PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I am thinking OU MNC 2007...

Soonerus
2/3/2006, 10:10 PM
...What do you think ????

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 10:32 PM
By the 2007 season Oklahoma should be the runaway favorite to win the Big 12 so I could see the possiblity.

TheGodfather889
2/3/2006, 11:48 PM
I definetely think so.All the young guys will be seasoned veterans and they definetely will make it if Adrian Peterson comes back for his senior year.

SelmaBamaFan
2/3/2006, 11:55 PM
Maybe we can see yall there? :D

We should be loaded in 07, and will have an early test against FSU.

Can I come to the tailgate? ;)

yermom
2/4/2006, 03:22 AM
we should be playing FSU as well

that's a pretty ugly OOC for the Criminoles

SicEmBaylor
2/4/2006, 03:57 AM
FSU is going down. They hired Kevin Steele and have faith in the guy. No program that puts its faith in Kevin Steele has a chance in hell.

Flagstaffsooner
2/4/2006, 05:18 AM
Since Sexton isn't coming back to fSu do you think God is still on their side?;)

Bahh-Bee Bahh-dun is to busy trying to figure out the new medicare drug plan and has no time for football.:D

NickZeppelin
2/4/2006, 06:29 AM

We play that other team from Florida in 07. Miami.

TXBOOMER
2/4/2006, 08:29 AM
AD will be gone after this year. I like OUr chances this year. I think we will have the best defense in the country. The O will be much improved over last year. The two JUCO transfers or some of OUr talented young guys will need to step up on the O-line. We are going to lose a lot of key starters at the end of this season. AD, Rufus, Thibs, Ah You, Birdine, Latimer and Messner. Let's get on the NC bandwagon this year. Last season was very similar to the 99 season. We have a good chance to be very similar to 2000 this year.

Desert Sapper
2/4/2006, 09:41 AM
The only thing that makes me think this is possible is that Bomar will be a Junior, and possibly the best QB in the country by then (barring injury). If somebody steps up to fill AD's spot, we will be very good in '07.

SkipTracer
2/4/2006, 10:38 AM
I still can't believe Bomar isn't on cruthches after that hit that bent his knee joint backwards. Sick

yermom
2/4/2006, 10:40 AM
We play that other team from Florida in 07. Miami.

you're right, i was confused i think we are slated to play FSU a couple years later

JohnnyMack
2/4/2006, 11:06 AM
By the 2007 season Oklahoma should be the runaway favorite to win the Big 12 so I could see the possiblity.

http://www.fireball20xl.com/stfu.jpg

TexasLidig8r
2/4/2006, 11:39 AM
http://www.aunation.net/imagesIII/crimsonGlasses.jpg

fadada1
2/4/2006, 11:45 AM
http://www.aunation.net/imagesIII/crimsonGlasses.jpg
i don't get it.

:D

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/4/2006, 11:56 AM
Isn't this guy just fabulous!
http://www.missouri.edu/~mslgx6/images/richard-simmons.jpg

:mack:

NickZeppelin
2/4/2006, 11:57 AM
The only question mark in 07 is probably defensive end. We'll lose probably our best 3 there. I like everything else about the 07 season. OLine has a year under their belt. Instead of basically no years. The offense probably goes away from the I which fits Murray and Patrick better anyway. LBs we lose Rufus and Latimer but Patterson/Pleasant, Reynolds, and Lofton will be fine there. I think this year could end up much like last year because the weaknesses last year are the same weaknesses this year and our loss at OC will hurt.Wilson won't be as good as Long.

KingDavid
2/4/2006, 12:05 PM
i don't get it.

:D
Looking through rose colored glasses, I suppose - which, of course, is better than looking at the past. Litigator, if Texas wants to look towards the future, I'm afraid they'll need to focus on the Tenessee Titans - that's where it went.

McCoy and/or Sneed = tender slabs of longhorn beef for a hungry Sooner Nation.

Keep focusing on the past. You're going to need to get back into that 30 year "groove" so you might as well get started now.

