PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to Hate Texas!!

Collier11
2/3/2006, 04:14 AM
Andrea Yates, the mother who drowned each one of her 5 children one by one, was recently released from prison and may get no more than less than 25 years in a psych ward, way to go Texas.

poon4heisman2006
2/3/2006, 04:22 AM
She needs to be drowned.

Boomer.....
2/3/2006, 09:34 AM
Worthless psycho texans

TheHumanAlphabet
2/3/2006, 09:58 AM
She has some serious mental problems. I pity her. Don't judge unless you have been in her shoes depression-wise. She needs treatment, not jail. I know, my aunt lived with post-partum depression for years after a cousin was born. Her manic tendencies finally caused my mother's family to lose the family farm, one that had been in the family for 150 years. She did some pretty weird things when she was wacked out. When she was "normal" she could be very nice. When one gets in those bouts, things that you know are wrong may seem very real or appropriate. I think she is in the right place now, I have always disliked my D.A. for the agressive prosecution of her. Besides, she has to live with the fact of her actions...

TexasLidig8r
2/3/2006, 10:05 AM
To blame an entire state because of the actions of one woman is absolutely beyond stupidity. :rolleyes:

Herr Scholz
2/3/2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah, because everyone knows that Texas is soft on criminals. We don't execute someone down here every 3 minutes or anything.

Ban One Sooner
2/3/2006, 10:48 AM
I'm friends with her attorney's son, and know his father to some extent (who can't discuss her case and I've never asked to discuss anything remotely associated with the case). I was of the opinion initially to fry her but I've pretty much crossed over to the side that she needs help once you kind of look at all of her mental problems.

I am of the opinion she needs to be institutionalized the rest of her life and never be able to harm another human being again though...

Ban One Sooner
2/3/2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah, because everyone knows that Texas is soft on criminals. We don't execute someone down here every 3 minutes or anything.

Yeah, no kidding, I don't think anyone would say Texas is hesitant in its use of the death penalty.

Widescreen
2/3/2006, 10:50 AM
I watched an episode of (I think) Cold Case Files recently about this guy's story. A serial killer who was going to be released from a Texas prison on a technicality until he was convicted in Michigan for another murder.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/watts/120704_sentencing_ctv.html

Authorities thought they had locked away Watts for life, until a Texas Court of Appeals decision in an unrelated case applied to Watts.

The court ruled he had not been notified at the time of his confession that his felony could be considered aggravated because of his use of a deadly weapon.

With that ruling, Watts was deemed a nonviolent felon and became eligible to receive three days' good-time credit for every day served in prison, making him eligible for release in 2006.
Michigan came to the rescue in this case.

sooneron
2/3/2006, 11:02 AM
There are plenty of valid reasons to hate texico. This is not one of them.

Collier11
2/3/2006, 12:12 PM
Ok sensitive texans, that was posted with tongue halfway in cheek about the actual state, lighten up now...the woman has issues though and I dont pity her at all, I pity her 5 children

Collier11
2/3/2006, 12:17 PM
Besides texazzanns, we have plenty of reasons to truly hate texas, we dont need some looney....;)

Funky G
2/3/2006, 12:27 PM
no football causes funny stuff..

cowboys70
2/3/2006, 01:17 PM
Texas released Yates. Oklahoma released Michael Fortier. Not sure Texas is so psycho compared to that.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 01:55 PM
Texas released Yates. Oklahoma released Michael Fortier. Not sure Texas is so psycho compared to that.Hey numbnuts. Oklahoma didn't have Fortier, the Feds did and he convicted Terry and Tim with his testemony for a deal.

Yates should be drowned.

snp
2/3/2006, 02:20 PM
So, this has what to do with Sooner Football? Try the South Oval next time you wanna post this, dude.

cowboys70
2/3/2006, 02:35 PM
Hey numbnuts. Oklahoma didn't have Fortier, the Feds did and he convicted Terry and Tim with his testemony for a deal.

Yates should be drowned.

