PDA

View Full Version : FireBrianBritt.com is a real site.

PrideTuba
2/3/2006, 02:36 AM
Me and a friend of mine purchased this domain and are trying to gather some information on what people think about Mr. Britt and the Pride since he has been in charge. Any info is welcome, I want to put together a pretty strong page with some valid information straight from the people, whether you want him fired or not. I may receive some negspek for this, but it's worth it because I really think there needs to be a change. Maybe not who is directing the Pride, just his attitude towards everything because obviously he doesn't care what the people(fans) think.

Personally I disagree with the way he treats people and how he plays favorites. I don't like the show choices he picks or the direction he is taking the Pride. I don't think he should be fired, but firebrianbritt.com is a lot more interesting then brianbrittneedsanopenmind.com. If you have something to share please post it here or pm me your opinions, I will never use any persons name or anything to affiliate them with the site. That is, unless they want me to, which I doubt will happen.

So thank you ahead of time for any info you may want to pass on.

Jimminy Crimson
2/3/2006, 02:48 AM
Maybe the new director will allow Britt to stay on as his secretary, and he's probably not even qualified for that!

oumartin
2/3/2006, 09:29 AM
the pride absolutely sucks!

Soonrboy
2/3/2006, 09:34 AM
the crowd wants loud.

in case you are writing a poem.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/3/2006, 10:09 AM
More Brass!

proud gonzo
2/3/2006, 10:10 AM
I'm staying completely away from this.

mrowl
2/3/2006, 10:11 AM
More Brass!

this would fix a lot.

oumartin
2/3/2006, 10:24 AM
More ba!!s

OklahomaTrombone
2/3/2006, 10:28 AM
1. If you're still in Pride, you are making a HUGE mistake. Trust me and few other people.

2. If you have any friends in Pride - See above.

3. Don't do it.

4. Trust me.

5. Got it yet?

6. I am out.

oumartin
2/3/2006, 10:42 AM
surely they are not still in the pride.

TheBobbyTrain
2/3/2006, 11:55 AM
just posting here to tie myself in with this thread, otherwise it would be lost without me.

OklahomaTuba
2/3/2006, 12:03 PM
Still sad to see how far the pride has fallen.

I hope next year its not even worse.

NormanPride
2/3/2006, 12:04 PM
I spent 5 years in the Pride. Every year was more fun than the last, and the only complaints I had was with the way some of the drill was written, really. Maybe some of the music was a bit too hard rather than being more fun. Whatever, nobody's perfect.

I really don't understand what you guys are complaining about... I've sat in the upper corners of the upper deck (home side) and thought the Pride sounded great. But then again I was trying to cheer for the team rather than ragging on a volunteer group that's doing their best.

OklahomaTrombone
2/3/2006, 12:32 PM
just posting here to tie myself in with this thread, otherwise it would be lost without me.

heh

Jimminy Crimson
2/3/2006, 01:01 PM
But then again I was trying to cheer for the team rather than ragging on a p!ss poor director who is running a once great tradition into the ground.

AMEN! :D

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 01:10 PM
I always sorta wanted to hear the pride play funny stuff and uhm "Empire Strikes back" and stuff.

Put that on yer website.

NormanPride
2/3/2006, 01:12 PM
What kind of funny stuff? I always thought it would be fun to have a show dictated by the fans. Run a poll online or something. The students still pick the movie show, and that's usually pretty fun.

okienole3
2/3/2006, 01:18 PM
Hire this guy.

http://www.reelfilm.com/images/drumline.jpg

Big Red Ron
2/3/2006, 01:22 PM
What kind of funny stuff? I always thought it would be fun to have a show dictated by the fans. Run a poll online or something. The students still pick the movie show, and that's usually pretty fun.Totally! Like instead of a tribute to Henry the VIII through Wogner (lol, whatever). A tribute to Kramer from Seinfeld or play the rival's song of the team we're playing (especially when that team didn't bring their band). I dunno just more creativity and less artsy - fartsy.

Cool formations are only cool if we see ONE, just effin ONE OU paperclip.

I took my daughter (10 at the time) to the TCU game and kept telling her "watch they'll march in formation and make the OU before they're done." Didn't happen. Sucked cause she loves watching both the game and the half time show but she doesn't understand the artsy fartsy stuff.

PrideTuba
2/3/2006, 01:22 PM
1. If you're still in Pride, you are making a HUGE mistake. Trust me and few other people.

2. If you have any friends in Pride - See above.

3. Don't do it.

4. Trust me.

5. Got it yet?

6. I am out.

Im not in Pride anymore and none of my friends are in Pride, they all quit after this year it was so bad.

apusooner
2/3/2006, 01:25 PM
Hire this guy.

http://www.reelfilm.com/images/drumline.jpg

at least they played EW&F

okienole3
2/3/2006, 01:26 PM
he mixed "old school" with "new school."

cofCtuba
3/21/2006, 10:15 PM
Just letting everyone know that the site is back up. Some of yall may have noticed that it was gone for a few weeks, but it is back up now for good, hopefully. I'm proud to say I had a part in it, I'm one of those "hateful", "vicious," and "malicious" people. When football season starts again I think people will get more into it, but for now it's back up, it needs some polishing, but it will get better. Just to let you know what we're dealing with I want to tell yall about how Brian Britt responded to our little website, and I just want to get this thread going again. He did not take it well. Looking back, it's very amusing, and those who aren't in Pride will not believe it. When he found out about it, he sent an email out to the whole Pride, I was in the Pride so I got it too.

Hi Everyone!

I hope you are having a great week and have managed to steer clear of the
many colds/viruses going around! Things are getting very exciting as our
first Assistant Director of Bands candidate, Mr. Chad Nicholson, is in town
and undergoing the many phases of the job interview process. Mr. Nicholson
is a wonderful person, conductor, and teacher and I hope you will have the
opportunity to meet him while he is here.

On another note, there are evidently some people who feel very strongly in
a negative way about the direction the band program, has been taking the
past five years and about the treatment they have received from me
personally. So much so, in fact, that they have started an anonymous
website: FireBrianBritt.com. There are several strong, negative, and
hateful, assertions made about me personally, a percieved decline in the
peromance level of the Pride, and about my leadership of the organziation.
One of the major points seems to be that I have made band less fun and that
I have been inflexible and harsh with people. It's hard to know how to
respond to these accusations since the site is anonymous. Rather than try
to defend myself against these assertions, I think it would be more
productive to do the following and attempt to resolve this issue, even if
the outcome is simply to agree to disagree as adults:

1. I invite everyone to visit FireBrianBritt.com and carefully read the
assertions included therein
2. If you are in agreement with these assertions, please let me know so we
can set up a time to visit about these issues with no fear of recourse or
reprisal by me.
3. We can do this in an open forum with a moderator. I promise to listen
to what eveyone has to say and will do my utmost to try and understand
others points of view.

It is instructive for me to read these strongly held opinions and accounts
about my alleged actions over the past five years. In every case, there is
more to the story than what appears on the site, and in each instance in
which I am alleged to be overly harsh, this occurred after months (and in
some cases years) of trying to correct behavior(s) that in my professional
opinion were detrimental to the mission of the Pride.That's my job.
Furthermore, some of these exchanges occurred after someone attacked me on
a public website without coming to see me. These issues were never
personal in my opinion, but they evidently became personal to those
involved and for that I apologize. NOTE: I have to date not received an
apology from any of the people making these allegations, nor have I
retaliated by making anonymous postings on the internet.

I make my share of mistakes, I will admit that. However, when I make
mistakes I do so in the public eye and everyone knows that it was my
mistake and that it was not an anonymous deed. That is part of my job. It
is sad to me that someone(s) would feel so strongly that I am in the wrong,
and that they are in the right yet, they will not come speak to me in
person, and will not put their names on this vicious public site. That's
neither fair nor productive. These individuals hide behind their anonymity
which impedes the healing process and provides them a level of privacy
which I am not granted. If we are going to disagree, let's do so in a
public forum. It we're not going to do so, I really can't change or solve
anything and I question the level of "concern" voiced by those who posted
this site.

Please let me hear from you if you agree or disagree with the opinions
asserted on this site. I want to do all I can to ensure that everyone in
our program is proud of what we do, enjoys the process, and feels that I
have their best interest at heart. I know that it is impossible to make
everyone feel that way, but I remain committed to trying to get as close to
the goal as possible.

I thank you for your time and remain committed to working tirelessly with
everyone associated with our band program to make the Pride of Oklahoma the
best organization of its kind in the world.

Boomer Sooner!

It only gets better though, the very next morning he sent out another email to the whole Pride, this is the good one. It's funny that he sent the first one to his co-workers and boss, but not this one.

You are amazing people. I have never recieved so many emails so quickly in
my life!

I can't thank you enough for your outpouring of kindness yesterday. I am
humbled that so many of you took the time to write and for the website that
was built in a positive vein yesterday. I will do my best to live up to
your kind assessment of me.

Hate is a very dangerous emotion. It causes us to act irrationally and to
do and say things that are hurtful and destructive to others.

Here are some quotations about hate that I think can teach us all some
valuable truths.

"Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its
vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It
causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and
to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true." Martin
Luther King

"We hate some persons because we do not know them; and we will not know
them because we hate them." Charles Colton

"Hating someone is like drinking poison yourself and hoping that it kills
the person you hate. It doesn't work." Anonymous

I am relieved to see that so many of you do NOT feel negatively about our
organization and the direction we are headed (thanks for the cool new
"positive self-esteem" website by the way)! However, I remain committed to
reaching out to those who would do such hateful things and hope that they
will consider talking to me about their concerns rather than continuing to
stew about their perceptions of my treatment of them and the band program.

