PDA

View Full Version : Frustration with Doctors Offices (Not yours, OUDoc)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/2/2006, 06:01 PM
I called my doctors office earlier because I had a question. I left a message for either my doctor or the physician's assistant to return my call. That was at around 2. The chickie answering the phone said she would ask the nurse to call. Well, the office closed at 4:30 and the nurse never returned my call. It isn't an emergency, but still. . .

Mjcpr
2/2/2006, 06:04 PM
No, jumping up and down afterwards will not "fix it".

YWIA

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/2/2006, 06:05 PM
No, jumping up and down afterwards will not "fix it".

YWIAFix what? I would think that would make the problem worse.

BajaOklahoma
2/2/2006, 06:48 PM
SBSB, it is common for the non-critical calls to be returned after the office closes. And this time of year, it can take awhile to get them all done. I imagine they don't out of there until after 6 PM anyway.

Okla-homey
2/2/2006, 07:58 PM
Fix what? I would think that would make the problem worse.

I think our crude friend is referring to a primitive form or "morning after" birth control. NTTAWWT.

Penguin
2/2/2006, 08:19 PM
Silly people. If the girl holds her breath just as he *ahem*, then she will not get pregnant. It's a fact. It has something to do with air pressure or something like that.

Howzit
2/2/2006, 08:24 PM
Mrs. Howzit and I were discussing doctors' offices last night. She had a checkup and sat in the waiting room for an hour. Then they call her in to the room and she waits another 20-30 minutes. I have had this happen to me also with some regularity. And it does little to help my high blood pressure.

That is my frustration with doctors' offices.

The end.

jk the sooner fan
2/2/2006, 08:37 PM
but if you are 15 minutes late, they charge you......

crawfish
2/2/2006, 08:38 PM
Not only would you wait more than 1 1/2 hours at OUDoc's office, all he'd have to read is old Motor Trend and Highlight magazines. :mad:

He'd probably just call you back to make fun of you.

BajaOklahoma
2/2/2006, 09:00 PM
Hint: Get the first appt of the day, the first one after lunch or the last one of the day. Call ahead and see how close to on schedule they are running before you show up.

I rarely have to wait more than 15 minutes.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/2/2006, 10:04 PM
I always get good service when I see OUDoc. . .

Well I called the answering service and asked them to have the doctor's office call first thing in the morning.

FaninAma
2/3/2006, 02:13 AM
Here's what you do to avoid long waits. You take your kids(or somebody else's) and tell them to act as obnoxiously as possible. Pretty soon all the blue-hairs are bitching to the receptionist and presto!.....you get called back for your visit like magic.

This trick works on obnoxious hostesses at restaurants, too.

yermom
2/3/2006, 02:18 AM
you sound like you've seen this before

FaninAma
2/3/2006, 02:23 AM
you sound like you've seen this before

I've been known to employ the tactic at restaurants. It doesn't work in a Pediatrician's office because we're used to kids hanging off the ceiling fans anyway. You have to have some geriatric, high strung, senior citizen types around to be successful with this ploy. Young parents just tune their and other parent's kids out without any problems.

yermom
2/3/2006, 02:24 AM
heh

jk the sooner fan
2/3/2006, 07:11 AM
Here's what you do to avoid long waits. You take your kids(or somebody else's) and tell them to act as obnoxiously as possible. Pretty soon all the blue-hairs are bitching to the receptionist and presto!.....you get called back for your visit like magic.

This trick works on obnoxious hostesses at restaurants, too.

i've always found throwing up in the lobby speeds up the wait time......

BoogercountySooner
2/3/2006, 07:49 AM
Just walk into the office holding a small enclosed container way away from you and say the doctor wanted you to get this to him ASAP!

OUDoc
2/3/2006, 09:09 AM
Not only would you wait more than 1 1/2 hours at OUDoc's office, all he'd have to read is old Motor Trend and Highlight magazines. :mad:

He'd probably just call you back to make fun of you.
I rarely make anyone wait. Anyway, no one on this board comes to see me.

Maybe I should wear pants.

crawfish
2/3/2006, 09:17 AM
Anyway, no one on this board comes to see me.

Well, I didn't appreciate that you wanted to do a rectal exam when I came in for a sore throat...

