PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Big 12 Predictions

Funky G
2/3/2006, 12:29 PM
Who will:

Win the south? Win the north? Win the Big12 Championship? The MNC? The heisman?

OU, Neb, OU, AD

Those answers weren't predictable were they?

Reasons: OU is on the upswing, and UT will be too hungover to win it. Neb will be the least mediocre team in the north. Potential surprises? Colorado?

Thoughts?

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 01:52 PM
South
1. OU
2. Saxet
3. Sand Aggies
4. The Cult
5. LosuR
6. Da Bears

North
1. Iowa State
2. Bugeaters
3. Buffs
4. KU
5. Misery
6. Mildcats

Boomer.....
2/3/2006, 03:46 PM
OU, Neb, OU, AD

Same, I'm going with the obvious

tommie15
2/3/2006, 04:19 PM
South
1. OU
2. Saxet
3. Sand Aggies
4. The Cult
5. LosuR
6. Da Bears

North
1. Iowa State
2. Bugeaters
3. Buffs
4. KU
5. Misery
6. Mildcats

you do know ISU gets OU, UT, and TT next year? That's 3 losses right there.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 04:24 PM
you do know ISU gets OU, UT, and TT next year? That's 3 losses right there.Tech isn't going to be all that good next season.

Bet you corn boys are glad you don't have to play those three this year. ;)

westcoast_sooner
2/3/2006, 04:37 PM
South:
1. OU
2. UT
3. aTm
4. TT
5. Baylor
6. OSU

North
1. Bugeaters
2. KU
3. ISU
4. CU
5. Mizzou
6. KSU

Big XII CG - OU
MNC - ESPN wants the domers.
Heisman - Brady Quinn

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 04:45 PM
South:
1. OU
2. UT
3. aTm
4. TT
5. Baylor
6. OSU

North
1. Bugeaters
2. KU
3. ISU
4. CU
5. Mizzou
6. KSU

Big XII CG - OU
MNC - ESPN wants the domers.
Heisman - Brady QuinnOh goody, we get to beat down another crappy team from the North. I'm starting to think the whole N vs S format is lame.

OUstud
2/3/2006, 05:06 PM
South
1. OU
2. Saxet
3. MexiAggy
4. Baylor
5. aTm
6. Sheephumpers

North
1. Rocky Mountain High
2. Cyclones (throw it away again)
3. KU
4. Nebbish
5. Missouri (bye Pinky)
6. PolarAggy[/QUOTE]

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 05:22 PM
Texas Tech will still be the 3rd best team in the Big 12 south and will beat Iowa St.

If Oklahoma's Offensive Line and Secondary drastically improve over Spring Pratice and Fall Pratice then I'd say they run away and hide with the Big 12 South

If the Oklahoma Offensive Line and Secondary dosen't drastically improve over Spring and Fall Pratice they will be in a dogfight for the South with Texas.

Texas is bettter in both areas heading into Spring Pratice. They return a All American at RT, a All Big 12 Player at LG and a All Big 12 Type at OC.

We don't return any proven players of that quality from last season. The guy they have replacing Scott at LT is more talented then any player on the Oklahoma Offensive Line Roster.

This is how I'd rate the teams heading into fall pratice

QB Rhett Bomar or Jevon Snead I'd rate it closer then people think strictly because of the vast diffrence in the oline heading into the season. If Rhett Bomar has a bigtime line comparable or better then Texas then he runs away with it. Edge Bomar but closer then the experts think.

RB Adrian Peterson Allen Patrick vs Jammal Charles Ramonce Taylor I'd honestly call this a push due to the decided edge between Taylor and Patrick.

WR Malcolm Kelly, Juaquin Iglesias vs Limas Sweed Billy Pittman based off last year edge Texas but Iglesias and Kelly have potential if OU's oline Steps up there game about 100 Million notches.