In conclusion, let me say that I will not be seeking to destroy the people
who have done this, but I will be handing all of the related information to
the university administration for their use. These people are entitled to
express their opinions, as is their constitutional right, but they are not
entitled to berate, humiliate, laugh at, intimidate, or mock people who are
making an honest effort to do their jobs, even if they disagree (quite
strongly) with how they or their friends are treated on a given date (like
for instance Feb 2, when this website was created, perhaps in response to
an event that transpired earlier that day).

If something like this ever happens to you, you should know that you can
find out who does something like this to you. An employee at IT services
went to http://www.accesswhois.com/search/search.asp yesterday and
forwarded me the Registrant Contact, Administrative Contact, Technical
Contact, and the Billing Contact of the person responsible for this site.
The person responsible (or perhaps someone affiliated with them) has since
gone and deleted the site and the information. Fortunately, I printed it
out before they did so and I will be able to pass this info along to
university officials for a fair and thorough investigation as we are
innocent until proven guilty in this great nation of ours. It is also
fortunate that I printed out the site contents before they were destroyed
and I will pass them along as well.

Thanks again for your support. I am humbled by your kindness.

Boomer Sooner!

Mr. Britt

What a lesson in professionalism. I'm only in 13 hours of school and I don't have time to write emails like that. Shouldn't he be working instead of worrying about a little website? How long did it take him to get all of those quotes on "hate" I wonder. The site only had about 20 hits before he told the whole Pride then it had over 400 hits. He gave us more publicity than we could have ever dreamed of! I mean, all he was doing was getting the Pride behind him and against us before they even looked at the site, instead of actually addressing the statements on the website. We got some hate mail, but we got a lot of positive mail too. I was in on the site because I don't like the direction of the pride, and also because of the way he treated a close friend of mine. And Brian Britt even alluded to that event claiming that that was why the site was purchased in the first place, which is not true, it just pushed me over the edge. The site was in the works long before that. The idea was sparked a long time ago. He does not take criticism well and completely dismisses points of view contrary to his, and even threatens people! He was very smart though, instead of calling us out, he just gave the link for everyone to go to to see for themselves. As if that was going to scare us, then he even said that he was going to "pass this info along to
university officials for a fair and thorough investigation." We took the site down for a while for some improvements and additions but it's back up. I figured his statements were just scare tactics thinking he would silence us, but just to be sure I went to the President of the University of Oklahoma and it could not have gone better. People I think naturally take the professors side over the student in situations like this, but yall would be surprised at some of the things that were said. I won't go into it all, but just know that we're not in the wrong here and he saw the contents of the site and said it is not "vicious." Brian Britt just gave me the opportunity to tell President Boren how he has reacted to this site and other situations involving former Pride members. When he'll deal with it, I don't know, it's out of my hands but I'm glad that I was "able to pass this info along to
university officials." As the website said, we don't necissarily want him fired, but just for things to be changed, and I'm amazed at how quickly it could work, and it's all because of Brian Britt himself.

OklahomaTuba
3/21/2006, 10:28 PM
Tubas are always starting ****. ;)

Go get em bro. Gotta stand up for what you believe in. Damn the man (and make sure you got a lawyer JIC).

But you are so right. The Pride sounds like crap these days. Like I said, I used to be able to hear them in my seat. Something happened that now I cannot, and its not my hearing!

TheBobbyTrain
3/21/2006, 10:33 PM
the reaction this has gotten has been hilarious. simply hi-larious.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 10:41 PM
I can't believe that slick haired no-talent excuse for a band director is still on staff at OU.

We must continue the fight.

<insert quotes about sucky band directors here> :rolleyes:

HAHA

Kels
3/21/2006, 11:08 PM
A friend of mine was a section leader for the Tubas in the Pride. He didn't seem to be up-in-arms over everything. His experience with the current leadership was positive.

There will be a bunch of new Pride members this fall. Probably 1/4-1/3 of the band will be new, I'm guessing. In two or three years, this will be off the radar screen, no one will know or remember.

Good, bad, or otherwise, it's the Achilles heel of campus life: turnover.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:13 PM
In two or three years, this will be off the radar screen, no one will know or remember.

Speaking of...

Nobody will remember this Britt fella as soon as he is fired.

Everyone remembers Coach, even those (like myself) who have had nothing at all to do with the band.

I'm sure there is a middle school somewhere where little Brian can teach band. :texan:

GottaHavePride
3/21/2006, 11:16 PM
Season ticket holders don't turn over, though. And if they're still bitching about 1984 Ou/Texas, they'll keep bitching about the Pride, too. ;)

cofCtuba
3/21/2006, 11:16 PM
In two or three years, this will be off the radar screen, no one will know or remember.

I hope not, for the sake of the Pride. Hopefully more and more people continue to see through the bull and don't just go along with everything they're told. That's dangerous.

Jimminy Crimson
3/21/2006, 11:20 PM
Season ticket holders don't turn over, though. And if they're still bitching about 1984 Ou/Texas, they'll keep bitching about the Pride, too. ;)

Especially if the new drum major can't even do his job and brush the ground with his Q-tip.

I don't care if the drum major is good at band, music, leadership or whatever, just arch your f'n back and do what you are supposed to! :mad:

OUAndy1807
3/21/2006, 11:23 PM
A friend of mine was a section leader for the Tubas in the Pride. He didn't seem to be up-in-arms over everything. His experience with the current leadership was positive.

totally shocking considering that one of the complaints on the website is that Britt plays favorites.

keep up the good fight.

BajaOklahoma
3/22/2006, 12:06 AM
Add spelling errors in his first email to his list of crimes.

OUlissa
3/22/2006, 12:06 AM
I think this website is a great way to get change started. But, what I really believe needs to happen is that people need to start contacting those in charge...Britt, Wakefield, and Boren. If these people don't know that the fans are unhappy, then nothing will be done. Being an alum of the Pride, I can see and hear the difference. There is no punch, there is no boom and it seems like there is very little fun. Fun is what its all about. Well, that and playing really freaking loud.

GottaHavePride
3/22/2006, 12:09 AM
I think this website is a great way to get change started. But, what I really believe needs to happen is that people need to start contacting those in charge...Britt, Wakefield, and Boren. If these people don't know that the fans are unhappy, then nothing will be done. Being an alum of the Pride, I can see and hear the difference. There is no punch, there is no boom and it seems like there is very little fun. Fun is what its all about. Well, that and playing really freaking loud.
Heh. After the first thread complaining about the Pride, Britt got several hundred e-mails. That's what started the whole ****storm in the first place.

Jimminy Crimson
3/22/2006, 12:12 AM
Heh. After the first thread complaining about the Pride, Britt got his panties in a bunch. That's what started the whole ****storm in the first place.

:texan:

PrideTuba
3/22/2006, 12:21 AM
He needs to get several hundred more, along with Dr. Wakefield and President Boren. Brian has all the time in the world to write emails, maybe he will respond to the new ones.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2006, 12:33 AM
Just tell Dean that britt made fun of his truck.

He'll be gone.

yermom
3/22/2006, 07:06 AM
Just tell Dean that britt made fun of the USPS.

He'll be gone.

fixed ;)

GrombleOU
3/22/2006, 11:14 AM
There will be a bunch of new Pride members this fall. Probably 1/4-1/3 of the band will be new, I'm guessing. In two or three years, this will be off the radar screen, no one will know or remember.

I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen, or nothing will ever improve for the Pride. Somebody needs to educate the new members about what's going on and make them realize that there is still a problem and what can be done about it.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:25 AM
This dood is a head case if he is writing little emails like that. Wah wah wah, what a whiner!!

He probably googles every day the name "Brian Britt" to see what things have been written about himself...

Very insecure to involve everyone. Coach would have called the dude some name and then move on...

No respect for BB and will not provide $ until thins change in The Pride. JMO.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/22/2006, 11:26 AM
I used to love the band. I still love the opening, but at halftime, I rarely listen FWIW.

Unless A&M is in town ;)

NormanPride
3/22/2006, 11:29 AM
All you haters are helping the terrorists win. The Pride is at war for the children and we need to support it.

In all seriousness, I love Mr. Britt. He was always kind to everyone I associated with, even when we screwed up. I always felt that if I had a problem, I could just talk to him about it. I imagine that it would be the same for most of you guys as well. If you just talked to him, I bet he'd at least hear you out.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:32 AM
Who wants to hold hands. I didn't with Coach. I just wanted some good charts, a good show and to blow the M.F.'ing doors off the other band and to give the folks in the stands a feeling that would tingle their spine with our sound!

PrideTrombone
3/22/2006, 11:49 AM

That's what people said two years ago when all this started.

Rhino
3/22/2006, 11:49 AM
You guys sure are talking alot about band.

RiddlerOK
3/22/2006, 12:05 PM
There was this one time, when I was at band camp....................................

RiddlerOK
3/22/2006, 12:06 PM
What really amazes me is the number of Pride tuba players that frequent this board..........ex-Pride tuba player here, from 1980.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah, and none of them are hot young female tuba players either.

SteelPanz
3/22/2006, 01:11 PM
We need all the flutes and clarinets who don't fit in bikinis to volunteer for the water cooler staff. The rest can stay. We also need more brass. Lots and lots of brass. The flutes and clarinets who can fiti in bikinis can put their instruments away and dance on poles and a makeshift portable stage. Oil will be supplemented.

We all need to march like A&M. The crowd's not there to listen to the band play Eminem hits. They just want to see goofy formations and pole dancing.

