PDA

View Full Version : Idiot lawsuit of the year

OUstudent4life
2/2/2006, 01:51 PM
There's already a part of the iPod that makes it safer...

It's called the volume dial.

Idiot.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/01/ipod.suit.ap/index.html

...The iPod players are "inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss," according to the complaint, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in San Jose, California, on behalf of John Kiel Patterson, of Louisiana.

The suit, which Patterson wants certified as a class-action, seeks compensation for unspecified damages and upgrades that will make iPods safer. Patterson's suit said he bought an iPod last year, but does not specify whether he suffered hearing loss from the device.

Patterson does not know if the device has damaged his hearing, said his attorney, Steve W. Berman, of Seattle.

Can I sue this guy for causing me emotional harm due to my anger at the idiotic state of his lawsuit? Or CNN for providing the content?

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT, BABEEE!!! Screw grad school, I'm on my way to Easy Street! Where's my lawyer?

crawfish
2/2/2006, 01:53 PM
Can we sue people for wasting our tax dollars?

StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 01:53 PM
Maybe you could sue your parents for giving you life which ultimately made you have to endure so much? :D

OUstudent4life
2/2/2006, 01:54 PM

Heck, then we could shut down OSU. Stupid waste of Oklahoma tax-payer funds, if you ask me ;):D.

StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 01:54 PM
Heck, then we could shut down OSU. Stupid waste of Oklahoma tax-payer funds, if you ask me ;):D.
heh.

bigdsooner
2/2/2006, 01:55 PM
speak up dammit:)

Tear Down This Wall
2/2/2006, 02:27 PM

Unfortunately, no. The lawyers who set up the Constitution and the generations of lawyers/legislatures who have monkeyed with it since have made it very difficult to "sue the State."

Lawyers have been covering their arses through the legislative and judicial branches for well over two centuries now.

Tear Down This Wall
2/2/2006, 02:29 PM
Personally, in lieu of suing the state, I'm for holding a public caning - a la Singpore - for anyone found participating in a frivolous lawsuit...plaintiff, attorney, clerk, judge...anyone.

Hot Rod
2/2/2006, 02:47 PM
Do this mean we can sue McDonald's for messing up or leaving something out of an order? We pay for a product that is either missing or messed up. My taste buds suffer during this incident and need to be compensated in a greater proportion other than an substution or refund!

StoopTroup
2/2/2006, 02:48 PM
I'm sueing Bill Clinton for grossing me out.