TE Joe Jon Finley vs Jermichael Finley Edge Push Neither guy has proven jack

OL Decided Edge Texas headed into spring pratice

DL Edge Oklahoma

LB Decided Edge Oklahoma

DB Decided Edge Texas headed into spring pratice

K Edge Oklahoma because Hartley is a Jr and Texas has a Fr coming in who was has highly rated has hartley but isn't has mature

P Edge Okalhoma Freeby was one of the top punters in the nation and texas has a new punter

KR We don't know whose Oklahoma KR is going to be Madu/Smith/Murray all have a ton of potential but Texas KR's are the best in the business or were last year Decided Edge Texas

PR We don't know whose Oklahoma PR is going to be Madu/Smith/Murray all have a ton of potential but Texas PR's are the best in the business or were last year Decided Edge Texas

Coaching Defense Texas(Chizik hasn't lost a game in 2 years and has had 2 Top 10 defenses in a row both better then Venables who were both Top 15) Offense Texas(Had a Top 10 Offense 2 consecutive years Kevin Wilson hasn't done anything yet) Head Coach Oklahoma(Bob Stoops 5-2 vs Mack Brown, 3 Confrence Championships to 1)

So here are the edges

Oklahoma 6 QB, DL, LB, K, P, Head Coach
Texas 7 WR, OL, DB, KR, PR, DC, OC
Push RB, TE

The 5 biggest keys to the offseason for Oklahoma are to make them a National Champion next year are:

1. Offensive Line-We have to have a Dominant Offensive line next year if we want to get our 8th National Championship along with every thing else we want to accomplish. A Dominant Offensive Line turns Bomar, AD, Kelly, Gresham, Huggin/Johnson or Iglesias into all americans. A ****ty offensive line like in 2005 gives AD a all big 12 year, and the rest of the offense stinks for the most part.

2. Defensive Backfield-We have to have a Dominant Secondary to go with our front 7. In Big Games you need a Bigtime Secondary so you don't get 55 points hung on you like in the 2004 Orange Bowl

3. Kick Returner-We need a Bigtime Return Game, In only sets you up in bigtime field position, gives you huge game changing plays and makes you score more points

4. Punt Returner-We need a Bigtime Return Game, In only sets you up in bigtime field position, gives you huge game changing plays and makes you score more points

5. Blocking Kicks-Texas has blocked close to or over 40 kicks since 2000 that is a average of nearly 7 a year. That changes games or turns close games into blowouts.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 05:27 PM
you call the runningback a push?? Are you kidding?? and JJ Finley has proven he can be amazing. I saw him. I think he is great. Three things we will need to look upon if OU shoud dominate, DBs, OL, and special teams which all 3 will be better by next year

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 05:33 PM
RB Adrian Peterson Allen Patrick vs Jammal Charles Ramonce Taylor I'd honestly call this a push due to the decided edge between Taylor and Patrick.

Are you fuc*ing retarded?

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 05:37 PM
yeah romance taylor is good but he is NO reggie bush. I have whorn friends at my school saying that he is twice as better and im like hmmm they have weed stands in austin?

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 05:38 PM
No Taylor isn't Reggie Bush, But has far apart has Taylor is from Bush is has far apart Patrick is from Taylor....Taylor will be a 1rst Day Draft Pick can't say the same for Patrick...

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 05:43 PM
No I'm not kidding and your the biggest homer in the book if you think Peterson 5.2 YPC 14 TD Patrick 5.3 YPC are anything more then a Push for Charles 7.4 YPC 11 TD Taylor 6.8 YPC 12 TD. Taylor and Charles will get quite a few more carries then last year without a QB carrying it nearly 200 times a year for over 1,000 yards. I expect Charles to hit over 1500 yards without flinching and Taylor atleast 1100 yards. Do you see Patrick hitting half of Taylors yards don't freaking think so? Patrick is a very good rb and would probably start at every other Big 12 school but certainly not Texas. Peterson will only be a All American if the oline drastically improves. I'm not just talking about a 10% improvement. The oline was terrible last season.