FlatheadSooner
2/4/2006, 12:40 PM
AD will be gone after this year. I like OUr chances this year. I think we will have the best defense in the country. The O will be much improved over last year. The two JUCO transfers or some of OUr talented young guys will need to step up on the O-line. We are going to lose a lot of key starters at the end of this season. AD, Rufus, Thibs, Ah You, Birdine, Latimer and Messner. Let's get on the NC bandwagon this year. Last season was very similar to the 99 season. We have a good chance to be very similar to 2000 this year.

Agreed. I think there are enough postives next year that we will surprise many and be in the hunt for '06 NC. Bomar continues on a steep curve, OL with better attitude, receiving corps continue on steep curve, much better defense..........oh, and AD hell-bent for his final year.

FlatheadSooner
2/4/2006, 12:43 PM
our loss at OC will hurt.Wilson won't be as good as Long.

For the short preparation time Wilson had for Holiday Bowl, I thought he showed tremendous potential at trying to mix things up - something Long had a problem with in some big games.

TexasLidig8r
2/4/2006, 12:47 PM
Looking through rose colored glasses, I suppose - which, of course, is better than looking at the past. Litigator, if Texas wants to look towards the future, I'm afraid they'll need to focus on the Tenessee Titans - that's where it went.

McCoy and/or Sneed = tender slabs of longhorn beef for a hungry Sooner Nation.

Keep focusing on the past. You're going to need to get back into that 30 year "groove" so you might as well get started now.

hemmem... Crimson Colored Glasses.

Texas present is the returning 3 offensive linemen... 3 top of the line running backs, a solid receiving corp, a deep, experienced defense returning, excellent special teams. Quarterback is the huge question mark and the odds of a repeat national championship for Texas are huge.

Now... the Crimson colored glasses was for the previous poster who doesn't understand that a lack of continuity on the offensive line can be crippling.. look at OU's start of the 2005 season. You may have noticed that of the 5 offensive linemen who started the Holiday Bowl, FOUR were seniors. Granted, youngsters got some playing time this past year, but, OU's offensive woes at the start of the upcoming year could be based on an offensive line that hasn't had a chance to jell.

Now.. will Bomar be a great one? Who knows.. time will tell. He has shown glimpses of brilliance.. and he has shown glimpses of being a knucklehead.

So.. I wasn't focusing on the past at all.. but.. the future for Texas looks bright. If you want to look at the past though.. you can take solace in the fact that Mack has won as many national titles as Stoops and in the last 20 years.. 1986 - 2006, Texas has won as many national titles as Oklahoma.

PrideTrombone
2/4/2006, 12:55 PM
Uh, guys, do you REALLY think AD is coming back after this year? We'll still be damn good, but I can't see any scenario (besides a season-ending injury this year) in which he comes back.

King Crimson
2/4/2006, 01:00 PM
and in the last 20 years.. 1986 - 2006, Texas has won as many national titles as Oklahoma.

that made me laugh out loud. talk about weak. nice choice of dates.

:texan:

FlatheadSooner
2/4/2006, 01:03 PM
Now... the Crimson colored glasses was for the previous poster who doesn't understand that a lack of continuity on the offensive line can be crippling.. look at OU's start of the 2005 season. You may have noticed that of the 5 offensive linemen who started the Holiday Bowl, FOUR were seniors. Granted, youngsters got some playing time this past year, but, OU's offensive woes at the start of the upcoming year could be based on an offensive line that hasn't had a chance to jell.

Playing time for our OL youngsters is the key difference from last year. Also, there was probably a lot of negativity last year due to the departure of some expected starters. We will be way ahead of the game, in this respect, compared to last year.

Oh, and Stoops still has that 5:1 win advantage (huge psychological) over Brown.

fadada1
2/4/2006, 01:26 PM
...you can take solace in the fact that Mack has won as many national titles as Stoops and in the last 20 years.. 1986 - 2006, Texas has won as many national titles as Oklahoma.
good lord, lid. i expect more from you. if this isn't poke logic, i don't know what is. those window lickers from stillwater throw this kind of thinking around as if we SOONERS don't know they hump sheep.

[poke]we've beaten you 2 out of the last 5 years!!!! we're better!!![poke]

response - let's look at it this way, moron. you've also won 2 out of the last 30. kinda puts it in perspective. no??? now go make a t-shirt.

let's do it this way. since i've been alive, OU has won 4 national championships - and has played for another 4 or so. texas has won one, and played for another (i believe).

aggie logic. plain and simple, aggie logic.