First of all, there is no reason to call me names.
Second, his trial was held in, I believe, the US Dist. Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, which is a court for federal questions arising in Oklahoma, and a court which contains Oklahoma attorneys, judges and jurors. To me, it is the same as the state court but one that goes to federal questions.
Third, it doesn't matter what court that guy was in, he should be locked up for the rest of his life, regardless of the "testemony" he gave.
Fourth, this is a football board, so I digress.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 02:48 PM
First of all, there is no reason to call me names.
Second, his trial was held in, I believe, the US Dist. Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, which is a court for federal questions arising in Oklahoma, and a court which contains Oklahoma attorneys, judges and jurors. To me, it is the same as the state court but one that goes to federal questions.
Third, it doesn't matter what court that guy was in, he should be locked up for the rest of his life, regardless of the "testemony" he gave.
Fourth, this is a football board, so I digress.He wasn't locked up by any court. He made a plea agreement with the US attorney. So, no court in Oklahoma, no Jury from Oklahoma and nobody from Oklahoma let him go.

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 03:23 PM
To blame an entire state because of the actions of one woman is absolutely beyond stupidity. :rolleyes:
yeah im gonna have to agree with lid on this one. There are just a bunch of crazy jack@$$es everywhere. Theres just more than a chance for texas to have them because texas has a sh*t load of people.

Scott D
2/3/2006, 03:41 PM
I watched an episode of (I think) Cold Case Files recently about this guy's story. A serial killer who was going to be released from a Texas prison on a technicality until he was convicted in Michigan for another murder.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/watts/120704_sentencing_ctv.html

Michigan came to the rescue in this case.

which is ironic because they don't have the death penalty up here, although it looks like they may institute it for cop killers soon.

cowboys70
2/3/2006, 03:42 PM
He wasn't locked up by any court. He made a plea agreement with the US attorney. So, no court in Oklahoma, no Jury from Oklahoma and nobody from Oklahoma let him go.

Dude, he was arraigned in the US Dist. Court for the Western District of OK, that is where is pre-trial matters took place, that is where the US gave their evidence, that is where he pled guilty to the charges brought forth against him, that is where the judge entered his plea and gave his sentence. Do you think if you tell a US Attonrey you want to go to prison, its a done deal? No, you have to have charges formally brought in court and only the court has the jurisdiction to incarcerate you. On top of that, the OKC D.A. even signed off on the plea. Even more, the US Attorney you reference, (Patrick Ryan) is a licensed attorney in Oklahoma. I bet if you look up the attorneys licensed to practice in the W.Dist, 95% of them would be licensed in OK state court. In most jurisdictions its a requirement. Lastly, when juries are summoned in Dist. Court, they come from citizens of Okla.

Listen, I don't want to get into a semantics battle with you, but a little knowledge of criminal procedure would go a long way for you.

NormanPride
2/3/2006, 03:49 PM
This thread sucks.

LosAngelesSooner
2/3/2006, 04:09 PM
This thread sucks and cowboys70 is a doo doo head.

FlatheadSooner
2/3/2006, 04:10 PM
No football for you!!

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 04:43 PM
Dude, when juries are summoned in Dist. Court, they come from citizens of Okla.

That is when you can lable a state for the actions of a jury. I know Patrick Ryan and the whole pea deal was a federal situation. The place the US Government decided to arraign or negotiate doesn't make it an Oklahoma decision, judicial or otherwise.

Some common sense would do you some good.

Back to your googling now.

shavedmarmoset
2/3/2006, 05:53 PM
testicles.

that is all

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 05:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/astms/Thread-Crap-Batman.jpg

cowboys70
2/3/2006, 06:00 PM
BigRedRon,
I give up. You are right.
1. The United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma is not located in Oklahoma.
2. The attorneys, judges, and juries that practice and/or are called in this court have absolutely nothing to do with Oklahoma
3. There were no state claims at all alleged in this matter.
3. The state court and federal court in the same jurisdiction have nothing to do with each other, in fact, Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 81 has never existed or has been suddenly repealed under my nose.
4. Oklahoma was just a completely random place to try this matter, in fact, it could have been in New Hampshire.

You are also right. I should gain some common sense. At the same time, maybe I should get a law degree. Wait.. I already have one. Maybe I should also have worked in the OAG's office, alongside the very people who were directly involved in this matter (instead of having to "google) Wait... already did that. Maybe I should get licensed in Federal Court too..... hmm.

