PDA

View Full Version : should neal be on starting 5?

runner1182
2/3/2006, 12:01 PM
just posing a question for everyone, should neal be on the starting 5 and if yes why? and if not why?

ouradu
2/3/2006, 12:11 PM
I personally don't like to mess with anything if it already is working. Maybe it's superstition or maybe there really is somethign to it, but it seems some guys really do better coming off the bench after a couple minutes. Right now it works great, he plays a lot of minutes, so I'd be scared to mess with it and just assume we let him come off the bench.

NUSooner
2/3/2006, 02:06 PM
Well, he is part of the best five players on the court at once (if you ask me its Gray, Bookout, Neal, Everett, and take your pick of AJ/Godbold). However, taking AJ out of the lineup would hurt his confidence, and Godbold has size and could also lose confidence. The important thing is that Neal is on the court a lot, and he has been lately.

OUGreg723
2/3/2006, 03:00 PM
Well, he is part of the best five players on the court at once (if you ask me its Gray, Bookout, Neal, Everett, and take your pick of AJ/Godbold). However, taking AJ out of the lineup would hurt his confidence, and Godbold has size and could also lose confidence. The important thing is that Neal is on the court a lot, and he has been lately.

I agree with you 100%

Boomer.....
2/3/2006, 03:54 PM
Letting Neal come off of the bench gives him a feel for the game before he gets in. He plays great coming off of the bench and still gets good minutes, so why change it.

OUstud
2/3/2006, 04:52 PM
Last year, Ben Gordon came off the bench for the Bulls and earned the nickname "Microwave" because he heated up quickly and poured in 3s left and right. This year, he starts and...it doesn't work as well.

okienole3
2/3/2006, 04:56 PM
Last year, Ben Gordon came off the bench for the Bulls and earned the nickname "Microwave" because he heated up quickly and poured in 3s left and right. This year, he starts and...it doesn't work as well.

The real microwave

http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/vinniejohnson_history.jpg

msteudem
2/4/2006, 11:19 PM
I like seeing him come off the bench. Also he should win the 6th man award.

shavedmarmoset
2/5/2006, 04:23 AM
I personally don't like to mess with anything if it already is working. Maybe it's superstition or maybe there really is somethign to it, but it seems some guys really do better coming off the bench after a couple minutes. Right now it works great, he plays a lot of minutes, so I'd be scared to mess with it and just assume we let him come off the bench.

ditto. its like birdman. wouldve been a poor starter probably but he sure could fire up the team quick.

R.I.P. Birdman

Stanley1
2/5/2006, 04:36 AM
Neal has said himself that he likes coming off the bench. Does it really matter, as long as he gets the minutes?