PDA

View Full Version : containing brandon rush

runner1182
2/2/2006, 04:50 PM
who is going to guard rush? and will the sooners be able to slow him down? this years team doesnt really have a shut down defender as they have in the past i think that nate carter is a really good defender against dribble penetration, but like last night a.c law was slashing right by who ever was guarding him, but then again our zone defense slowed that down. Everette is game to game on his defense, with texas he was doing a really good job, so will the sooners use their zone more than man?

Brasky7
2/2/2006, 05:18 PM
the first guy that came to mind was godbold, but depending on who's in there it will be probably either godbold, neal, or carter, i'd like to see griffin guard him a few times to see if his physicality would throw him off a lil bit...

SoonerBBall
2/2/2006, 05:57 PM
We held Law to 13 points. We also kept Daniel Gibson, a much better player than Rush, to under 15 until trash time. We absolutely have the defensive pressure to keep Rush from going off on us, and if we hold him to less than 15 points we win the game.

sooner518
2/2/2006, 09:21 PM
ive been very impressed with Carter's D so far this year. I think he is the closest thing we have to a defensive stopper

Rock Hard Corn Frog
2/3/2006, 09:32 AM
The problem with Rush is that he gets a lot of fast break points, points off turnovers. I think whoever covers him (probably Godbold) will do a pretty good job on the defensive end in halfcourt. The trick is to take care of the ball on offense which generally speaking has been priority 1 with this team. We have a decided advantage inside.

Texas Tech put on the clinic the other night on how to give up uncontested lay-ups off of turnovers and bad shots. If we take reasonably good care of the ball and make it a halfcourt game with the score in the 60's- low 70's we have a great shot.

The game is at AFH though and I don't expect too many calls to go our way, the home crowd will be fired up and KU is playing real well. On a neutral floor we are the better team but it is going to be tough Sunday.