Soonerus
2/4/2006, 01:37 PM

Texas present is the returning 3 offensive linemen... 3 top of the line running backs, a solid receiving corp, a deep, experienced defense returning, excellent special teams. Quarterback is the huge question mark and the odds of a repeat national championship for Texas are huge.

Now.. will Bomar be a great one? Who knows.. time will tell. He has shown glimpses of brilliance.. and he has shown glimpses of being a knucklehead.

So.. I wasn't focusing on the past at all.. but.. the future for Texas looks bright. If you want to look at the past though.. you can take solace in the fact that Mack has won as many national titles as Stoops and in the last 20 years.. 1986 - 2006, Texas has won as many national titles as Oklahoma.

Above is the orange-colored glasses version, reality is Texas with 3-4 losses next year...

XingTheRubicon
2/4/2006, 01:54 PM

OU was the current national champion 20 years ago and won the title Jan 1, 1986

Octavian
2/4/2006, 02:26 PM
If you want to look at the past though.. you can take solace in the fact that Mack has won as many national titles as Stoops and in the last 20 years.. 1986 - 2006, Texas has won as many national titles as Oklahoma.

pwn3d.

This Bud's for you, gdc. ;)

Big John
2/4/2006, 02:28 PM
The only question mark in 07 is probably defensive end. We'll lose probably our best 3 there. I like everything else about the 07 season.
I'm surprised that OU didn't get any big defensive end recruits this season. I was expecting OU to get someone like Ugo Chinasa (6'5" runs a 4.6), Jamie Cumbie (6'7" runs a 4.75), Ricky Sapp (6'4" runs a 4.45), or Deantwan Whitehead (6'6" runs a 4.65). They also let Derek Burton (Best Defensive end in Oklahoma) go to OSU along with Chinasa. Jeremy Beal seams like he could be a good defensive end in the future.

goingoneight
2/4/2006, 02:47 PM
Since Sexton isn't coming back to fSu do you think God is still on their side?;)

Bahh-Bee Bahh-dun is to busy trying to figure out the new medicare drug plan and has no time for football.:D

Is it just me, or do I sense smack-talking? Bobby Bowden has dropped three Orange Bowl losses to OU, and never shown anything but class... No offense, I just never really thought of him as an enemy. Rather a very much respected coach...

Octavian
2/4/2006, 03:20 PM
Is it just me, or do I sense smack-talking?

no, no...its just you.

TexasLidig8r
2/4/2006, 04:00 PM

Every other human being considers that a championship for the 85 season. We won't let logic stand in your way though.

Anyway, shouldn't you be working at H.R. Block preparing those tax returns now?

XingTheRubicon
2/4/2006, 04:11 PM
Every other human being considers that a championship for the 85 season. We won't let logic stand in your way though.

Anyway, shouldn't you be working at H.R. Block preparing those tax returns now?

Does it change the fact that 20 years ago OU was the current champ, just like UT is now. You're still wrong.

Anyway, shouldn't you be getting braces by now? What, folks couldn't afford it?

Flagstaffsooner
2/4/2006, 04:15 PM
Is it just me, or do I sense smack-talking? Bobby Bowden has dropped three Orange Bowl losses to OU, and never shown anything but class... No offense, I just never really thought of him as an enemy. Rather a very much respected coach...Yup, its light smack. I don't consider him an enemy but I don't care too much for anybody who shoots this from their loins.;)

http://www.amotivationalspeakersbureau.com/images/tbowden.jpg

NickZeppelin
2/4/2006, 04:24 PM
For the short preparation time Wilson had for Holiday Bowl, I thought he showed tremendous potential at trying to mix things up - something Long had a problem with in some big games.

But they used basically the same offense. Maybe a bit more predictable as far as when they threw it and almost threw it too much. I'm not a big fan of passing it with AD as your best player.

I'm surprised that OU didn't get any big defensive end recruits this season.