Has for Finley what the hell the guy caught 13 Balls whiptee doo certainly nothing to talk about...If you call 13 catches amazing I feel sorry for you.
I feel sorry for you because the only thing you look at is numbers and not the player themselves. Notice why taylor and charles had better stats then adrian did for ypc? texas had a phenominal OL and i said from the beginning of the year. VY was spectacular but the OL did it all and for winning the championship, they should make statues of those guys next to the stadium. They were amazing. OUr OL was terrible and notice back last year our OL was amazing too and adrian ran for almost 2000 yards and 15 TDs as a TRUE FRESHMAN. ever thought of that?

shavedmarmoset
2/3/2006, 05:44 PM
No Taylor isn't Reggie Bush, But has far apart has Taylor is from Bush is has far apart Patrick is from Taylor....Taylor will be a 1rst Day Draft Pick can't say the same for Patrick...

Dude, spek. Purely objective well done.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 05:44 PM
No Taylor isn't Reggie Bush, But has far apart has Taylor is from Bush is has far apart Patrick is from Taylor....Taylor will be a 1rst Day Draft Pick can't say the same for Patrick...Man, you must not have watched many games last year. AD missed like half the season and still lead the Big XII in rushing. Allan Patrick was a DB until AD got hurt and only played after Kejuan and Gute were tired.

UT's RB's wont have those numbers when a Defense can stack the line and forget about a quality passing game and running threat at QB.

Thanks for playing, albeit in burnt orange undies.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 05:45 PM
umm....he needs to prove more to the team and to the scouts of what he can do.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 05:46 PM
Reggie Bush is no Adrian Peterson. UT has nothing on campus even close to AD.

shavedmarmoset
2/3/2006, 05:47 PM
Man, you must not have watched many games last year. AD missed like half the season and still lead the Big XII in rushing. Allan Patrick was a DB until AD got hurt and only played after Kejuan and Gute were tired.

UT's RB's wont have those numbers when a Defense can stack the line and forget about a quality passing game and running threat at QB.

Thanks for playing, albeit in burnt orange undies.

AD will be lucky to break 1500 yards next season because of our offensive line situation.

Plus Gute was 4th string. Patrick climbed up to no. 2 on the depth chart by the end of the season. He is not nearly as dynamic as either of UT's backs.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 05:48 PM
hmm ricky williams or adrian peterson...

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 05:49 PM
AD will be lucky to break 1500 yards next season because of our offensive line situation.

Plus Gute was 4th string. Patrick climbed up to no. 2 on the depth chart by the end of the season. He is not nearly as dynamic as either of UT's backs.
dude the whole point im trying to make is that OU has quality backs and UT has quantity backs

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 05:56 PM
Notice in my assesment of OUR Team I said and I quote about the oline If the Oline is incredible it will actually give our players the chance to showcase there abilities to become All Americans(I included Bomar, AD, Kelly,3 other WR's, and Gresham.

If they aren't we will have AD on the All Big 12 team offense and that is it. Our passing game will look like **** again if it isn't(Rhett getting hit everytime he realeases the ball causes countless incompletions and a weakass passing game(This was happening even in our last game aginst Oregon) and AD won't be has effective getting hit 3 yards behind the los.

And if you hadn't noticed Texas returns 2 All Big 12 Players and a All American off that line. Also the 2 guys replacing Allen and Scott are more talented then any olineman on our roster.

If Texas had Jason White instead of Vince Young Charles and Taylor would of divied up the carries between them and Charles would of likely had just has good of season has Adrian Peterson had his Fr Year running the ball.

shavedmarmoset
2/3/2006, 05:59 PM
Edge Bomar but closer then the experts think.

The experts? You mean like this guy?

http://gammatron.novarese.net/images/2003/11/30/corso_gators_t.jpg

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 05:59 PM
dude the whole point im trying to make is that OU has quality backs and UT has quantity backs

You would be wrong, UT has 2 Quality Backs and a Top 2 offensive line in the nation going into spring and OU has 1 Quality Back and a ****ty Offensive line going into spring. There is a diffrence between Charles And Taylor to Selvin Young and Henry Melton. Young and Melton are our Gute and Patrick. Taylor would start for 90% of teams in the country, Patrick no way no how would.

