PDA

View Full Version : housing prices in greater norman area

ouwapiti
2/3/2006, 04:08 PM
i know this is not about football but since most of the activity is on this board i would appreciate some information......i'm an okie thats been 'temporarily' residing in texas (haha) since 1975 and i'm thinking about moving back up to god's country.....could someone give me a 'ball park' on a 3 bedroom/2 or more bath home/approx 2000 sq ft/2 car garage/preferably brick or stone home in the norman/purcell/tecumseh area....thanks!!!

PDXsooner
2/3/2006, 04:11 PM
this is not an answer to your question, but i thought you might appreciate:

i live in NE portland in a 1925 3 bed/ 1 bath bungalow, 1,172 square feet. i just put it on the market for $309,900 tuesday and after a bidding-war i sold it yesterday for 332K. i bought it in '99 for 170K.

i'll bet in norman the same house would be less than 100K...

ouwapiti
2/3/2006, 04:13 PM
dang oregonsooner...nice windfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PDXsooner
2/3/2006, 04:16 PM
dang oregonsooner...nice windfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, if i were moving to norman. problem is, you want to buy something a little bigger and you're gonna have to spend 450K for a 3 bed/ 2 bath in the 1,900 sq. feet area...

Harry Beanbag
2/3/2006, 04:17 PM
yeah, if i were moving to norman. problem is, you want to buy something a little bigger and you're gonna have to spend 450K for a 3 bed/ 2 bath in the 1,900 sq. feet area...

Yeah, that's the problem. The house we built 3 1/2 years ago is worth exactly double what we paid for it. But of course everything else has too.

Blitzkrieg
2/3/2006, 04:22 PM
The median owner occupied house is $99,300 in Norman.

PDXsooner
2/3/2006, 04:25 PM
Yeah, that's the problem. The house we built 3 1/2 years ago is worth exactly double what we paid for it. But of course everything else has too.

exactly...if you really want to make some coin, move to the bay area, buy a house on an interest-only loan and get like six roommates so you can cover the mortgage, then sell it in 3 or 4 years and you'll make like 300K. then you move back to norman and buy a freakin' mansion...

Taxman71
2/3/2006, 05:18 PM
Based solely on houses built within the last 5 years: Plan on $90 - $105 per foot. Houses in Brookhaven run $100 per foot on up. The Vineyard in North Norman (off Porter) runs $125 per foot. East Norman (not including brand new additions) can still be had in the 80s per foot. Ashton Grove (where Stoops lives), is probably well over $300 starting price.

n8v_ndn
2/3/2006, 05:26 PM
Where is Ashton Grove?

During the TCU weekend, I happened by these new houses on south 12th Ave SE, past Golden Eagle. Very nice but pricey houses (~1,700 SF, 3 BDRM, 2 story) on these golf course-themed streets.

1stTimeCaller
2/3/2006, 05:31 PM
Ashton Grove (where Stoops lives), is probably well over $300 starting price.

a friend of mine lives right across the street from Stoops and his house was a little over $300/foot.

Taxman71
2/3/2006, 05:34 PM
Ashton Grove in on the NE corner of 48 NW & Rock Creek Road west of I-35.

The other area you are mentioning is Cobblestone Creek Golf Club. I doubt you can many houses under 3,000 sq ft there though.

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 05:40 PM
a friend of mine lives right across the street from Stoops and his house was a little over $300/foot.

Does he play golf with the base Commander?

n8v_ndn
2/3/2006, 05:43 PM
Ashton Grove in on the NE corner of 48 NW & Rock Creek Road west of I-35.

The other area you are mentioning is Cobblestone Creek Golf Club. I doubt you can many houses under 3,000 sq ft there though.

Thanks, my wife and I were wanting to drive by The House at some point :D

There were definately some sizable houses there (>3,000) that were right on the greens, but there was this one road with a row of smaller houses on either side, right past the golf club. They're crammed together like any other neighborhood. There was a nice house there that we looked inside of. It was right at or less than 2,000 SF.

sooneron
2/3/2006, 05:48 PM
this is not an answer to your question, but i thought you might appreciate:

i live in NE portland in a 1925 3 bed/ 1 bath bungalow, 1,172 square feet. i just put it on the market for $309,900 tuesday and after a bidding-war i sold it yesterday for 332K. i bought it in '99 for 170K.

i'll bet in norman the same house would be less than 100K...
Same here, but we have a 3 bd 1.5 bath 2 story built around '28 that was just valued at 580K. I think it would go for around 170 in Norman. That, my friends, is why we are buying land in OK for retirement!

Taxman71
2/3/2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks, my wife and I were wanting to drive by The House at some point :D

There were definately some sizable houses there (>3,000) that were right on the greens, but there was this one road with a row of smaller houses on either side, right past the golf club. They're crammed together like any other neighborhood. There was a nice house there that we looked inside of. It was right at or less than 2,000 SF.

