PDA

View Full Version : WWTSOD?

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 12:00 PM
My HD DVR cable box quit.....apparently. Went through a bunch of nonsense with it last night trying to fix it, to no avail. So we couldn't record any of our shows or watch them in HD....naturally it happened on Thu when everything we watch is on. :mad: So, Cox can have someone out Tue after 5 thus leaving me HD Super Bowl-less. Or, I can drive allll the way across town and get the box, take it to Cox and switch it out and then drive allll the way back downtown to work.

What would you do?

And I'm not making a pole.

colleyvillesooner
2/3/2006, 12:02 PM
My HD DVR cable box quit.....apparently. Went through a bunch of nonsense with it last night trying to fix it, to no avail. So we couldn't record any of our shows or watch them in HD....naturally it happened on Thu when everything we watch is on. :mad: So, Cox can have someone out Tue after 5 thus leaving me HD Super Bowl-less. Or, I can drive allll the way across town and get the box, take it to Cox and switch it out and then drive allll the way back downtown to work.

What would you do?

Drive and get one, lazy ***. It's not like you have to cross Los Angeles to get one.

SoonerWood
2/3/2006, 12:03 PM

What would you do?

This is your only option IMO

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 12:03 PM
Drive and get one, lazy ***. It's not like you have to cross Los Angeles to get one.

16 miles one way, plus I have to leave work and whatnot.

It's a pain in the ***.

frankensooner
2/3/2006, 12:06 PM
they wouldn't let me change a box out recently because they said they have to send a tech out to check it...

SoonerWood
2/3/2006, 12:07 PM
But your talking about having NO HD for the SUPERBOWL!!! Are you INSANE?

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 12:08 PM
they wouldn't let me change a box out recently because they said they have to send a tech out to check it...

The lady I talked to told me I could bring it in. I'd really be ****ed if they told me that when I got there.

NormanPride
2/3/2006, 12:10 PM
The lady I talked to told me I could bring it in. I'd really be ****ed if they told me that when I got there.

Make sure with a manager. It's never a good idea to make a decision like that based off of low-level phone support lady's opinion.

OUDoc
2/3/2006, 12:18 PM
You need an HDTV first.

You're welcome.

RacerX
2/3/2006, 12:21 PM
Here in OKC there are multiple places you can exchange boxes.

Check to see if there are any other Cox locations in Tulsa.

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 12:23 PM
Here in OKC there are multiple places you can exchange boxes.

Check to see if there are any other Cox locations in Tulsa.

The exchange point is close to my house....but I work downtown and would rather not have to drive all the way across town to get it. I'm a bit of a lazy bastard you see.

1stTimeCaller
2/3/2006, 12:24 PM
the first thing the SO would do is STFU, quit whining and go get another box.

Well, everyone 'cept me. I like to whine.

mrowl
2/3/2006, 12:25 PM
I would go by the Best Buy on the way home and buy a OTA box, a good antenna, Watch the game Sunday, return it all on Monday. :D

RacerX
2/3/2006, 12:27 PM
The exchange point is close to my house....but I work downtown and would rather not have to drive all the way across town to get it. I'm a bit of a lazy bastard you see.

I knew about the bastard part.

JohnnyMack
2/3/2006, 12:28 PM
Super Bowl in HD = JM
Super Bowl not in HD = 1tc

Who do you wanna be more like?

Thought so.

OklahomaTrombone
2/3/2006, 12:29 PM
Just order DirectTV and get over it

1stTimeCaller
2/3/2006, 12:29 PM
I just watch it for the commercials.

Here's to hoping Summer's Eve has a good commercial this year!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/3/2006, 01:07 PM
16 miles one way, plus I have to leave work and whatnot.

It's a pain in the ***.

I think I am hearing an emergency medical appointment or something and a short work day coming...Get the box!

Beef
2/3/2006, 01:10 PM
I would gladly drive 16 miles for box these days.

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 01:52 PM
I would gladly drive 16 miles for box these days.

Are you saying you'll do this for me?

Dude, you're the best.

Widescreen
2/3/2006, 01:54 PM
Didn't realize you were going by "box" now. Makes sense I guess.

skycat
2/3/2006, 01:58 PM
After you make the switch, the technicians are sure going to have a fine laugh at all the episodes of What Not to Wear, and One Tree Hill you have on your DVR's hard drive.

IB4OU2
2/3/2006, 02:00 PM
Are you saying you'll do this for me?

Dude, you're the best.

Dream on........your'e no Chinese taco.

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 02:01 PM
Dream on........your'e no Chinese taco.

I could squint.

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 02:14 PM
I think I'm gonna do it.

Beef
2/3/2006, 02:47 PM
Squint? take a picture.

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 03:51 PM
I'm back, beyonces.

The lines at the Cox office would rival any DMV.

IB4OU2
2/3/2006, 04:05 PM
Did they give you a new one for free?

Beef
2/3/2006, 04:06 PM
I'm back, beyonces.

The lines at the Cox office would rival any DMV.
I guess I'll call my roommate and tell her to head back to Dallas.

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 04:07 PM
Did they give you a new one for free?

Yeah, just swapped it out with my old one....sans the remote. I forgot to bring it. :O