A sledge band needs to play OKLAHOMA with crowd moshing.

sooneron
3/22/2006, 01:19 PM
Crikey! A Steel Panz sighting! First Bri, now you. Who's next? ITRZ?

Norm In Norman
3/22/2006, 01:24 PM
We need all the flutes and clarinets who don't fit in bikinis to volunteer for the water cooler staff. The rest can stay. We also need more brass. Lots and lots of brass. The flutes and clarinets who can fiti in bikinis can put their instruments away and dance on poles and a makeshift portable stage. Oil will be supplemented.

We all need to march like A&M. The crowd's not there to listen to the band play Eminem hits. They just want to see goofy formations and pole dancing.

HOLY GUACAMOLE!

swardboy
3/22/2006, 01:30 PM

Me likee

SteelPanz
3/22/2006, 01:36 PM
bri was really here? wow. i need to go back into hiding. maybe soonerwill will show up again.

Stanley1
3/22/2006, 01:40 PM
Its band people, who cares?

cofCtuba
3/22/2006, 05:14 PM
In all seriousness, I love Mr. Britt. He was always kind to everyone I associated with, even when we screwed up. I always felt that if I had a problem, I could just talk to him about it. I imagine that it would be the same for most of you guys as well. If you just talked to him, I bet he'd at least hear you out.

People have gone to him. He dismisses people that disagree with his ideas, it's even gotten ugly, and if he doesn't like you, he'll do just about anything to show you he's in charge.
insecure is the perfect word for that. Like someone said earlier, he plays favorites, those who go along with everything he says without questioning he is wonderful to, but if you disagree with him, he doesn't take it to well, shooooweeeee.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/22/2006, 11:10 PM
What really amazes me is the number of Pride tuba players that frequent this board..........ex-Pride tuba player here, from 1980.

Ditto, 1978 - 1980

cofCtuba
3/22/2006, 11:19 PM
A couple of years ago at Homecoming an old Pride Tuba alum said to me, "tubas got balls." I've always remembered that, it's so true.

Duke o Brewery
3/23/2006, 12:33 AM

Good, bad, or otherwise, it's the Achilles heel of campus life: turnover.

Kels, I think I know which section leader you're referring to since I've known all of the tuba section leaders in the Britt era. If we're talking about the same person then you must have misunderstood, because even though he isn't the type to rock the boat he did have serious issues with Britt and members of his staff on numerous occasions.

Duke o Brewery
3/23/2006, 12:42 AM
If you just talked to him, I bet he'd at least hear you out.

I felt the same way until I did speak with him a few different times and voiced opinions about Pride matters that he didn't agree with. I nearly always left his office feeling patronized and dismissed by hollow words.

GrombleOU
3/23/2006, 04:50 PM
Its band people, who cares?

People like you are why Britt still has a job. There are those of us who don't only care just about the football team, but about the entire experience of going to the games. Oh, and if you didn't know, there are 320+ people in the Pride, so you should ask one of them who cares about band, or even just music in general.

You guys sure are talking a lot about band.

You should check out the title of this thread, then probably read the first post on it, and then when you realize that it's a band thread, you should probably just stick a large object up your ***. My gosh.

TheBobbyTrain
3/23/2006, 05:01 PM
^
:les:

PrideTrombone
3/23/2006, 06:06 PM
People like you are why Britt still has a job. There are those of us who don't only care just about the football team, but about the entire experience of going to the games. Oh, and if you didn't know, there are 320+ people in the Pride, so you should ask one of them who cares about band, or even just music in general.

You should check out the title of this thread, then probably read the first post on it, and then when you realize that it's a band thread, you should probably just stick a large object up your ***. My gosh.

You may want to read the board a bit more and get a feel for people's personalities before you go spouting off. This board is a haven for the shameless and the sarcastic. So let's not get all sensitive, mmkay slappy?

apusooner
3/23/2006, 06:26 PM

maybe you should take the large object out of your a**

colleyvillesooner
3/23/2006, 06:27 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/bandnerds9

Heh:
http://images.cafepress.com/product/11833849_240x240_F.jpg

Duke o Brewery
3/23/2006, 06:35 PM
One positive is that the assistant director of The Pride is moving on and the leading candidate to replace him is Jeff Jahnke, the director from Jenks H.S.
I've worked with him at clinics and he definately had more of a tough-minded, Thrailkill-like approach to teaching and performing. I hope he gets the job.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2006, 08:04 PM
One positive is that the assistant director of The Pride is moving on and the leading candidate to replace him is Jeff Jahnke, the director from Jenks H.S.
I've worked with him at clinics and he definately had more of a tough-minded, Thrailkill-like approach to teaching and performing. I hope he gets the job.

Wasn't Jeff a former drum major, perhaps the last one that could actually get his "q-tip" on the ground?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2006, 08:05 PM
Damn, is this a Tuba only thread?

How many former tuba-tappers here...We always said we had balls back in 1978...

PrideTrombone
3/23/2006, 08:09 PM
Wasn't Jeff a former drum major, perhaps the last one that could actually get his "q-tip" on the ground?

He is a former drum major, not sure if he could hit the ground or not. Apprently the first OU drum major to do that has some major back problems now. :)

PrideTuba
3/23/2006, 10:34 PM
Damn, is this a Tuba only thread?

How many former tuba-tappers here...We always said we had balls back in 1978...

02 and 03 here.

Back to the subject:

What I have heard about the candidates, I think Jeff Jahnke is the man for the job. One of the candidates is already on band staff so I think everybody knows how that will turn out if he gets picked.

apusooner
3/24/2006, 01:29 AM
Robert Goodner could touch it to the ground, he was after jahnke.

OUTromBoNado
3/24/2006, 02:21 AM
All you haters are helping the terrorists win. The Pride is at war for the children and we need to support it.

When I was in Pride, I went in and talked to Britt about stuff like this. I disagreed with quite a bit of stuff regarding the direction of the Pride (i.e., music choices, drill design, etc.) I approached him, went to office, had a lengthy, civil conversation with him. He thanked me for my concerns and approaching him in a professional manner. Have those concerns been resolved? Not really. But sometimes it takes time. There are ways to approach someone when giving complaints and critiques to them without it looking like an "attack."

With the way emails, teh innerweb, and other electronic means of communications have grown, personal communication has really become detached. It's very easy to read an email or IM out of context and with the wrong tone. Either a phone call or a personal visit is best...it's more personal...you can ascertain emotions and feelings that way. Sometimes all the difference in getting a point across and being listened to in a conversation is how it's delivered and the tone of voice involved. I hope that made sense.

Like the website says, there was a definite decline in 2004. I think some of that stuff was a carry-over from "incidents" in 2003. Things never got off on the right foot from the beginning in '04. Looking back, I think there was so much emphasis being placed on organizing the Pride Centennial stuff that the rest of the season was sort of accidentally neglected. But, I can also remember that it sure seemed like there was a lot of people in Pride that year that were there just to hang with friends and go to football games. Everyone was pretty confident about going to a good bowl game in 04-05, I think that's what a ton of people were really in there for. It was a constant to fight to get anything done with these people, especially in sectionals. People had no motivation or care to work. Bad attitudes spread. Then everything goes downhill. 2004 was kind of a weird year. Maybe it was "Senioritis" on my part, maybe not.

As far as changing pre-game goes.....With the exception of removing Grand Old Flag, I always got the impression that fans would be majorly pi**** off if pre-game was ever f***ed with. Maybe I'm wrong on that one.

BlondeSoonerGirl
3/24/2006, 09:46 AM
Who the hell registers on the board to tell someone to stick a 'large object up their ***' and then follows it with 'gosh'?

:eddie:

TheHumanAlphabet
3/24/2006, 10:16 AM
...then follows it with 'gosh'?

:eddie:

He must be dot, not feather...

I got nothin'.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/24/2006, 12:40 PM
Who the hell registers on the board to tell someone to stick a 'large object up their ***' and then follows it with 'gosh'?

:eddie:Napolean Dynamite

Duke o Brewery
3/24/2006, 02:19 PM
It was a constant to fight to get anything done with these people, especially in sectionals. People had no motivation or care to work. Bad attitudes spread. Then everything goes downhill. 2004 was kind of a weird year. Maybe it was "Senioritis" on my part, maybe not.

As far as changing pre-game goes.....With the exception of removing Grand Old Flag, I always got the impression that fans would be majorly pi**** off if pre-game was ever f***ed with. Maybe I'm wrong on that one.

I'd have to say that 2003-2005 were all 'kind of weird years', in the respect that people had no desire to work and things were a constant struggle. Bad attitudes were prevalent and as we all know Attitude Reflects Leadership. Many who are defending Britt's leadership seem to explain away the Pride's declining level of performance as the fault of the students. That explanation simply doesn't hold water. The students don't pick the music, set the schedule, lead the rehearsals, etc.

I believe these problems, especially the ones in sectionals, can be partially explained by one simple fact: Since Britt became director he has consistantly selected his section leaders based on their level of musicianship while blatantly making LEADERSHIP and CHARISMA secondary considerations. I belive that Coach chose his section leaders differently than Britt and I believe that they were much more effective leaders/teachers on average.

On Pregame, you're right. About all that needs to be changed is that Grand 'Ol Fag needs to be replaced with something like OK Oklahoma or Fight for OKU and some of the interlocking OU drill needs to be redone because you can see the OU coming. Coach's old drill was much crisper and kept the OU hidden until the last second. We need something like that again.

