PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else like CINDERELLA MAN as much

stoopified
2/2/2006, 03:37 PM
as I did.Thought it was a great movie.IMHO it is easily the best movie of Russell Crowes' career .I tried to tell my wfe that it was the story of a man (who just happened to be a boxer) who loved his family so much he would do ANYTHING for them.

To me the scene that most epitomized Braddocks' courage and devotion to his family was when he walked in to the boxing office,cap in hand to beg money for his children.It is a lot easier to do the macho things like facing Baer than to swallow your pride for family sake.Boxing scenes weren't bad either,man they fought dirty back then.

Mjcpr
2/2/2006, 03:39 PM
***SPOILER ALERT***

StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 03:41 PM
I thought it was cool to see just how loyal his cornerman had become and just how much he had done for his own Wife and Braddock.

I got the feeling that if his Cornerman hadn't stayed in the game and kept appearances up...Braddock might not have even gotten another shot at all.

Both great stories in one movie IMO.

SoonerWood
2/2/2006, 03:44 PM
Better than Virtuosity??? I think not!

MojoRisen
2/2/2006, 03:52 PM
Great Flick- Truely inspirational, I acted a little sensitive and the ole lady ate it up, I have been getting some regulary every since. Thank you mr Braddoc.

stoopified
2/2/2006, 03:52 PM
Better than Virtuosity??? I think not!That movie was a trvesty for Crowe and Denzel.

StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 03:56 PM
If Denzel ever plays a better role than this...

http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/movies/trainingday/img/s-image.jpg

I'll own it because it will have to be one of the best ever if he can top the role of the Wolf.