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 06:02 PM
Dude I'm about the last one around here who could be called a sunshine pumper, but if you think Peterson and whoever the hell his backup is, I don't care if it's Colonel fu*king Sanders, is a push to Charles and Taylor you're not smart.

I smell troll.

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 06:03 PM
Young and Melton are our Gute and Patrick.

What do you mean our? Fag.

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=shavedmarmoset]The experts? You mean like this guy?

You put Bomar behind UT's offensive line and he would be a All American Next year

You put Bomar behind OU's offensive line next year and he will be in a dogfight for all Big 12.

If you don't get it you won't ever will?

I didn't say Snead would be a All American behind Texas offensive line now did I I said he would compete for Top 3 QB in the Big 12 however just like Bomar.

If Bomar has a stellar Oline he is a All American next season along with a ton of the OU offense skill position players.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 06:04 PM
Notice in my assesment of OUR Team I said and I quote about the oline If the Oline is incredible it will actually give our players the chance to showcase there abilities to become All Americans(I included Bomar, AD, Kelly,3 other WR's, and Gresham.

If they aren't we will have AD on the All Big 12 team offense and that is it. Our passing game will look like **** again if it isn't(Rhett getting hit everytime he realeases the ball causes countless incompletions and a weakass passing game(This was happening even in our last game aginst Oregon) and AD won't be has effective getting hit 3 yards behind the los.

And if you hadn't noticed Texas returns 2 All Big 12 Players and a All American off that line. Also the 2 guys replacing Allen and Scott are more talented then any olineman on our roster.

If Texas had Jason White instead of Vince Young Charles and Taylor would of divied up the carries between them and Charles would of likely had just has good of season has Adrian Peterson had his Fr Year running the ball.
alright man i just pretty much said all of that about the OL no duh they come back with better guys. They were phenominal before they will be good again. As for our OL...it's called JUCOs and if those 2 start 3/5s of our line will be upperclassmen and they say they are really good too. Adrian Peterson is better than jamal charles and romance taylor combined. It just looks like you don't know that at all. Well yeah he didnt do well this year because he wasnt very healthy and the OL was bad but he still ran for over a 1000 this season. Pretty sick wouldn't you think?

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 06:04 PM
What do you mean our? Fag.

I mean good running backs but not in Peterson, Charles or Taylors league.

Definately a upgrade over Kejuan Jones however.

shavedmarmoset
2/3/2006, 06:06 PM
I completely agree with Soonerfan1993. We all should look at this more objectively. We don't see nearly as much of Texas as we see of OU, most of us. We all need to step back and look at the big picture. The big picture in this case would be the fact that UT has more dynamic and better all-around running backs aided by a quality offensive line.

If you believe that we have the advantage in the running game with the o-line we have now, you are sorely mistaken.

I believe that AD has more talent and is a better running back than anyone UT has. However, a running back can do nothing when he is making his first cut in the backfield. If AD is doing that, he will not be nearly as effective as he could be.

Patrick is a decent backup but in comparison, he is a second-tier back whereas UT has two top-tier RBs.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 06:07 PM
[

shavedmarmoset
2/3/2006, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=shavedmarmoset]The experts? You mean like this guy?

You put Bomar behind UT's offensive line and he would be a All American Next year

You put Bomar behind OU's offensive line next year and he will be in a dogfight for all Big 12.

If you don't get it you won't ever will?

I didn't say Snead would be a All American behind Texas offensive line now did I I said he would compete for Top 3 QB in the Big 12 however just like Bomar.

If Bomar has a stellar Oline he is a All American next season along with a ton of the OU offense skill position players.

I agree completely. I was just making fun of Corso.:D

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:09 PM
Too bad Gute went down and DJ Wolfe (top five in the nation RB recruit) forgot how to run the ball. :rolleyes:

We'll see how those UT guys run without VY backk there.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 06:09 PM
beano!!!!! norm!!!!!!!! some administrator!!!! get this guy off of our board!!!!!!!