GottaHavePride
3/24/2006, 03:07 PM
On Pregame, you're right. About all that needs to be changed is that Grand 'Ol Fag needs to be replaced with something like OK Oklahoma or Fight for OKU and some of the interlocking OU drill needs to be redone because you can see the OU coming. Coach's old drill was much crisper and kept the OU hidden until the last second. We need something like that again.

We had changed it to OK Oklahoma there back for the 2001 season and did it for one game. Then some *******s flew some airplanes into some buildings, september something-or-other I think - early in the month, anyway, and we put Grand Old Flag back in pregame right after that.

PrideTuba
3/24/2006, 03:30 PM
Yea, they put Grand Old Flag back in after that and I think that was the right move. It is now time to take it out and put something in its place, and I love the interlocking OU but I am bored with it. I dont think it should be taken out, but like Duke O Brewery said,
the interlocking OU drill needs to be redone because you can see the OU coming. Coach's old drill was much crisper and kept the OU hidden until the last second. We need something like that again.

PrideTrombone
3/24/2006, 03:31 PM
We had changed it to OK Oklahoma there back for the 2001 season and did it for one game. Then some *******s flew some airplanes into some buildings, september something-or-other I think - early in the month, anyway, and we put Grand Old Flag back in pregame right after that.

Damn you Osama, for making me play Grand Old Flag about 100 more times than I would've had to.

PrideTrombone
3/24/2006, 03:32 PM
and some of the interlocking OU drill needs to be redone because you can see the OU coming. Coach's old drill was much crisper and kept the OU hidden until the last second. We need something like that again.

Yup. No suspense at all. Sure, they lost the "OJ" look, but did they have to telegraph it?

TopDawg
3/24/2006, 04:02 PM

gromble gromble gromble

Dio
3/24/2006, 05:48 PM

I used to give Jeff crap when he was the drum major at Moore back in the day. He's cool, though.

Oh, and the drumline pwns the tubas.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/24/2006, 07:46 PM
I believe these problems, especially the ones in sectionals, can be partially explained by one simple fact: Since Britt became director he has consistantly selected his section leaders based on their level of musicianship while blatantly making LEADERSHIP and CHARISMA secondary considerations. I belive that Coach chose his section leaders differently than Britt and I believe that they were much more effective leaders/teachers on average.

Don't know what goes on in the Britt Pride. But I agree with Duke, Coach was not necessarity about "musicality", he wanted SOUND! To that end, the section leaders were the strongest at getting the most out of the section. In this order, sound, marching and musicianship were requirements. Many a Pride member made the block becuase they could march and they sounded loud. No one, and I mean NO ONE would understand great musical nuances 50 rows in the stand. We used to joke about other bands that you could hear their woodwinds (late 70s time frame). I'm sorry, no fan in the stands should hear woodwinds unless the Brass are resting, IMO.

I seem to recall we played OK Oklahoma or the visiting fight song going into concert formation for the National Anthem. Then we went into Boomer, anyone seeing video of those days, the interlocking OU was "hidden" until the last squad(s) were pivoting into position and then it came together...It was cool!

Oh and before someone accuses me, I'm no band homer and don't live for The Pride and all things OU bands. I enjoyed my time in the Pride and enjoy honking horn once a year at Alumni band, other than that, I have a life, such as it is traveling around the world, seeing airports, hotels and office building and shipyards...I mean it could be a lot worse, I love my job. I enjoy this discussion regarding The Pride.

Mrs. THA was employed with Trent Smith(?) when he was at Edmond North, so I know a little behind the scenes info regarding Britt when he was a mid-school director (or some such) and his posse (Trent was a part of that or a wanna be...I can't remember). I know Mrs. THA didn't have a high regard for Britt from his professional reputation...Mrs. THA has never been wrong regarding a person's true character.

PrideTuba
3/25/2006, 04:01 AM
I should probably clarify that I am no longer affiliated with this website, when it got cancelled I quit messing with it because my time was better suited for other things. So now somebody else is taking it over and I have no idea who, but I am glad they are. I think its funny how some people react to sites like this, I was in the CP and noticed I got this wonderful remark as negspek, "you're like Stalin- you're history." Whoever did it, ide like to thank you because you just brightened my day. It's probably one of the GA's that lurk around here giving Brian all the info on what is being said about him; then he probably writes some whiny emails to all the Pride asking them to email him telling him they love him.

Personally I cant wait until football season starts for two reasons, 1. OU is going to dominate and 2. the Pride is going to be worse and I want to see all the chaos it generates. Like somebody has mentioned before we need to start another email campaign, but this time it needs to continue until we see some change. Well, its 3am and im going to stop blabbering and I promise this wasnt a drunken post. Everybody have a good Saturday.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, I got negged to...Only the doofus is an "idot" newbie and gave me a blue dot instead...You're probably right, either a suck up GA for Britt or a brain washed little Pride toady that thinks all things band walks on water. For me, we razzed Coach all the time, but he knew for the most part he had our respect...Only the 'bone section walked on water when I was there...;)

Al Gore
bri was really here? wow. i need to go back into hiding. maybe soonerwill will show up again.Wow.....Your back!!!!

...Also.....more cowbell....

CrimsonandCreamForever
I had abstained from these types of threads for quite a while now, but since this past season was my last year in the Pride, I figure, what the hell, go for it.

I was in for the 03, 04, and 05 seasons, and along with several of my friends in the same time frame, we had started to notice the decline. I don't know if you all have listened to our cd from this past season, but it is embarrassing to listen to the "quality" of the product we put out there. On the field, you can't really notice things that you can when you're out in front listening.

Of course when you're a freshman, everything's great, no matter what, and you'd give your right arm to go to all the games and all the other events throughout the season. This past fall, I remember waking up at 5:30 on game days (having to be at Everest by 6:15 to practice) and thinking, "Why am I doing this? I'd rather stay home and sleep til noon, have a few beers, and go to the games like a normal person."

That, along with some other things directly involving Mr. Britt (telling me what I can and can't do at my own house on my own time) has finally taken it's toll on me, and I'm not going back. It's just not fun anymore. I used to have a great deal of respect for him, but after being around him for three years, that respect has fallen to absolutely ZERO.

Oh yeah, and I think this firebrianbritt.com thing is hilarious. Way to be professional about it, Mr. Britt!

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2006, 10:23 AM
That, along with some other things directly involving Mr. Britt (telling me what I can and can't do at my own house on my own time) has finally taken it's toll on me, and I'm not going back. It's just not fun anymore.

Excuse me, what's this about?

Oh, the day The Pride was no longer fun, was the day I decided to hang up the uniform at the end of the season...Graduation on time was more important...

Oh, the newbie negged me at 3:20 am...must be a toady newbie lurker...

CrimsonandCreamForever
3/25/2006, 10:41 AM
Excuse me, what's this about?

Oh, we had a party at my house one night (read: college kids getting together and drinking, loud music, etc, NOT read: Officially Sanctioned University of Oklahoma Drumline Function) where some of the alums decided to have a little sit down chat with the rookies that were there (read: talk about how things used to be, what was expected, etc, NOT read: hazing, inflicting bodily harm, forcing to drink, etc). Well, needless to say, I got a call the next day from Mr. Britt wanting to meet in his office. At said meeting, he proceeded to tell me that anytime some drumline people get together, regardless of the premise or the location, is an official function. And as per the new section in the student code on hazing (including a line that says something to the effect of "any activity that separates 'new people' from the 'old people'") told me that hazing at any of these events is in violation of said code and any activity contrary to this statement would put my membership status in the Pride "in jeopardy".

I miss the days when seniority meant something, and people just bucked up and put in their time like the rest of us.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2006, 10:47 AM
Okay, that's f'ing bullshi'ite! Britt is a frigging egomaniac. That is so sad. Of course you could have told him to F himself what you do at home away from school is not his business. Then he would have told you to turn in your uniform or next year, you would have never made block.

That is so sad. I would not have been a Pride member today if that is the case...

Yeah, back in the day...(oops, I'm hazing...) people just learned the music, worked hard as hell, got it done, complained about the hard work and partied hard as hell. It was one big family, people looked out for each other...I don't get that impression today.

CrimsonandCreamForever
3/25/2006, 10:55 AM
Which is the exact reason I won't be in uniform next season!

mrowl
3/25/2006, 11:07 AM
when are tryouts? and thousands of emails need to happen before then so this can be changed.

CrimsonandCreamForever
3/25/2006, 11:09 AM
Usually the week before school starts. We've got all summer.

GottaHavePride
3/25/2006, 02:09 PM
And as per the new section in the student code on hazing (including a line that says something to the effect of "any activity that separates 'new people' from the 'old people'") told me that hazing at any of these events is in violation of said code and any activity contrary to this statement would put my membership status in the Pride "in jeopardy".

I miss the days when seniority meant something, and people just bucked up and put in their time like the rest of us.

They better abolish the section leaders and drum major, then; since new member's aren't eligible for those positions that's hazing.

Rhino
3/25/2006, 03:27 PM
You should check out the title of this thread, then probably read the first post on it, and then when you realize that it's a band thread, you should probably just stick a large object up your ***. My gosh. Really, that American Pie quote is getting old.

My gosh.

PrideTuba
3/25/2006, 03:55 PM
It was one big family, people looked out for each other...I don't get that impression today.

It's not that way today unless you are in the frats or the sorority or you go to tri-drunk. In my lowly 2 years the only people I knew were the people I knew before I was in Pride, and the guys in the tuba section.