Maybe you should work on your GED numbnuts.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry, I thought we were considering the differences between Oklahoma and Texass' judicial compentence.

Texas made this decision with the drowner, the Feds made the decision with regard to the informer.

:rolleyes:

cowboys70
2/3/2006, 06:14 PM
"Informer" - So that is what you call a person who could have prevented the death of 168 people.

And you don't question the competence of Oklahoma's judicial system... in a place where cockfighting is still legal.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:18 PM
"Informer" - So that is what you call a person who could have prevented the death of 168 people.

And you don't question the competence of Oklahoma's judicial system... in a place where cockfighting is still legal.Actually, cockfighting is illegal in Oklahoma. Anymore sage information?

BASSooner
2/3/2006, 06:21 PM
man i wish i could join in the arguement but im from texas so ill listen to you guys duke it out. Im enjoyin it:D

Herr Scholz
2/3/2006, 06:29 PM
It was a bad decision BTW. That lady needs to fry.

footballfanatic
2/3/2006, 06:31 PM
Just think it's hard to judge this woman--she's obviously extremely mentally unbalanced--not sure what putting her to death would prove. I hope people can see the difference between someone like her and and a mosnster like TImothy McVeigh.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:33 PM
Just think it's hard to judge this woman--she's obviously extremely mentally unbalanced--not sure what putting her to death would prove. I hope people can see the difference between someone like her and and a mosnster like TImothy McVeigh.Clinton exicuted a mentally retarded man in Arkansas. Wait, that was an election year, nevermind.

cowboys70
2/3/2006, 06:40 PM
So the legislation on cockfighting passed!?! It must have been after I moved to Texas. I cite my incorrect statement on that issue and digress.

And BigRedRon, by the way Keating executed a woman many beleived to be mentally incompetent. Wait, that was his lame duck year, nevermind.

footballfanatic
2/3/2006, 06:56 PM
This seems to be one of the most unusual posts ever, and that's saying a lot.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 06:56 PM
So the legislation on cockfighting passed!?! It must have been after I moved to Texas. I cite my incorrect statement on that issue and digress.

And BigRedRon, by the way Keating executed a woman many beleived to be mentally incompetent. Wait, that was his lame duck year, nevermind.Actually, a jury of their peers exicuted both. Which takes me back to my original point.

SoonerDood
2/3/2006, 09:24 PM
rofl

GottaHavePride
2/3/2006, 09:56 PM
Actually, cockfighting is illegal in Oklahoma. Anymore sage information?

http://untitled.org/img/own3d.jpg

Collier11
2/3/2006, 10:06 PM
Actually, cockfighting is illegal in Oklahoma. Anymore sage information?

actually there are loopholes right now where people can still do it and if I remember right(though I may very well be wrong) I think its going back to court

1991SOONER
2/3/2006, 10:09 PM
Yates must FRY!!!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/3/2006, 10:46 PM
Yates is not "getting out." She is simply going, under bond, to a mental institution (with Rusty's blessings, I might add) instead of a prison until her new trial, at which she will undoubtedly be found guilty again.

My personal opinion is, if anyone wants to hate anyone over this, it should be the prosecution witness who lied at her first trial. Without that, her conviction would have stood as it was.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/3/2006, 10:48 PM
Now, can anyone point me to the Sooners football forum? :rolleyes:

1991SOONER
2/3/2006, 10:57 PM
Now, can anyone point me to the Sooners football forum? :rolleyes:

Try this one:

[email protected]

SanDiegoSoonerGal
2/3/2006, 11:01 PM
Try this one:

[email protected]

Oh? And where are you right now?

birddog
2/4/2006, 02:34 AM
Try this one:

[email protected]
What, are you acting like you are "out" now by not responding? Why are people considered lame for staying home on Friday night? Are you in high school or something? :confused:

yermom
2/4/2006, 03:21 AM
Oh? And where are you right now?

pwn3d.

LosAngelesSooner
2/4/2006, 06:17 AM
Try this one:

[email protected] (http://[email protected])

I believe that this constitutes a violation of board rules.

And a pretty lame one at that. I mean...if you're gonna go out on a personal attack rap...go out with STYLE!

David Earl
2/4/2006, 09:22 AM
Cool it!