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:10 PM
beano!!!!! norm!!!!!!!! some administrator!!!! get this guy off of our board!!!!!!!Which one? ;)

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 06:12 PM
Thank You Shave....We brought in alot of guys for the oline and the guys we brought in last year definately have talent, We will have to see how they play in Spring and Fall before I declare OU Run Away Big 12 and National Champions....

BASSooner
you and johny mack and normanpride...gosh you guys just have no brains..you guys don't know football like soonerfan1993 does:rolleyes:

tommie15
damn hijackers, I want some more predictions for the North!!!

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 06:14 PM
1. Nebraska
2. Iowa St
3. Kansas St
4. Mizzou
5. Colorado
6. Kansas

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:17 PM
damn hijackers, I want some more predictions for the North!!!

My prediction? PAIN:D

shavedmarmoset
2/3/2006, 06:17 PM
1. Nebraska
2. Iowa St
3. Kansas St
4. Mizzou
5. Colorado
6. Kansas

Not bad. I would flip UM and CU. Dan Hawkins will bring a spark that Barnett never had. Plus this will be their first year without controversy since like '01. Who does Mizzou have coming back?

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 06:20 PM
well gary pinkel did beat steve spurrier and the gamecocks...no wait..that was brad smith and he's gone. mizzou should be at least last in the big 12 north

lufkinaggie07
2/3/2006, 06:40 PM
SOUTH
1. aTm
2. OU
3. TT
4. tu
5. OSU
6. bu

NORTH
1. Nebraska
2. Kansas
3. Missouri
4. ISU
5. CU
6. KSU

Big 12 Championship game
aTm vs. Nebraska
aTm 34 - Nebraska 24

Hiesman winner Brady Quinn

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 06:44 PM
SOUTH
1. aTm
2. OU
3. TT
4. tu
5. OSU
6. bu

NORTH
1. Nebraska
2. Kansas
3. Missouri
4. ISU
5. CU
6. KSU

Big 12 Championship game
aTm vs. Nebraska
aTm 34 - Nebraska 24

and then you woke up right?

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:54 PM
and then you woke up right?and changed his britches.:texan:

westcoast_sooner
2/3/2006, 07:03 PM
SOUTH
1. aTm
2. OU
3. TT
4. tu
5. OSU
6. bu

NORTH
1. Nebraska
2. Kansas
3. Missouri
4. ISU
5. CU
6. KSU

Big 12 Championship game
aTm vs. Nebraska
aTm 34 - Nebraska 24

What are you smokin'?
That's just crazy talk.

westcoast_sooner
2/3/2006, 07:06 PM

Dude, if AD has 1500 yards, that's a pretty good year. I'll take an OL that can get him 1500, since Bomar would likely have more than 2500 yards passing or more. Those kind of stats mean Sooners win the South, IMO.

footballfanatic
2/3/2006, 07:07 PM
Too bad Gute went down and DJ Wolfe (top five in the nation RB recruit) forgot how to run the ball. :rolleyes:

We'll see how those UT guys run without VY backk there.

Our offensive will be good next year. Make no mistake. Our RB's will be good. Charles is the real deal, not as good as AD, but really good, regardless. The difference for UT will be that the defenses will be able to pay more attention to the running backs, and we will be less productive offensively. But, hey, after an offensive year like we had, there's no shame in that. VY made the offense great, beacsue no one could focus on just the backs. Snead may prove to be the real deal, but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes--how can he ever compare to VY?
Don't be surprised if Texas goes after and signs the best QB prospect next year in the country.

westcoast_sooner
2/3/2006, 07:09 PM
Oh goody, we get to beat down another crappy team from the North. I'm starting to think the whole N vs S format is lame.

