PDA

View Full Version : MY GAWD, FOOTBALL IS GONE!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/4/2006, 11:08 AM
What ARE we gonna do. Recruiting is over, and even the Super Bowl is tomorrow. A little blip on the screen when there's spring football practice, but almost zilch 'til SEPTEMBER...AAAARRRGGHHH!

KingDavid
2/4/2006, 11:51 AM
sucks, true. this is what carries me through (not in chronological order), just as they come to mind:

(on a scale of 1 to 10)

the Masters, and to a lesser extent the other majors - 6
Sooner Baseball - 4.5
College World Series - 6
March Madness - 8
World Series - 5
Stanley Cup - 3
NBA playoffs & championship - 7
I'm sure there are other things that hold vague interest, but that's all I can think of for now.

Everything gets raised by 3 or more if I have a favorite team in contention: e.g. Sooners penetrating deep into the NCAA tourney is off the charts.

SkipTracer
2/4/2006, 11:59 AM
We can check out the Olsen Twins for a minute...........

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/895/olsen24iz.jpg

SkipTracer
2/4/2006, 12:00 PM
.........or we can make fun of the pokes for a minute..............

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/3183/johnwayne27mb.jpg

sooner518
2/4/2006, 12:27 PM
i cant wait until August when Sportscenter can focus solely on major league baseball!

birddog
2/4/2006, 01:01 PM
Supporting the US in the World Cup will be a nice lead-in to August.

2/4/2006, 02:01 PM
Olympics are coming up. Sasha Cohen will be lifting 'em high!

OUTrumpet
2/4/2006, 03:19 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://starwarsnoooos.ytmnd.com/

yermom
2/4/2006, 03:28 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://starwarsnoooos.ytmnd.com/

that about covers it

Collier11
2/4/2006, 03:31 PM
The one bigtime productive thing all of us Sooner Fans can do is work on HATING texazz and okie dokie so when the season rolls around we are in full swing again

yermom
2/4/2006, 03:34 PM
it really sucks after spring ball, i mean we at least have the NCAA tournament til early April and then into the Red/White game

but after that it's pretty slow

maybe the Hornets will get in the NBA playoffs, but still that leaves a lot of time

Octavian
2/4/2006, 03:35 PM
i cant wait until major league baseball disbands and I never have to watch or hear about the sport ever again!

agreed. ;)

oumartin
2/4/2006, 03:46 PM
oh lets see, there golf to play, hoops to shoot outside, & theres always Pron!

Collier11
2/4/2006, 03:53 PM
Pron??? Is that some new video game or what ;)

oumartin
2/4/2006, 03:55 PM
Pron??? Is that some new video game or what

Yes it is!
it consists of a joystick and images on a screen. Total concentration is needed to achieve the ultimate score.

Collier11
2/4/2006, 04:36 PM
InTrIgUiNg!

Geekboy
2/4/2006, 05:27 PM
I wish I could get in one of those spaceship sleep chamber deals and sleep until September.

There is NOTHING of any interest when college football is over.

I might cut my wrists. Maybe I'll get in a wreck and go into a coma and come out of it the last week of August.

I know..............I'm mentally disturbed.

2/4/2006, 07:15 PM
I wish I could get in one of those spaceship sleep chamber deals and sleep until September.

There is NOTHING of any interest when college football is over.

I might cut my wrists. Maybe I'll get in a wreck and go into a coma and come out of it the last week of August.

I know..............I'm mentally disturbed.Yes, you are! It comes from eating too much alligator, drinking too much of that Ponchartrain "water", and being totally wrong about which team to root for.:les: :les:

Octavian
2/4/2006, 07:20 PM
I might cut my wrists.

...and then it got weird.

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2006, 07:28 PM
What ARE we gonna do. Recruiting is over, and even the Super Bowl is tomorrow. A little blip on the screen when there's spring football practice, but almost zilch 'til SEPTEMBER...AAAARRRGGHHH!

Well, you could always go cheer for horns basketball team.

Crimson Kid
2/4/2006, 07:55 PM
The one bigtime productive thing all of us Sooner Fans can do is work on HATING texazz and okie dokie so when the season rolls around we are in full swing again

Please, that's one thing i don't need practice at. :D

2/4/2006, 08:11 PM
Well, you could always go cheer for horns basketball team.:mack: Are you STILL sorry that the suc didn't win three MNC's in a row, and have a very menacing number of wins in a row going into the '06 season? If you are, then I guess I feel badly for you.??? Good luck with that.

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2006, 08:19 PM
:mack: Are you STILL sorry that the suc didn't win three MNC's in a row, and have a very menacing number of wins in a row going into the '06 season? If you are, then I guess I feel badly for you.??? Good luck with that.

You mean a two-peat? whornlover. :mack:

UTisLousy
2/4/2006, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone, for reminding me how long I have to wait for Number 8.

Collier11
2/4/2006, 09:47 PM
Please, that's one thing i don't need practice at. :D

practice makes perfect brother