Of course I didnt really help any of that because in my last year, 04, I decided that the Pride was starting to get boring and no fun. So because of that me and a couple of my friends decided we were not going to listen to a single word Brian or any of the directors said. Doing that made Pride a lot more fun, we played as loud as we possibly could at all possible times and we did absolutely whatever we wanted all the time. That probably sounds bad, but what are the directors going to do, kick me out of Pride? That was fine with me, no more 4am tuba breakfasts or 6:30am practice.

when are tryouts? and thousands of emails need to happen before then so this can be changed.

Yes, thousands of emails NEED to happen before there is any change. Once summer hits, the email campaign should start, maybe we can make a thread here to discuss everything happening with the emails. Of course if we don't want to clutter soonerfans, we can always make an outside forum to discuss it. This way we all know what is happening and we dont just hear rumors.

Sooner24
3/25/2006, 04:56 PM
Brian Britt is the one on the left, I believe.

http://friends.macjournals.com:81/pics/coach/BrianCoachDavid003.jpg

Dio
3/25/2006, 06:27 PM
...me and a couple of my friends decided we were not going to listen to a single word ...any of the directors said. Doing that made (band) a lot more fun, we played as loud as we possibly could at all possible times and we did absolutely whatever we wanted all the time. That probably sounds bad, but what are the directors going to do, kick me out?

That was me in high school band, exactly.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2006, 08:48 PM
It's not that way today unless you are in the frats or the sorority or you go to tri-drunk.

By frats or sorority do you KKPsi and TBS? I was a past president of KKPsi. Back in the day we were a service organization that did the grunt work around the band. We had rituals, but nothing really organized outside of loading the truck and passing out water and apples at half-time. Most people had other things to do outside of band, so these weren't the social outlets...

WHat's tri-drunk?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/25/2006, 08:50 PM
Oh, I heard Coach was teaching at Norman North, is that true?

PrideTrombone
3/25/2006, 08:59 PM
Oh, I heard Coach was teaching at Norman North, is that true?

He filled in last spring for a semester.

Tri-drunk (or the Tri-Drunk-A-Thon) is a series of 3 parties, one on each day of the long Labor Day weekend. Each leg is hosted by a different person/house/apt, and it's usually drunkytown central.

KKY and TBS seem to do a lot more socially than when you were in band, and of course there's Phi Mu Alpha (social music fraternity) and Sigma Alpha Iota (music sorority) that draw people also.

TheBobbyTrain
3/25/2006, 11:32 PM
... and of course there's Phi Mu Alpha (social music fraternity)

which is much tamer than it used to be, dammit.

PrideTuba
3/25/2006, 11:40 PM
By frats or sorority do you KKPsi and TBS? I was a past president of KKPsi. Back in the day we were a service organization that did the grunt work around the band. We had rituals, but nothing really organized outside of loading the truck and passing out water and apples at half-time. Most people had other things to do outside of band, so these weren't the social outlets...

WHat's tri-drunk?

Frats I meant KKPsi and PMA, although PMA isnt really a band frat they still have a big membership in the Pride, and the sorority is TBS. They are getting more social, they do a lot more. I dont really know what exactly because I never paid attention, but I know they do a lot more now.

That was me in high school band, exactly.

Wasn't it great?

GottaHavePride
3/25/2006, 11:49 PM
Yes, thousands of emails NEED to happen before there is any change. Once summer hits, the email campaign should start, maybe we can make a thread here to discuss everything happening with the emails. Of course if we don't want to clutter soonerfans, we can always make an outside forum to discuss it. This way we all know what is happening and we dont just hear rumors.

Oh, and anyone on here that plans on staying in the Pride should stay very far away from that if it happens. the backlash from the last time that happened was not pretty. You can ask PrideTrombone about it, but he tries to stay out of that stuff anymore.

PrideTuba
3/26/2006, 01:01 AM
Oh, and anyone on here that plans on staying in the Pride should stay very far away from that if it happens. the backlash from the last time that happened was not pretty. You can ask PrideTrombone about it, but he tries to stay out of that stuff anymore.

Ive been done with Pride comingon 2 years, so itll be alright, but def. good advice for anybody reading this that is still in band. Knowing how Brian acts towards this stuff, ide hate to be in band when it happens.

CrimsonandCreamForever
3/26/2006, 02:08 AM
That's kinda why I stayed away from commenting on this stuff as long as I did.

Duke o Brewery
3/26/2006, 02:25 AM
Are there forums on firebrianbritt.com? If any sort of coherent email campaign to revitalize the Pride is to be organized that would seem like the ideal place for it to begin.

Question for anyone who might know:
When was the Tri-Drunk/Tridrunkathon first held? When I joined The Pride in 2000 it seemed like it was already a well established tradition.

PrideTuba
3/26/2006, 02:26 AM
That's kinda why I stayed away from commenting on this stuff as long as I did.

Well now that you are out, you can say anything you want. Hopefully this site will really take off during football season.

Duke o Brewery
3/26/2006, 02:34 AM
I don't know if anyone has posted this, but here is a link to a thread from last fall that discussed the issues everyone is having with The Pride:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47475

It's pretty long. There are a few worthwhile posts.

cofCtuba
3/26/2006, 03:41 AM

Amen. He tried to put a stop to a lot of the tuba stuff on Texas weekend in '04, it's probably a lot goofier than drumline's, but it's still important, it teaches the freshman valuable lessons, we brought it all back this past year though, it's still not the same as it used to be though before Brian tried to get rid of the fun, overall, this freshman class didn't give a rats behind about the togetherness of the section, and part of the reason is because we had a section leader that is a Britt clone and just wants to talk about tone, articulation, balance, and playing softer.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/26/2006, 04:36 AM
Amen. He tried to put a stop to a lot of the tuba stuff on Texas weekend in '04, it's probably a lot goofier than drumline's, but it's still important, it teaches the freshman valuable lessons, we brought it all back this past year though, it's still not the same as it used to be though before Brian tried to get rid of the fun, overall, this freshman class didn't give a rats behind about the togetherness of the section, and part of the reason is because we had a section leader that is a Britt clone and just wants to talk about tone, articulation, balance, and playing softer.

You mean that during the OU/Texas weekend there aren't tubatapper initiations, people going in their car to drive to the nearest liquor store (Coach ALWAYS put us up in a dry county hotel) and setting up party rooms for the evening and then having frosh puke their guts out on the field after Coach (with a big smile on his face) put us through spin-turns at morning block? ;)

Oh and did I mention all the hook-ups after the booze was flowing...How about Bus #5 (or #7 - I foret) and coolers lining the aisleway, the only way in the aisles was to step on the coolers...Good Times.

If you all can't do some of this, then Britt is a Nazi and the Pride is no longer fun...or dare I say, worth all the hard work.

PrideTuba
3/26/2006, 01:09 PM
Oh there is initation, but it is at your own risk because Brian goes crazy about it and does not want them to do it. There is a lot of booze around OU/texas, but im thinking not as much as what you are thinking. I could be wrong though, I was/am not much of a drinker so I never really took part in much of that.

GottaHavePride
3/26/2006, 01:14 PM
You mean that during the OU/Texas weekend there aren't tubatapper initiations, people going in their car to drive to the nearest liquor store (Coach ALWAYS put us up in a dry county hotel) and setting up party rooms for the evening and then having frosh puke their guts out on the field after Coach (with a big smile on his face) put us through spin-turns at morning block? ;)

Oh and did I mention all the hook-ups after the booze was flowing...How about Bus #5 (or #7 - I foret) and coolers lining the aisleway, the only way in the aisles was to step on the coolers...Good Times.

If you all can't do some of this, then Britt is a Nazi and the Pride is no longer fun...or dare I say, worth all the hard work.

They don't work marching fundamentals like they used to. Look closely at the mark-times next time you see the Pride.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/26/2006, 01:53 PM
Is there any way he can help them form a straight line during the interlocking O U? TIA.

CrimsonandCreamForever
3/26/2006, 01:58 PM

The exact same thing happened to us this past year. At the discretion of Mr. Britt, we spent all summer coming up with new stuff we had to do. The new stuff totally sucks compared to what we used to do, which is why he forbade us to talk about how it used to be. Well, the rookies found out about what we used to do, and they wanted to do it anyway. Of course, though, Britt wouldn't let us do it, even though they wanted to!

Also, the section leader this past season was so far up Britt's a** that it wasn't even funny. How do you think Britt found out about that party? :eddie:

CrimsonandCreamForever
3/26/2006, 02:03 PM

OU/texas weekend is still a big initiation time for everyone. No alcohol anymore, though. If you're caught with a beverage at the hotel by him or any of his minions, you're putting your membership status "in jeopardy".

Also, bus #5 is now the drumline bus, and, oh yeah, drinking is outlawed on the busses now too. What used to be dragging coolers and 'clanking' duffel bags on the bus has turned into see if you can sneak a pull from this bottle without getting caught.

PrideTuba
3/26/2006, 02:23 PM
I know this year during OU/texas some of the older Pride people were yelling
"texas sucks" during pregame practice. Well somewhere during all of that Brian told the entire Pride that, "texas doesnt suck, they are the #2 team in the country" I would be willing to bet that he is going to take out the upside down longwhorn next year. He is ruining every single tradition that makes the Pride what it is, and what is funny to me is, im sure he didnt have such negative thoughts about initiations when he was in Pride.

TheBobbyTrain
3/26/2006, 02:51 PM
Also, bus #5 is now the drumline bus, and, oh yeah, drinking is outlawed on the busses now too. What used to be dragging coolers and 'clanking' duffel bags on the bus has turned into see if you can sneak a pull from this bottle without getting caught.

you can actually thank bus #6 on the Rose Bowl trip for putting all of that into motion

Sooner24
3/26/2006, 02:55 PM
I say FIRE the scum for not having a Halloween Halftime!!!!

cofCtuba
3/26/2006, 03:21 PM
They don't work marching fundamentals like they used to. Look closely at the mark-times next time you see the Pride.