We did get Adrian Taylor, Jeremy Beal, and Tim Johnson who all could be DEs but I still think it's a drop off from Ah You, Thibs, and Birdine

BASSooner
2/4/2006, 04:25 PM

Just to let you know theres a freshman QB rule. Your gonna lose games reguardless of how good ur players are but thats a normal thing

KingDavid
2/4/2006, 04:54 PM

I wasn't focusing on the past at all.. but.. the future for Texas looks bright. If you want to look at the past though.. you can take solace in the fact that Mack has won as many national titles as Stoops and in the last 20 years.. 1986 - 2006, Texas has won as many national titles as Oklahoma.

You silly whorn. Your tag line tells the story, and it will likely be there for another 36 years I suppose.

You comment about the national titles is so assinine that it deserves no reply; but I'll indulge you for a moment to ask you the obvious questions:

1) While you're staring into the past, what do you see beyond the immediate glare of your latest conquest? How many NC's? Yes, it's true that you deserve the congratulations for a fine year; however, you need to remember that it will be 2009 and four straight NC's before Texas will be able to line up the trophies to match what OU already has on display. Come back and talk about comparing programs, then.

2) And while you're comparing Mack to Stoops, did you do the math on Mack's record against top 10 teams? Against OU? Even your war-horse mini-messiah VY was a putrid 1-3.

That is the truth and it is undeniable. But still, I believe that Texas will have a competitive season - but don't be surprised if you limp into the Cotton Bowl with the same dose of humility that OU had last year; and limp out of it with worse.

Silly whorn. Silly, silly whorn.

KingDavid
2/4/2006, 05:02 PM
I'm surprised that OU didn't get any big defensive end recruits this season. I was expecting OU to get someone like Ugo Chinasa (6'5" runs a 4.6), Jamie Cumbie (6'7" runs a 4.75), Ricky Sapp (6'4" runs a 4.45), or Deantwan Whitehead (6'6" runs a 4.65). They also let Derek Burton (Best Defensive end in Oklahoma) go to OSU along with Chinasa. Jeremy Beal seams like he could be a good defensive end in the future.

Beal is a stud but he'll line up at LB from what the coaches are saying. Dotson, Davis, and Williams (I think) all return in 07; Johnso will be there, too. One of this year's recruits will emerge. And next year's recruiting class . . . mark my words . . . we'll bring in a five star DE with the tools to start day 1. You can already trust that the good ones already know about the holes that will be opening up in the next couple of years, and that we have a track record for putting defenders into the league.

OUGreg723
2/4/2006, 06:20 PM
Beal is a stud but he'll line up at LB from what the coaches are saying. Dotson, Davis, and Williams (I think) all return in 07; Johnso will be there, too. One of this year's recruits will emerge. And next year's recruiting class . . . mark my words . . . we'll bring in a five star DE with the tools to start day 1. You can already trust that the good ones already know about the holes that will be opening up in the next couple of years, and that we have a track record for putting defenders into the league.

I agree with you, out of the film I have seen of our recruits Beal is one of the most impressive. HE WILL BE A GREAT PLAYER HERE!

OUGreg723
2/4/2006, 06:30 PM

I know Bomar didnt play well at the beginning of the year, but what QB that you know would have played well their freshman year, with a banged up O-line, WR corps, NO AD, the toughest schedual in the nation, and a young over-all team? He was in the worst possible scenario for a freshman QB getting thrown into the mix. He made mistakes, but he improved significantly, and led our team back to having a pretty good season. I dont know how you can callhim a knuckle head. I guess it may appear that way to outsiders, but i dont think he is a knuckle head in any way. He played his heart out for us this year. I am behind him 100%.

BASSooner
2/4/2006, 07:01 PM
I can't wait till bomar is a junior...man...

Sonner magic923
2/4/2006, 07:11 PM
Bomar will be one of the best QBs in the nation over the course of the next few years, baring injury of course.

BASSooner
2/5/2006, 01:18 AM
heck yes

LSUdeek
2/5/2006, 10:11 AM

rofl!

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2006, 10:21 AM
rofl!
http://espn.go.com/media/ncf/2000/1206/photo/a_miles_i.jpg
You and your coach are both loony toons.

