PDA

View Full Version : Hey Scott D or anyone in Mich.

sooneron
2/4/2006, 12:44 PM
Do you know any good lawyers up there? We have a dispute with a jackass company in Madison Heights. They are trying to screw us out of $975.
Any help would be great.

85Sooner
2/4/2006, 03:12 PM
Small Claims Court. Also check out clark howards website, he spoke of a kiosk website that will ask you questions and will feed a printout to you to help represent yourself.

I represented myself in court and it felt great. During my cross I nailed the prosecution witness and it was soooooooooo hard not to make a slam dunk gesture when he did it. Had em dead to rights. BTW he was a/is a cop.

Scott D
2/5/2006, 05:27 PM
I only know a single lawyer up here and I think he deals with property, I think Oldnslo might know of a lawyer or two up in this area though.

sooneron
2/8/2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks! We are getting screwed by a chair cover company that we rented from for our wedding.
They sent us a bill for $975 40+ days after they were returned. We called to ask what had happened or what was missing 3 times and left messages. They never returned our calls. We assumed (incorrectly) that it had been cleared up. They then sent a bill to us FIVE MONTHS later! It is still not resolved.
They fuggin suck!

Congrats on nailing the Five 0 on the stand. Did you get to bring any past drinking problems into evidence? That's always cool, ala Bobby Donnell.

Mjcpr
2/8/2006, 01:19 PM
What is a lawyer going to do for you for < $975?

85Sooner
2/8/2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks! We are getting screwed by a chair cover company that we rented from for our wedding.
They sent us a bill for $975 40+ days after they were returned. We called to ask what had happened or what was missing 3 times and left messages. They never returned our calls. We assumed (incorrectly) that it had been cleared up. They then sent a bill to us FIVE MONTHS later! It is still not resolved.
They fuggin suck!

Congrats on nailing the Five 0 on the stand. Did you get to bring any past drinking problems into evidence? That's always cool, ala Bobby Donnell.

I repeat Small Claims Court. Also check out clark howards website, he spoke of a kiosk website that will ask you questions and will feed a printout to you to help represent yourself.

sooneron
2/8/2006, 02:39 PM
What is a lawyer going to do for you for < $975?
I want these fuggers dead!, I want their families dead!

It's basically something to bury them with paperwork.
I have already begun that.

I really don't have time or desire to go to Michigan at this point.