Doesn't really matter who represents the North - they are all crappy. If we went by who had the best conference record, the last several years wouldn't have had much in the CCG.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 07:11 PM
Our offensive will be good next year. Make no mistake. Our RB's will be good. Charles is the real deal, not as good as AD, but really good, regardless. The difference for UT will be that the defenses will be able to pay more attention to the running backs, and we will be less productive offensively. But, hey, after an offensive year like we had, there's no shame in that. VY made the offense great, beacsue no one could focus on just the backs. Snead may prove to be the real deal, but I wouldn't want to be in his shoes--how can he ever compare to VY?
Don't be surprised if Texas goes after and signs the best QB prospect next year in the country.
Don't get your hopes up. Jimmy Clausen has no interest in texas;)

AzianSooner
2/3/2006, 07:12 PM
Texas will loose. I am telling you. The whole team is gone with VY- the bevo's a..ss descendant.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 07:13 PM
Doesn't really matter who represents the North - they are all crappy. If we went by who had the best conference record, the last several years wouldn't have had much in the CCG.If we went to a one division type of conference and went by conference record with tie breakers and all. I think we would have had at least one more conference championship.

tommie15
2/3/2006, 08:00 PM
North:
1. Nebraska
2. Iowa State
3. Missouri
4. Colorado
5. Kansas
6. KSU

South:
1. OU
2. Texas
3. TT
4. Texas A&M
5. OSU
6. Baylor

Big XII Champ:
OU :(

Heisman:
Adrian Peterson

National Champ:
with solid line play, OU
if that doesn't happen, LSU

BCS game appearance: Nebraska, who will beat either Texas or USC (or both:D )

Soonerman08
2/3/2006, 10:32 PM

You're retarded, Charles and Taylor had their carries divided up, and they both got plenty of carries apiece. Notice that Vince Young accounts for a majority of their rushing totals. Those two backs are good backs, but I think they got a lot more credit than they deserve. They are nothing compared to Peterson, here he was with a shoddy O-Line, missed 4 games due to injury and still runs for 1000+ yards.

Soonerfan1993
2/3/2006, 10:42 PM
Big 12 South
1t. Oklahoma
1t. Texas
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas A&M
5. Oklahoma State
6. Baylor

Of course whoever wins the Oklahoma Texas game wins the Big 12 South and Big 12

I think Baylor takes a step back and dosen't get that 1 big 12 win, Never less Baylor and Both Aggies Still Completely Suck and won't come close to a Bowl Game.

If Oklahoma beats Texas they are either going to a BCS Game or the National Championship Game

If Texas beats Oklahoma they are only going to a BCS Game.

Just my take, I will see how we do in the Spring and Fall before I go ahead and make Oklahoma the Run Away Favorite in the South over Texas.

If our oline gives up 10 sacks again in a Spring or Fall Scrimmage and we only score like 1 offensive Touchdown in the Spring Game there is no way in hell I am picking Oklahoma has a runaway winner, I could still pick them to win the South but they certainly aren't going to play for National Championship #8 if it happens.

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2006, 11:13 PM
North:
Nebraska
Iowa State
Colorado
Kansas State
Missouri
Kansas

South:
Oklahoma
Texas
Tech
Baylor
aTm
O****U

CCG:
Oklahoma-34
Nebraska-17

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 11:17 PM
Big 12 South
1t. Oklahoma
1t. Texas
3. Texas Tech
4. Texas A&M
5. Oklahoma State
6. Baylor

Of course whoever wins the Oklahoma Texas game wins the Big 12 South and Big 12

I think Baylor takes a step back and dosen't get that 1 big 12 win, Never less Baylor and Both Aggies Still Completely Suck and won't come close to a Bowl Game.

If Oklahoma beats Texas they are either going to a BCS Game or the National Championship Game

If Texas beats Oklahoma they are only going to a BCS Game.

Just my take, I will see how we do in the Spring and Fall before I go ahead and make Oklahoma the Run Away Favorite in the South over Texas.

If our oline gives up 10 sacks again in a Spring or Fall Scrimmage and we only score like 1 offensive Touchdown in the Spring Game there is no way in hell I am picking Oklahoma has a runaway winner, I could still pick them to win the South but they certainly aren't going to play for National Championship #8 if it happens.

http://seiti.de/flame/stfu.jpg

BOOMERBRADLEY
2/3/2006, 11:30 PM
AD wins the heisman because everyone knows this is his last year so not only does he have an amazing season all of the old fashioned heisman guys that only vote seniors will consider him a senior and he wins in a landslide