Not even close, I was a squad leader and griped and griped about marching fundamentals but I didn't have any support because the directors didn't make it important enough, the people in my squad just laughed it off as just me popping off again. I would always say "kick the midget!", meaning when you march stick that toe up as if your kicking a midget in the rear. That's what the section leader my freshman year would always say and it worked on me. He was one of Coach's students when marching was part of it too. This past season once about every two weeks we worked marching fundamentals for about 15 minutes and no one in my squad ever got corrected, and Britt had his GA's walking around watching everybody, it never solved anything and the marching continued to be horrid. Simple 8 to 5 marching is the worst, so sloppy.

Duke o Brewery
3/26/2006, 06:45 PM
I've noticed that fbb.com has added a few emails from supporters and detractors of the website. Keep 'em coming! We need some serious discussion both here and on that website.

apusooner
3/26/2006, 07:32 PM
I still don't understand why you shouldn't say anything if you are still in band. What's the worst he could do? I stood up to him, and I'm still doing just fine. People need to quit bringing the weak sauce.

apusooner
3/26/2006, 07:33 PM
By the way, if you are considering a career in music, the director of the pride of oklahoma has zero clout in the industry. zero. none. i'm doing just fine without his reccomendation.

OklahomaTuba
3/26/2006, 08:05 PM
Well somewhere during all of that Brian told the entire Pride that, "texas doesnt suck, they are the #2 team in the country" I would be willing to bet that he is going to take out the upside down longwhorn next year.

:eek:

You are ****ting me!!!!!

You have got to be ****ting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is wrong with this jackass?

This guy should have been gone a long time ago. Statements like that simply cannot be acceptable. He should be run out of the state for that BS.

PrideTuba
3/26/2006, 08:55 PM
:eek:

You are ****ting me!!!!!

You have got to be ****ting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is wrong with this jackass?

This guy should have been gone a long time ago. Statements like that simply cannot be acceptable. He should be run out of the state for that BS.

Im not kidding, not at all. Once cofCtuba sees this, im sure he will testify to that because he is the one that told me about it. When you are the director of the biggest "spirit" squad the University has and you go and say that the #1 rival of your school does not suck, something is wrong. Especially when you are a former member and student of the University where you teach, I couldnt believe it when I heard it.

cofCtuba
3/26/2006, 10:15 PM
Im not kidding, not at all. Once cofCtuba sees this, im sure he will testify to that because he is the one that told me about it. When you are the director of the biggest "spirit" squad the University has and you go and say that the #1 rival of your school does not suck, something is wrong. Especially when you are a former member and student of the University where you teach, I couldnt believe it when I heard it.

Yep, it was texas week when we ran pregame for the first time and all the upperclassmen yelled it and he blew his whistle and stopped everything. "texas does not suck, they are the #2 team in the country, we will not be saying that at ou/tx." And also, he said we couldn't say "texas still sucks" in the drumline cadance marching into the stadium before home games down Boyd and Asp. The fans love that! Most of us tubas still did it, but all the other sections quit. He didn't have a problem with it in 2002 in the Rose Bowl Parade on national television, but he's gradually been SUCKing the spirit of college football in Oklahoma out of the Pride. That might have something to do with the decreased volume and horrid marching, they're not as excited anymore, going to football games is just a job now. See, he's all about political correctness and having class and what not. He loves to say that the Pride represents the State and University of Oklahoma, so we need to be respectul and courteous to the other teams fans, band, and players, and always congratulate them if we lose to them. I don't get it, if the Pride was really "representing" the State of Oklahoma they wouldn't be acting all "politically correct" and what not. They'd be loud and obnoxious like real Oklahoma football fans are. Brian Britt needs to sit in the north end zone, or section 9 with my parents for a game, give him a baptism by fire. I know he wouldn't hear, "we respect our opponents."

Duke o Brewery
3/26/2006, 10:20 PM
I can vouch for it. He said it.
We were told that any Pride member in uniform heard saying that texass or any other opponent 'sucks' is putting their membership in the band 'in jeopardy'.

One of my friends who was in Pride last season said he was harshly reprimanded by Britt and his staff for silently flashing the 'horns down' sign at texas players as they came down the Cotton Bowl tunnel. The reasoning behind this reprimand was that "texas officials have voiced concern about the close proximity of the OU band, ruf/neks, and cheerleaders to the tunnel entrance."

Un-freaking-believeable, yes, but true. What's next? Will they order the Pride to applaud as the longwhorns take the field?

OklahomaTuba
3/26/2006, 10:22 PM
What a ******.

If Coach ever got his old *** up and said "texas doesn't suck, kids", well I think I might have crapped my spatz.

Who ever replaces this guy in the near future better be oozing with school spirit and a clue about major college athletics and what the peeps in the stands paying his bills want, not trying to compete with union and broken arrow high school.

cofCtuba
3/26/2006, 10:26 PM
Even worse, before the saxet game last year when the Pride was standing around getting ready to get in parade block, the saxet band pulled up with signs and flipping us off and one of my friends who was a tuba just held up his hand, (5, for 5 years in a row), and Britt came and got in his face and yelled, "DO YOU WANNA GO HOME!" This was even bizarre to me, just for holding up a "5," to their band who was flipping us off!

PrideTuba
3/26/2006, 11:24 PM
As if the story above couldnt get any worse, it does. Last year, '04, at OU/texas when the game was over and the texas players were leaving the field. An austin newspaper took a picture of a few Pride members holding up their hand, for 5 wins in a row. Well either him or somebody on his staff took the newpaper clipping with that picture and hung it up in the glass cases lining the halls leading to the band room. One might wonder why this picture, filled with a bunch of TBS suck ups, gets hung up in praise. Though, if a tuba player who admittedly caused a little bit of trouble does it, he gets yelled at by the Director who is inches from his face, "do you wanna go home?" I call that playing favorites and punishing people because they simply do things that you dont like.

Brian Britt is the most immature, insecure, unprofessional person I have ever met. To make it all worse, he is filling his band with staff and people that do nothing but suck up to him and make his ego worse. I know for a fact that I will NEVER give a single CENT to that band as long as he and his staff are in charge.

OUlissa
3/26/2006, 11:29 PM
Here's something that I still can't figure out about Britt....he's a Pride alum, and he was in the band during some of its craziest times. He watched how Coach got things done while still allowing everyone to have fun. What about Britt makes him take all of these things for granted? I can't imagine any other alum getting that job and squashing all the fun and traditions that they lived while they were in Pride.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/26/2006, 11:32 PM
Does Joe Castiglione and his political correctness and sportsmanship have anything to do with who the band director is? That reeks of a Joe C. decision regarding the Texass Sucks stuff.

GottaHavePride
3/26/2006, 11:42 PM
I can vouch for it. He said it.
We were told that any Pride member in uniform heard saying that texass or any other opponent 'sucks' is putting their membership in the band 'in jeopardy'.

I'm still waiting for him to back that statement up with someone. until then he might as well say they'll be "given a stern talking to with no real consequences". On the other hand, I HAVE seen Coach throw a drummer out of the band for being so drunk they couldn't put their uniform pants on.

Duke o Brewery
3/26/2006, 11:48 PM
I would be willing to bet that Joe C. has at least some input on matters regarding the direction of the spirit groups and the Pride. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that the Athletic department pays for a lot of the Pride's expenses on things such as bowl trips, etc. That would give him some leverage with the directors.

Duke o Brewery
3/26/2006, 11:50 PM
On the other hand, I HAVE seen Coach throw a drummer out of the band for being so drunk they couldn't put their uniform pants on.

I remember that guy. 2000 OU/tx wasn't it?

GottaHavePride
3/26/2006, 11:59 PM
That sounds right.

OUTromBoNado
3/27/2006, 12:20 AM
Does Joe Castiglione and his political correctness and sportsmanship have anything to do with who the band director is? That reeks of a Joe C. decision regarding the Texass Sucks stuff.

This is probably quite a bit of the case with Britt. Anything the Athletic Department says about what the Pride should do, I think he generally goes along with it. Remember, it's hard to argue with the bosses when you haven't been given tenure yet. A lot of the new policies about alcohol and other stuff is directly related to the Hammontree death. We all know the university policy is full of BS...it can't really be heavily enforced. It was something done simply to save face PR-wise. Now, all the students have to suffer because of it.

With Coach, he had tenure. Also, as he approached retirement, he was of the attitude, "What are they gonna do? Fire me?" That much can be seen in the Orange Bowl trip in 2000.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/27/2006, 12:35 AM
Plus, Coach had some "black mail" pic of Switzer flipping off the camera on a 1970-something OU-Texas program coaches pic (when he was a asst. coach). I've seen the pic. He is definitely flipping off the camera. Story goes that the photog and Chuck Fairbanks(?) got ****ed and told him not to do it, they were taking one last pic and it was going in as is. Well, he did and it did...Its subtle though...

Coach knew where the skeletons were, Nazi Britt doesn't...

And everyone is SOOOO afraid of being sued...When I was an U/G, some SAE pledge was road tripped and forced to drink alky and got alky poisoning...I think they had their party priviledges revoked for a semester. What was funny, is that after the incident and before the IFC announced punishment, all of the house "For Sale" signs in Norman were stolen and put up on their lawn...So drinking alky on university functions wasn't frowned upon so bad...I think the old Ruf 'Neks had an incident that started the ball rolling to not tolerating drinking so well...

