" Brown ("You're doin' a heckuva job, Brownie.") was unable to be our monarch this year. Instead, Walter Williams, creator of "The Mr. Bill Show," will preside.
The parade starts at 7 p.m. in the Faubourg Marigny. Check out the route, a/k/a the projected path, on the web site, www.kreweduvieux.org. I and my fellow members of the sub Krewe of Underwear will adorn our corporeal persons with red long johns as we enjoy "A Day At the Breach." Mayor Ray and Gov. Kathleen will be on our float, relaxing in lounge chairs, sipping hurricanes, whilst behind them the 17th Street Canal floodwall has collapsed and water pours around the politicos. Marching along on the street with the mule, Underwearians will be in beach raiment and hats. Our sub-theme might be missed, but we wanted to make sure that everyone knows that this lovely Day at the Breach is brought to you by the Army Corpse of Engineers.
Come out early and bring the kids. This is family entertainment, suitable for the Gotti Family, the Manson Family, the Addams Family. You can explain to the judge later why you were leading the kiddies astray. Bring ya mama and 'nem too, but make sure they've had plenty to drink. This is the finest opportunity to observe bad taste as an art form.

I'd pay money to see that. You better take pics and post them.:D

TUSooner
2/4/2006, 09:38 PM
I'd pay money to see that. You better take pics and post them.:D
Wish you could be here. If I get there, I'll take the camera. :D

Flagstaffsooner
2/4/2006, 10:17 PM
Here TU http://www.kessels.com/Downloads/choco/index.html

yermom
2/5/2006, 02:28 AM
why can't they spell in LA?