SelmaBamaFan
2/5/2006, 07:44 PM
So if Bama and OU end up in whatever city is hosting the BCSCG in 07, can I come to the tailgate? Will there be a tailgate?

If I do get to come to the tailgate, can I run around in my crimson speedos?

SelmaBamaFan
2/5/2006, 07:48 PM
rofl!

:rolleyes:

SelmaBamaFan
2/5/2006, 08:38 PM
Hmmm after looking at our schedule, I noticed UGa rotates back on in 07. That means UGA, FSU, UT, LSU, AU with UGA/FSU and LSU/AU back to back. All of them are at home except FSU (neutral) and Auburn, but still...

If we do happen to get through all that, I dont see us getting left out as Auburn was.

9-8 @ Vanderbilt
9-15 Louisiana-Monroe
9-22 Georgia
9-29 Florida State @Jacksonville, FL
10-6 Arkansas
10-13 @ Mississippi
10-20 Tennessee
11-3 @ Mississippi State
11-10 Louisiana State
11-17 @ Auburn

longhorn gdc
2/5/2006, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking three in a row.:texan:

FlatheadSooner
2/5/2006, 10:25 PM
Hmmm after looking at our schedule, I noticed UGa rotates back on in 07. That means UGA, FSU, UT, LSU, AU with UGA/FSU and LSU/AU back to back. All of them are at home except FSU (neutral) and Auburn, but still...

If we do happen to get through all that, I dont see us getting left out as Auburn was.

9-8 @ Vanderbilt
9-15 Louisiana-Monroe
9-22 Georgia
9-29 Florida State @Jacksonville, FL
10-6 Arkansas
10-13 @ Mississippi
10-20 Tennessee
11-3 @ Mississippi State
11-10 Louisiana State
11-17 @ Auburn

You guys have your own board? Seems like you spend an aweful lot of time over here.:confused:

RooseveltRoughRider
2/6/2006, 08:49 AM
I dont think they will be a runaway favorite for the Big 12....take a gander at the depth charts of the rest of the conference particulary the South. I dont see a "runaway". Keep in mind this is AD's last season.

TexasLidig8r
2/6/2006, 09:59 AM

Your name made me throw up a little in my mouth. :(

BASSooner
2/6/2006, 10:33 AM
I dont think they will be a runaway favorite for the Big 12....take a gander at the depth charts of the rest of the conference particulary the South. I dont see a "runaway". Keep in mind this is AD's last season.
I've heard different. I've talked to some people that were friends with AD and that said that he is staying reguardless of where he stands in the draft.

RooseveltRoughRider
2/6/2006, 11:07 AM
I've heard different. I've talked to some people that were friends with AD and that said that he is staying reguardless of where he stands in the draft.
That would be great for the Sooners if he stayed. I dont know what I would do in that situation. Actually yes I do...I'd take the loot.lol

LSUdeek
2/6/2006, 06:17 PM
:rolleyes:

2007 looks to be LSU's thumb year. :D

Octavian
2/6/2006, 06:23 PM

I ate at a great Chinese restaurant last week...the fortune cookie told me the same thing ;)

Desert Sapper
2/7/2006, 12:06 PM

I'm thinking you're delusional.:rolleyes:

RedstickSooner
2/7/2006, 12:27 PM
I agree, we'll win the MNC in 2007. Why? 'Cuz the MNC game is played in January :D

Seriously, though, replacing a central, Heisman-calibre player ain't ever as easy as we hope. Hence, 2001 and 2005.

Next season (or this season, if you wanna look at it that way, since "last" season is over now) is our best shot. We've got one year with AD and Bomar together (and playing well) so I sure hope we make the best of it.

Unless he gets hurt next season, I just don't see AD returning for his senior year. Frankly, it'd be foolish of him to do so -- we ask too many carries of him, and supposedly a back only has so many carries in him to last a career.

If he helps carry us to number eight, I won't begrudge his declaring for the draft. I'll miss him, sure, but I won't complain.

Someone should prolly remind me of this in 2007 when I complain that he left, btw :D

NickZeppelin
2/7/2006, 01:10 PM
If we had an experienced offensive line or defensive backs with a lot of experience I agree. But we don't have either right now. Those 2 positions are still the weakness of our team.