Ashton Grove is a gated community. I doubt you can get in just to look around....unlike, say Oak Tree ("uh, I'm going to the pro shop", "Ok, go on").

Octavian
2/3/2006, 06:03 PM
i know this is not about football but since most of the activity is on this board i would appreciate some information......i'm an okie thats been 'temporarily' residing in texas (haha) since 1975 and i'm thinking about moving back up to god's country.....could someone give me a 'ball park' on a 3 bedroom/2 or more bath home/approx 2000 sq ft/2 car garage/preferably brick or stone home in the norman/purcell/tecumseh area....thanks!!!

ALWAYS check craigslist.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/search?areaID=54&subAreaID=0&query=norman&catAbbreviation=rfs&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

not much for norman...but its a start. good luck.

Taxman71
2/3/2006, 06:11 PM
I would recommend this link.

Norman Homes (http://www.openhouseok.com/wc.wwt?ohok~showcity~&city=Norman&State=OK)

The first listing is a former MLB.

Jimminy Crimson
2/3/2006, 06:16 PM
Ashton Grove is a gated community. I doubt you can get in just to look around....unlike, say Oak Tree ("uh, I'm going to the pro shop", "Ok, go on").

Yeah, ever since the arson incident a few doors down from Stoops that happened around the Sugar Bowl, they've had the gates closed a majority of the time (and rightfully so).

Harry Beanbag
2/4/2006, 07:22 AM
Same here, but we have a 3 bd 1.5 bath 2 story built around '28 that was just valued at 580K. I think it would go for around 170 in Norman. That, my friends, is why we are buying land in OK for retirement!

I'm seriously thinking about that. Just have to get my wife talked into dealing with tornadoes. My only goal for retirement is to have a house completely paid for, and moving east we could live like kings.

authoriseduser
2/4/2006, 08:45 AM
Go to www.realtor.com and plug in the zipcode you want to live in. You'll get plenty of hits/choices, with pictures.

soonerbrat
2/4/2006, 08:55 AM
Go to www.realtor.com and plug in the zipcode you want to live in. You'll get plenty of hits/choices, with pictures.

that thing isn't narrowing down the choices like i wanted. it's showing me houses over $2 million, and that is WAY over my maximum

King Crimson
2/4/2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah, ever since the arson incident a few doors down from Stoops that happened around the Sugar Bowl, they've had the gates closed a majority of the time (and rightfully so).

yeah, that arson incident was major league insurance type fishy according to my Dad--who lives in the addition adjacent to Ashton Grove--and actually shares some fenceline with AG. He also said this December that some of the homeowners in AG are suing the developer for some unfulfilled commitments.

but, i don't know any specifics.

sooneron
2/4/2006, 10:07 AM
One of the most atrocious houses in Norman....

http://www.openhouseok.com/wc.wwt?ohok~showhome~&city=norman&address=490+Elm+St&st=ok

Blitzkrieg
2/4/2006, 10:20 AM
Actually realtor.com sucks and is losing mls data by the minute. In my area, it shows about 40% of all houses. I fired them 3 years ago when I was Board of Realtors president, and nota single agent ever complained about the descision. They are a typical upstream internet leach that really is looking for something for nothing like Lendingtree and Ditech. They take our data and charge us for the leads and to advertise our own properties. What a concept.

Google search norman real estate and find an IDX link to search all properties, you'll get them all that way.

mrowl
2/4/2006, 10:22 AM
Actually realtor.com sucks and is losing mls data by the minute. In my area, it shows about 40% of all houses. I fired them 3 years ago when I was Board of Realtors president, and nota single agent ever complained about the descision. They are a typical upstream internet leach that really is looking for something for nothing like Lendingtree and Ditech. They take our data and charge us for the leads and to advertise our own properties. What a concept.

Google search norman real estate and find an IDX link to search all properties, you'll get them all that way.

I really like propsmart.com

but they are missing some stuff.

King Crimson
2/4/2006, 10:26 AM

http://www.openhouseok.com/wc.wwt?ohok~showhome~&city=norman&address=490+Elm+St&st=ok

it looks like an interstate motel chain. ya know the kind with "free" continental breakfast.

soonerbrat
2/4/2006, 11:12 AM
it looks like a nursing home

sooneron
2/4/2006, 11:16 AM

IDX link? I'm not sure if I could find one, as I don't know what one is.

puter tard

batonrougesooner
2/4/2006, 03:19 PM
it looks like a nursing home

I was kind of thinking it looked like an orphanage.

Not really sure what those look like though...

soonerscuba
2/4/2006, 04:26 PM

The guy who owns that house has a Peter Pan complex, to say the very least.

proud gonzo
2/4/2006, 04:29 PM
the house where i live in Norman is 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bath and it was about $90,000 when my parents bought it the summer of 2004. one level, i don't remember how many sq.ft.