;)

crawfish
2/3/2006, 09:21 AM
On the same topic, but nothing to do with OUDoc...

I find that whenever I bring my OWN reading material to the dr's office they get me in faster. Once I was actually looking forward to the normal 45-minute wait because it gave me free time to finish the book I was reading...they called me within 5 minutes.

OUDoc
2/3/2006, 09:23 AM
On the same topic, but nothing to do with OUDoc...

I find that whenever I bring my OWN reading material to the dr's office they get me in faster. Once I was actually looking forward to the normal 45-minute wait because it gave me free time to finish the book I was reading...they called me within 5 minutes.
It's because Hustler is not acceptable reading material in a waiting room.

crawfish
2/3/2006, 09:26 AM
It's because Hustler is not acceptable reading material in a waiting room.

Heh. Then that's even better than the bratty kids idea. :D

proud gonzo
2/3/2006, 10:44 AM
I went to the doctor a few weeks ago for a sinus infection. I paid my $15 copay but apparently the doctor they had see me wasn't under our insurance plan, so i've got a $60 bill now too. Not like it's that much, it just ****es me off. I know at least one of the doctors there is under the plan because insurance covered the visit i had previous to this one.

not as bad as what happened to my dad though. He had a kidney stone a couple of years ago and the doctor who treated him thought he was in plan and then found out he wasn't. My dad was VERY ****ed when he got his hospital bill.

FaninAma
2/3/2006, 04:31 PM
I went to the doctor a few weeks ago for a sinus infection. I paid my $15 copay but apparently the doctor they had see me wasn't under our insurance plan, so i've got a $60 bill now too. Not like it's that much, it just ****es me off. I know at least one of the doctors there is under the plan because insurance covered the visit i had previous to this one.

not as bad as what happened to my dad though. He had a kidney stone a couple of years ago and the doctor who treated him thought he was in plan and then found out he wasn't. My dad was VERY ****ed when he got his hospital bill.

Insurance companies are the succ.

IB4OU2
2/3/2006, 04:43 PM
My doctors office called me about a month ago and told me it was time for another physical. I scheduled it for yesterday and fasted all freakin day as they requested that I should for bloodwork. About an hour before the appointment I looked over my health plan and found out that it would not be covered because I can only have one physical every 24 months when covered by my insurance. I called them 30 minutes before the appointment and cancelled it and ask them why they scheduled me for a physical when they knew my insurance would not cover it. By that time (about 3:00 P.M.) I was starving so I went and had Lunch at KFC.
The end.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/3/2006, 04:45 PM
Well supposedly the PA left me a message yesterday, but if she did it was the only one I didn't get yesterday, so I think she probably called the wrong number.

Anyway, we got it straightened out

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 04:46 PM
So what was the answer?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/3/2006, 04:50 PM
So what was the answer?sneezing doesn't work either.

Mjcpr
2/3/2006, 04:51 PM
sneezing doesn't work either.

Damn!

On the bright side, you're simply glowing.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/3/2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah too bad I refuse to get my prescriptions anywhere but wal-mart. I'm screwed.

See ya on that "Who's Your Daddy" talk show.

TopDaugIn2000
2/3/2006, 05:16 PM
Yeah too bad I refuse to get my prescriptions anywhere but wal-mart. I'm screwed.

See ya on that "Who's Your Daddy" talk show.

YIKES.

I refuse to get mine AT wal-mart!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/3/2006, 05:19 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_contraception_8

TopDaugIn2000
2/3/2006, 05:20 PM
ooooooooooooohhhhhhh

I must've missed that

Cam
2/3/2006, 06:35 PM
I went to the Dr last year after the wife lost her job. We had to switch the insurance under my name. I explained to the receptionist that some of my insurance info had changed. I explained that the ssn of the insured and one other number that the ins company hadn't provided yet had changed but everything else will stay the same. She proceeded to go off on me. It was so bad that the other gals in the office were scooting away and trying to find other things to do till she was done.

For some reason, the phrase "Everything else stays the same" just didn't click with her. She started raising her voice that I didn't bring her an address, a phone number, nothing. After stating several times that they already had the info I gave up and just signed the damn form so I could get some meds.

We weren't switching companies or group number, just the name the account was under. It was pretty damn strange to say the least.