PDA

View Full Version : MCL

okienole3
2/2/2006, 07:28 PM
Tore my MCL playing basketball last night. It kind of hurts. Anyone else ever done this?

yermom
2/2/2006, 07:33 PM
i think Rufus last year... or was that Perkins?

OUinFLA
2/2/2006, 07:51 PM
yep, playing intermural basketball at OU.
40 years and three surgerys later, it aches everytime it gets cold or is going to rain.

Widescreen
2/2/2006, 07:53 PM
Mini C**k Length? I'll bet that hurt!

okienole3
2/2/2006, 08:12 PM
Mini C**k Length? I'll bet that hurt!

Massive. But yes, she did cry out but it was a pleasurable pain.

okienole3
2/2/2006, 08:13 PM
yep, playing intermural basketball at OU.
40 years and three surgerys later, it aches everytime it gets cold or is going to rain.

Thanks for the good news.:O Damn intermurals. Hey, we won and I scored post injury too.

Howzit
2/2/2006, 08:19 PM
I've had an ACL reconstruction and 3 scopes to repaired damaged MCL and general wear and tear since about '93. The good news is that, if you have surgery, the advances from 40 years ago are astronomical. It's outpatient surgery now, and I have no lingering effects at all.

OklahomaTrombone
2/2/2006, 08:30 PM
I had my knee scoped in the summer of 2002 to repair a torn miniscus and do some MCL repair. I still have a little pain in that knee which I think is due to more minisci tears than anything else. To give you an idea, I had the surgery in mid july and was at Pride Camp in mid August with only minor pain/swelling.

OUinFLA
2/2/2006, 09:10 PM
I've had an ACL reconstruction and 3 scopes to repaired damaged MCL and general wear and tear since about '93. The good news is that, if you have surgery, the advances from 40 years ago are astronomical. It's outpatient surgery now, and I have no lingering effects at all.

this is true!
to complicate my knee, I didnt have the surgery until about 6 years after the initial damage.
then I had an ortho doc in the Navy taking a "knee-repair for dummies" course. Back then it was slice it open and carve it out surgery. I was out for 8 weeks. then 6 months later, they had to do a ligament transfer that kept me in a cast for 12 weeks.
Check it out right away, the longer you wait, the more damage you're going to get. And today's surgery is way advanced over what I went through.

Stanley1
2/2/2006, 09:12 PM
I'm a giant p****. I've had an ACL reconstruction and 3 scopes to repaired damaged MCL and general wear and tear since about '93. The good news is that, if you have surgery, the advances from 40 years ago are astronomical. It's outpatient surgery now, and I have no lingering effects at all.

I quit reading after the first sentence.

Howzit
2/2/2006, 09:33 PM
Mr Howzit, sir, I idolize you and want to have your baby.
I know, son, I hear that a lot. Have Chick's baby instead.