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 01:33 AM
With Coach, he had tenure. Also, as he approached retirement, he was of the attitude, "What are they gonna do? Fire me?" That much can be seen in the Orange Bowl trip in 2000.

:D

I am so thankful that my career in the pride ended with that game.

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 01:36 AM
I remember that guy. 2000 OU/tx wasn't it?

Independence Bowl, 1999.

We reduced Coach to tears after he woke up to a swimming pool full of beer and alcohol bottles.

The hotel was a POS and a RUF/NEK passed out in someones room as well I believe.

Ike
3/27/2006, 04:12 AM
I know this year during OU/texas some of the older Pride people were yelling
"texas sucks" during pregame practice. Well somewhere during all of that Brian told the entire Pride that, "texas doesnt suck, they are the #2 team in the country" I would be willing to bet that he is going to take out the upside down longwhorn next year. He is ruining every single tradition that makes the Pride what it is, and what is funny to me is, im sure he didnt have such negative thoughts about initiations when he was in Pride.

anybody who can say, with a straight face, that texas doesn't suck is not a Sooner.

apusooner
3/27/2006, 04:37 AM
Independence Bowl, 1999.

We reduced Coach to tears after he woke up to a swimming pool full of beer and alcohol bottles.

The hotel was a POS and a RUF/NEK passed out in someones room as well I believe.

It was OU/tx when the drumline guy did that. I remember being too hungover to laugh at the guy.

The Independence Bowl thing was the first bitch-out speech that ever made me feel bad. I'll admit, I did help line up the bottles around the fence of the pool, but it started out as a help to clean up, but there were too many damned bottles lying around. It looked like a liquor store blew up. I think that night, the Pride "drank the entire state of Louisiana in one night." Next step, conquer Texas in one night.:D

Oh yeah, you can't knock the Shoney's Inn ;)

Dio
3/27/2006, 09:53 AM
On the other hand, I HAVE seen Coach throw a drummer out of the band for being so drunk they couldn't put their uniform pants on.

I thought Tommy Lee went to Nebbish:confused: :D

TheBobbyTrain
3/27/2006, 11:54 AM
but if mr britt did get in people's faces for having signs at ou/texas, im glad he didn't see the one i had in '02 and '03 that said:

part 1 - "Let's see a Hook'em Horns....."

part 2, shown after part 1 - "...If you're gay."

It sure was a crowd favorite, unless you were a horn fan suckered by it.

Duke o Brewery
3/27/2006, 01:59 PM
:D

I am so thankful that my career in the pride ended with that game.

Did you ever have to pay for breaking that bed at the hotel in Miami? :eddie:

PrideTrombone
3/27/2006, 02:24 PM
Did you ever have to pay for breaking that bed at the hotel in Miami? :eddie:

I thought it was Red that broke the bed and Tuba who poured the vodky into the TV.

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 02:28 PM
No I never did pay for anything. I was so drunk I actually told the hotel dude that I broke the bed power ****ing.

BigRed pouring Vodka into the TV was greatness.

Duke o Brewery
3/27/2006, 03:04 PM
I thought it was Red that broke the bed and Tuba who poured the vodky into the TV.

Other way around.

Tuba wanted to break both beds in my room, but we were able to convince him that the one was enough. I think it was about 10 minutes later was when we heard Big Red in the suite nextdoor say "UH OH! There's sparks coming out of the TV! I didn't do it."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/27/2006, 05:41 PM
No I never did pay for anything. I was so drunk I actually told the hotel dude that I broke the bed power ****ing.

BigRed pouring Vodka into the TV was greatness.And people say liberals are asses.

OUTromBoNado
3/27/2006, 08:33 PM

BigRed pouring Vodka into the TV was greatness.

Was it you that had the 44oz. football of Heineken? You had to convince the cop to let you have it on the train back to the hotel. 'Cause I think I went with you to Bubba Gump's that night.

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 09:37 PM
And people say liberals are asses.
Who says that?

OklahomaTuba
3/27/2006, 09:41 PM
Was it you that had the 44oz. football of Heineken? You had to convince the cop to let you have it on the train back to the hotel. 'Cause I think I went with you to Bubba Gump's that night.

Heh. Yup.

I think I still have that 44oz football somewhere.

Duke o Brewery
3/27/2006, 09:59 PM
For you older Pride alums, in case you're interested, here are the links to the current/newest Pride Tuba website and the OU Drumline homepage:

www.outubas.com

www.ou.edu/drumline

cofCtuba
3/27/2006, 10:14 PM
I learned tonite from a fellow tuba that the Pride boosters are calling band parents trying to find out information on firebrianbritt.com and who did it and what not. It's not even football season and they're making a huge deal about this, I can't wait until the season starts and the site really takes off. I don't understand, Brian Britt knows who's behind it, this is just making me more adamant in keeping this going and come football season it's gonna be huge. He is being such a baby, if anyone gets Brian Britt fired, it's himself.

Duke o Brewery
3/27/2006, 10:21 PM
If true that is insane. Do you know if Boren/the administration has spoken with Britt about the whole issue?

cofCtuba
3/27/2006, 10:29 PM
If true that is insane. Do you know if Boren/the administration has spoken with Britt about the whole issue?

I do not know.

PrideTuba
3/27/2006, 10:36 PM
The same tuba player whose parents got called said when the people called, they asked, "have you heard or been told any information about a website against Mr. Britt called firebrianbritt.com?"

How terrible is this, im so glad Brian Britt has all this spare time to write emails and get people to dig up dirt on the website. Shouldn't he be spending his extra time doing things like teaching classes, writing drill, organizing next years pride, getting music for the shows, etc. That is why he gets paid right? What an insecure person.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/27/2006, 10:56 PM

Sounds like a tuba action...We broke one in 1979 in Miami, when another tuba guy ~300 lbs decided to dive onto the bed. It was quite up to the task...

PrideTuba
3/27/2006, 11:23 PM
Isnt it funny how all us tuba players are just alike?

OUMOM
3/27/2006, 11:23 PM
I can not believe that a mature man would react to a web site such as this. I think this only shows how immature he must be. These students are only speaking their minds and trying to get people to finally stand up and say enough already. I enjoy parts of the pregame, the opening but would like to hear something other than the Grand Old Flag. If I have to hear another "movie show" I think I will scream!! It is time for new music. I loved the pride when my daughter was in it from '97 - '00. The band was loud and you could tell they had a lot of fun and kept the crowd in the game.

Now you can't even hear the band from our seats. It is very sad to see this after so many years of great bands. I think people should write, call and email Dr Boren about your concerns.

Mr Britt appears to not have enough to do if he can send such immature emails such as the ones posted on FBB.com. The parents association should be ashamed of themselves for calling pride parents about this type of thing. Mr Britt had to have put them up to it, as I know of no other time that this has ever occurred while I was a member. What happened to free speech?

I know the band used to just send us an envelope in the mail for a donation and I have always sent in a donation, now they have people call and beg for money. It is really sad what is happening and I think everyone here that is posting should get involved to get things changed.

College is supposed to be the best years of your life and being in this band at this time is certainly not that.

PrideTuba
3/28/2006, 12:21 AM
Mr Britt appears to not have enough to do if he can send such immature emails such as the ones posted on FBB.com. The parents association should be ashamed of themselves for calling pride parents about this type of thing. Mr Britt had to have put them up to it, as I know of no other time that this has ever occurred while I was a member. What happened to free speech?

Yeap, he is obviously bothered by something on the site. He is just roasting himself by acting like such a child.

What I want to know is, there has to be somebody on these forums that was in band with Brian in the 80's. Was he the biggest nerd alive? The 80's were hardcore, and he had to partake in some of that. I heard a story from a lady after a game this season how he used to make the drummers run stadium steps with their drums above their head. Sounds to me like Brian is an advocate for "do as I say not as I do." If anybody was in band with him, do you have any stories? or better yet, pictures?

PrideTuba
3/28/2006, 12:31 AM
And as per the new section in the student code on hazing (including a line that says something to the effect of "any activity that separates 'new people' from the 'old people'") told me that hazing at any of these events is in violation of said code and any activity contrary to this statement would put my membership status in the Pride "in jeopardy".

They better abolish the section leaders and drum major, then; since new member's aren't eligible for those positions that's hazing.

Exactly, they better abolish the fraternities, sororities, drum majors, section leaders, squad leaders, and all away games that seperate upper and underclassmen.

If you think about it, saying that an underclassmen is not allowed to go to an away game because they are an underclassmen is by Brians definition, "hazing." He better watch it or somebody might report him and every single person on that staff for hazing. I hear you can get into some deep sh*t for that.

Im going to go read the student code and university handbook to see what the official rules say.

PhxSooner
3/28/2006, 12:34 AM
This is insane. Britt really needs to develop thicker skin. I remember the day Coach announced the end of the power step for pregame; about 40 people wents nuts and demanded a meeting. They got their meeting, and Coach listened to ranting and raving for a while. Afterward, he announced that the decision stood, and I really don't remember anything being done against the people who went off on Coach.

And for crying out loud, even as an ex-member, it's just band.

PrideTuba
3/28/2006, 01:04 AM
And for crying out loud, even as an ex-member, it's just band.

It does matter because its not "just band" its the Pride. Brian is treating people like crap, throwing around his power, and bullying people. I dont care if it is, "just band" its a big deal, especially since it is the biggest spirit organization at the University. If you dont care thats fine, but to some people its not "just band" people make a living on "just band." It is the "real world" so if he breaks rules then he must be dealt with, and he thinks he is untouchable. Well, he isnt.

Duke o Brewery
3/28/2006, 01:16 AM
PrideTuba, I think what PhxSooner is saying is that Britt has gone off the deep end when it comes to his extremely paranoid reactions to fbb.com and/or students and fans taking issue with his direction. Coach dealt with similar issues without leading an inquisition. Britt is the one that needs to realize what the Pride is and what it is not.

PhxSooner
3/28/2006, 01:19 AM
It does matter because its not "just band" its the Pride. Brian is treating people like crap, throwing around his power, and bullying people. I dont care if it is, "just band" its a big deal, especially since it is the biggest spirit organization at the University. If you dont care thats fine, but to some people its not "just band" people make a living on "just band." It is the "real world" so if he breaks rules then he must be dealt with, and he thinks he is untouchable. Well, he isnt.
I'm not directing the "just band" to you. And please, I care about the Pride. I was in it, my brother was in it, I met my husband in it. But if this thing is escalating out of control in the spring, the fall will be a nightmare. If Britt is out of control, talk to Wakefield or someone in the School of Music. But if he has the full support of the admin, music and above, the Pride members who are really upset about this have pretty big problems on their hands.

And FYI, I know several of the OU music staff/professors, and high school band directors in Oklahoma. I am fully aware that people make a living doing "just band". But unless you are a music major or music ed major, at some point you have got to cut your losses if the school of music admin and university admin do not back you up.

PhxSooner
3/28/2006, 01:20 AM
PrideTuba, I think what PhxSooner is saying is that Britt has gone off the deep end when it comes to his extremely paranoid reactions to fbb.com and/or students and fans taking issue with his direction. Coach dealt with similar issues without leading an inquisition. Britt is the one that needs to realize what the Pride is and what it is not.
That would be my point put more succinctly.:D

PrideTuba
3/28/2006, 09:18 AM
I'm not directing the "just band" to you. And please, I care about the Pride. I was in it, my brother was in it, I met my husband in it. But if this thing is escalating out of control in the spring, the fall will be a nightmare. If Britt is out of control, talk to Wakefield or someone in the School of Music. But if he has the full support of the admin, music and above, the Pride members who are really upset about this have pretty big problems on their hands.

And FYI, I know several of the OU music staff/professors, and high school band directors in Oklahoma. I am fully aware that people make a living doing "just band". But unless you are a music major or music ed major, at some point you have got to cut your losses if the school of music admin and university admin do not back you up.

I totally understand, and I must have just misread your post, it was around midnight and I had been doing some homework all night. I never meant to imply that you dont care about the Pride, I dont think anybody who has ever been in Pride can "not care about it." Britt is out of control and there has been a meeting with President Boren, but I dont want to go into details about that because I was not in the meeting. If the person who was wants to talk about it, thats fine, but ill just simply state that Boren didn't agree with Brian.

Its true, if he does have the support of all the music people then there isnt much we can do. What we can do is continually send emails, make phone calls, and spread the word about what he has done. They can choose not to listen, but getting emails/phone calls about the same thing everyday might make it a little hard to ignore. If Brian would have acted like an adult, none of this would have happened.

*edit*
I just found out some wonderful news, next year the Pride is doing yet another movie show, the movie committee has their first meeting Wednesday.

GottaHavePride
3/28/2006, 10:25 AM
*edit*
I just found out some wonderful news, next year the Pride is doing yet another movie show, the movie committee has their first meeting Wednesday.

The movie shows used to be great, back when they'd let Roland wait until the last possible second to pick the music. (Gladiator and The Mummy come to mind.) He'd usually wait until after all the big-soundtrack blockbusters come out on the 4th of July and use those. Now it's turned into "lame medley of movies no one watched when they first came out 15 years ago"

Scott D
3/28/2006, 10:38 AM
The movie shows used to be great, back when they'd let Roland wait until the last possible second to pick the music. (Gladiator and The Mummy come to mind.) He'd usually wait until after all the big-soundtrack blockbusters come out on the 4th of July and use those. Now it's turned into "lame medley of movies no one watched when they first came out 15 years ago"

so we can expect Ishtar's theme music to be the home opener this year.

mrowl
3/28/2006, 10:39 AM

Mummy was greatness.

cofCtuba
3/28/2006, 11:18 AM
Mummy was greatness.

Oh my, that was the greatest movie show I can remember, it was so loud!!! I haven't been around that long though, but that was an awesome show.

OklahomaTuba
3/28/2006, 12:11 PM
That wasn't loud.

Loud was the 2000 Big 12 Championship with us sitting next to the KSU band in the stands and outplaying their sorry asses in subfreezing temps.

I will give it up to KSU's band though, they know how to get their fans going during a game. The Pride could take a few lessons from them.

apusooner
3/28/2006, 01:00 PM
who's idea was it to play lady marmalade? that was a poor decision.

and loud was the pep band that went to louisville and played louder than their whole band. that and BK yelling at the "fat fan" from about 150 feet away. i still laugh at that.

cofCtuba
3/28/2006, 06:59 PM
That wasn't loud.

Loud was the 2000 Big 12 Championship with us sitting next to the KSU band in the stands and outplaying their sorry asses in subfreezing temps.

I will give it up to KSU's band though, they know how to get their fans going during a game. The Pride could take a few lessons from them.

Oh yeah, that was loud too. I just really liked the mummy show. I was a sophomore in high school and after that I knew I wanted to be in the Pride. There was another show that was awesome to me, I don't remember if it was '98, '99, or 2000, but it had Birdland and Sing Sing Sing, I remember loving that show.

PrideTuba
3/28/2006, 07:27 PM
Birdland is a great song, too bad the Pride these days couldnt pull it off.

PrideTrombone
3/28/2006, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah, that was loud too. I just really liked the mummy show. I was a sophomore in high school and after that I knew I wanted to be in the Pride. There was another show that was awesome to me, I don't remember if it was '98, '99, or 2000, but it had Birdland and Sing Sing Sing, I remember loving that show.

That was '01, if it included Birdland. Oddly, that's one of the few Roland arrangements I wasn't a big fan of even though I liked the original song.

PrideTrombone
3/28/2006, 10:19 PM

Apparently they announced the hiring of Jahnke today.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/28/2006, 10:42 PM
Big surprise there...not...

cofCtuba
3/28/2006, 10:49 PM
I don't know anything about him.

PrideTuba
3/28/2006, 11:00 PM
Hopefully he will be so awesome they will fire Brian, then the band can go back to being the powerhouse it should be.

OklahomaTuba
3/28/2006, 11:12 PM

and loud was the pep band that went to louisville and played louder than their whole band. that and BK yelling at the "fat fan" from about 150 feet away. i still laugh at that.
Heh, papa johns stadium. That pep band trip greatness.

The best time I had on a road trip (besides the orange bowl as many already know) was Lubbock in 99. After we lost that evening a few of us went to the bar and Eshbach was sitting there, so we just invited ourselves. I think he had just found out about Leach leaving while we were sitting there, and thought Stoops wouldn't last without him.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/28/2006, 11:22 PM

The best time I had on a road trip (besides the orange bowl as many already know) was Lubbock in 99. After we lost that evening a few of us went to the bar and Eshbach was sitting there, so we just invited ourselves. I think he had just found out about Leach leaving while we were sitting there, and thought Stoops wouldn't last without him.Remember how they kept trying to give away that car and no one would take it? A Daiwoo.

GottaHavePride
3/29/2006, 12:08 AM

I still remember "Hey, Fat Fan! They arrested your mom!"

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2006, 12:36 AM
Remember how they kept trying to give away that car and no one would take it? A Daiwoo.

Why do you hate Koreans? ;)

After this week, I could tell you a multiple reasons to hate them. They do not know anything about pleasing the customer and meeting project requirements...Deer in headlights look is popular with Koreans when you speak to them about project requirements...

OklahomaTuba
3/29/2006, 12:46 AM
Remember how they kept trying to give away that car and no one would take it? A Daiwoo.
That was funny. Pretty crappy car to give away.

The scoreboard in the shape of the T logo was leaning like the tower in pisa. I kept waiting for that damn thing to fall over.

PrideTrombone
3/29/2006, 05:55 PM

"PIZZA HUT!! PIZZA HUT!!"

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/29/2006, 06:06 PM
That was funny. Pretty crappy car to give away.

The scoreboard in the shape of the T logo was leaning like the tower in pisa. I kept waiting for that damn thing to fall over.by the end everyone was chanting "TAke the car! Take the car!"

Sooner24
3/29/2006, 08:07 PM

They ended up calling 20+ names before one of the students went up to claim it. That would have been even funnier if we hadn't laid down in the second half and gave the game away.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/14/2006, 02:08 AM
Apparently they announced the hiring of Jahnke today.
I heard he's a toolbox and ****s Britt's **** as much as the rest of the band staff. I havent heard the Pride this year, anyone care to enlighten me as to the current state of affairs?

PrideTuba
10/14/2006, 07:57 PM
I heard he's a toolbox and ****s Britt's **** as much as the rest of the band staff. I havent heard the Pride this year, anyone care to enlighten me as to the current state of affairs?

They are just as bad as usual.

colleyvillesooner
10/14/2006, 10:42 PM
Today was bad. Multiple times it was hard to even hear them, and then they would be really loud on the next song. Very confusing.

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/15/2006, 12:56 AM
I thought I might've heard a new Boomer Sooner cheer on TV today. One that goes up chromatically or something similar? Not their best work.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 01:22 AM
Yes, the new Boomer thing sucks ***.

85Sooner
10/15/2006, 02:28 PM
MORE COWBELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!